Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Be Preppared ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
 
Early the next morning, the people of London town were startled by four strange clouds, that sped over the town at an unusual speed, and seemed to settled into the forest nearby the cliffs over the sea.
 
“Oh my.” Victoria said as she looked. “We've returned.”
 
Emily, Victor, and I recognized this forest anywhere. It was the same one where Victor found Emily laying under the tree for a long time, and where I took shelter from during my quest for happiness when I met Victoria.
 
My cabin wasn't there anymore. My guess is that the citizens finally tore it down, as it was rather old and decrepit, but I would always remember it.
 
Right now we had to worry about going after Victor's parents. “Wait…” Victor said, “We can't just go out there like this, what if someone sees us?”
 
Victor had a point, the first two times the dead walked amongst the living, everyone who saw us was scared to their own deaths. Well, with the exception of those who were happy to have short reunion with their departed loved ones.
 
“Don't tell me you've forgotten.” Called a familiar voice.
 
We all looked around. “Did anyone else just hear--?” Emily asked. We all nodded.
 
“Yes My dear, you all heard me.”
 
We looked around again. “Hello? Elder Gutknecht, Is that you, sir?” I asked. “Where are you?”
 
“Put your Reliquaries in the center.” His voice said. We all did as told, and each of them lit up and produced a kind of holographic transmission from the land of the dead. “Ah… oh, that's better.”
 
We all stared at the image in amazement. Victor even tried to run his hand through it, but couldn't even feel it. “This is incredible.” He said. “A way of keeping close contact with each other.
 
“Yes… but we must keep this short though.” Said Elder. “I have seen without doubt that your parents have been taken to an uncharted island somewhere in the southern Atlantic, but by as to why, I don't know.”
 
“You each will have to use your powers and fly to the island, but as victor had put it, you must try and stay hidden, so I have added a special potion to your Reliquaries that will make you all invisible.”
 
“Invisible?” we all asked.
 
Elder nodded, and told us that all we had to do give a single rub on the glass on the Reliquaries. So we gave it a try, and sure enough, we all Vanished in thin air.
 
“Oh… oh my.” Cried Victor.
 
“This is incredible.” I said. Except for the reliquaries themselves, we couldn't see each other, but we could still hear ourselves, and tell where we were by the reliquaries.
 
“Now remember this…” replied Elder, “You can reappear at any time by rubbing the glass the other way, but remember not to get yourselves wet or moistened, or you'll reappear instantly, and be unable to disappear for awhile.”
 
Even though he couldn't see us, he could tell we were being honest. “We promise, Elder.” Said Victoria, “And thank you again.” Elder smiled, and the image vanished.
 
Of course it would take us a little time to get used to the fact that we couldn't see each other. “Emily… where are you.” Cried Victor.
 
“I'm here Victor.” Emily said as she, or rather her Blue Reliquary moved towards the Red one.
 
“Uh… Emily… Victor's the yellow one, over there.” I said.
 
“Perhaps it would be better if we reappeared.” Victoria suggested. So we did. We didn't really need to be invisible yet, after all were only going to be flying over the ocean… Weren't we?
 
Meanwhile, in the worldof the dead
 
Lord Barkis saw everything. “Master, we have to stop them.” Cried Barrack. “We can't just let those four go after the Van Dort's like that.
 
“Oh… but we can… and we shall.” said Barkis.
 
“Yes… yeas, of course we shall. We--” Barrack scratched his head. “We shall, sir?”
 
Barkis nodded. “Why bother go after them now when we can set the stage so we can hit many birds with the same stone?”
 
True his plan involved him taking out Emily and stealing the Van Dort's money, but why stop there when England was full of riches and loot for him to get his hands on, and to obtain such a goal, he had to be prepared.
 
(Barkis)
 
I know that my life of retention
Was as wet as a warthog's backside
But thick as you are, pay attention
My words are a matter of pride
 
It's clear from your vacant expression
The lights are not all on upstairs
But we're talking kings and successions
Even you can't be caught unawares
 
So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer
 
(Barrack)
 
And where do we feature?
 
(Barkis)
 
Just listen to teacher
I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last I am given my dues
And injustice deliciously squared
Be prepared!
 
(Creatures)
 
It's great that we'll soon be connected.
With a
king who'll be all-time adored.
 
(Barkis)
 
Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board
The future is littered with prizes
And though I'm the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!
So prepare for the coup of the century

(Oooh!)
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
 
(Oooh... La! La! La!)
Meticulous planning
(We'll havepower!)
Tenacity spanning
(Lots of power)
Ages of denial
(We repeat)
Is simply why I'll
(An Endless treat)
Be king undisputed
(Aaaaaaah...)
Respected, saluted
(...aaaaaaah...)
And seen for the wonder I am
(...aaaaaaah!)
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
(Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo)
Be prepared!
 
(ALL)
 
Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!
 
Barkis evil laughter echoed on as his demons raced to the land of the living with only one thing in mind. Trouble, pure trouble.
 
They stole money from poor people. They ransacked many houses looking for loot, and even carry more exceedingly rich people to the island in the Atlantic.
 
“Now then…” Barkis said. “As for Emily… I have something much more ingenious when she and the other reach the island.”