Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ My Angel From Hell ❯ Session #07 - Bat Out Of Hell (Part One) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







My Angel From Hell

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------

"Where were you to hold my hand?
Do the things that we had planned?
Yes I need you by my side.
When things go crazy,
I just need to know you care,
Guaranteed that you'll be there.
When I wake up in the night,
Will you be my guiding light?
Like a shooting star,
Across the midnight sky,
Wherever you are your gonna' see me fly
Like a shooting star,
Across the midnight sky,
Wherever you are your gonna' see me fly"

- Shooting Star, Ashanti -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


Don't ask me how I did it, Heero thought with a smirk plastered on his face as he slipped on his black leather coat, but I was able to wake up before Spike did! Snickering inside, he passed the sleeping and snoring form of Spike Spiegel, his guardian angel. Heero was acting very sneaky this morning for he wanted to get away from the cigarette smoking martial artist for one day before he found out anything of his plans. It was as if Heero could here the Pink Panther theme song in his head, walking around his room without making a sound.

Grinning devilishly, he whispered to a sleeping Spike, "Sweet dreams, Spike."

Once he closed the door behind him, Heero raced up the stairs of the basement, and opened the door to the first floor of the Winner Mansion. As he closed the door, he ran into someone he hoped that he wouldn't face straight in the morning. He had to be the only person that would be able to wake up Spike at six in the morning because he always seemed to be up.

"Hi Heero!" Duo chirped happily. "Good to see another early riser!"

Smacking Duo's mouth shut with his hands, he sneered, "Shut up Duo." Suddenly, an idea popped into his head, almost like a light bulb was turned on. Smiling, he unclasped Duo's mouth, which made Duo nearly faint at the sight, he said slyly, "Hey... why don't you and the others and I go out into town for a day off? Get some breakfast and do some entertaining things. What do you say?"

Looking at Heero like he head grown two heads, he whispered, "Are you okay, Heero?"

"Never better!" Heero chirped, just as hyperactive as Duo on sugar. Laughing, he added as he was walking off, "What? Never seen a guy laugh before, Shinigami?"

Duo, however, was left with only one thing to say, "Heero is acting human... the world is ending."

Heero rushed down the hallway towards the other's rooms. It was almost seven according to his watch, the exact time that Spike woke up. He needed to get the others and get out fast before Spike woke up. Slamming the door open, he walked into the room and threw the covers off the bed. The occupant of the bed immediately sat up, anger seething through his teeth as if he was a wolf looking for its prey to feast on.

"Who dares disturb my sleep at such an ungodly hour?! Maxwe--!"

A shot from Heero's gun silenced Wufei immediately. Heero gave Wufei such an evil eye, Wufei shuddered in terror from it's intensity. Slowly, Heero whispered, "Get up, get dressed, or I will kill you."

Without complaining, Wufei quickly nodded his head and headed for his closet to grab his clothing and get dressed. Quatre, two doors down, had heard the outburst from Wufei's room, and quickly followed, knowing not to mess with Heero when he meant business. Trowa was already up, him being the earliest riser next to Duo, having gotten up at five in the morning to have some tea and read a good book before the others awoke. Hearing Heero's outbursts registered to Trowa that Heero meant business, so he drank the rest of his tea, bookmarked the page in his book, and went out of the door.

Moments later, Wufei emerged, anger wanting to cut up Heero into a million pieces, but knowing the Perfect Soldier, he would be shot before the katana went into his chest, let alone make a single scrape. Quatre and Trowa emerged together, while Duo still had the same look on his face when Heero smiled and acted human. Sighing, Heero did something that Spike taught him whenever he had that look on his face. Thus, Heero promptly and casually punched Duo straight in the face.

Holding his nose, Duo exclaimed, "What was that for?!"

"Would you like a punch," Heero suggested, then taking out his gun out of nowhere like usual, "or would you like a gun pointed squarely in the middle of your forehead?"

Gulping, Duo replied, "Punches are good."

Placing back his gun, Heero smiled again saying, "That's exactly what I thought." Absolutely everyone went wide-eyed when they saw the genuine smile on Heero's face. Shrugging to the others, he said casually, "What? Is there something on my face? Come on! Don't leave me hanging!"

