Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire's Touch ❯ Chaos at The Moonshine ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi people!!!! Me supersupersupersuper sowy about being soooooo long with this chapter. But I'm trying to get caught up with all of my fics, and will write as much as I can this summer, I swear!!!!!! Also, I just noticed how short my chapys are! So I'll work on that, too.
 
Disclaimer: bleh!! Uh-oh… *runs away from police*
 
--------------------------------------
 
Chapter 5
Chaos at The Moonshine
 
Mitsuru had been washing dishes in the kitchen when Akira left so suddenly. The stupid wolf had also left the oven and one of the stove eyes on. Then, the annoying voice of Nozomu rang through the entire house.
 
`Are they trying to give me a headache?' Mitsuru asked himself as Misoka and Mahiru called out in response. Mitsuru reluctantly made sure they knew he was there too. The tengu's sharp hearing heard Mahiru pad down the stairs to meet the vampire. While he was wondering why the hell he thought of Mahiru so quickly, a timer for the lasagna in the oven went off, and Mitsuru didn't even notice. The water in the pot on the eye was starting the boil too much, steam pouring over its sides. Akira was still in the other room, talking to someone. Mitsuru didn't really care. That was, he didn't care until…
 
Akira was talking to Ashuri and Mahiru in the other room, happily getting to know this knew canine he hoped would be staying. She was calm and gentle, a true smile spread across her face. She was nice to Akira, but that didn't mean she treated him like a kid. She seemed to view him as an equal; when the others sometimes viewed him as a kid. A kid that could cook. Wait…COOK!!!!! Crud, he had left the food cooking in the kitchen!!!!
 
“I'm sorry, but I gotta go check-“ Akira was interrupted by a splat/squish sound from the other room. He winced at that noise, for it sounded too much like his lasagna.
 
“Ow, OW! Hot, HOT HOT!!!!!” Mitsuru yelled from the kitchen. Akira was already shooting for the kitchen, closely followed by Nozomu and Misoka. Mahiru, Ashuri and Briki came after them. What Akira saw made him want to laugh and groan at the same time. In the middle of a lasagna-covered room was Mitsuru, hoping from foot to foot as he tried to save his feet from the boiling water that was leaking onto the ground from the metal pot on the heated eye. Akira's little food timer that was shaped like an apple was still going off, and was completely covered in food gunk. Mitsuru matched the room. He was drenched in hot lasagna. It was mixed in his hair, caked onto his clothes, and it also had gotten onto the dished he had just finished cleaning. He was not going to be a very happy person when he got out of there. Actually, it didn't look like he was very happy now.
 
“AKIRA!!I AM GOING TO SKIN YOU, YOU STUPID MUTT!!!!!!!” Mitsuru started yelling, heading strait for the werewolf in the doorway. Akira turned on his heal and ran like hell. He successfully made it to his bedroom, locking the door behind him and leaning on it as he heard yelling and arguing downstairs. He could completely envision the scene.
 
Downstairs, Ashuri and Briki watched in silence as Nozomu tried to keep the meat-covered boy from leaving the kitchen and tracking lasagna throughout the house. Mahiru told them that the boy was named Mitsuru before trying to calm the screeching tengu. Mitsuru was yelling threats about Akira while Nozomu and Mahiru were telling him that killing the werewolf was not going to help the situation. Misoka had momentarily vanished. What finally shut the tengu up was a mop n his face. Misoka had grabbed the mop from the supply closet and a bucket he had filled with water. He removed the mop a second later. Mitsuru's face was clean, but he was glaring daggers at Misoka. Misoka continued to clean Mitsuru in this way, getting him clean without putting himself in a danger zone. Soon, Mitsuru had lost most of the food from his person and Mahiru escorted him upstairs, making sure he wasn't going to attack Akira when he was out of their sight.
 
“So what exactly happened?” Ashuri asked the remaining two. Misoka shrugged and slipped away as Nozomu explained to them about Mitsuru's temper. Nozomu had already told Misoka about Ashuri and Briki and was going to talk to Oboro and Katsura about the situation. As soon as Nozomu was finished, Oboro and Misoka approached.
 
“Do you think they can stay?” Misoka was asking. Oboro smiled at the two hybrids standing before him. He saw the truth and hidden kindness in Ashuri and the determination and protectiveness in her brother.
 
`I will choose to trust them.' He thought. He said, “They may stay. Nozomu, Misoka, can you get them some rooms.” It was more an order than a question. Nozomu turned to Ashuri as Oboro returned to his quarters.
 
