Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STANDERED DISCLAIMER APPLIES: I do not own Cowboy Bebop.

" I hate this place," she thought as she walked the bloody streets of mars. She wasn't sure why she came back to this place. Year after year it was the same. She would trek the small distance from the old Syndicate building to the graveyard, and spend twenty minutes there cursing the lunkhead for being such a fool. "Damn you Spike, damn you for leaving us…leaving me. I… this is all my fault, if only… I should have been able to stop you. But I didn't and just like everyone from my past you're gone."

She calmly wiped away the silent tears that fell from her deep green eyes. "Well Jet and Ed say to tell you Hi. I hope you are happy with the choices you made. This is it Spike, I'm not coming back. Four years of morning is long enough. I hope the dream is over."

Faye slowly walked away and not once turning around she said, " I really hate this place." She didn't notice in the haze of her sorrow the lean figure watching her from the window across the street or his own tear that fell unnoticed by the watcher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He really hated this place; it was the planet of his birth and his death. He didn't think she would be back this year, but he really didn't think she would return the last two either. She did though. The first time he saw her sitting by the grave of Spike Spiegel he thought he was hallucinating. He couldn't imagine why she of all people would visit his grave. Every year she said basically the same thing. But this time she didn't look back. It felt… final.

He wasn't stupid enough to go to her and explain why Spike never came back, why that grave marker had his name on it. He knew the kind of danger that would place the Bebop in, place her in. So he continued to do the only thing he could, dream…of her. Spike was dead nothing could change that, and he knew that the sooner she moved on, the safer she would be. But damn if it didn't hurt.