"Your... smiling," Wufei muttered, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Oh, am I?" Heero asked, the smile on his face growing. Oh, I'm so loving this, Heero thought mischievously. I'll up it now... oh dear, I'm being evil... it's official, Spike corrupted me. Heero then added with his eyes turning extremely innocent, huge, and cute with a gigantic "hug-me-I'm-cute-and-cuddley" smile with a squeaky high pitched of "the most cutest thing ever heard" voice and the fluttering eyelashes, "I thought some emotions would be nice for a change!"

"That's it! It's official! The world is ending!" Duo screamed, throwing his hands into the air in defeat and running around like an idiot.

"Allah can't be this cruel, can he?!" Quatre exclaimed, clasping his hands in prayer.

"I said it once, I'll say it again: INJUSTICE!" Wufei yelled a war-like cry, waving his katana in the air.

"The Apocalypse hasn't come yet, right?" Trowa muttered, the usually mute and nonchalant person now extremely stupefied over Heero's sudden outburst of emotions. Heero, however, was sighing once again, ready to punch them in the faces again like Spike taught him. Suddenly, it hit Heero that he was acting like Spike. Oh shit, I'm turning into my own nightmare... wonderful, Heero thought, pouting at the last word of this thought. Instead, he took out his gun and shot it in the air, his emotionless mask plastered on once again.

This created the boys to stop their antics and become completely calm, still, and motionless. Heero smirked internally with triumph, then saying, "Well, let's get going. I'm hungry and we need a vacation. And no screaming that the world is ending and praying to God and the whatnot."

As Heero walked off into the distance, the four boys looked at each other, and shrugged, following their emotionless partner, who just happened to have a emotion-filled situation a couple of seconds ago. However, something was watching them in the distance. Knowing that they were all off guard, the figure swiftly snapped its fingers, as four other cloaked bodies faded next to it. Each one was wearing a different cloak. Red, blue, orange, green, and deep gold. The leader was the one in deep gold, as the person pointed its finger towards the five boys, Heero in the front. Without a single word emitted, they nodded their heads, slowly heading after them, leaping from tree to tree.

A smirk seemed to crawl up the one in the golden cloak, as chuckled deeply in a male voice.

Vengeance is such a sweet treat, he thought, especially when I'm after his companion...

"I'll destroy you yet, Spike Spiegel," he whispered, a glint of triumph inside his amber eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


Fifteen minutes later, it was seven in the morning on the dot. Instantly, downstairs in Heero's bedroom, Spike started stretching on the chair he had slept in all night. A smile crawled up his lips as he remembered what happened last night. It was a great night, and he had finally accomplished something that no one else could do -- break the ice shield of the Perfect Soldier. Opening his eyes, Spike thought about going out with Heero today to maybe see a movie with all his frie-- comrades as Heero said it. It was still a hard job for Spike to make Heero admit things he wouldn't ever say. Saying that his "comrades" were best friends was the hardest thing to do.

The Relena character that the papers talked about was unknown with Heero's emotions. One minute he wants to kill her, the next minute he kind of... likes her. But he had noticed the word "kind of." He had put some research on the character that Heero liked, and from his standpoint, they had no chance of getting together at all. They just didn't add up! But it was up to Heero, not to Spike. He was only here to protect him, and that was that. Cracking his neck, he walked over to Heero's bed, smiling still.

"Wake up Heero, the day is waiting for us!" he said, removing the covers, only to see that Heero wasn't underneath them. Spike's eyes popped out of his socket as he yelled, "What the hell?!" Before he lost his head, he noticed a small note on his bed. Taking it off the pillow, Spike eyed it for a second and then read it entirely.

Dear Spike,

Sorry I had to do this to you, but I need some time off from you. You're a great guardian angel, the first of course, I'm not sure, and I don't want to avoid you or whatever. I just need some time off. Like how you needed out from paradise, I needed out too. Your... cool... I guess, but I gotta get away from you today. Just today! I'll come back, okay? I'm taking some time off with my fri-- comrad-- okay, I admit it, they are friends! Happy now, Spike?! Ugh, so don't worry about me, mother. Sheesh. And yes, I did brush my teeth, I did wash my face, I did comb my hair, I'm going to have my breakfast of blueberry pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns and orange juice (though I know the restaurant quality won't match yours, that I can say I'll miss), and I am wearing my jacket. Don't fret Spike, okay? Everything is under control. Nothing bad can happen, alright?

