Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail ❯ Vol 1: Chap 1. Sakura Tenshi ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura Tenshi
Mars 2071, summer. Spike was just returning from turning in a big bounty over to the police and was heading back to Swordfish. This very walk is what started our little adventure.
Spike was almost past this oak tree when someone said, “Excuse me!” Spike stopped short and looked around. No one was in sight.
What the hell?” he thought.
“Excuse me,” it said again. Finally, Spike looked up.
A doll-like creature in the shape of a girl with little white wings was hanging by the collar of her gold and white dress. She had long flowing pinkish strawberry hair to her waist and looked to be in distress.
“Uh… excuse me sir, but I'm a little stuck by my dress and I need some help. Could you get me down from here?” the creature asked. Spike looked lost.
Why the hell is this stuffed doll talking to me for?” he thought. Spike reached forward and touched her dress. The creature herself was lost.
Why didn't this human run away like the others did?” she thought. When the creature had asked for help before, the others would run away in fear.
Suddenly, the creature jerked her head up.
“Uh-oh,” said she. Spike paused.
“What's wrong?” he asked, blandly. Before the creature could answer, a white cat jumped out from the bushes, onto the oak, and attacked her.
“Help!!!” the creature screamed as she kicked and hit at the furry beast. But the cat didn't cease its abuse. The brut would have torn the creature to pieces if Spike hadn't found a stick beaten it senseless. Stunned in defeat, the wounded animal ran off. The bounty hunter turned back to the creature. She was overly grateful.
“Thank you sir!!!” the creature exclaimed. Spike was unenthusiastic.
Snap! The creature paused and looked up. The branch that she was hanging from was breaking off.
“Uh-oh!” said she.
“Now what?” Spike asked.
“It's breaking!” the creature cried. The branch kept breaking until…… SNAP!!! The creature began plummeting down. This looked like the end for her. But… the creature opened her eyes to see a palm. She looked up to see looking down at her. Gratitude filled the creature's eyes.
“Thank you san!” she wailed. Spike was now so far lost.
“Oh,” said the creature. “I'm a tenshi-chi and I'm looking for something.”
“This is nuts.” Spike said at last. “I'm out of here!” Then he let go of the creature, walked over to Swordfish, got in, and flew off.
The next morning, Spike awoke in his room.
“That was some weird dream!” he mumbled out.
“Hey!” a small voice spoke up. Spike froze and looked up.
“Hey!” it called again. A grim notion hit the bounty hunter.
Don't tell me it's….” he thought.
“Hey!” the creature yelled as she popped up in his face. Spike was a little startled. “You again?” he asked.
“Uh-huh.” the creature answered. Spike just sat there and looked at her.
“Anyway,” the creature continued. “Thank you for saving me.”
“Uh….yeah.” said Spike. The creature grinned.
“Oh! Allow me to introduce myself!” she exclaimed. Then the creature put one hand to her chest and the other in the air. Bright lights surrounded her as she changed forms. The creature took form into a lovely tall slender long pink-haired woman. She looked like an angel.
“My name is Sakura,” the woman answered. Spike was just as lost as yesterday.
Okay. I'm still dreaming.” he thought.
“You're not dreaming!” Sakura exclaimed. Spike didn't seem to believe her. “I'm real. I'll show you.” she said. Then Sakura grabbed Spike by the wrist and rubbed his hand against her cheek. Her cheek felt like velvet and rose petals.
“Now do you believe me?” Sakura asked.
Within the hall, Soot was walking to the other side to get something eat. He had past Spike's door when he backed up to see Sakura in the crack of the door.
Hm,” Soot thought. “I thought Spike was nuts about Julia. Hm. Guess he found a new love.” Then he shrugged and walked off.
“Please let me stay,” Sakura pleaded. “I am searching for someone and I just don't know where to start.”
Unable to stand her whining, Spike replied, “All right. Just stop whining.” Sakura was overjoyed.
“Oh thank you sir!” she yelled as she hugged him tight.
“Yeah whatever,” said Spike. Then, he sighed in distress.
See You in Space Tenshi