Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel From Hell ❯ Session #03 - Come As You Are ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







My Angel From Hell

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

"Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy
Take your time, hurry up
Choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend, as an old memoria"


- Come As You Are, Nirvana -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


It was a chilly autumn night in Eckner Park with the full moon out in all its glory. Leaves of different colors decorated the ground, his shoes making a crunching sound underneath. With his hands in his pockets, hunched back, and hair falling over his eyes, he seemed not to care wherever his feet took him, as long as it was away from everyone. The stars twinkled above him in the blanket of darkness, while a huge gust of wind blew his way. Holding onto his coat tighter, he moved on, his path unknown, his destination unclear, but his location at the moment was precise.

The boy was deep in thought with closed eyes, lost in his own world, uncaring of those around him. Tired from the walking he did all day, he noticed a green bench ahead of him, and some leaves scattered around it. Once there, he brushed some of the debris off and sat down, completely exhausted and tired of his boundless journey. He wasn't sure were he went today, but all he knew was that he left the Winner Mansion in the morning without a sound, and ended up here at Eckner Park at midnight. Not a soul was around, so here he was, on a bench, in the middle of a night, all alone with the thoughts that danced around in his head aimlessly.

It had been two years since the end of the Eve Wars. By then, the Gundams were useless, "unneeded tools of war," as the now Queen Relena said during her inauguration speech when she was crowned the empress of the world. And for once, he had to agree with her -- there was no use to them any longer. The wars were over, and with Relena as the queen of the world, there would be peace and tranquility for all. The crimes were small, the punishments were easy, and absolutely everyone got along. There was no such thing as chaos, pandemonium, or even disorder. It was paradise, a land that everyone wanted to have for so long.

Was he the only one that saw a problem with this?

The minute he heard that the Gundams were useless and peace would reign supreme, it was as if he heart shattered. His mind was taken and slammed to the floor. That was the weapon to break the ice and finally melt it away. The mission was completely, sure, no flaws whatsoever. But... what else? What else could the soldier, more specifically, the Perfect Soldier, do with his life? He had been trained for years to become absolutely perfect, no flaws, no mix-ups, nothing wrong. To become a robot. And when he did, he had suddenly become obsolete? No longer needed?

As his comrade and fellow Gundam pilot from the war would say, "Injustice!" Didn't they understand what he went through? The trials and battles he had to endure? All the wars, all the emotions that had to be suppressed, all the things he ever loved and cherished that he had to give up in order to save the Earth and the colonies? Everything, absolutely everything that happened, was no longer needed in service? It was the blow that erupted his emotions, tearing away internally his heart and mind. He didn't know what to do anymore.

His life mission was taken. He was a toy without any batteries, a guitar with no strings, a computer with no hard disk. He was a human being, whose heart was ripped from his body. Opening his eyes to reveal the prussian blue color inside each of them, they were no longer nonchalant. They were filled with numerous emotions, drilling inside himself, harder and faster and deadlier than ever before. He wished that someone could help him, but that would show his weakness. That would show that the Perfect Soldier was no longer "perfect." He couldn't lose that. He just couldn't.

There was a rustle in the tree behind him. Snapping his eyes behind him, he gave whoever was there the coldest stare he could give anyone. It was a stare of death, something he only gave to those that threatened, startled, or annoyed him. It was then he saw the silhouette of an oil lighter due to the moonlight from above. With a snap, the oil lighter opened, revealing a small flame. It also revealed the silhouette of a man leaning next to the tree. A cigarette hanged from his mouth, putting it to the flame, and lighting it. After a few puffs, he snapped the lighter and the flame was gone. He used his index and middle fingers from what he could tell in the silhouette to move the cigarette away from his lips, and out came a long, winding trail of smoke.

Narrowing his eyes, he sneered, "Omae o korosu."

The figure smirked in all his glory, taking in another puff, and letting out another long trail of smoke.

Annoyed, he muttered underneath his breath, "What the hell do you want?"

He saw the man's eyes opening up, revealing mysterious brown eyes. The smirk was still on his face, as he replied, "Do you know how lucky you are to say that word?"

"What word?" he asked, completely confused.

"Hell," he said bluntly.

"Why am I lucky to say that?" he asked, a puzzled look in his eyes.

The figure moved away from the tree towards the bench, arms deep inside his pockets, the moonlight revealing a blue suit, with matching blue shoes, and cigarette in his mouth. Puffy, tangled green hair with his lanky body walked towards him, neck bent slightly. The minute this man looked at him, they locked eyes, prussian blue to brown. But what he found out was that one brown was lighter than the other one. The figure smiled, and in a muffled voice spoke to him.

