Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel From Hell ❯ Session #04 - Talk To Me ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







My Angel From Hell

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

"Talk to me
In your own language please
In your own
Talk to me
In your own language please"


- Talk To Me, Nirvana -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


"What was that?" Spike asked, munching on one of Heero's peaches now. Heero rolled his eyes at his guardian angel.

"That was Duo, singing... again, and Wufei, chasing him... again," Heero replied in a monotone voice, typing away at his computer. He was starting to get annoyed by this guy now. He just would not leave him alone. Spike was getting annoyed at Heero now. This guy was so impassive, nothing would make him flinch. Nonchalant, stubborn... damn, exactly what the papers said. This job is going to be harder than I thought it would be, thought Spike, sighing as he finished up the peach. Hitting his forehead with is palm, Spike remembered something. He never introduced himself correctly to Heero. Sure, he did introduce himself in the beginning, but the awkward silence between the two of them was horrible. Maybe just introducing himself like how the manual said, maybe that would at least start something of a friendship bond or whatever. Anything to make him talk and open up, rather than being on that stupid computer.

"I never introduced myself! Now hold on there, kid. Yes, I know I already did, but not properly anyways like it says in the manual for all new guardian angels," Spike said, putting on his best "Hi-let's-be-friends" look, smile, and face. Walking over to Heero, he leaned down, bending his head down, locked eyes with Heero, and said in a sing-song voice, "If you really want the proof that I'm an angel, this is your only chance."

Heero was going for his gun again for the third time, but remember that if this guy, Spike as he finally remembered, didn't get hit at all by a point-blank range bullet aimed for his head, then this guy was truly dead. Sighing, he "hnn" to him, Heero's way of saying to do it already. Spike blinked, then stood straight up. Heero turned his chair around from his laptop computer, to Spike himself. Backing away from Heero, Spike sighed, about one foot away from him.

"I'm just going to say this to you, kid," Spike warned, closing his eyes with a long sigh, "I'm only doing this once because I loathe the outfit."

Suddenly, a golden light engulfed Spike, making Heero's mouth drop and eyes widen again. This time only in shock, not with fear. Soon, he could see Spike lifting into her air about five inches, his arms and ankles crossed. He curled up as his blue suit faded away into a silver tunic with a gold ribbon around his waist. His wings grew from his back, reaching their normal size, folded neatly on his back. Heero was absolutely dazed about the entire thing. Spike was really an angel. Abruptly, a burst of golden light emitted from Spike, making Heero have to close his eyes from becoming blind.

The next minute Heero could look, he saw Spike in his full attire as an angel, with crossed arms and ankles still, a tilted golden halo leaning towards the left, and his wings were fully open. They were absolutely gorgeous. Different shades of blue decorated his wings, the lightest at the top, the darkest at the tips of the feathers. A silver shine coated the wings, and blue glow emitted from them. Even though Heero hadn't seen an angel through his entire lifetime, those wings were the most beautiful things he had even seen.

Spike opened his eyes and said to Heero as if he had memorized it, "My name is Spike Spiegel, Angel #71463, registered under the section of Ophelia's Limbo of Heaven. I have been granted the permission of the title "Guardian Angel" by ArchAngel Raphael, to watch over the life and protect the soul of Heero Yuy. I will guard against all who bring darkness to my companion and admit those who are worthy in mind and soul to have. I shall not possess or put into danger the person I am guarding, for it is their own right and free will to choose what to do."

And while rolling his eyes, he added, "And yes, that was memorized. Had to since it was in the manual."

After Spike's speech, he slowly lowered down to the ground, his angel outfit disappearing, and his wings folding back to place. His blue suit faded back in. Once on the ground, he promptly took out a cigarette and his oil lighter, and took a whiff of the smoke. He looked towards Heero again, seeing that he still was in shock. Sighing, he placed his oil lighter back into his pocket, walked up to Heero, and promptly punching him in the face. Heero fell over, knocking over his laptop slightly, but still had fast enough reflexes to catch himself on the table.

Holding the right side of his jaw, trying to put it back into place, while glaring at Spike, he yelled, "What did you do that for?!"

To which Spike shrugged, and answered, "Like I said before, 'My ship works better when I kick it.'"

Standing up, Heero yelled again, "That wasn't a kick, it was a punch!"

Smirking, Spike jumped onto Heero's bed, the cigarette now on the tips of his mouth, while saying, "Kid, your my ship now, and I need to take care of you. And when you were in that shape of shock, I did the natural thing -- punch. Besides, a kick would have slammed you into the wall."

Heero blinked several times before narrowing his eyes and threatening, "Punch me again, and I will kill you."

To which Spike only rolled his eyes, replying, "Look, Heero -- ugh! Your impossible!" Spike threw his hands into the air, and flopped backwards onto the bed, still smoking on the cigarette. "You do whatever, Heero. I'll just be here until you want to listen."

