Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ The Revenge of Lord Barkis ❯ Your only Second Rate ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
 
 
Scraps had already arrived on the island and was rushing into the Jungle with Emily's reliquary in his mouth.
 
Victor and Victoria were just finishing putting me back together when we saw the dog coming for us. “Look… it's Scraps.” Said Victoria. “How did he get here?”
 
We assumed that Elder Gutknecht must have been watching us, and sent Scraps to help us find Emily. “Well let's get going then.” Said Victor.
 
We all followed Victor's dog out of the Jungle at last. It was still dark outside, but the sun would rise soon. Still, now we had to climb up to very step mountain to where the castle lay.
 
Scraps hopped up along the rocks, careful not to damage Emily's Reliquary. We all decided that if it look as though we wouldn't be able to save her in time, then we'd just destroy her reliquary and send her back to the land of the dead.
 
Hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that, but it would if we didn't even reach her. Victor also was afraid of heights, and he stumbled a few times and ended up dangling from my cape.
 
“AGH… Victor--” I cried. “Come on!”
 
Victor struggled and struggled to climb up. “I… I hope that my nerves hold out.” He said shakily as he looked down.
 
“Never mind that, and just hope my cape holds out.” I said.
 
“Come you two… we can do it. Emily's counting on us.” Said Victoria, and we continued up the mountain.
 
We stopped at a big rock bank which overlooked the castle at the top. “There… that must be it.” Said Victor. “Right, Scraps… Is Emily somewhere in that castle?”
 
Scraps nodded and motioned up to the tallest tower. “So she's up there.” Replied Victor. “Come on everyone, let's go.”
 
“Wait… Look!” said Victoria. We all looked to the entrance of the castle. It was wide open, but heavily guarded by the smoke demons. No way we could sneak past them without being noticed.
 
“We… we need a plan-- a strategy of some type.” Said Victoria.
 
“We don't have time Victoria, Emily needs us, and she needs us now.” I said. “We need a way to get up to the tower quickly, but also without being seen.”
 
Suddenly, Victor had an idea. “We can use the Reliquaries.” He said. “If we become invisible, and speak through our minds, we can walk right up, and float to the top of the tower.”
 
Victoria and I looked at Victor as though he was being crazy, and yet there was that old saying. “It's so crazy it just may work.” So we agreed to Victor's plot.
 
25 minutes Left!!
 
We used the Reliquaries and became invisible; Scraps too. We made sure to only stay in contact with each other by our thoughts. We hid the Glowing glasses behind us to douse their lights and give us away, and then we headed for the castle.
 
The smoke demons of course knew nothing of what was going on. Victor was very careful not to Yipe, and Scraps was careful not to bark or growl.
 
We reached the area nearest to the tower. “Alright… everyone ready?” Victor asked in thought.
 
“I'm Ready.” I said in thought
 
“So am I.” added Victoria.
 
Scraps barked once in thought.
 
We all managed to find each other, and held hands tightly. Victor even let Scraps ride on his back. Then we used our reliquaries to rocket slowly and silently up the tower. We even passed near a point where we could see the other prisoners.
 
“Look… it's my parents.” Thought Victor.
 
“Don't worry… we'll save them, somehow.” I thought, “But First we have to save Emily.”
 
We burst through the last window from the chamber at the top of the tower, and since their were no guards around we reappeared and walked up to the door.
 
“Let's check first.” I said, and gently spoke into the door. “Emily… are you in there? It's us.”
 
From inside the room, Emily was still struggling, “Oh, yes… I'm locked in, help me!” she cried. She checked the hourglass and it was almost empty. “But do hurry… only one minute to go.”
 
We used magic to smoke our ways into the room and freed my sister in an instant by warping outside the castle only moments before the hourglass ran out, and the room was flooded.
 
Outside…
 
Everybody was safe and sound.
 
“Victor!” cried Emily and she rushed over into his. Victor grabbed her back twirled his wife around. Then I shared a hug with my sister, and Victoria shook her hand.
 
Emily even planted a small kiss on Scraps'. “Oh, good boy, Scraps, good boy.” She said while petting and patting him.
 
Scraps barked happily and danced in circles. After that, he handed Emily back the blue reliquary through his mouth. “Thank you, Scraps.”
 
She held her blue shining glass next to Victor's yellow one, beside my red one, and Victoria's pink one. The four glasses shined brightly.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… How sentimental.” Came a sinister voice from behind. We all turned round and saw him by the front gate of the castle wit his demons.
 
“Lord Brakis!” growled Victor.
 
“We should have known!” added Victoria.
 
I stared at the ugly, sinister looking man. “THIS… is Lord Barkis?” I asked. It was my first time meeting him, but I could tell by the sound of his voice, and the look in his eye.
 
Barkis came over to us clapping his hands. “Well done in freeing the blushing bride.” He mocked. “Too bad it will have availed you not.”
 
It turned out that he knew we were coming for Emily all along, and was preparing for all this. “First I shall deal with you all…” he said while showing us his Green reliquary, “… and then the victims in the tower.”
 
We all stood there with angry scowls. “Not If we can help it!” Victor growled and like mad people we blasted at him several times over with our Reliquary's… when the smoke cleared Barkis was gone.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Who's laughing now?” Victor replied.
 
Lord Barkis' laughter echoed on as he reappeared without even a scratch on him. “Why I believe it's Me.” He chuckled.
 
We had quite forgotten that he had sold his soul for his power, meaning he was stronger than us… MUCH stronger!
 
(Barkis)
 
I must admit,
Your parlor tricks are amusing
I bet you've got a bunny
Under your hat!
Now here's your chance
To get the best of me,
Hope your hand is hot!
C'mon, clown,
Let's see what you've got!
 
You try to slam me
With your hardest stuff
But your double whammy
Isn't up to snuff
I'll set the record straight
You're simply out of date
You're only second r
ate!
 
You think your cat's a meanine,
But your tiger's tame
You've got a lot to learn
About the power game
So for your information,
I'll reiterate
You're only second rate!
 
Men cower at the power
In my pinky
My thumb is number one
On every list
But if you're not convinced
That I'm invincible,
Put me to the test!
I'd love to lay this
great big war to rest!
 
Go ahead and zap me
With the big surprise
Snap me in a trap,
Cut me down to size
I'll make a big escape
It's just a piece of cake
You're only second rate!
 
You know, your hocus-pocus
Isn't tough enough
And your mumbo-jumbo
Doesn't measure up
Let me pontificate
Upon your sorry state
You're only second rate!
 
Zaba-caba-dabra!
Granny's gonna grab ya!
Alakazam-da-mus
And this thing's bigger than the both of us!
 
So spare me your tremendous scare!
You look horrendous in your underwear!
And I can hardly wait
To discombobulate
I'll send ya back and packing
In a shipping crate
You'll make a better living
With a spinning plate
You're only second rate!