Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

STANDERED DISCLAIMER APPLIES: I do not own Cowboy Bebop.

"Faye on her way back yet?" Asked Ed. "Yea, she's on her way now."

" She'll be fine Jet. She goes to Mars all the time."

" I know, I just worry about her this time of year." Jet sighed. " She really took his death hard, harder than anyone else."

" Faye is stronger than she use to be, I think she is finally putting Spike's death behind her." Ed told him. " I know she blamed her self for not stopping him. Even though there was nothing she could have done."

"Yea kid I know. So what did you find on that bounty?" Jet asked changing the subject. Ed just smiled letting him off the hook. Even after being on the Bebop together for five years and all the changes that went on, some things remained the same. " I'll go over all of it when Faye gets here, Only want to do it once" Ed replied. " Guess Ill start dinner then, Faye will be hungry when she gets back. I doubt she has eaten since she left this morning." With that he left for the kitchen. Ed just shook her head.

At seventeen going on thirty, Ed had been through a lot of changes in the last four years. Her hacking skills had only improved with time. The name Radical Ed was one of the most infamous among hackers. Although most still thought Ed was a boy. At lest those who never met Ed.

At 5'9 Ed was still all arms and legs. But she filled out nicely in all the right places. With the help of Faye she had moved on from the spandex and cut off tees. Right about the same time Faye got rid of that ridicules yellow vinyl outfit. After a big bounty Faye and Ed took off for the weekend leaving Jet and Ein to entertain themselves while the girls went on a small vacation of spa's and shopping. It was fast in becoming a tradition. Every few months they would take off for what ever port was closest and just relax, sometimes they would drag Jet along, but it was very rare.

When Ed decided to go after her father she and Ein tracked him for about a week, but they never caught up with him. When she learned about Spike's death she realized that Bebop was where she belonged and commandeered a ship to get to mars. The captain was very understanding come to think about it. She thought his head was going to explode while she calmly explained that he was going to take her to Mars to meet the Bebop.

" I'm back" Faye called as she walked into the main room. Flopping down on the old yellow couch she looked over at Ed sitting in front of Tomato. "Hey Faye, How was Mars?" Asked Ed, looking up from her computer.

"Same old, same old" replied Faye " Dirty as ever, I really hate that place. So what's with this new bounty?"

Jet came out of the kitchen as she finished asking Ed about the bounty. "After dinner will go over the particulars. Foods ready." He told them walking back into the kitchen." Where having Bell pepper and Beef .