Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Big Bored Blues ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
 
Barkis seemed pleased with the result of his little experiment. “Ha-Ha… It's works!!” he cried happily as he cackled and laughed. “It really actually works!!”
 
Barrack applauded. “Oh, congratulations, Sir well done.” He said, “But… they are still up and about.”
 
“Of course they're still up and about, You fool!” Barkis said. “First of all I had to test my newly acquired powers.”
 
“Yah…”
 
“Second: You know very much as I do that every creature down here is immortal from their deaths. No one down here in this world can ever be killed, not just like that in any case!”
 
“Uh huh…”
 
“A finally: Why get them right away, when I can enjoy every minute making them suffer? That's what makes revenge so entertaining.”
 
“Oh yeah, Sure, sure…” replied Barrack. “What ever was I thinking, Sir?”
 
Barkis stroked his Reliquary like a cat. “And making the people of this world suffer… is only the beginning. Hmm, mm!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Elder Gutknecht's tower, in the center of the town, was one of the only buildings not damaged by the demons.
 
He had just finished giving Scraps a new leg “Ah… there you are, Young Scraps. Good as new.”
 
Scraps barked happily. Victor patted him on the head, and Emily pecked his cheek. “Oh, what a brave boy you were.” She said.
 
“Who's my good boy.” Victor said. Victoria held her hands with that “Aww, isn't that adorable.” Looks on her face, and I smiled at the happy little dog.
 
“Well that takes care of that.” I said. “Now what do we do?”
 
Elder looked confused. “What's that…?” he asked. He scratched away at the crack in his skull and twisting his long thin beard “Have I forgotten something?”
 
We all shared sighs of pity, and then gestured out the window to the mess that still lay about in the town below. “Oh… oh yes, of course.” Replied Elder.
 
He remembered that we had come to figure out where those green demons had come from, and what was going on around here.
 
“Let me just consult my notes.” Said Elder. “Now… where did I put that book?” he rummaged through a shelf loaded with books… which were all sadly the same color and size.
 
“Uh… no, no that's not it.” He mumbled. “Ah, here we are, the large purple one.” He said but that one wasn't the correct on either.
 
“Can you all please help me?” he asked. “We're looking for a big Purple book.” We all shared confused looks. “But, Sir… they're all large and purple.” Said Victor.
 
“Huh?” Elder looked at the case. “Oh… of course they are.” He said. “OH wait now I remember… It's not on this shelf.”
 
He walked up his staircase of books and opened a rather filthy box. He coughed as the dust gave way to reveal a large fat red and black book. “This could take a while, so just make yourselves comfortable.” He replied and got down to his research.
 
So we waited…
 
and waited…
 
and just for a little change of pace, we waited some more.
 
Questions began racing through our minds.
 
What was going on here? What was this all about? And most importantly, if it wasn't over yet, what were going to do about? What could we do about it?
 
After what seemed like endless hours, we all looked pretty bored and tired of just sitting around like this doing nothing.
 
Emily was resting her tired head on Victor's shoulder and used her veil for a blanket. Victor was resting his head on a pile of sheets that to him felt like a pillow, and Scraps had fallen asleep on the floor a while ago.
 
Victoria finding it harder and harder to stay comfortable where she sat, and as for me. Well… I was sitting like that statue, “The Thinker.” Only I was so bored that my fist was slowly slipping up from my face.
 
I snapped myself back into my regular position, only to slowly fade away again. Well, it would help a little if we sang about it…
 
 
(Mykan)
 
We've been here for hours,
But it feels like a year
How much more can we stand,
Before we answer our fear.
 
(ALL)
 
I got the big bored blues
From head to shoes
I am bored.
(We've been here a long time, and we've got the blues.)
I got the big bored blues
It's not what I choose
But I'm really, really bored.
 
(Victoria)
 
There are so many things,
I could do today.
But no, I am sitting here,
And feeling this way.
 
(ALL)
 
I got the big bored blues
From head to shoes
I am bored.
(We've been here a long time, and we've got the blues.)
I got the big bored blues
It's not what I choose
But I'm really, really bored.
 
(Victor)
 
How long have I been here?
How much more can I take?
Why ever I must sit here
And do nothing to keep me awake.
 
(ALL)
 
I got the big bored blues
From head to shoes
I am bored.
(We've been here a long time, and we've got the blues.)
I got the big bored blues
It's not what I choose
But I'm really, really bored.
 
(Emily)
 
It may not much longer,
But I really don't know.
The only thing I would like
Is to end this boredom of woe
 
(ALL)
 
I got the big bored blues
From head to shoes
I am bored.
(We've been here a long time, and we've got the blues.)
I got the big bored blues
It's not what I choose
But I'm really, really bored.
 
I got the big bored blues
It's not what I choose
But I'm really, really bored.
 
We all collapsed onto the floor. “Ah… here we are.” Said Elder Gutknecht. “I have found the solution everyone.”
 
We all looked up and all softly peeped. “Splendid.” And we collapsed back the floor. Elder wondered if it was something he said. The Maggot popped through Emily's Ear. “I think it's more like something you did.” He said.
 
Author's notes:
 
Hi, Mykan again…
 
Just thought you'd all like to know, that Big Bored Blues song, that's my handwriting. I know it's not really Corpse Bride style, singing a song like that, but… who would really care about that?