Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Still Walking In The Rain ❯ Guns & Roses (1&2) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Still Walking In The Rain
Disclaimer
: I don’t own Cowboy Bebop or any of the characters, or places in it. I only own Press, nothing else
Summary: Spike’s dead. Faye’s avenging him and slowly but surely regaining pieces of her memory. And just when she thinks she might be settled a dead person lives thrice to make things complicated.
A/N: This is my first Bebop fic so be easy on me if it’s horrible! This is after Real Folk Blues. About a month or two. A lot of this fic is memory based. And just so there is no confusion the italics are a past conversation between Press & Faye. And later on they are her thoughts to herself.


---------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
T oo long ago…
You think that way because you have a past,” Faye condescendingly says to Spike who scoffs as a response.
No matter the past, you still have a future,” noting the obvious. He doesn’t.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
Episode One) Guns & Rose’s (Part One)

I love you. Unsure and lacking the confidence she needed in him. He ran long fingers through his dark, curly hair.

“Where’s Rose?” Faye’s voice boomed over the soft spoken monologue of a brunette whose face remained calm and hazel eyes glittered with something other than anger. Her confidence began to wilt and her hand involuntarily began to lower the gun. In realization that she knew the man her face turned even more fierce and as expected his face remained calm and placid.

What do you expect me to say to that. Her voice distressed and fraught with anxiety. He could be a replay of Witney.

“Don’t,” with one risen hand he had called off the guard dogs encircling her. So he was either Rose (the young hotshot that had been running the Red Dragon) or he was someone with enough power to know who Rose was. The room was large. It was large enough to house a huge round table with only ten available seats. To the far back of the room was mounted a tall chair to overlook the table. She swallowed as the lean man stood up. He did have the head chair.

Hmmm, hm, hmm, hm, hmm, hm, hmm, lu-cky-me I’ve found you. He just held tighter despite her not telling him she loved him back.

The thought was that Vicious had an accomplice and since their was no body found just a large pool of blood he had been using Rose to run the Syndicate. It would work perfectly. No one really knew what Rose looked like and the syndicate’s lips were sealed. “Leave us,” he quietly said.

What are you humming. Quiet. Sweetly, he asked. The ice that had frozen around Faye’s heart could be melted with one smooth word from his mouth. A cool smile dancing over his cherry lips. Have you ever seen lips too red?

They did. Beside the occasional murmur and disappointed shakes of heads no one said anything. “So tell me,” he smacked his lips dramatically, “what’s the official body count at the door?” his voice was fluid to Faye’s ears.

Puckered into something too soft? She had.

“Five,” she coldly mumbled.

I dunno. I can’t remember, it’s just always been there, ever since…I woke up.

“Figures,” he snickered.

Are you going to say something Faye?

“Figures,” she mocked. “Yeah, well they should have let me in when I kindly asked the first time,” a smile played briefly over her lips, her gun still aiming pointedly at his heart.

I won’t break your heart…if that’s what you’re asking.



Episode One) Guns & Roses (Part Two)
------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
To Recent yet, To be forgotten

Where are you going? Why are you going? You told me once... that the past didn't matter... You're the one who's tied to their past!”

Look at these eyes. One of them is a fake, because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I have been seeing the past in one eye, and the present in the other. I had believed that what I saw was not all of reality…”

Don't tell me things like that... You never told me anything about yourself! Don't tell me stuff like that now!”

I thought I was watching a dream that I would never awaken from. Before I knew it, the dream was all over.”

My... memory came back.” He actually stopped. He actually cared. I never thought Spike cared. Yes.. It was something of a lie. I could remember little stupid things.

But... nothing good came out of it. There was no place for me to return to... This was the only place I could go back to! But now... Where are you going! Why do you have to go! Are you telling me you're going to just throw your life away!” desperate. No one had ever saw that part of me. No one after him. The brunette hazel-eyed…

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive,” and there he went. My rounds went with him. But I couldn’t… how could I hurt him? Well they always say you hurt the ones you love most… and that’s when I came to the conclusion that… it’s easier not to love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Faye didn’t know how long she had stood there.

For awhile small, mundane, facts had rushed back and sent my mind on a world wind but nothing like seeing him again. He was twenty eight. And me twenty. Well… really seventy four but when it comes to age, I’ve learned to stop counting, I mean, whose to say Witney wasn’t lying about me being twenty either?

I was in a bar, under aged of course. But no one cared anymore, a kid could walk in and would be seated and serviced quickly. But this annoying bar tender did. His smooth smile played me over, maybe more so than the bartender that simply asked me what I wanted after Press had offered some witty remarks about not being able to take me anywhere, which was hard being as we had been married for two months.

Married? Ha! I didn’t care he was nearly ten years older than me though. I had been on my own for a year and a half in this… new world, and despite the occasionally present I thought I could score and then pawn from the frequent older male I had never been with one. Except for Witney I hadn’t been with anyone.

It didn’t matter. First of all I had always felt older than everybody else due to the fact that I was forced to grow up, running from my debt. Besides, all I knew was that I had been sleeping for fifty four years. No, I knew more. It’s hard saying that after so long of not knowing, y’know, just saying you do?

Did I? I don’t know what it’s like to have memories. Well, three years worth of me getting bitten by some old mold (Spike’s fault in the end) or, meeting Vicious (which is a fault in it’s own) or any other idiotic thing you can think of which probably was my own foolhardy self’s fault but had to do with Jet or
Spike in the end sounded better being blamed on them anyways. Then there was that memory. The one I can’t shake. Why’d he go? I don’t know. Maybe he knew me enough to know that I wouldn’t shoot. Maybe he wanted me to shoot.

Press and I rode in silence. It seemed as if I was comfortable with him, somewhat, I still held my gun in my hand firmly.

Faye didn’t know when she had went to her car with him. No one had seen her vulnerable side in so long even she felt weird feeling it. She sighed. Then suddenly she realized something. Rose could possibly be responsible for Spike’s death.That was the whole reason she was there in the first place. Avenging his death. That idiot.

I told him not to leave. I begged. I had never begged to anyone, well at least not that recently. I let him see me. Me! And he left like it was another day of me castigating him and him blowing me off like he could care less, that is after he made some sarcastic remark to retort.

Faye turned to stare out the window, her fingers idly playing in it, outlining every far away structure they passed. If she stared out the window he couldn’t see the tears welling up in her eyes. When was the last time Faye had cried? She had stared into the eyes of Press and tried to explain to him why she had to go. After Spike died. Right afterward. Bebop was just so… empty. Walking back on there was like-

“Are you cold?”

“No,” she quietly said.

Her mind. Barren, blank, and simply empty. That was what Bebop was like. After Red Tail had been fixed it was the same way. With only Jet’s voice playing over the intercom. Only Jet to criticize her reckless decisions.

“Where are we going?” Faye’s voice was hoarse. Press never even looked over at her. Her eyebrows peeked. “Press?” she said a bit her voice ringing through his thoughts.

“Hmm?” he asked, inflicting those innocent eyes on Faye. Green on hazel.

“Where are we going?”

“Amber Hill,” he mumbled. She smiled slightly. He had tamed Faye just like that. But her guardian angel knew all the better. Wild animals can’t be tamed. Cultivated? Yes, maybe, but not tamed.