Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel From Hell ❯ Session #05 - All These Days ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







My Angel From Hell

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

"It's a land of dreams
It's not all it seems
It's a store of Tupelo honey
Down the freedom trail - on a cotton bail
It's the overnight mail
Stonewall Jackson and Pickett's Charge
Mississippi river and life on a barge
Wal Mart shopping on a Sunday afternoon
Chicken fried steak couldn't come too soon
And oh it's the last train to Memphis
And oh don't you wonder where its gonna take us"

- Last Train To Memphis, Elliot Murphy -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


Beep! -- beep! -- beep! -- beep!

Smash!

"Uck, I hate alarms," Heero muttered after he threw his alarm at the wall. He opened his prussian blue eyes, feeling his body waking up. It then dawned on him that he didn't set the alarm last night. Looking around the surrounding area, he was tucked in the covers of his own bed. Last night he had slept in the chair with a pillow since Spike had taken the bed. Sitting up, he looked around. On the ground laid Spike's shoes neatly put together and shined as it seemed. Over the chair that he slept last night in was his blue coat and necktie.

Rubbing his eyes to ignore the morning fatigue, Heero noted that Spike must have put him in his bed last night. It was only common sense. Abruptly, he saw the doorknob turn and the door open. He was ready to attack and throw death threats again when all he saw was Spike, a grin on his face, and a tray of food in his right hand.

"Good morning, Heero," Spike greeted, using his left hand to tug on the bead chain, turning on the lamp to light up the room. Heero squinted for a while, but then got used to the light inside his room. Spike walked over to Heero and placed into his lap a tray of two pancakes, a side of eggs, two bacons, two sausages, two slices of toasts, and a tall glass of orange juice. Heero looked at Spike with no emotions on his face.

"What are you up to?" Heero muttered as cold as ice, not unusual to his soldier personality.

Spike gritted his teeth as he scratched his head behind him, while sweat dropping, saying, "Gee, a nice, 'Good morning to you too, Spike,' would have sufficed, but knowing you after one day, replying nicely isn't your forte." Smiling, he sat on the bed as he took a piece of toast from Heero's plate, he said then with a wink, "At least I know where to start working."

Grunting in response, Heero took his fork and knife and started to eat his pancakes. After making sure they weren't poison or drugged, he took a small bite of Spike's food. Blinking in surprise at the delicious taste, he stuffed more into his mouth, and starting eating some more. Spike only snickered, finishing up his piece of toast. In the beginning, Spike wouldn't have been able to cook a can of beans. But after some time in Heaven, and the cooking lessons Oriel put him through, he had learn to cook decently enough, and after some practice, started to become extremely good at cooking.

Once done with his pancakes and starting on the eggs, Heero asked, "What time is it?"

Wiping the crumbs from his face, Spike replied, "Seven thirty. It seems none of your friends are up at this time of day."

"They're not my friends," Heero whispered, narrowing his eyes while looking at Spike. "They're just roommates who just happened to be comrades of mine during the Eve Wars."

Smirking, he scoffed as he replied, "Yeah, sure, whatever." Standing up, he took a lonely spot in Heero's room and started to stretch out his body.

With Heero looking on, still eating, he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Are you always filled with questions?" joked Spike while stretching out his legs.

Turning away, he replied, "Fine, do whatever, see if I care." With that, he stuffed his mouth with the last of his egg, and turned to the bacon and sausage. Shaking his head, Spike returned to his morning stretches. By the time Heero was half-done eating his toast, Spike was done with his stretches and was ready to practice his moves. I'll start out with some kicks and punches today, he thought, cracking his neck, which caught the attention of Heero.

Not even noticing the look of the Perfect Soldier, Spike went clearly into his morning practices. Breathing in and out slowly, he soon felt calm with his surroundings and waited for the right moment to begin. Snapping open his eyes after two minutes, he started giving kicks in the air. Front and back, side to side, and up in the air all around. He then started to work on each one, front kicks high and low about ten times each, back kicks high and low the same amount, and side kicks five each. He practiced his swoops and high-flying kicks, until he felt that it was time to move onto punches. Knowing he had a full day ahead of himself, he went from his ninth swoop to his first punch of the day. Moving his feet as if someone was trying to attack him, he practiced his ducks and punches, including the haymakers, hooks, and uppercuts. After what felt like a good enough practicing was done, which was actually forty minutes on the dot, Spike stopped, wiping the sweat from his brow, which quickly evaporated.