See you, Space Cowboy,
Heero Yuy

P.S: You know, not to make your head big or whatever... but thanks for being there for me.


Spike smiled as he folded the piece of paper and placed it inside his pocket. He knew that he was a good partner with Heero. They were getting along perfectly. And Heero was right, nothing bad could happen today. Now Spike Spiegel had the entire day to himself, all alone with no Heero around to watch over. Just for today. It then dawned onto Spike. He was an angel. He could be seen by anyone except Heero himself. That means he could do whatever he wanted in the mortal realm without getting caught.

Only one word could sum it all up.

"HALLELUJAH!" Spike shouted, throwing his hands into the air in triumph. He added to his burst of joy with another infamous line, "I'm going to Disneyland! Oh, oh wait, do they have a Disneyland in the future? Eh, ah well! I'm still going! Wahoo!"

However, his day wouldn't turn out as planned.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


"Mmm! Love food! Not like! LOVE!" Duo exclaimed as he licked his lips and dug into the pancakes in front of him, covered in all types of syrups and each stack (all five of them) seemed to reach, possibly even touch the ceiling.

Trowa shook his head with a cup of coffee and a plate with a variety of bagels in front of him, a faint smile on his face, whispering, "There he goes with his Lion King obscenities again..."

"Remind me to chase him around after I'm done eating," Wufei whispered to Trowa, cutting a piece of his hash browns and eating them heartily.

"Please, not in the morning," Quatre groaned, drinking his coffee. Ever since the incident in the morning, barely anyone of the guys heard a peep out of Heero. He had just ordered what seemed to have rolled off his tongue easily, as if he had asked for this beforehand: blueberry pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and a tall glass of orange juice with ice cubes inside to keep it cold and frosty. What they didn't notice was Heero's extremely faint humming and unnoticeable bobbing of his head to the tune playing from the speakers of the restaurant's radio.

One bourbon, dah, one scotch, dah dah duh dah, one beer, duh duh duh do do do do doo, Lord I ain't seen my baby since a night on a week, duh da duh, gotta get drunk man so I can't even speak, duh da duh, gonna get high man listen to me, duh da duh, one drink ain't enough jack, you better make it three, duh da duh, Heero sang along to the tune that was playing, remembering the time Spike challenged Heero to karaoke to a song of his choosing. They actually ended up singing it together. A smile threatened to emerge once again on Heero's face as he remembered the memory, Spike almost got Heero drunk, but he ended up getting Spike drunk in the process. How he was able to puzzled him still. The memory that entered his mind would soon fade away, but not for the better.

A window smashed as screams inside the restaurant interrupted Heero's reminiscing. He quickly stood up with the others following suit and surveyed the damage. No one was hurt physically, but he saw one person pointing to the outside. Heero's eyes looked towards were the man was pointing, until he saw four figures cloaked and hooded in different colors. All of them with the same, vicious smirk plastered on their faces. Already Heero felt something horribly wrong was going to happen, and he silently wished that Spike was here to help him.

"Looks like vacation's postponed," Heero said, taking out his gun, shaking off his weird premonition.

"Aww, and I wanted to go to the beach and bury you in the sand," Duo mocked a whine, taking his gun out like his friend. Trowa and Quatre followed suit, while Wufei took out his katana. The minute the five of them exited the restaurant, their entire surroundings became a pitfall of darkness, extremely black. The temperature dropped several degrees, creating a defying chill in the air.

"I don't like this feeling," Trowa muttered, looking around suspiciously. Duo shivered furiously as he rubbed his arms, trying to get the feeling back inside of them. Wufei tried to ignore the extreme terror entering his heart and soul, knowing that something horrible was going to happen. Quatre stood dumbfounded, but guarded with his gun in his hands. Heero looked the most stoic of the four, glaring at the ones in different colored cloaks.

"Omae o korosu," Heero sneered, narrowing his eyes.

A laugh came from the one in blue as he chuckled, "That is if we kill your guardian angel first."

