Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard Disclaimer Applies: I Do Not Own Cowboy BeBop.

Well here is the next chapter. I really haven't heard a lot about this story, I won't beg or threaten for reviews, but it would be nice to know if anyone likes this story so far. I know it is still in its introductory phase, building the plot line and all that. But even flames would be nice at this point. Just to let me know someone is reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner had been eaten and the dishes deposited into the sink to be washed later. The small crew of the BeBop gathered around the old coffee table. Jet sat in his old chair, Ed sat Indian style on the floor with Tomato in her lap and Faye propped up on the arm of the old yellow couch. Everyone noticed the empty space where Spike would have been, but like countless times before no one said anything.

" The bounty's name is Jonathan Mackenzie" Ed began. " He is wanted for 10 account of first degree murder, and over 50 accounts of assault with a deadly weapon. There isn't a lot of info on him other than that. Personal description is vague at best, He is about 5'10 to 6 feet. Dark hair and on the skinny side."

"Well that's helpfully. That only describes over half the population of the know galaxy" Faye retorted with a dramatic eye roll.

" Shut up Faye," Jet replied " What else did you find out Ed."

" Well it seems that all of victims were in some way related to a syndicate, But not just a one specific, but all the syndicates have been hit in the last four years. The victims have all been top people, the ones that should have been the hardest to get to."

" So what is he some kind of hitman for hire or just a nut with a vendetta?" asked Faye. " Sounds like a hitman to me. Let me contact some people on Venus, I think I know a few people with favors I can call in and get some more info about this guy." Jet said. " Ed keep looking, see if you can find out where this guy is or the last place he was."

"Right-Y- O Boss." Ed saluted.

" Well I am going to go take a shower and get some sleep. Wake me up when we get to Venus." And with that Faye walked out of the common room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They have departed from Mars, sir." He told the man sitting behind the large desk. "They have set course for Venus." " Is the BeBop being followed?" He asked. "Yes Sir, I have four of our best watching them, But we are not the only ones keeping their movement under surveillance". Hesitating for a second he added. "They have three other tags sir."

The man looked at him waiting. " Do we know who they could be?" He asked. But he already had a pretty good clue as to who they were. " We believe that they are the from the Silver Serpent sir." The man behind the desk sighed lightly. " Do we know why they are following the BeBop?"

He hesitated again, " We believe that they have targeted Ms. Valentine, Sir. Our spies inside the Silver serpent believe that they are going to use Ms. Valentine to lure you out into the open." The man stood from his desk and walked to the large window looking out to the Mars skylight. " How would they know about my connection to Ms. Valentine?" He asked.

" We believe that they have their own connections inside our operation. We are searching them out now." The man slowly turned to face his long time friend. "Unfortunately the damage has been done already. Do we know why the BeBop is on its way to Venus?"

"We believe that they are after a bounty. Jonathan Mackenzie."

"The syndicate hitman for hire?" the man asked. "When was the bounty place on Mackenzie?"

The friend searched through the information net on the desk. "Says right here that the bounty was offered the same day that our spies contacted us about the BeBop and their plans for Ms. Valentine.