Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Mars + Heaven: Side Stories ❯ T.J. in Love ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

T.J. in Love

T.J. sat at the bar on a Monday evening. He has a little problem. There is a woman. She was Spanish like him. Her name was Lola. T.J. seemed to have a hard time trying to get her to give him a second look. Jet stared at him at the bar.

“What is the problem now?” he asked. T.J. dropped his shoulders and sighed.

“When I'm around her, I don't know what to say to her,” he said.

“As in…”

“Just to get her to notice me. It sounds stupid, I know.”

“No.”

“Feels like it.” T.J. finished off his drink. Jet started at him.

“What do you want?” he asked. The other man set down his glass.

“Just talk to her, I suppose,” T.J. said. “Maybe get her number.” He flagged down the bartender.

“How are things with Ume?” he asked.

“Good,” Jet said. “She's good.”

“Ah,” T.J. said. The bartender walked over to the men. T.J. made his second order.

“Can you make it stronger this time?” he asked. The bartender nodded as he got to work. T.J. drummed his fingers on the bar as he took a moment to think.

“You know what?” he asked. “I'm going to do it. I'm just going to talk to her. Hell, I'll call her right now.” Jet gave him a look.

“You sure about that?” he asked. “How much have you had to drink?” T.J. waved him off. He already had his phone out in his hand.

“It's fine,” he said. “I won't do anything stupid, I promise. It will just be a quick hello and then who knows?” Jet didn't look convinced but said nothing. T.J. dialed Lola's number.