Heero gasped, his gun lowering slightly in shock. Shaking his head, he aimed his gun again, this time to the one in blue, whispering with a sneer so low, it would scare the devil himself, "How do you know about Spike?"

"Simple," the one in green said with a German accented low alto woman voice as she cracked her knuckles with ease, "your going to be the bait, my kinder."

"Your not going to take us that easily, even if we don't know who the hell Spike is and why in the world Heero has a guardian angel!" Duo shouted, even though he was shivering heavily, held his gun steadily at the one in green. Heero's eye twitched at Duo's remark, but that's all the face movement he would have.

The one in orange revealed a sharp katana rivaling Wufei's as he said with a British accented bass toned voice, "We will take you, and there's not a bloody thing you can do about it."

"This is injustice," Wufei sneered, bearing his own katana, "and I'm going to set it straight!" He charged katana first after the one in orange, only for the man to move over with ease, catching Wufei off guard, and slamming the butt of his katana onto the back of Wufei's head.

Picking up Wufei, he whispered, "Blind by fury -- true injustice."

"Give back Wufei!" Duo yelled, charging after the one in orange. However, he was quickly met with a series of punches to his face and chest by the one in green, not even noticing her pass his eyesight in the first place. Once unconscious, she picked him up and slung him over his shoulder. She smirked as she said, "It's futile to go against us. Either come quietly or we'll do the same thing to you."

"Then I would rather die fighting than becoming a prisoner!" Quatre shouted, firing bullets to the one in blue, the one Heero was aiming for. What shocked the remaining G-boys was that the bullets hit Quatre's target, and passed right through. Heero went wide-eyed as he thought, The only ones that could do that are angels, like Spike... but they don't act like angels... that means they are... He gasped as he dropped his gun, creating Quatre and Trowa to look at him in shock.

"Heero, what's wrong?" Trowa whispered, looking at Heero worriedly.

Turning around, Heero yelled, "Get out of here! Run away! They aren't what you think, I should know, alright? Get going now before the worst happens!"

Knowing that Heero was serious, Trowa nodding, motioning for Quatre to come with him. The minute Trowa turned around, the one in blue kicked Trowa with his right foot squarely underneath his chin, creating Trowa's eyes to roll back into his head and render unconscious. Before he hit the floor, the one in blue caught him, throwing him over his shoulder.

"Trowa!" Quatre yelled, until his eyes droop slightly, his knees shaking, and started falling to the ground. Before he hit the ground, he was taken in the arms of the one cloaked in red. From what Heero could see, she had the brightest, enchanting, and deadliest green eyes he head ever seen. He also saw that Quatre wasn't rendered unconscious like the others. He was put into a deep sleep. A smirk grew on the woman's face that was cloaked in red.

"Darling, it's your turn. Come quietly, or we'll use force," she purred, making Heero shake suddenly. This woman was so intimidating, so irresistible, but he was able to ignore those feelings of desire to step backwards, his prussian blue eyes hardened and cold like ice itself.

"No way! If your using me to get Spike, then forget about it!" he yelled defiantly, making the one in red narrow her eyes, as if she was being denied something she wanted. Digging her nails unconsciously into Quatre's skin, she thought, He's just like Spike, too much will power, too much of that spirit. I know the perfect way to get revenge at Spike and break his spirit for good...

Smiling devilishly, she whispered with a shrug at the end of her sentence, "Oh well, I tried to be nice. But your like Spike. Too fucking stubborn." She eyed the others as they formed a circle around Heero, all of them grinning mischievously, making Heero extremely uneasy and wishing that he would have listened to his gloomy premonition in the beginning. A light formed underneath Heero, making him gasp in surprise. Before he could say another word, he was completely paralyzed as he felt his skin being torn from his very body. Pain entered his body, mind, and soul, making the Perfect Soldier yell in agony and defeat for the first time in a long time. Before he left consciousness, he had one final plea to someone that he knew those cloaked figures wanted, and the only person he could turn to.

Spike, help me...

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------


Spike knew he would regret this.

