Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven: Side Stories ❯ Nothing to Do Around Here ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nothing to Do Around Here

There's nothing to do around here. The jobs had been slow lately. Almost too small. Those that did come up were too small to look at.

“When is he coming back?” Daisuke asked.

“You already asked that,” Jet said.

“Did I?” the boy asked.

“Yes,” he said, rolling his eyes. Daisuke thought about it for a moment.

“Oh,” he said. He doesn't remember how many times he's asked this question. The boy sat up. He frowned as he stretched his neck.

“I'm bored,” he said.

“You're not filming anything?” Jet asked. Daisuke shook his head.

“Hm,” the man said. Daisuke stared off into space. The other interns weren't around. Mandy went out shopping somewhere. Soot and Bemmer went somewhere. He didn't remember where. Same with the boss. Ein was asleep on the floor. Ed was probably in her room. He didn't know where Faye was.

“What are you doing today?” Daisuke asked. He didn't answer. The intern frowned.

“Jet? Jet? Jet?” the boy asked. The older man turned his head.

“What?!” he asked. Daisuke sat up straight.

“When are they getting back?” he asked. Jet walked out of the room. He was not going to entertain this again. The intern shrugged to himself as he stared back out into space again.