Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ The Posh, Posh traveling life ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
 
“Ah, there we are. All finished.” Said Elder Gutknecht. “Alright everyone, gather round.” We all approached him with a look of excitement in our eyes. What wonders of witchcraft was he going to lend us.
 
Perhaps powerful wands? Magic Potions? Spell Books?
 
We actually all he gave us were four glowing Reliquaries each. Emily's was Blue, Victoria's was Pink, Mine was Red, and Victor's was Yellow. “Uh… how can these help us with Witchcraft?” Victor asked. “Their just… plain glass reliquaries.”
 
“Well, yes, but they are not ordinary ones.” Replied Elder. “Each one of them contains a special type of magic that each of you will be able to control.”
 
The Maggot popped through Emily's eye. “You mean they'll be able to pull rabbits out of hats, and make birds appear out of cages?” he asked.
 
This time, Emily pulled him out of her head before putting her eye back in. “I don't know about that, but I hope I'll be able to make YOU disappear.” She said.
 
The Maggot quivered. “I'll be good.”
 
“Pay attention everyone, please.” Said Elder. “No, those are just ordinary magician's tricks, but what you all will be able to do is much different.”
 
Elder first told us, that even though we were already dead in any case, the demons would not be able to do too much to us as long as we had our Reliquaries on us at all times.
 
With them, we'd be able to do certain things that would not really destroy the demons, but in fact make them want to retreat until the next time, because we'd be able to conquer them with many types of spells.
 
We'd be able to Transport ourselves anywhere we wished. Event he land of the living. We be able to summon our own little creatures to do battle with the monsters, as well as repair damages done.
 
However… we must take great care of the Reliquaries, because if they were to be broken even in the slightest, we'd lose all our powers, and worse…
 
If we were up on the surface world, and they were destroyed completely, we still lose all our powers and then return to the land of the dead immediately.
 
Well… this seemed simple enough. Now all we had to do was wait until the monsters made the next move, perhaps it would lead us to our real goal… To find who is causing them and put them out of action.
 
Meanwhile, at the castle
 
Lord Barkis decided it was time… “Time for the Van Dort's up there to take a little pleasure ride.” He sniggered, but when he looked over, His Green Reliquary was missing. “What, BARRACK!!” he roared.
 
Barrack came through the door with Reliquary in his hand. “You bellowed, Sir.” He said.
 
“What are you doing with that?” Barkis asked angrily.
 
“I noticed this thing looked rather filthy, sir. So I cleaned I for you.” Barrack said as he walked over to hand it back, but tripped on a rug and the Reliquary went flying out of his hands.
 
“YOU IDIOT!!” cried Barkis, and he leapt up and grabbed it just before it whammed right into the wall. “Oh, goodness… that was too close.”
 
Then he got up and back Barrack into a corner. “Whoa, okay now master, take it easy. You don't want to lose your head now.”
 
Barkis shot the Reliquary right in his face. “Have you forgotten that I sold my soul for this?!” he said deeply. “My very existence, and everything else I have depends on it… and you… ALMOST DESTROYED IT!!!”
 
Barrack trembled in fear at the green glowing glass. “I get it, I get it!” he cried. “You break it, You bought it.”
 
“See to it that you remember.” Said Barkis. Then he began to let some smoke demons loose “Now… go my minions. Go and fulfill your orders.”
 
Meanwhile, in the other world
 
Victor's parents decided to go looking for Victor again. “Perhaps he's over by the cliffs near the sea.” Said William, but Nell only shook her head.
 
“I forbad Victor from ever going anywhere near any water regions, it wouldn't right for a young gentlemen.” She snorted. “Now turn around and lets go the other way.”
 
William sometimes thought why ever did he marry such a woman. Who didn't approve of much, and sometimes even let him do all the work… even sitting outside driving the wagon.
 
Suddenly, something didn't seem to be going right. He tried to signal the horses to go left, but they didn't seem to move an inch. “William… I thought I said turn around!” his wife bellowed.
 
“I… I'm trying… but it's not working!!” he cried. The suddenly he noticed that neither the horses feet or the wagon was even on the ground.
 
Unbeknownst to the that it was Lord Barkis' demons under the wagon. Who also detached the horses and lifted the wagon high into the air over the sea. “What's going on… Hey… WE'RE FLYING!!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Our four Reliquaries began glowing wildly, as the sign of a warning of trouble. “It's coming from the world of the living.” Said Victoria. “Look!”
 
She projected an image of what was going on. “What is that thing?” she then asked.
 
“It looks like a coach.” I said. “A normal average coach just hovering over the water.”
 
“And who's that in and on the coach?” asked Emily.
 
Victor took one good hard look at the familiar looking folks who seemed troubled and gasped. “Why it's… it's my Mother and Father.” He cried. “What ever are they doing up there?”
 
The images showed Nell, and William waving their arms around and calling for help. “Help us, somebody help us… We're being kidnapped!”
 
“We've got to do something.” Cried Victor.
 
“Indeed you must.” Added Elder, “Now remember, keep an eye on your Reliquaries, and don't fall into any water.”
 
We understood that. Corpses and Skeletons didn't like to et wet, because it made us all crusty and slimy, and ever slowed made us feel fatigued, but no time to worry about that now.
 
We all joined hands and raised our Reliquaries, then we vanished in a puff of smoke, and began our journey to save Victor's parents. Victor hoped they were alright.
 
Well… if he knew his father, he'd be having the time of his life.
 
Meanwhile
 
 
(William)
 
This is livin', this is style,
this is elegance by the mile…
 
Oh the posh, posh traveling life, the traveling life for me
First cabin and captain's table regal company
Whenever I'm bored I travel abroad but ever so properly
Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H, posh

 
Nell couldn't believe her husband. Here they were hover hundreds of feet over the water, with no idea of where they were going, and all he could do was SING!!
 
(William)
 
The hands that hold the scepters, every head that holds a crown
They'll always give their all for me they'll never let me down
I'm on my way to far away tah tah and toodle-oo
And fare thee well, and Bon Voyage arrivederci too
OH the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me
First cabin and captain's table regal company
Pardon the dust of the upper crust--fetch us a cup of tea
Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H, posh
.
Before his life as a fish merchant, William enjoyed traveling the world with his father and grandfather, but of all the exotic ways they had traveled before… This outdid them all.
 
(William)
 
In every foreign strand I land the royal trumpets toot me
The royal welcome mat is out
They 21 gun salute me
But monarchies are constantly commanding me to call
Last month I missed the Mufti but you can't oblige them all
Oh the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me
Oh rumpetly tumpety didy didy dee dee dee dee dee
 
“William, will you silence that singing!” Nell bellowed, “Or I shall have to gag you!”
 
William had heard enough, so he grabbed his wife's purse and tossed it out and into the water. “What… you threw out my purse!” she thundered, and then her fan was next.
 
“Let this teach you, Nell, me love.” He said to her…
(William)
 
Oh the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me
First cabin and captain's table regal company
When I'm at the helm the world's
my realm and I do it stylishly
Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H…
 
Nell thought there was no point in complaining anymore, so she decided to just sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasted.
 
(William)
 
P-O-S-H, P-O-S-H...
Posh
.