It was completely boring without Heero around for Spike to protect. Sure, he got to do all of the childhood mischief he dreamt about since he was young on Mars. He got to pour soup over someone's head, pickpocket a lot of cash and give it to poor (he had enough from Quatre's secret stash, Spike somehow found it), ate all the ice cream he wanted and threw it into faces of politians (poor Relena), basically, Spike was living in a place that he thought he was living in. This is how Heaven should be, where everyone gets their own realm to do whatever they wanted, whatever their idea of Heaven was, and they can change it whenever they felt like it, so it wouldn't feel like a prison.

But, somehow, Spike felt incomplete without his little friend around to join within his activities. He could just see Heero groaning, moaning, and threatening him with his death threats that never seemed to phase Spike at all. He missed the kid, more than what he thought. It took Spike a long walk in Eckner Park to the place were he first met Heero to understand him and Heero's relationship as companion and his guardian angel. Being a guardian angel wasn't as hard as Spike thought at first, but little by little it got harder. To watch over him, to make sure he had the right things in life, to make sure he wouldn't do anything wrong to effect his "destiny" as the manual put it.

Heero was extremely cold, distant, nonchalant, introverted, stubborn, determined, and trigger-happy. He was just like Spike, somewhat. Spike was extremely introverted, bored easily, laid-back, stubborn, determined, trigger-happy and feet-happy, more feet-happy than trigger-happy, to put it into those terms. Heero used the gun more than his martial artist abilities, and Spike was the opposite. The job at first seemed to be tiring, trying to open up a guy similar to himself. However, it had it's perks after staying with the kid for a while.

Seeing Heero smile, laugh, and letter this morning made Spike realize how deep the ice shield was. He had been traumatized since day one of his life, without an identity, a past, nothing. Picked up by a guy named Odin Lowe, trained at such a young age to be an assassin, lost the only father figure of his life, trained to be a soldier of war, the only spark of emotions left in his human body extinguished by the death of a little girl and her dog, made a hero for saving the planet from destruction, and then deemed a useless tool of unnecessary warfare in a peaceful, content and perfect world. How fucked up his life was, and how similar it was to Spike's own.

"We're both fucked," he said as he lit and smoked his cigarette, an ironic smile on his face, "that's why we're so similar. Almost like... long lost brothers. Heh."

However, his ironic smile turned into a gigantic state of shock, feeling pain enter his body all over. Suddenly, he dropped his cigarette, standing up from the bench he was sitting on, the same bench were he and Heero met that night. After a while, the pain stopped, leaving Spike to contemplate what the hell happened minutes before. However, a thought passed his mind, making the guardian angel turn from a state of shock into one that was worried for someone he cared for.

Spike, help me...

It was as if he could see through Heero's eyes. There he saw four figures all in similar cloaks, but different colors. One in orange, one in blue, one in green, and one in red. He gasped, recognizing all of those occupants inside. Sneering, he clenched his fist, knowing that they took Heero and his friends as bait. Before he felt Heero render unconscious, he saw one last figure there, cloaked in deep gold, his amber eyes standing out in the primal darkness. Wide-eyed, Spike couldn't believe who it was. Out of everyone he knew, Spike did not expect him.

Darkness consumed Spike's mind, knowing that Heero was unconscious now. Spike's insides turned as he closed his eyes, knowing that those five had his companion and Heero's friends with him. He knew perfectly well that he screwed up. He knew perfectly well what the consequences were if he did come to save them, and what the consequences were if he didn't. Spike knew that either which way, he was screwed, and nothing could save him. There was no middle way this time. There was no alternative way. There was no way out.

Spike truthfully wanted to scream with all his might. To scream that he was fucked once again. But nothing would come. Nothing would emit from his voice. He was too proud, he knew that. Instead, he unclenched his fists, and took a big breath. Spike relaxed his muscles, the tension that was about to erupt like a volcano was covered by a sheet of water, turning his tension into steam, to which he emitted out with a long, dreadful and unforgivening sigh. It was then that he put his hands into his pockets, and whistled a tune he hadn't sung since his days on the Bebop. Spike knew what laid ahead of him, and he knew he couldn't just run away from it. It was just another dream, and he was going to wake up from it again.

One more time, he thought, but this time, I can't die, and I won't... for Heero.

He only had one thing left to say until he would meet the inevitable.

"Fuck, this whole damn thing gives me a headache."


I'LL BE GONE WHEN THE MORNING COMES...