"You have no idea how much hell paradise can be, Heero Yuy."

As if on cue, Heero pulled out a gun from his coat and shouted, "Omae o korosu!"

He rolled his eyes as he got his right hand and took the cigarette from his mouth, saying, "Look kid, you can say all the death threats you want. But think about it, its common sense -- how can you kill someone who's already dead?"

With a cocked eyebrow, Heero slightly lowered his hand a bit, utterly in shock of what he was saying. Narrowing his eyes once again, he asked hesitantly, "What do you mean?"

A smirk on his face, a cigarette in his hand, and the mirth in his eyes was all the man had.

"Heero Yuy, I'm Spike Spiegel, your guardian angel."

With a smirk on Heero's face, he replied, "Angels don't exist."

He pulled the trigger without even thinking twice about what he was doing. The bullet, however, never made contact with the target Heero aimed for. The bullet went straight through Spike's head, and went through the tree behind him, stopping immediately. Absolutely shocked, Heero's mouth was wide open and his eyes were the same. He tried to say a word, but a feeling, a rush that he hadn't felt before ran through his entire body and paralyzed him instantly. It was fear, an emotion he hadn't felt ever since he was a young boy.

Spike smiled, walking over towards Heero, and promptly sat on the bench. Although Heero's eyes followed him, his body wouldn't move an inch. Spike sighed, taking another whiff of his cigarette, saying to Heero, "Are you going to stand there all night like a statue or am I going to have to move you?"

With his fear subsided, Heero loosened up and sat next to Spike, with their own distance between themselves. Placing his gun back into his coat, he whispered, "Either you are the most fastest person I have met, I'm hallucinating and this is all a dream or a horrible prank Duo is doing to me, or you are really who you claim to be."

"It's the latter, kid," Spike mutter, the cigarette on the tip of his lips again.

Heero groaned, resting his face into his right hand, covering up his right eye and some of his nose. He just couldn't believe that this person right next to him was his guardian angel. With closed eyes, Heero asked, "Alright, so you're the angel that watches over me. So let me ask you this. Where the hell is your halo and the wings?"

Spike leaned back on the bench, looking up into the sky replying, "I hate wearing a halo, too bright. And I hate wings, no use for them except flying, and I like using my feet rather than those idiotic things that take so long to work with. And I hate boredom, which is the reason why I'm here."

"Whatever," Heero said, ending the conversation. He rose from the bench and continued on the path back towards Winner Mansion, the only place he could call home. For some reason, he had the sudden urge to get away from that so-called "guardian angel" of his. Something of his aura made him just want to get up and run. Maybe it was the cocky attitude in his voice, or the "cool" karma emitted from him. Who knew, but he needed to get away from him right now. As if something was telling him, a premonition of sorts, that he was going to be a lot of trouble... more than what the thought.

Dumbfounded, Spike called to Heero, "Hey! Wait up! I'm supposed to go with you!" When he didn't receive a reply, he let go a long sigh, dropping the cigarette into the ground and crushing it with his right foot. The paper's said that he was the lone 15 year old hacker, extremely nonchalant, and the most stubborn person in the world. His emotions would never come out, and if they did, it would be a rare thing indeed. Rare in the sense that hell just froze over.

"How wonderful. I'm dealing with Faye Valentine, Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV and Vicious put together in the shape of a boy that was trained to be a robot all his life and is now walking aimlessly without a purpose," he mused, the most ironic smile plastered onto his face. Sighing once again, he sat up and headed for the Winner Mansion, as the paper's stated.

Of course Raphael had to give me this guy, he thought, he reminds me... of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


"Are you ready kids?! Aye-aye, captain! I can't hear you! AYE-AYE, CAPTAIN! Ooooooooooooh..."

"Maxwell, if you sing that song one more time, I will cut that braid off, slit your throat, and before you die, stuff that meter-long annoyance of fuzz down your THROAT," Chang Wufei sneered, his katana fresh and sharp after an hour of sharpening. Gulping, the poor American known as Duo Maxwell gave the cheesiest grin he could offer while his hands were in the air for submission.

"I won't, I swear Wu-ma... Wufei," Duo said, giving a light chuckle at the end. He decided to leave out his nickname this time, mostly because the former Gundam Pilot was ticked off to the point of no return already, and that special nickname wouldn't really help the situation right now. Glaring daggers at Duo still, Wufei backed off and returned next to the fireplace to continue his meditation.