He turned his head towards a mesmerized Heero. Sighing, he put his hands in his pockets, saying, "Do I have to hit you again in order to get you out of that pathetic trance?"

Heero narrowed his eyes once again this morning, while saying, "You sweat, but you don't leave behind a stench."

Spike shrugged, replying, "Well, us angels don't need to bathe. We're dead, we don't have regular sweat glands like the living people."

Heero nodded, taking in his information, then asking, "Where did you learn those moves? I've never seen that type of martial arts before."

Smirking, he sat on the bed, answering, "It's called Jeet-Kun-Do, a form of martial arts that was mastered by the legendary Bruce Lee. You can say I idolized him. Heh. Well, I learned it, mastered it, and I'm still trying to be the best I can at it, even if some people say... or said in my case, that I'm so good at it, I don't need to learn anymore. But I always had this feeling that everything doesn't have a limit, only a person does. And, well... I haven't found one in me yet."

Heero smirked and nodded, muttering, "A man with no limits has boundless dreams."

His eyes hardened at the saying, closing his eyes and sighed, "I've been through so many dreams, I don't even know if I'm in reality anymore."

Heero gasped at the answer Spike gave, looking at him with slight awe. What did he mean by that?, he thought to himself. However, seconds later he dismissed the thought that entered his mind, and promptly ate the last piece of bacon on his plate. Spike stood up, went over to the chair, and grabbed his tie. He went in front of the mirror in order to fix it the way he wanted. As soon as Spike had on his coat, Heero was done with his breakfast, drinking the last of his orange juice.

Pushing away the tray, Heero stretched his body, yawned, and said, "Spike?"

"Yeah?" Spike asked, raising an eyebrow.

After a long silence, Heero muttered, "Thank you."

Smirking while taking away the tray, "Now we're getting somewhere."

Which made Heero smile, internally that is.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


"Spike?"

"Yes Heero?"

"How the hell did you get me into this shit?!" Heero yelled at Spike, making the guardian angel smile at his mistake. Tapping his shoulder and pointing behind him, Heero turned around to see a couple of people staring at him like he was a crazy. Groaning, Heero thought, That's right, Spike can't be seen to other people except for me. Giving all of the people a death glare, they all blinked once and continued to do whatever they were doing.

While smiling, Spike said, "Well, you didn't have much of a variety in your closet, so what the hell! It was ten o' clock, barely anyone is out on a Monday for shopping, so I thought, what a perfect time, so three words registered in my head, Let's go shopping!"

Heero sneered, "You tricked me."

Mocking an innocent look, Spike scoffed, "Who? ME?! No! I'm innocent! After all, I am an angel, aren't I?" His halo popped up over his head, still tilted towards the left, and Spike clasping his hands together and pouting a mock smile, blinking innocently.

"You said it was a mission," Heero snarled, stuffing his hands deeper into his pockets.

Lighting up a cigarette that came out of nowhere, Spike said, "Well, it isn't my fault you accepted it. That's why you need a serious change, kid. I mean, I say the word 'mission,' and you automatically accepted it like a robot."

"Hnn," Heero sneered one final time until they reached the entrance of the mall, Spike tailing behind him. Once they reached the directory, Spike used his index finger and ran through all the stores while Heero pretended too as well. People would get suspicious if they saw him staring at thin air, when it was really Spike. Grumping, Spike crossed his arms after thirty minutes.

"All these stores and they don't have a simple Tiffany's!" Spike shouted, pouting at the end of his sentence.

Heero couldn't help it. He had slowly turn his head around, cock it upward to Spike's eyes, and stare at him like he was the most craziest person alive. He blinked once after one minute or so, still having the same look on his face. Finally he was able to manage in a simple whisper, "Spike, you are worse than Duo."

