Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Fight Witchcarft WITH Witchcraft ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
 
“Witchcraft?!” Victor asked. “Those monsters were caused by someone using witchcraft?”
 
Elder nodded. “There is no other explanation.” He said. “I have studied many of conditions throughout the ages, and nothing else could cause such calamity.”
 
This was very serious, it meant that someone was out there with a rather evil plan in mind. It only seemed that the first set of demons was merely a test of the power.
 
“Is there anyway at all we can stop whatever is causing this?” I asked
 
“Well… there just might be one.” Said Elder. He revealed a hidden door behind one of his bookshelves, which lead to a rather unusual looking corridor. “Just through the other door please.”
 
We all walked in and then Elder climbed in too and shut the door. Suddenly, Emily stopped moving, she ran into a solid wall. This caused us all to jumble about in the cramped room.
 
“What's this…”
 
“Hey, there isn't any other door!”
 
“There's no way out!”
 
“Well I know there's a door here somewhere.” Elder said amongst all us crowding folks, but he secretly was just playing around with us as if t protect something special.
 
“I don't like this Elder, I don't like this at all!!”
 
“Is this a trick or something, Elder!”
 
“Help, someone help! I'm getting crushed, Save me!!”
 
“My eye… where's my eyes!”
 
“Watch it, Scraps!”
 
Elder suddenly dropped his act and stood at the door. “Ah, yes here we are.”
 
“Well don't be a darn old fool, Elder. That's the way we came in here.” I snorted.
 
Elder examined the door. “Is it… is it really?”
 
“We've just gone through there.” Said Emily, but when elder opened up the door, instead of seeing the room we had just come from we were staring at the beginning of a massive spiral staircase.
 
Elder Grabbed a lit torch and gazed a smart look at us all. “Never underestimate the knowledge of a wise old-man.” He said. “Come along everybody.”
 
We followed him, down, down, the stairs until we reached a door at the very bottom, you'd think we were in the bowels of the Earth..
 
“Now I want you all to be extremely careful…” he replied as picked the locks. “There is dangerous stuff inside.”
 
We all walked through the door way, and our jaws dropped in amazement. “Ooh!” what a sight to behold. It was as if we had just walked into a witches lair.
 
Eye of newt, Wing of bat, Eye-ball frogs, and all kinds of other mysterious and strange ingredients on the shelves in jars. Smoking cauldrons, boiling beakers, and a piled of old spell books on a massive work table.
 
“Amazing! What is this place?” asked Victoria.
 
“This is my old laboratory, but haven't used it since the days of King Arthur.” Said Elder.
 
Nobody in this dead land knew exactly how long Elder Gutknecht had officially been down here. With his vast amounts of knowledge, and knowing of famous people, it was guessed that he first came here centuries ago.
But that was enough about that… we needed a plan on how to defend against these strange spells and incantations threatening the town.
 
“I have made extensive studies of the arts of witch craft and wizardry.” He said. “The way I see it… we're going to have battle witchcraft with witchcraft.”
 
We all shared a confused look. “Are you saying that you're going to seek out this darkness, whatever it may be and finish it off?” asked Emily.
 
“What… me?” Elder said. “Oh, my dear… don't be ridiculous. It is you all who shall do this, not I.”
 
Our eyes widened. “You mean… that we're actually going to go out there… search for this Darkness… and finish it off if need be?” asked Victor.
 
Elder hesitated and said. “Well… that would be putting it simple… but Yes.”
 
“This is insane.” I said. “How are we supposed to fend of Witchcraft using Witchcraft? We haven't any witchcraft inside of us in the least.”
 
Elder knew one of us was going to say that “Of course you don't have witchcraft my boy; Not yet.” He said. “But you will, soon enough.”
 
He grabbed a small pair of tongs and asked to rip off a small fragment of our pale flesh. “It is the most vital ingredient in our experiment, and will not work with out a portion of the subjects.”
 
Deciding not to waste time in arguing we each let him rip off a tiny fragment of our flesh. “Thank you all.” He said. “Now, this won't take too long.”
 
Well, that was good thing, meaning we didn't have to wait around again like before, but still we were concerned about something.
 
The Smoke demons, obviously they were working for someone with an evil mind, and even though he had attacked our home towns… we weren't entirely certain it was only us this character was after.
 
Meanwhile, in the land of the living
 
A whole year had passed. A weary traveling young couple rode in their wagon back into London town.
 
“Oh, my… I've never felt so tired before.” William Van Dort complained. “Oh, if only we hadn't lost Mayhew back there.”
 
His aggravated wife Nell slapped her husband's head with her fan. “Would you stop complaining!” she snapped. “A whole year has passed and, Victor is still missing.”
 
“And that's a problem because…?” her Husband asked, only to get slapped again.
 
“We must find our son, and find him a suitable wife if we are to pass on our fortune.” Nell replied.
 
With the Everglots still in Jail for their crime which lead to my death, and unbeknownst to them that both Victor and Victoria were one of us dead people. The Van Dorts saw this as a catastrophe.
 
They had made so much money in their fish business, and now had no one to pass it off to. Knowing Victor's mother, she simply didn't approve of finding anyone else as a successor.
 
But then again as victor once said. “She never approved of anything.”
 
But unfortunately, while in the search for their lost son, their driver Mayhew choked on his pipe smoking, and died. So they were wandering about blindly in the outskirts of town.
 
The same night Victor married Emily, and drank the Wine of ages (Poison) which killed him and turned him into a corpse. He and my sister were married, and Victor was taken back to the land of the dead, never to be heard from again.
 
So the Van Dorts were still left with no heir to their vast fortune, and no hope of things turning out for the better.
 
Meanwhile, at the castle
 
Lord Barkis was using his Green Reliquary to form a ball showing him of what was going on in upper world.
 
“Unless my eyes beseech me… those are the parents of that rotted young lad, Victor.” He said deeply. “Hmm… this could be a golden opportunity for me.”
 
 
“If I may ask, sir…” said Barrack. “Just what can a couple of no good living fish merchants do to help you?”
 
“Barrack, you have the brains of a maggot at sometimes.” Replied Barkis. “did you not hear what they had said… they have money. Mountains of it.”
 
His eyes seemed to take the shape of dollar signs. “After all… if I'm to take control of the land of living again, I'll need a fortune to help get me started.”
 
“Yeah… just one problem, master. They said that they wouldn't give their money to just anyone.” Said Barrack.
 
“I KNOW THAT, DUMMY!!” Barkis shouted. Barrack fell off the table in fear.
 
“Of course they will not give it to me… Not willingly.” Replied Barkis. “Which is why I will just have to enforce things a little… Ha, ha, ha!”