Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Going Under ❯ Going under ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is a Cowboy Bebop songfic to `Going Under' by evanescence. I don't own anything. Point of view is Gren, the song is supposed to be in italics so sorry if it isn't. Please review if you want this continued.

Now I will tell you what I've done for you

The explosion didn't kill him. I knew it wouldn't. It's not my job to kill him. Of course, it is my job to die, and I haven't done that yet, either.

50 thousand tears I've cried

What happed to the Vicious I befriended so long ago?

Screaming, deceiving, and bleeding for you

The girl, Faye, I scared her away, and now they think me dead. I shouldn't have, I probably could have stayed, tried to forget, everything, you.

And still you won't hear me

How much of me, of us, do you remember?

Don't want your hand this time I'll save myself

I feel I own you still for the times during the war you've saved my life. Even now, did you know I wasn't fatally wounded? Why do I fell this after all you've don to me.

Maybe I'll wake up for once

Not tormented daily defeated by you

You won. I may not be dead yet, but I'm still bleeding, quite a bit, and I haven't bothered to try and stop it. At least, when I'm dead, you'll finally have to leave me, and my thoughts, alone.

Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom

I'm dying again

I'm going under

I'm drowning in you

I'm falling forever

I've got to break through

I'm going under

I, as stupid as it sounds, am relieved that neither I nor spike killed him. I don't want him to die. I still love him, and want to try and get back the friendship we had. Or more. This means I don't want myself to die either.

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't what's real and what's not

I pause in the midst of wrapping my ribs. Is it better if I die? I'm supposed to; it's the way the story goes. Irrationally thinking minor characters in love with the bad guy aren't supposed to live.

Always confusing the thoughts in my head

So I can't trust myself anymore

I'm dying again

After a bit of deliberation, I leave off the wrapping, and instead reach for a small bottle of pills.

I'm going under

Drowning in you

I'm falling forever

I've got to break through

The pills are one of the first things they tested on me. It worked, healed any wounds, external or internal, with the only side effect a span of unconsciousness, but I didn't let them know. So they threw out what the had, and I kept a few, now many left, maybe three more doses after I take a few. I stop the ship, say a quick prayer that all goes well, and swallow them

*time passes*

I wake up. The ship drifted a long way. It's almost in the atmosphere of some planet. I don't know which one, but I go ahead and enter.

So go on and scream

Scream at me I'm so far away

I pass by the roof of a tall building. As I do I see a body out of the corner of my eye and land my ship. The body is that of Vicious!

I won't be broken again

I've got to breath

I can't keep going under

I drag the nearly lifeless body of Vicious back into the ship, and force into him the rest of the pills. Foolish as it is, I pray that work

A/N: like I said, reviews are needed to make me continue, I think half a page per review, written, not typed, unless I feel particularly inspired. I'm just tired of getting very few reviews for all of my stories. Do that few people think they're good? Oh well, bye.