Sweat dropping, Spike replied, "I'll take that as a compliment." With a determined face on, he looked seriously at Heero, saying, "With all jokes aside, it's time to find you a new wardrobe, seriously." Spike walked off towards the right, while Heero sighed and walked off beside his guardian angel. Walking into Macy's, they headed towards the men's section.

"Shouldn't we be in the teen's section, Spike?" Heero asked, looking at some of the business suits around him.

While looking at the ties, Spike replied, "First you need a good suit, like mine."

With another shock on Heero's face, he whispered, "A suit like yours? A piece of old trash?"

Turning around, Spike sneered with a vein popping out of his head, "Look Heero, I'm the one with the fashion sense around here. We wouldn't be in this mess if you only had variety in that damn closet of yours downstairs. So, either you follow my advice or you'll meet first hands my combat skills." Adding to his statement while closing his eyes and puffing his chest in pride, "Besides, my suit is completely unique and I'm very proud of it."

Rolling his eyes, Heero whispered, "You are definitely worse than Duo."

For hours on end, basically the entire day, Spike took Heero on a clothing rampage. The first outfit he gave to Heero was a complete two-piece black business suit with deep blue vertical lines all over. The shirt was white, and his coat had two gold buttons in order to tie it. It also came along with a deep blue tie, which he looked good in, with or without. Heero had to agree with Spike, it did make him look professional. It took Spike about five hours to find the correct suit for him. Mostly because Spike kept on picking suits similar to his and Heero wanted something unlike his guardian angel.

The second outfit was found in the formal section. It took Spike only three minutes to find the correct tuxedo for him, making Heero groan and yell in rage. Satin was the clothing used to make the tux, colored entirely black. The shirt was pressed and thin, and the coat made a V-line, a small pocket on the left side with a white handkerchief inside, neatly folded. The pants were pressed as well. The suit had no tie, and in Spike's opinion, he looked great without one.

After a break for an hour with a silent lunch, mostly because Heero refused to talk to Spike at the time (he seriously felt that if he kept on talking to the guardian angel, he would end up like him -- his own worst nightmare), they decided to get some casual clothes to get inside Heero's closet. Walking from the food court to the teen's section, Heero was already trying to pry Spike from the formal section again. Sighing, he dragged Spike (to the people around him it looked like he was dragging air, but no one said a word since he had the look of death in his eyes) towards the casual's section.

"Here we are," Heero said triumphantly, dropping Spike onto the ground. Sitting up, Spike rubbed his head with his left hand while he held the clothes in his right hand.

Turning his head around, Spike whimpered, "You could have just asked me to move."

"Action is better than words," Heero snapped, digging his hands into the pockets of his coat once again. Looking around, he said, "Well, we might as well get something new for me to wear. You're going to hound me if I don't."

Standing up, Spike said innocently again with a cat-like grin and a devilish gleam in his mismatched eyes, "Me? Hound you?! Oh, I never would!"

"Sheah, right," Heero whispered, Spike standing up and looking around the section. Smiling, he literally pushed Heero into the dressing room. Heero only sighed, having been used to it already. He had done this before for five hours when they were finding a business suit for him.

Once inside the room, Spike commanded, "Stay in the room, I'll get the clothes, and if you leave, omae o korosu." Pausing for a second, he added, "Did I just say that?"

Smirking, Heero said while crossing his arms, "Looks like I'm rubbing off of you."

Sneering before closing the door, Spike whispered, "Shut up."

Moments later, Spike came back with three outfits. Raising an eyebrow, Heero commented, "And it took you five freaking' hours to find me a suit..."

"Sue me, your size is hard to find -- really, really skinny," Spike shrugged. He threw the clothes in Heero's face, making the soldier fall flat onto the ground. "Try on each one and come out when you're done. And make it quick, I'm hungry."

Digging his head out from the pile of clothes, Heero shouted, "But you already ate!"

Smiling mischievously, Spike said, "You gain an appetite after fighting with others for clothing."

Immediately, Heero dismissed whatever Spike said, deciding to leave whatever questions popped into his head aside for the moment. Once Heero fixed up the clothes Spike threw to him, he decided to try on the one that made him look like himself. After a few minutes, Heero emerged from the room, wearing a deep tan cowhide sleeve-less jacket and pants and sandals, black leather belt, and a yellow short-sleeve shirt. He walked over to a mirror, checking out his new outfit that Spike picked out for him, while Spike walked around him, seeing if the outfit worked or not.

