Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Just From the Past ❯ Creepy Encounters ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, this chapter introduces the second OC. Faye is a bit OOC.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything of cowboy bebop, or their guns

Â

This chapter takes place about a week later. Faye has now joined the crew of the Bebop.

Jet and Faye were sitting around Spike while Spike was telling them information about some new bounties. "Ok, there are three bounties on this planet, and three of us, since Jessi is still incapacitated. Here's the list." He pulls out three images. "The first one, and the lowest bounty is Kevin Oztlie: 500,000 woolongs. He is a former member of a local mafia. He shouldn't be too hard to catch, but the reward is from the mafia boss. I'll get to him later. The next is Denny Solit: 1 mil. Just some local problems with the law, killed a cop. Another easy catch. Our main target is this guy, Rudolfus. He's the mafia boss and is worth 8mil. We'll have a tough time nabbing him, since he has an entire mafia behind him…*sigh* might actually have to use our guns for this one. Right, so there are three of us, so each one gets a target. I'll get Rudolfus, since it's been real boring around here and I feel like a challenge. You guys can fight over the other two." Spike then walks off with his hands in his pockets to let Faye and Jet fight it out.

Jet got up and said, "I'll take Solit, you get Oztlie.

Faye looked up at him and replied in a sarcastic tone, "Ok, thanks Jet. I just love it when I get the easiest guy, because I just love being treated as an inferior."

Jet snapped back, "Don't push it Faye." And then he walks off.

Ein sits on the table, looks at Faye, and says, "Arf!" Faye just looks back at Ein with an evil glare.

Jet, Spike, and Faye all go off on their separate ways. Faye heads first to a bar to get a drink.

Faye finds that the bar is quite crowded, and sits at the only bar stool open. She orders a CC with water and looks around. She finds the bar is filled with some tough looking guys, and then some not so tough looking guys. She thinks, "This city isn't so bad." The person sitting next to her starts up a conversation with her and they end up talking for a while. They find that they enjoy each other's company.

Faye said to the man, "Hey, I'm Faye. What's your name?

The man made a gesture as if to tip his hat if he had one and said, "Hello Faye, I'm Kevin. I'm glad that I met you…I usually come to this bar when I am having girl problems…seems my luck has changed."

Faye orders another drink and says, "Yea."

Kevin looks at her and asks, "So, what do you do?"

Faye starts lighting a cigarette and tells him, "Well, you won't believe me, but I'm a bounty hunter."

Kevin says to himself as if what he just heard needed to sink in, "A bounty hunter…" He takes a sip of his drink and then says, "Yea, with this town I believe you. You in town looking for a bounty?"

Faye looks at him and smirks, "Yea, you could say that."

Kevin then smiles himself, "You usually get drunk when you're on the job?"

Faye smiles and says, "I was in the mood for a drink."

Kevin and Faye sat there for about five minutes when Kevin asked, "How long are you in town?"

Faye hesitated, and then said, "A few days."

"Well, before you leave, I think that you should go to the museum sometime. I think you might find something interesting there…well, I have to go. It's after midnight, got a lunch date tomorrow too. Hope I see you later Faye.", said Kevin as he got up to leave.

Faye stares at his retreating back and murmurs, "Yea, see ya." And then thinks to herself, "Nice guy."

The next day, Faye is looking around the city for Kevin Oztlie. She is ready to give up around noon, when she sees Kevin walk into a restaurant. She quickly stations herself across the street on a bench.

Inside the restaurant Kevin orders a glass of water and tells the waiter, "The rest of my party isn't here yet." An hour passes and Kevin has had five more glasses of water and has gone to the bathroom. Another 30 minutes goes by and he has gone to the bathroom three more times. He notices Faye out across the street watching him through the window and thinks to himself, "Yup, she's after my bounty. Too bad, I really thought she liked me, hah, I have such great luck with women. I got to chalk this stand-up to the list…think that's five. Yea, but what to do about Faye…hmmm yes…"

Kevin leaves the restaurant and walks down the street to an apartment building. He notices that Faye is following him but he ignores her. He enters the apartment building and goes into an elevator. Faye goes into the one next to it. Kevin gets off at the top floor.

He waits for Faye's elevator to get there and thinks, "hmm, hmm, hmm, I love the elevator trick."

The elevator reaches the top floor and the doors open and before Faye gets out he gets in. She is too shocked to do anything.

"Hey, did you just move into this building? I haven't seen you before.", said Kevin casually.

Faye hesitates a moment while searching for a credible explaination, "Uh, I…yea, I just moved in…4A."

Kevin looks at Faye trying to hide the fact that he knows she's lying. He looks at her slightly confused and says, "Are you sure? That's my apartment."

Faye started to get nervous and then stuttered out, "I…I mean 5A. Sorry."

