Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Ten:

"Where is my father?" Frieza demanded as he looked up and down the less and less crowded street. He stood just outside of the ship, his arms crossed over his chest. Cold had wandered off a while before, having not returned yet from wherever he had gone off to. He had not told any of his companions where he was headed off to, only saying that he wanted to see the rest of the township before they left the planet. It was an easy story to abide by, but not the task of finding his way back to the ship. Even harder still was standing underneath the twin suns, the heat rising up even though it was approaching close to the end of the day on Tatooine.

"He is still in this area, you can be sure of that. If he wanted to find out more about the Jedi, he is making a mistake. The Republic's grasp does not stretch this far into the outer reaches of the galaxy," Siddious replied with even more coldness in his voice. He had his arms clasped behind his back, his black cloak covering his hands almost altogether. The hood that covered his face move slight as a small gust of sandy wind moved past him, but it was not enough to show his face.

"He had better hurry up so that things can start to happen. I want to find those Saiyans and that Council you were babbling about not too long ago," The Icejin snapped, his tail moving impatiently.

"We will get to Courscant as soon as other things start to happen. It would be hard to convince that two of their best Jedi are missing along with one of their Padawans. Jedi, like Sith, are not hard to fool."

"These Padawans; what are they?"

"It is what the Jedi call their apprentices. They train one for years, which depends on how fast they learn and the amount of knowledge they take in. After the training is complete, the Padawans go through a test that will determine if they are ready to become a Jedi Knight. If not, it is back to training."

"I see," Frieza muttered, blinking his ruby red eyes in the sunlight. All around them, people continued to walk past them, not even giving them a second look. Most were of alien origin themselves, not really caring what species Frieza was or why he was on one of the most dangerous planet's in the Outer Rim. Some looked in Frieza's way, not even surprised that someone like him was on a planet like this or why he was standing next to a hooded figure. That was his business and his busing alone. Other's looked in Siddious's way with wondering flares in their eyes, some not even bothering to question who he was or why he was there.

There were few humanoids on the planet that lived on it or anywhere in the Outer Rim and it's territories. Most of the galaxy knew of the dangers of the small band of planets that were primarily controlled by the Hutts, a species which made it their business to know what was going on in everything that they owned. Many space travelers made sure that they bypassed this system altogether, ensuring that they would not run into traps or certain doom that was waiting for unsuspecting pilots.

Frieza bit his lower lip, thinking of how he was going to keep his part of this universe---however big it was outside of this galaxy---under his control. He was going to make sure nothing would happen, especially in the area of having someone trying to kill him. He did not even plan to stay in this place for the rest of his life, eventually moving back over to the other side of the portal. There, the Icejin would see what little of the systems he had once controlled all those years ago were still functional. Those who had wanted him dead had their wish granted twice, but now that he was back, there were things that needed to get done. things that he hadn't thought of in a long time, now coming back in a rush of thoughts.

"Have you heard anything that I have just said?" Siddious asked. Frieza snapped out of his daydream, turning his attention over to the Sith. He did not say anything as a surge of anger went through his body, pulsing at his veins. Siddious did not respond to the surge of power since he apparently could not feel it, like Frieza. That was one of the upsides to this universe. No one could sense power levels being raised nor was there any type of known technology that could show it.

"No, I have not," Frieza said in a semi-pissed off voice, angry that he had been interrupted in his flow of thoughts.

"As I was saying before, I have brought back some of the most powerful beings that has existed in your universe so far. However, I feel like I have passed by something there. Something that is important to what may happen in the future."

"Your point is?"

"This thing may ensure our victory in any battles that are ahead. It is time that I should go back for it and now."

"WHAT?!" Frieza screeched out, flames dancing in his eyes. Siddious turned towards the ship, not even noticing what expression was upon Frieza's face. It was something that wasn't important to him nor something he was going to have to worry about as he walked up the ramp into the ship. "You can't be serious about that."

"That, I am," Was the Sith's last words before he disappeared into the ship.

****

"Is everyone who is going here?" Obi-Wan asked, his arms crossed over his chest and a defiant look on his face. He looked around at the people who had gathered in front of him, his blue eyes seemingly counting those who were standing before him.

"As far as we know, yes," Ki-Adi answered as he stood next to Goku, a thin, forced smile upon his lips. The small band of warriors had gathered outside of Obi-Wan's ship, awaiting to board it so that they could go back into the portal. Even though most had no idea what to expect once they were on the other side, they were going anyways despite the risks that were involved. It was something that they had to do regardless of the dangers. The Earth and all other systems were being threatened again by those that dared to go up against the works of good. It was their destiny to make sure that innocent, fragile lives were protected just like it was the Jedi code to protect their own lives.

"Let's go, then, if everyone is ready to start," Obi-Wan said, turning around to the ship as he started walking towards it, uncrossing his arms.

"Do you have a plan to do anything once we go through the portal?" Vegeta's voice asked irritably from the back of the group. The Jedi stopped walking, his eyes narrowing as he growled something under his breath. He spun around quickly to face them once again as the Saiyan prince pushed his way to the front.

"Why do you care if I do or not?" Obi-Wan retorted back.

"I don't care. I never have and never will. It isn't my universe, so it isn't my problem."

"Then why do you want to know if I have a plan or not?"