Once Duo knew Wufei was in a trance-like state, he flipped through the channels in the living room, which he had been doing in the first place. Eight hundred and seventy-six channels and not a single thing on. He had nothing else to do, except putting reminders on the TV for movies that he hadn't seen in years. Bored as hell, Duo turned off the television and flopped sulkily into the chair. He then presumed to go for another song. After all, Wufei had only said not to sing the Spongebob Squarepants theme song again for the ten millionth time this week. He didn't say his other favorite song...

"Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Happy, happy, joy, joy, joy!"

"MAXWELL!" he heard Wufei yell in the family room.

"Okay, I'll shut up! Sheesh..." Duo yelled, rolling his eyes. Abruptly, Duo heard a slam coming from the front door. That could only mean one thing: Heero was home. Great, now I've got Mr. Friendly on my hands, thought Duo, sighing deeply at the thought of ticking off Heero and meeting his gun once again. Sure enough, Heero walked through the living room, passing Duo, and heading towards the kitchen. He hadn't eaten all day, and was famished. Duo, already having a death sentence from Wufei, kept his mouth shut when Heero past him. He didn't need the katana-crazy Wufei and the trigger-happy Heero down his throat.

Heero took off his coat and put it on the coat hanger in the kitchen next to the backyard door. He opened up the refrigerator, grabbed a glass and poured himself a glass of water. From the top cabinet, he grabbed a plastic see-through green bowl. He searched the fruit section, selecting which to eat.

"You know, grapes are good for you," a voice said behind him. Automatically by instinct, Heero pulled out his gun, this one from the side pocket of his pants, for the second time tonight, and pointed it to a head. A familiar head of green, puffy hair, mismatched brown eyes, and a tall, lanky body.

"You again," Heero sneered, placing back his gun on his side pocket, and continued selecting fruits to put into his bowl. Spike gave a mock smirk, picking up some fruit and putting them into Heero's bowl, while taking out some that he thought were unnecessary. Heero glared at Spike, but his death glares didn't phase the newly appointed guardian angel.

Spike looked at him as he said, "As your guardian angel, I need to make sure you are healthy and strong, and this includes your food intake. Now, I'm not a nutritionist, but being in Heaven for so long, they made me learn all of this crap. As Oreo once said, no matter how corny it sounds, A healthy angel is a happy angel."

Heero looked at Spike as if he was a crazy, while inquiring, "Who the hell is Oreo? Isn't that a food?"

Spike snickered at Heero's innocent answer as he responded, "Yeah, it's a nickname I gave to the stuck-up angel in paradise. See, his name is Oriel, and it almost sounds like Oreo. He's the angel of destiny and order, and makes up the rules in Heaven."

Heero was washing the grapes in his bowl, along with some of the other fruits Spike put in their, including apples and peaches as he asked, "There are rules in Heaven?"

"Hell yeah, kid," Spike said, taking an apple from the bowl, and biting into it. While swallowing, he added on, "Heaven maybe paradise, but everything is like... so conformed. So... perfect. Uck, I couldn't stand it for long. Trust me, I went through a lot of shit in my life, and even though in the beginning I liked it, the place got boring. So, here I am."

Heero shook his head, amazed at the entire thing. He walked off towards his bedroom, muttering as he snacked on the grapes, "You are a weird guardian angel."

"Yeah, well, I like being different," Spike bluntly said.

"Who are you talking to, Heero?" Duo asked Heero as he was walking towards his bedroom. It was then that something dawned on the Perfect Soldier, making his eyes widen in fear. If Duo asked him who he was talking to, that means that guardian angel of his...

Oh crap.

Sneering as Heero went towards the basement, "Omae o korosu, Duo." And slammed the door behind him.

Duo blinked two times at the door Heero slammed on. He shook his head, dismissing the thought. Maybe the Perfect Soldier was going crazy now. I mean, the guy barely has anything else to live for anymore. He was a soldier all his life, Duo thought to himself, watching the ending of the movie Space Cowboys with Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, and James Garner. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is hitting delirium hard, he added to his thoughts, before humming the tune to Fly Me To The Moon.

Duo just couldn't stand humming anymore to a classic of a song. Thus, he jumped up from his seat, breaking out in song, and sang the words, "Fill my heart with song and let me sing forevermore! You are all I hope for, all I worship and adore! In other words... please be TRUE! In other words... I love..."

"MAXWELL!" he heard Wufei scream, again.

"... you," Duo squeaked as he ran from the living room, chasing away from that damn katana again.


I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU THERE...