"Hnn," Heero responded with a nod, turning around, and going back to work.

Ugh, I feel a migraine coming on, Spike thought, rubbing his temples.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


It was two in the morning already, and Heero Yuy was still awake. After five hours of napping, Spike had had enough. Heero had to get some rest from the computer. He had tried coaxing the kid to get into bed, but he wouldn't budge. He had tried moving him, but that resulted in another bullet going straight through his head, and waking up everyone in the house. After a while, everyone dismissed it and went back to sleep. Once Spike knew everyone was dead out, he tried the only thing left that he thought could work and make Heero go to sleep.

Annoy him.

It took a while for Spike to whip up an idea of how to annoy Heero. He didn't know what to do in order to get this guy even to twitch an eye. It was then that the most childish but the most effective annoyance hit his head. It was something children would do when they wanted their way. He thought it was a low-blow, something that was extremely low in his standards. However, it was the only way to not hurt Heero and force him to bed. Thus, the annoyance began.

"Get off the computer."

"No."

"Get off the computer."

"No."

"Get off the computer."

"No."

"Get off the computer."

"No."

"Get off the computer."

"No."

"Heero, please, get off the computer."

"Spike, no."

"Get off now."

"I said no."

"Off."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes, Heero."

"No, Spike."

"Off now."

"No way."

Growling, Spike yelled, "You do know what computer rays can do to your eyes, right?!"

"Yes, and I really don't care what happens to me," Heero replied in a cold tone.

Rubbing his eyes, Spike whispered, "Come on Heero, get into bed. You can do whatever you are doing on that stupid computer in the morning."

Heero stopped typing and turned around where Spike was, sitting on the edge of his bed with his hair going towards the right, and his clothes completely folded and winkled. Raising an eyebrow, Heero asked, "Why do you even care, Spike?"

Sighing, Spike slammed his hands on his face three times, and then outward towards Heero while saying, "Don't you get it! I'm your guardian angel, Heero! I'm supposed to take good care of you."

"So you won't get into trouble in Heaven?" Heero scoffed, eyes narrowing.

Rolling his eyes, Spike replied, "Look kid, it's not just my job here. I'm supposed to take care of you because I was assigned to. If I don't take care of you, I'm sent back to Heaven and you'll probably get someone worse than me. And trust me, there are worse angels up there."

Raising an eyebrow, Heero asked, "In which ways?"

Smirking, Spike answered, "Imagine an angel that nitpicked you all the time to do what he or she wanted. To be completely conformed. To brush your teeth, follow what he or she said, and understand and memorize the rule book of Heaven and abide by it like it was the Bible, which in reality it isn't, but it's a metaphor. In other words, even if you are perfect, they'll annoy you even more because they want you to be the perfect they want in their eyes."

Leaning back into the bed, Spike continued, "Look kid, I was assigned to you because all the ArchAngels knew your reputation. I know that sounds kind of farfetched that the ArchAngels of Heaven would know more about you rather than billions of other people in the mortal world. Trust me kid, it's the truth. You were a kid with a soul of a soldier, and there was no one up in paradise that could tame you. That was, until they found out good ol' Spike Spiegel was finally dead. It's like the minute I was dead, I was assigned to be your guardian angel. Because they knew that if there was something about Spike Spiegel, when it came to jobs, it wasn't just a job, it wasn't just a mission, I take my heart and soul into it, and nobody is going to stop me from it. Even if the person I'm dealing with is the most monotone, stubborn, and impassive person I've met in my life... or death. Whatever."

"Basically, you are here to change me," Heero bluntly said, trying to sum it all up.

Shaking his head, Spike said, "Nope Heero, I'm just here to watch out for you. They thought I would change you, but I'm not here to mold you. I'm here to protect you, and that's that."

Taking off his shoes and coat and throwing them to the ground, Spike got the covers, and slammed his head onto the pillow. As he covered himself, he looked at Heero one more time, saying, "I'm not forcing you to go to sleep, Heero. I'm just warning you of what might happen if you don't."

Before Heero went back onto the computer, he asked Spike one more time, "Why do you care about my well being?"

Spike smiled before drifting off to sleep again, "What are angels for anyway, Heero?"

Heero went wide-eyed for a while, before the phase went over. He turned around and continued typing on the computer. Several minutes later, his typing started to slow down as something dawned on him. Impassive as always, his face showed no expressions or emotions. However, his mind was a different story. Maybe Spike's right, he thought to himself, eyeing towards the sleeping guardian angel. Maybe I should take a break. Sighing, he turned off his computer and walked over to his bed, grabbing a pillow. He sat on his chair, placed the pillow behind him, and slowly drifted to sleep.

Unbeknownst to him, a pair of mismatched brown eyes watched him in the darkness.

"Maybe this kid won't be so bad after all," muttered Spike, before he entered dreamland once again.


CAUSE TODAY I FOUND MY FRIENDS...