Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Never Lost, just forgotten ❯ Old habits ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my next chapter to my story. I hope you guys enjoy reading as much as I enjoyed writing it. Well here goes nothing…

 

He got up off the musty yellow couch. He remembered the days that he just laid there sleepily, that was a time he remembered before he died, before he was nothing but an empty shell who walked around with a so-called purpose.

He sat up and looked around the room and noticed four staring eyes that obviously belong to the same species, but for us they would be considered just a girl and a dog, to him it was Edward and Ein. Edward a teen genius who can hack into anything that she put her hacking fish to and Ein on the other hand is as equal as a genius as her just in another subject… Mau Jung. To Spike they were exactly the same and even though he would hate to admit it, all he called them was family.

“Spikey- Spike finally wakey-wakey.” Edward stated with her goggles over her eyes.

“Hey Ed.” Spike stated yawning. Ein began to bark loudly. “You too Ein.” Spiked looked down at the two before realizing how alike the two looked. Ed acted like Ein and Ein acted like Ed. He didn’t know how exactly to explain, but he knew if you’ve been with them as long as he has anyone would think that.

“Where’s Jet.” Spike asked looking around the room.

“Making yummy-yummy food.” Edward stated, with another bark from Ein.

“Hmm, I should go check on him.” Spiked turned with a wave but stopped as he felt something wrap around his leg. Looking down irritably he saw the clinging Edward.

“Come on Ed, let go.” Spike asked.

“No, if we do you’ll just leave again.” Edward said biting down on Spike’s leg.

“Ed, I’m just going to the Kitchen.” Spike said looking down pitifully at her and her companion. “I promise that I won’t leave.” Spike said and with a final bite she let go. Spike limped away toward the kitchen the smell of food whisking across his nose. He stood at the door way waiting for his broad friend to acknowledge him.

“Hey, Spike I see your up.” The man stated without turning around.

“Yep, need a little rest. So whatcha making?” He asked leaning against the doorway.

“Bell peppers and beef, without the beef.” He stirred the pan shifting the food in it.

“Why don’t you just say bell peppers instead of bell peppers and beef?” Spike asked irritated.

“If I just say bell peppers it makes it sound plain.” The man turned a little with a smirk on his face.

“Same old Jet.” Spike said aloud to himself.

“Same could be said about you, huh spike?” Jet turned fully to look at Spike.

“Some what.” Spike stated as Jet turned again. “So how’s the arm?”

Jet flexed his metal prosthetic arm, exposing it to Spike. “Pretty good, you know there always gonna be that little stiffness when not taken care of well.’ Jet turned again tending to his food.

“So, have you talked to Faye?” Jet asked still concentrating on what he was doing.

Spike shifted slightly. “She knows I’m alive and well, if that’s what you mean.” Spike stated sarcastically.

“That’s not what I meant Spike.” Jet turned to look at Spike again.

“Well, she’s not in a talkative mood.’ Spike began to look for a cigarette.

“What did you tell her? She wasn’t exactly in the greatest mood when I spoke to her.” Jet turned away looking down at his bell peppers.

“Not much, actually she didn’t let me talk. She just kinda shot in all directions and left.”

Spike still struggled to find what he was looking for.

“She killed again, didn’t she?” Jet asked.

“Well he was a bounty, wasn’t he?’ Spike asked looking up from what he was doing.

“That damn girl is looking to be killed.” Jet stated angrily.

“Why, what’s up with Faye?.” Spike asked his attention dropping down into his pants again.

“This is the seventh bounty she’s killed.” Jet stated. “And for no God damn reason.’ Jet stirred again. “So I guess she took your visit bad.’ He added in.

“You could say that.” Spike stated. “She just shot around, told me I was dead, and walked out.

Jet shrugged “Typical, not that I expected anything less from Faye, but don’t tell me you did?’ Jet asked grabbing a plate and placing the bell peppers in it and handing it to Spike.

“I hate bell peppers.” Spike stated shoving it in his mouth.

Jet smirked before pouring some out for himself. Spike dropped the empty plate on the counter and turned to leave.

“Well thanks for the food old buddy.” Spike said at the doorway.

“Where you goin?” Jet asked concerned.

“To take a nap, I’ve been dead a while now so I guess I should catch up on some sleep.” Spike stated with his signature smirk before leaving the room and heading down the hall.

“I guess old habits die hard.’ Jet stated out loud to himself before gulping down his food. “But then again, some never do.”

 

How did you guys like this chapter? This chapter I wanted to show how Spike interacts with the crew when he comes back. Hope it was good enough. Well see you till the next chapter. Sorry so short but we all know spike isn’t the most social and stick around person in the world.