Kevin just stands there smiling inwardly thinking, "Hee hee hee, she doesn't think I know who she is…"

They both exit the elevator and go their separate ways, until Faye turns around and starts to tail Kevin again. Kevin walks around aimlessly for a few hours until it is just before sundown.

He has some business to take care of, so he starts heading towards the museum. He doesn't bother looking back, knowing that Faye is still following him, lest she suspect that he knows she is onto him.

Kevin enters the museum. It is a massive building with a rotunda-like walkway going up with exhibits lining the hallways all the way to the top. Oztlie walks up to a space that is looking at the door while waiting for Faye to come in. As she is outside about to walk in, she notices a car pull up and three shady looking characters get out and walk quickly into the museum. She looks at their retreating backs and smirks thinking, "Hmmm…I may have to fight for this one after all."

Kevin waits inside impatiently thinking, "Well, you can come in any time now, Faye…ah, there she is. I wonder what stalled her."

Faye walks in through the front doors. She sees Oztlie and smirks. Oztlie is standing off to the side and thinks, "She's been following me all day. Damn she's persistent…"

Then, from within the museum, a man comes walking towards them. Ozstlie turns around and says, "Joshua?! Oh shit! How did…what…crap."

Ozstlie jumps behind a marble railing.

Joshua starts laughing, "You idiot, why the hell would you come back here, after what you did? I am so glad I can kill you now, and get money for it too!"

Ozstlie mutters from behind the railing, "Shit, shit, shit, shit!"

Faye stands there confused for a minute before a slight smirk is seen on her face, "Uh oh…might have to kill them for the poor guy." Joshua starts to open fire at Kevin who runs farther up the walkway trying to stay in the cover of the marble railing.

Kevin runs up the walkway while getting shot at. He turns around and sees that more people have joined Joshua in shooting and chasing him. He decides to hide in a room and turns out the lights so he can hide better. There is a sign in front of the exhibit that says "Medieval Period". The thugs stand at the entrance to the exhibit. Joshua takes a step in and calls out, "Oztlie, come out, you can't run anymore. You're not really in the best place to hide from us. Alright guys, get ready to shoot him out."

Out of a dark corner an axe flies out and hit one of the guys in the chest, killing him instantly. Joshua looks over and yells, "Shit! Kill him!"

They all start firing into the exhibit. They see someone running at them from inside the exhibit and they shoot at the figure, hearing it get shot, fall over, and yell in pain. Ozltie rolls around a bit yelling, "Ahhhhh, arrrrgggghhhh………"

One of the thugs smirks and says, "Hah, I think I got him."

Joshua starts moving toward the now still body, "I'm in charge, I get the kill!"

While the thug and Joshua are fighting Kevin runs out of the exhibit with a short sword in hand while running into the thug and kicking Joshua's gun out of his hand. Joshua stands there shocked and then exclaims, "Damn you! I should have known it wouldn't be this easy."

Kevin looks at him and says, "Hah, you know it's never easy with me." Joshua picks up the first two things he finds in the exhibit, another sword and a pike. He breaks off the pole of the pike so it's basically just the pike head.

Joshua stands there watching Kevin cautiously, "Let's see you fight your way out of this." They both charge at each other, blocking each other's blows. Unbeknownst to them Faye is still watching from across the way.

Eventually Kevin knocks the pike head out of Joshua's hand and says, "Now that it's even, we'll see who the better fighter is."

Joshua lunges at Kevin and says, "I'll still kick your ass, Oztlie." They get into a heated sword fight. Kevin finds an opening and punches him in the face. Joshua falls down near an earlier discarded gun. He picks up the gun and tries to shoot at Kevin, but he easily dodges it while throwing his sword at him. The sword hits Joshua straight in the stomach. He gets up and stumbles around eventually falling over in the middle of the floor.

Kevin walks away muttering, "Damn, that never worked before." He stops suddenly when he sees Faye, "Faye! Were you just standing there the whole time?"

Faye gives him a dirty look and responds, "Well, hello to you too."

Kevin ignores the statement and runs over to her, grabbing her hand and running out the doors while yelling, "We have to get out of here, they are going to be after you too if they see you…and I don't want you to get hurt."

Faye stops and yanks back her hand snapping, "Hey! I think I can take care of myself."

Kevin turns around and looks at her. "You just got mixed up with the local mafia, they are not to be messed with." he said sternly.

"THEN WHAT WERE YOU DOING BACK THERE?" Faye screamed in his face.

Kevin grabs her hand again and starts running away from the museum. "Where are we going exactly?" Faye asked after they had run for a couple of blocks.

"We're going back to my apartment. I have to get some…things. We'll be safe there." He replied.

"Usually don't go back to their place on the first date." Faye muttered under her breath.

Kevin looks back with a quizzical look, "What?"

Faye feels her cheeks redden, "Nothing, never mind."

Â

A/N: please review