Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Twins Of Havoc ❯ Chapter 1- The Gemini ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

`Its all just a dream.' Julia's last words left haunted thoughts floating through Spike's head as he ran across the rooftop dodging bullets. The anger and pain building up inside him so much he thought it would tear a hole in his chest and his very being would spill out onto the shillings of the roof. He was still in shock, the resent events gathering together seemed so unreal he felt as if he was in a constant state of unconsciousness, he felt like a killing machine as if he would never again have feeling. Like he was frozen in a chilling world where there was nothing but sadness and misery. Quickly dodging behind a ventelation box a bullet nearly grazed his head. With the pings of bullets flying past and hitting metal he looked back at his pursuers every so often shooting back at them in retaliation. He looked at the ground trembling, it all seemed so unreal. His clothes were bathed in blood, some his, and some his lovers. He looked up at a whistling through the air and froze as a bullet came out of nowhere straight at him. Before he could dodge everything stopped, the bullet a scant inch away from his face. The sound of bullets flying by and ricocheing off of metal stopped, all was silent. He quickly through himself out of the path of the bullet which still continued to hover motionless. He looked around, panicing, expecting his pursuors to be on him, only to be shocked at the sight that everyone was frozen in there last action. He began to shake uncontrollably from both blood loss and fear. He had never been afraid in his life and he didn't want to start now, but was unble to control the feelings tearing through his very soul. He spun around quickly finding there was absolutly no movement anywhere except for his own. He began to calm himself gradually, taking deep breaths untill he heard the soft raping of feet on shingles. He sped around to see movement he had not expected from this entire world of silence. Spike sighed in relief and confusion at the sight of the old fortune teller with long grey hair and unusual indian robes. "Old man bull." He whispered in suprise. "Swimming Bird, when your existence fades the Gemini will be left alone for the Black Crow to devour. You must whitness the Gemini before your great decision is made, for it will determine the future." Spike, confused and unsure of how to react simply stared at the old fortune teller, still breathing deeply and trembling. "I will return for you Swimming bird when you fully understand the rank of your existence for your decision will ripple and effect every part of you and others." His voice became low and inaudible as he began chanting rapidly in a language unknown to Spike,the space around them quickly darkening and the surroundings seemed to shrink. Spike became dizzy and it felt as if he was floating through water. He was so lost in nothingness he didn't have a chance to reply as the world around him faded into an abyss and his surroundings slowly again became clear, but the world he left was not the world he now opened his eyes to. His heart raced as reality hit him and he looked around franticaly. The old man was nowhere to be seen. He got up brushing himself off only to notice his wounds had disapeared and he was no longer bathed in blood. "Just a dream." He whispered, closing his eyes.