Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ In the Dark of the night ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The Next morning…
 
Well, the land of the Dead doesn't have a sun, and the sky is still dark, just a little brighter and without the starts and supposed moon.
 
The Skeleton of a rooster made his way out of the henhouse, and slowly made his way to the little walkway up the tower by the house… and shooing the Skeleton birdies away.
 
He clucked angrily which the birds recognized as “Coming through! HEY… Get lost!!” and so they flew away and let him step up ready to crow in the morning, but as he warmed up his voice…
 
The Skeleton of a pesky duck was standing on the roof of the house and already making a type of louder, more annoying crow… and it wasn't for the first time either.
 
All of us shook awake at that awful sound. “Oh, not again.” Cried Emily.
 
“We have to do something about that duck.” I said.
 
Ah well… at least he got us up when we supposed to be. So we all got out of bed and washed up. We ate through breakfast quickly because Victor and Emily had a little shopping to do in town toady.
 
“Emily, come along, Dear.” Victor called up the stairs.
 
“Here I come.” Emily replied and she walked gently down the stairs as she was wearing her veil and train of her dress down. Her style of looking pretty when she goes out.
 
“Oh, my… but you look ravishing today.” Victor said as he kissed her hand. Emily acted all shy and flattered.
 
“Hmm, mm… some things never change.” I said. “You two run along and have a good time, we'll look after things here.” Added Victoria.
 
Victor and Emily nodded and hopped onto a wagon. Victor slapped the whip “Gidup.” The horses didn't move. He tried again “Gidup….GIDUUUUP.” Emily giggled at how funny Victor looked.
 
He hopped out of the wagon and tried to push the horses to get them going, but still no progress. Victoria and I saw the commotion as we were working in the garden. “I'll handle this.” I said.
 
Victoria always told me that Victor once said he had trouble with horses and getting them to obey. So I taught him just to be a little firm with them, show them who's boss.
 
I stood to the side of the wagon and, “… WHEN HE SAYS GIDUP, HE MEANS GIDUP!!!” and I kicked the wagon and the horses took off like a bullet, leaving Victor behind.
 
“Oops… hee, hee, hee… Here we go.” Emily giggled. Victor got up and began chasing after his wife in the wagon. “Hey… hey wait for me!” he called.
 
I chuckled and gazed into my fingers. “Works every time.” I said.
 
Victoria giggled. “You amaze me Mykan. Really you do.” She said. “Quite frankly Victoria… I amaze myself too.” I said, but our moment was spoiled when some of the animals growled and clucked from the barn.
 
“Alright, alright, I know you're hungry… I'm coming.” I said grabbing some food pails on my way, and Victoria got back to her gardening.
 
A farmer's work never seemed to ever get done.
 
Later on
 
Victor somehow managed to get back onto the wagon, but unfortunately they had already arrived in town. It sure was a good thing Victor had no breath to catch, otherwise Emily would have to had waited to do her shopping.
 
Spoiled Dog food for, Scraps. Undead Manure for the garden. New tools to help us with our chores… My, if Victor was still alive his arms would have broken long ago.
 
They stopped off at a fancy gourmet restaurant for lunch. The head waiter Paul, the spider crawling French head greeted them. “Ah… Madame Emily, and Monsieur. Victor… welcome, welcome, so wonderful to see you again.”
 
Paul always had a very special table picked out just for Emily and Victor, and only they were allowed by Paul's rules allowed to sit at it. “'Ow could ever think about giving someone else the table of our Corpse Bride?”
 
Their table was at the top of the restaurant on the first class deck, and had the loveliest view of the town.
 
Victor pulled the chair out kindly to let his wife sit down. He even presented her with a single rose he had bought with his own money while she wasn't looking.
 
She felt all flattered, this was going to be a day to remember in her marriage… No it really was going to be.
 
Meanwhile, at the castle
 
Barkis and Barrack found Elder Gutknecht's library and laboratory and had been scrounging all night through the books for a perfect formula to give Barkis what he wanted.
 
Power… and lots of it too.
 
“Oh, here here's good one sir.” Said Barrack. “Manganese, Phosphorus, Nitric, Lactic-acid and Dextrose.”
 
Barkis just banged his head on the Elders tall podium, “You idiot, I check that.” He said. “That is the formula for a CHOCOLATE MALTED!!”
 
Barrack went pink. “Oh… well… at least you wouldn't get hungry.”
 
Barkis threw the last of the books in the big pile of all the others. “Oh, it's hopeless!” he grumbled. “There doesn't seem to be any other solution.”
 
Barrack looked confused. “Uh, Sir… what do you mean by that?” he asked. “I mean if we can't find a way in these books, then the only other way would be--”
 
He caught the look his Master's Eye's. “Oh, oh, no sir… you can't you mustn't it's too dangerous!!” he cried.
 
“Really? Well, as long as it will help me. I have no choice, or a care in the mater!” Barkis said, and he began mixing up a whole bunch of potions to one of the most evil spells anyone could imagine
 
“I will combine the spell to help me sell my soul for power.” Replied Barkis as the lighting and thunder shook the skies. “And then all including Emily WIL PAAAAAAY!!”
 
“Oh, dear… this is getting crazy.” Cried Barrack.
 
Barkis)
In the dark of the night I was tossing and turning
And the nightmare I had was as bad as can be --
It scared me out of my wits --
A corpse falling to bits!
Then I opened my eyes
And the nightmare was...me!
I was once the most prominent man in all England
(OOH, AHH, OOH)
When I met that wretch Emily, I made a mistake
(OOH AHH OOH)
I can never see the light of day
So for it, I shall make them pay
My dear Emily, beware,
Barkis is awake!
(CREATURES)
In the dark of the night evil will find them,
In the dark of the night just before dawn!
Aah...
(Barkis)
Revenge will be sweet
(Barkis, AND CREATURES)
When the curse is complete!
(ALL)
In the dark of the night
(Barkis)
They'll be gone!

 
Barkis' plan seemed to be working, as his soul was extracted into the evil brew he conjured up, and was given back to him, along with a glowing Reliquary.
 
And the magic was real, as it began to give Barkis his Pale flesh back
 
(Barkis)
I can feel that my powers are slowly coming!
Tie my sash and a dash of cologne for that smell!
As the pieces fall into place
I'll see them crawl into place!
So long Emily and friends, farewell!
(CREATURES)
In the dark of the night terror will strike them!
(Barkis)
Terror's the least I can do!
(CREATURES)
In the dark of the night evil will brew.
Ooh!
(Barkis)
Soon they will feel that the nightmares are real.
(ALL)
In the dark of the night
(Barkis)
They'll be through!
(CREATURES)
In the dark of the night
Evil will find her
Find her!
Ooh!
In the dark of the night terror comes true.
Doom them!
(Barkis)
My dears, here's a sign --
(Barkis, AND CREATURES)
It's the end of the line!
(ALL)
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...
(Barkis)
Come my minions,
Rise for your master,
Let your evil shine!
Find them now,
Yes, fly ever faster
(ALL)
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...
In the dark of the night...
(Barkis)
REVENGE WILL BE MINE!
 
Author's Notes:
 
Hey everyone, Mykan here…
 
Pretty scary, huh? Well, alright, you got me. I do have a little borrowed Footage from Anastasia to help back things up, but I just couldn't think of anything else suitable to put.
 
Ah well.