“Come on, let's find you a room.” He said, leading her up one of the spiral staircases to the rooms above as Misoka led Briki behind them. Ashuri got a room that was placed between Akira's and Briki's rooms. Around the corner from Akira's room was Nozomu's. Beside his was the bathroom, and then there was Mahiru's room. Mitsuru's room and Misoka's rooms were like islands, surrounded by empty rooms. Oboro and Katsura had rooms downstairs.
 
Ashuri smiled when she found that her room was deep green, like the fresh pine needles of the forest.
 
`Nozomu' She thought, turning from her new room to the vampire behind her. His eyebrows were raised, a hopeful look on his face. The smile on her face reassured him that he had done well.
 
“Thanks, batboy.” Ashuri said, trying not to look too happy. Nozomu chuckled at her failed attempt. She liked the room. He was glad.
 
“Your welcome. Now, you get settled in while I go ask Akira what we're going to do for supper.” Nozomu said, then walked over to the door beside hers and knocked.
 
“I'm not coming out, Mitsuru will kill me!” Akira's puppy-ish voice came from inside.
 
“HELL YA I WILL!!!” Came from one of the bathrooms across the way. Ashuri watched as Nozomu tried again to coax his friend out.
 
“Mitsuru's in the bathroom at the moment, we need to find out what we're going to do for supper.” Nozomu told the door. The werewolf behind it whimpered.
 
“I dint mean to destroy the food! I really didn't! I was just happy about the visitors!” Akira whimpered. His voice made Ashuri smile. She walked over to stand beside Nozomu. Even from outside she could hear his ears perk at her footsteps.
 
“Apparently were part-time residents now. Me and Briki are here to stay for a while.” She said through the door.
 
`Only part-time?' Nozomu thought, wondering why she had said that.
 
“You have horrible grammar.” Nozomu told her. Ashuri stuck her tongue out at him. Akira popped out of the door and hugged her, grinning happily with his ears as perked as they could be.
 
“Yay!” Akira cheered. Nozomu closed Akira's door and stood in front of it so the boy couldn't escape again. Akira finally stopped hugging her and started to think about the problem at hand. What were they going to do for dinner? Then he had an idea. “If you two help me, I can get the kitchen cleaned up and supper done in about an hour!” Akira said, putting his plan in action (A/N: It's like five-ish). They nodded and followed him as he started down the stairs. Briki was in his room. Mahiru peeked out of her room as they reached the bottom step and asked what they were doing.
 
“Akira has a plan for dinner, wanna help?” Ashuri said, looking up to one of her new friends. Mahiru nodded and quickly joined them in the kitchen. The cleaning of the kitchen began.
 
Akira flew across the floor, mopping up the cooled water and lasagna sauce. Mahiru re-washed the dishes that Mitsuru had washed earlier and Nozomu cleaned the walls with Ashuri. A half-hour later, the room was clean and Akira and Ashuri started to make dinner. Nozomu watched and helped when needed and Mahiru went to check on Mitsuru. Ashuri could already tell that Mahiru liked the boy. Call it women's intuition. Akira started to hum a happy little tune as he cooked. Nozomu joined in as he pulled out another pan Akira had asked for. Even Ashuri hummed as she cooked.
 
As Nozomu hummed, he wondered if Ashuri was helping because she felt guilty or if she really liked cooking. `I bet it's the second one' he thought as he saw her happily using a whisk at top speeds. She knew what she was doing, and she was pretty happy about it. Soon the last timer went off, and Mahiru and Nozomu went to collect everyone. The bar didn't open until eight on weekdays, and it was Tuesday, so they wouldn't get customers for a while. As soon as Mitsuru saw Akira, all hell broke loose. Akira pitched the bowl and ran for it. Nozomu, thinking on his feet, caught the bowl before it crashed. As if on cue, Ashuri went flying after Mitsuru and Akira, hoping to protect her new `little brother'. That made Briki upset. He chased Ashuri, who was trying to get Mitsuru because he was going to beat up Akira for covering him in lasagna and then laughing about it. Akira was just running. Then after Nozomu put the bowl down he tried to catch Akira, but Akira slipped away and Nozomu ended up colliding with Mitsuru and they both went down. Then Ashuri, who couldn't stop herself, tackled Misoka, who was walking down the hall to them with Mahiru. Briki stumbled over a stunned Mahiru and they collapsed onto the rest of the pile. Oboro and Katsura walked in to see a pile of teens struggling against each other.
 
All except Akira, who was sticking his tongue out at Mitsuru.
 
-------------------------------
Kiako's Corner
 
Thank you for reading!!!! Now if you could review…please? Double please? Triple please with a rabid squirrel on top?