Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

** TO Faye-Faye, my very first reviewer, Thank You so much!!!!! I have decided to move on with my story. I am forever grateful that you gave me such a wonderful review, Again THANK YOU!!!!

STANDERED DISCLAIMER APPLIES: I do not own Cowboy Bebop.

Faye walked back to the Swordfish II, after two years of piloting it she still felt a twinge of guilt about it. It wasn't like she had a choice. While after a bomb crazy bounty she was returning to the Redtail when she remembered she was out of cigarettes. She made a quick stop at a gas station and continued to the local parking dock, about fifteen feet from her ship an explosion knocked her back a good ten yards. When she finally regained consciousness all she saw was a ball of fire where her ship had been sitting.

Once the fire was put out all that was left was the melted frame. Seems the bounty used enough plastic to destroy a large building. He was a bit over zealous in his line of work. Turned out so was Faye when they finally caught up with him. Unfortunately they needed him alive to get the 30 million reward, but not unharmed.

Although bounty hunting was going pretty well on the bebop, they still couldn't afford to buy a new ship for Faye, so after about a month of switching off with Jet for the Hammerhead, Jet finally had enough. He could be heard muttering about stupid women for weeks. Jet called Faye into the hanger and told her their was no use in having two ships if they weren't going to use them both and its not like Spike was coming back for it. Faye understood what he was trying to say.

Ed had found the Swordfish in an ISSP impound about a month after Spike left the Bebop for the last time. Jet used his connections and claimed the Swordfish having it towed back to the Bebop. It sat under a tarp for the next two years. When they lost the Redtail, Jet had worked on the Swordfish at night for a two weeks to get it flight ready. He had Ed change the registration number just in case any of Spike's old Syndicate buddies came looking for them.

A beeping noise brought Faye from her trip down memory lane. Realizing it was the comm unit she reached over and flipped it on. Jet appeared on the screen, " Hey Faye you coming back this century?"

"Yea, I'm on my way now" she replied. " What's up?"

"Not much, Ed found a bounty on Venus, we're heading out in about an hour."

"Alright I'm on my way. Need anything?" She asked.

"No just get your ass back here." With that Jet flipped off his Comm unit.