Nodding his head, Spike said, "Yeah that'll do. Looks good, kid."

"Yeah, it's a nice outfit," Heero commented, cocking his head towards the left.

"Well, time to try on the others!" Spike yelled, punching the air for effect.

Trying not to fall on the ground, he slightly sweat dropped anime style, and whispered, "Are you sure you are even a man?"

Not even phased by the remark, Spike said, "Hey, after taking so many lessons from the great Angel of Destiny and Order, I'm not even sure if he's a woman either."

Leaving Heero only to groan in disgust, walking into the room once again. Moments later, Heero emerged with a new outfit. This time he wore black flare jeans, silver short-sleeve shirt, and a black leather vest with black running Nike shoes.

"What do you think?" Heero asked, crossing his arms.

Spike automatically smiled, nodding in approval, "Very casual, trendy too. It fits you."

Rolling his eyes, Heero whispered, "Whatever. Can we go now?"

A glint of mischievousness hinted Heero that Spike had something up his sleeve. Grinning innocently, Spike said in a sing-song voice, "Oh, sure, we'll leave... after you try on that last outfit."

Rubbing his temples while heading back into the dressing room, "Why am I getting a migraine all of a sudden...?"

Suddenly, within a five-mile radius, Heero shouting could be heard. Fuming, he yelled, "Spike! I am NOT WEARING THIS!"

Smoking without a care, Spike calmly responded, "You have to wear it in order to repay for that remark you said."

Heero protested, "But you said--!"

"Wear it Heero!" Spike demanded. For some reason, Heero gave into Spike's command. It must have been his tone of voice, which registered in his head "wear it or I will kill you." Sighing deeply, he caved in, and put on the outfit. Minutes later, Heero emerged in a familiar blue suit, blue clonkers for shoes, and a huge gray trenchcoat. His entire body was shaking, his teeth were gritting against each other, and his eyes had the scariest look known to mankind, absolutely everyone around him fled in terror.

"Aww! How cute!" Spike crooned, looking at Heero in the mirror with a huge grin on his face, absolutely contradicting with Heero scowl from hell. An idea popped into Spike's head as he said, "I think I'll call you--"

"Say 'mini-me' and I swear it, I will find someway, somehow, someday, KILL YOU," Heero threatened, slowly emphasizing every single solitary word he said. Growling underneath his breath, he quickly went into the dressing room, took off the Spike look-a-like suit, put on his regular attire, and quickly paid and walked out of the mall, going as fast as he could to get away from Spike.

How did the Jewish people say it? Spike contemplated, pouting and holding his chin in thought. He snapped his fingers as he remembered, thinking, Oh yeah!

Thus, he slapped his forehead with the palm of his hand, while whispered, "Oi vei."

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


For three months, this was the daily routine of me and Spike. We would get up, he would make me breakfast, he would practice his moves while I ate, and went shopping every weekday for new clothing. He would give me some private lessons in Jeet-Kun-Do every night from midnight to four in the morning, and sometimes would give me some cooking lessons, even if I protested left and right. That guy would never listen to me! We would sometimes watch movies or see Wufei chase Duo around the house. We placed bets left and right on different things, challenging each other left and right. Sometimes I won, sometimes he won. To be honest, it was a complete blast going against someone that was just as determined and stubborn as I was. I just never did admit to the green afro man.

I tried to keep my sanity with my own annoying, irritating, and lazy guardian angel that had the mind and attitude of an overgrown teenager, and sometimes an overgrown six-year-old child. Additionally, I had to try to keep my reputation as a perfect, monotone, and nonchalant soldier of war intact. Mostly because I was seen often talking, usually arguing to the air itself, when it was really Spike. We would mostly get into fights that had to do with our hairstyles. He told me constantly to get a haircut since it was too messy, and I told him to get a haircut too since it was too puffy. It was three months of total death threats and gunshots to anyone that questioned me.

Poor Duo.

The next three months, however, wouldn't be as humorous though...


WE'LL TAKE A CHANCE ON THE REAL THING - ONE LAST TIME...