"Look, damn it. I know Frieza better then anyone here. If he is loose in your universe, then hell knows what he will do in the time he has in front of him. I wouldn't be that surprised if half of it isn't destroyed by now or at least under his control," Vegeta growled. "The only reason why I want to know is because I want to be the first one to take on Frieza."

"He wouldn't dare do such a thing," Ki-Adi breathed. "It would not be possible in the short amount of time he has to do so, even if you say he is strong enough."

"Frieza moves fast when he wants to. I can't say it more simply then that. I just want to know what you idiotic excuses for fighters plan to do about him once we go onto the other side of the portal," Vegeta quipped quite angrily.

"You want a plan, Vegeta? Fine, I'll give you one," Obi-Wan hissed, clenching his fists together. It was all he could do to keep his anger down and from exploding in front of everyone. "Here you go then. First, we get back into my universe. Next, we will go straight to the Republic capital of Courscant. There, we can tell the Jedi Council what is going on and who is behind all of this. By the time we are finished with everything, your powers should be starting to return to what they are in this universe. Last, we go after Frieza and the rest of them. Happy?"

"What if we cross Frieza's path on the way there? What if he finds us first before we find him?" Krillin asked nervously, glancing around at his friends.

"It is a chance we have to take, Krillin, like all the others we have taken," Goku replied, smiling slightly.

"Now, if there isn't any more questions, we can get this underway," Obi-Wan instructed, once again turning around to the ship. He strode to the ship, not even bothering to look back at them. The rest looked at each other with mild expressions on their faces before following, sealing their fate once again.

****

"Where are you leading me? We have been walking through most of the township by now," Amidala demanded, quickly glancing over her shoulder. She knew Panaka wasn't too far behind, concealing himself in the crowd of people that was still coming and going although there was less then there had been before. This was one of those times that she was glad that he was keeping an eye on her for she didn't know what this creature would do to her if she was actually alone.

"You will see soon," Cold replied nastily, his eyes staring straight ahead. He was starting to get quite annoyed by the female human's bothersome questions that had started several minutes before. That was basically all that came from her lips was questions about the Jedi, which planet he came from, or why he had never visited the planet that was called Naboo. I should have kept my mouth shut and left her there to keep looking, The Icejin thought bitterly.

"Oh," Was all that came from Amidala's lips. At least, all that Cold had bothered to listen to. At that point, he really did not care what the other thought or was trying to tell him about this universe. All he wanted to do was get the trip back to Siddious's trip over with so that he could just get away from her. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Excuse me?" Cold asked, blinking his eyes. He turned his head towards the other, facing a blank space where the woman should have been. He stopped, turning around to see her standing behind him, her arms crossed over her chest. She had a pissed off look on her face as she stared at the one that was standing before her.

"I will take that as a no then."

"If you keep your mouth shut, then I could listen to you better. Do I look like I care what you are talking about?

"You should because it might one day be useful to you."

"Well, I don't. Now, let's go."

"Not until you tell me where the Jedi is. Only then will I go with you."

There was a dead silence between them, Cold beginning to look more uncomfortable then he had been before. He didn't know where these foul creatures were much less able to direct her to where they were at the moment. He had no idea what laid beyond that of this planet nor did he have any knowledge of Tatooine itself. At this point, some of the truth wouldn't hurt her now.

"Like you, I don't know where they are. We both have to find them," He said finally. The young woman looked at him angrily, a pout coming upon her lips.

"Well, that is nice to know now that you have lead me halfway across the township. We shall find them in our own ways then. Good bye to you," Amidala said coolly as she spun around. As she started to walk away, Cold narrowed his eyes at her, anger seeping into his body. At once, he lifted himself off of the ground, flying directly at her at a speed that took no time in reaching her. He picked her up quickly before she could go any further, beginning the accent into the air. "What are you doing? Put me down this instant!"

"No, I won't," Cold said, knowingly flying in the directing he wanted to go in, holding Amidala tightly in his grasp as he soared higher into the air. "Unless you want to die, then you need to stay in my arms."

"Who are you really? You aren't liked anyone else I have met before."

"I told you who I am."

"No, I mean what are you? Why haven't I seen or heard your species before? Nearly all of the planets of this galaxy are in the Senate, and I know I would have seen you there before. Why aren't you in it?"?

"Because...." Cold started, biting his lower lip. He stared straight ahead, the wind whipping at his face. I might as well tell her more now. She already suspects me of being not of this universe or something even far worse, He thought to himself as his tail moved around the queen's stomach, holding her closer to him. ".....my kind do not believe in that kind of order. I am ruler of my people if you want to know."

"As am I, but my home world is part the Republic. If you say that you are the ruler of your planet, where is the lady of the ruler? What about her?" Amidala demanded of him. The Icejin narrowed his eyes more, the anger boiling more and more in his blood. She had finally struck a nerve that had been buried for a long time now; something that he had thought of, but not spoken of, for a while.

"Have a nice trip," Cold said, no emotion in his voice as he removed his tail from around her waist. He then let the girl out of her arms, flying away quickly. He heard Amidala's screams as he bit his lip, still traveling away from her falling body. I can't believe this, He thought to himself as he made a quick U-turn back, not realizing what he was doing.

To Be Continued

Author's Note: The last part of this chapter (the one between Amidala and Cold) actually is one of my more favorite ones. It shows that, although Cold is evil, there is a part of him that knows he couldn't let Amidala die because of a question. : )