Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Three gone, and One Remaining ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
 
Barrack watched the whole thing from the gates of the castle. “Oh dear!” her cried. “You on your own now sir. This kind of thing is why I flunked in courage camp.”
 
But then again, he also couldn't stand up to all these monstrous plots anymore, and was actually starting to think his master had gone too far. But what could he do?
 
Then he had an idea and headed back inside.
 
In the midst of the battles. Barkis managed to crack all our reliquaries enough so they lost their glow. Which cut off all our powers… We couldn't even do card tricks now.
 
Worse than that, Barkis was still fired up for so much more that he even changed the entire atmosphere around us into a living nightmare.
 
The sky was all red and fiery… the jungle trees had lost their leaves and had scary faces carved into their bark, and Barkis himself was firing madly all around him searching for us.
 
“Come out, Cowards!” he roared. “Face me!”
 
We all hid behind a large rock clasping our broken reliquaries. “What are we going to do now?” asked Victoria, “We can't possibly beat him without our powers.”
 
“Even with them, Barkis still has more power than we do.” Added Emily.
 
Suddenly, I remembered. “His Reliquary.” I said. “Don't you remember what Elder Gutknecht taught us? If someone sells their soul for an object, then their very existence depends on it.”
 
They began to catch on. All we had to do was destroy the reliquary and we'd destroy Lord Barkis, and ensure that he would never again cause trouble or calamity to either world.
 
“Only one problem…” said Victor. “He's always holding onto it. How are we supposed to get it from him?”
 
I huddled them close and whispered our plans. If they worked, then all will go well.
 
Barkis was still fuming like mad. “Where are you filthy beasts!” he roared, and then Victor popped up from behind the rock.
 
“Give it up Lord Barkis!” he said, “Obviously, we are too much for you to handle.”
 
Barkis focused his eyes on the little pipsqueak before him. “You!” he growled. “You're a fool to challenge me in you present state!”
 
What Barkis didn't notice was the Victoria was sneaking up from behind him hopping to grab his Reliquary from behind.
 
“I am all Powerful now!”
 
“Some all-powerful.” Snapped Victor. “You can't even get rid of a timid man like me.”
 
Barkis grabbed Victor by the throat and held him up. “A problem I mean to rectify RIGHT NOW!!!” he bellowed.
 
“VICTOR!!!” cried Emily.
 
Barkis then raised his other hand ready to blast Victor into dust, but when he looked he saw his reliquary was gone. “WHAT?!”
 
He turned back to Victor. “Got you.” he smirked. “Go Victoria hurry!”
 
Barkis turned and saw Victoria making off with his reliquary. Quickly he dropped Victor and focused on Victoria, “Fools… you believe that I don't need my Reliquary to use Magic!!”
 
Victoria then tripped on a tree root and fell over. Her leg fell off again, and the Reliquary bounced a few feet away from her. “Oh, no… Not now!” she cried. This was Barkis' chance to get her.
 
He created a large ball of fired and blasted it right for her. “This world rejects you, and so does the other… BE GONE!!” he roared.
 
Victoria screamed like Blue Murder. I had to do something to save my wife, and there was only ONE possible way. “Here… take this!!” I cried as I tossed my broken Reliquary into the path of the fireball, intercepting it and blowing it out.
 
“Mykan used his reliquary to take the hit from the blast.” Cried Emily, “…But that means--!!”
 
Indeed it did… My reliquary was totally destroyed. Which meant I was going to be sent back to the land of the Dead.
 
I fell to my knees, gasping and clutching my chest as if I were in real pain. “No… Mykan!!” cried Victoria as she tried to reach for me.
 
Emily, Victor, and Scraps came up to me as my body began vanishing into sparkling red dust. “No, Mykan!” cried Emily.
 
“Emily… Farewell… I'm going back!” I said softly as I began to fade.
 
“No, Mykan stay with us!” cried Victor, but it was too late. I gave them all a smile and a smirk before I had completely vanished.
 
Scraps howled in sadness, and Emily began to cry. “My Brother… he's gone!” she sobbed. Victor held her close to him. “Yes, but he did it to save Victoria.” He cried.
 
Victoria really felt touched. I gave up my support of staying on the surface to save her, and she was going to make certain it wasn't in vain.
 
“Awe… such a pity.” Barkis chuckled as he clutched his Reliquary that he retrieved. “Well you can save those tears for you'll be joining him very soon… if I don't destroy you first, mind you.”
 
Emily snapped up. “You Monster! What kind of sick stuff and nonsense are you trying to pull?!” she scowled.
 
Barkis told them the whole plot over again, of how he was outraged by what happened to him, ending up poor, ending up being fooled to death by her and Victor. “Now that I'm back, Revenge will be mine, and nothing and NO ONE CAN STOP ME!!”
 
Victoria head just about enough of this… “YOU MONSTER!!” and pitched her Reliquary at him… a very bad thing to do as Barkis just easily blasted it before it even got near him.
 
Now Victoria was disappearing too. “Emily… Victor…” she cried. “It's up to you now.” and she vanished too.
 
“Victoria!” cried Victor and he collapsed to his knees. “No! Not her too!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Poor unfortunate body of a soul.” Barkis chuckled. “Shame, I was hoping of merely giving her the choice of rejoining me as my Queen… but I suppose vengeance knows no bounds.”
 
Emily and Victor stood tall and angrily. “You… You're nothing but a huge coward.” Victor growled. “Picking on things weaker than you are, for the sick plot of revenge!”
 
Barkis stopped in his little joy dance and glared at them both. “What's that you say?!” he growled
 
Victor's wife nodded. “Capturing innocent people to pocket their money! Trying to wreak havoc upon our home world of the Dead! You have no right to be called a human!”
 
Barkis was only pretending to be insulted by those words as it kept them distracted from the smoke demons coming up from behind Victor.
 
Scraps suddenly began barking and yelping as a warning of danger. “Scraps… what's all the… the-- AGRH!!” he saw the demons coming right at him for his reliquary.
 
“VICTOR… WATCH OUT!!!” cried Emily and she shoved him out of the way just in time, but in the midst of the blast her reliquary was destroyed.
 
“Emily, No!!” cried Victor as he reached out for her.
 
“Vic…tor… Ugh…!” she fell towards victor's arms but Vanished before they came in contact. Only a few flower pedals from her veil crown were left in his hands.
 
“No… No!!” cried Victor as he clutched the pedals in his hands. “EMILYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!”