Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Never Lost, just forgotten ❯ Sister ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She sat up a little leaning against the headboard, her eyes red and swollen from her tears. The sound of the phone disrupted the quiet dark room. She shifted slightly and reached for the phone bringing it to her ear.

“ Faye, I found out where he’s staying at.” A women’s voice stated on the end of the other line. “ He’s on Centennial, Venus’s moon.” Faye stayed silent.

“Be careful, even though he’s just a small time crook it doesn’t mean be careless.” The woman’s voice concerned. “Faye, there’s too much emotion and attachment to this, don’t let it get in the way.” The women sighed “Cause that’s when you get dead, you listening?” She asked harshly.

“Thanks.’ Faye stated blankly.

“Faye, I won’t stop you from doing this, you wouldn’t even if I did.” The woman chuckled a little. ‘I just want you to be careful.”

“Again, thanks.” Faye repeated again.

“What’s wrong, your less talkative then usual?” The woman asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

“My Ghost came back to me.” Faye stated before thanking her again and hanging up.

Faye shifted her legs off the bed and in a sudden move her gun, keys, and herself was out the door. Jumping on to her motorcycle she ripped through the highway and stopped at a pier where several ships were docked. She stood in front of one before her eyes traced over the word “B.e.b.o.p.” She smirked slightly and entered the ship. She walked out into the hall of the ship, the lights dim and nothing seemed to inhabit the empty metal ship. She noticed a movement ahead of her, she strained her eyes a little and saw something running toward her. It was small, with brown and white fur and four legs. She tried to back up but losing her balance she fell back with the animal landing on top of her. She looked up at it as it panted on her stomach, his tongue hanging slightly out. His brown eyes big and his ears stood on end, while his tail waged back and fourth.

“Get off me you dumb dog.” Faye’s voice irritated.

He barked jumping off and stared at her contently.

She stood up off the floor and wiped herself down. “Damn stilettos.” she mumbled, which were interrupted as the sound of a plane and footsteps headed toward her.
“plane?” She questioned herself. She looked down at the dog then down the dark hall. That’s when she saw it, running at full speed with it’s arms at it side and a smile form ear to ear.

“Edward, no, slow down.” Faye yelled frantically. But the girls speed continued. With a hard crash the girl landed on top of Faye. Faye opened her eyes, her vision distorted and her hair had been release by the confining headband and draped over her eyes. She tried to strain her eyes as the vision of another Ein quickly changed back into an Ed. Faye and Ein looked down at her watching her facial expression.

“Is Faye-Faye o.k.?” Edward asked curiously.

Faye tried to sit up, but the weight of the teen sitting on top of her stomach didn’t allow it. She looked at the young girl, Her brown hazel hair untamed and only held back by her goggles. She had matching untamed eyes and her mouth hanged slightly opened with her tongue sticking out.

“Edward, get off me.” Faye stated trying to control her voice,

“Faye-Faye came back to visit.” Ed stated bending down and licking the side of Faye’ cheek like a dog would.

“Get off me you dumb do…” She stopped herself. “You dumb, dumb, huh, forget it.” She said frustrated. “ Let’s just leave it as dog.”

She looked at Ein then over at Ed. “ I guess it’s true what they say, after a while owners really do start looking like there pets.” Faye stood up knocking Ed to the ground with her renewed strength. “Well I need to go, see ya around Ed.” Faye began to walk away when she heard a bark. “You too Ein.” She stated before disappearing down the hall. She noticed a lit room and stopped at the doorway. In the room sat a broad man with a couple of Bonsai trees encircled around himself, he had been working on one.

“Missed Me?” Faye asked with a smirk.

At the sudden interruption his hand missed the intended branch and cut another leaving it uneven.

“Dammit Faye, can’t you be quiet for once?” The man said, trying to fix what she had made him do.

“Why don’t you use tape?” Faye suggested.

“It’s a plant Faye, not your ship.” He declined the offer.

“Jet, that was one time and it was because you wouldn’t add the cup holder to my ship, so I did the next best thing.” Faye informed him.

“The reason I didn’t do it was because you have a habit of getting into problems, so to avoid from anything spilling in the cockpit and messing up your controls I chose not to.” Jet informed her in return.

“You didn’t do it to avoid the extra work.” She stated. “Men are just lazy.” She stated more to herself the Jet.

“So what bring you here?” He asked looking at his trees.

Faye tensed up. “I got a lead on him.” Faye let out softly. Jet looked over at her a little shocked.

“I thought he disappeared?” A little confusion in his voice.

“Well he reappeared.” Faye stated.

“What are you going to do?’ He asked. Faye pulled out her gun and loaded it.

“Put a bullet through his head.” Faye smirked and turned leaving the doorway and walking toward the haul, her gun held loosely.

“Faye wait.” She heard Jet’s voice call her back from the room.

“Yeh Faye, what’s the rush? Scared to see a ghost of something?” She could literally hear the smirk in his voice. He began to walk toward her, dressed in her regular black sweats and his smirk on his face. His hair damp from water as he used the end of the towel that was around his neck to dry it off a little.

“Don’t come any closer.” Faye warned. At that moment Jet appeared from the room that separated the two. Jet and the other man stared at each other for a moment before they heard the hammer of Faye’s gun pull back.

“I’m just here for my Redtail.” Faye stated and she walked towards the hanger.

“Spike, we have a situation.” Jet stated.

“If it’s about Faye, forget it.” Spike let him know. “ As you can see she’s not very happy to see me.”

“Faye’s in over her head, she’s gonna need help on this one.” Jet looked over at Spike who was rummaging through his pants until he found and cigarette and placed it on his lips.

“Faye’s a big girl, and something tells me she would kill me first before she would let me help her.” Spike stated looking for something to light his cancer stick with. A hand came close to his cigarette before he saw a flame light up, a tiny smirk appeared on his face around the cigarette. He leaned in closer letting the flame engulf the tip, before backing away again.

“It was two weeks after you had “died”.” Jet began. “She was still in denial, her drinking had abruptly stopped and so did her gambling.” Jet said.

“Where is this going?” Spike didn’t want to go back to that day after he hurt so many people by leaving especially his family, the Bebop.

“Faye had received a call from Doctor Bracchus.” Jet said.

“The same doctor who had Faye under his care after she had awoken from her cryogenic lab.” Spike let out a breath now a little interested.

“Yup. The one and only.” Jet answered.

“Didn’t he disappear after Faye took Whitney in for the bounty on his head?” Spike asked taking in another puff of his cigarette.

“Yup, he showed up after he found some information that he felt Faye needed to know.” Jet leaned against the wall and closed his eyes.

“What type of information?” Spike asked looking over at Jet.

“”Her family.” Jet answered.

“Shouldn’t they all be dead by now.” Spike asked.

“Yup, most of them died which meant her family line would end with her.” Jet opened one eye and looked over at Spike.

“Family?” Spike questioned.

“Faye did have a family once, Spike.” Jet reassured sarcastically.

“So, what about this family.” Spike exhaled.

“Well, turns out that a couple of years after Faye was frozen one of her family members was also diagnosed with an incurable illness.” Spike closed his eyes again.

“So, in hope to find a cure for it, they were frozen, right?” Spike asked.

“Yep.’ He stated simply.

“So who was it?” Spike inhaled and waited to hear.

“A sister.” Jet stated to specify.

“What’s her name.” Spike asked dropping the cigarette to the ground and stepping on it.

“Alex.” was all Jet said.

“Alex, huh?” Spike stated inhaling again.