Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twelve

Going through the portal once again hadn't been as bad as it was going through it before. The ship was a lot less shaky and didn't rattle those inside as much as it had done going through the other way. There were no reported serious problems, although several devices had lost power, but only for a few moments time. That was to be expected since the portal had a lot of electrical currents running through it. Obi-Wan made a mental note to observe and get more information on this when there was more time to be spared, but right now wasn't that time.

Then there were those that had not gone through the portal the last couple of times. Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha looked sick when the ship had moved through what was thought as the center of the portal, each closing their eyes to keep from falling onto the floor in a dizzy spell. It was all over with as soon as they came out onto the other side, everyone safe and counted for. Even Vegeta looked a little green when he entered the cockpit with the rest of them, although he did not say anything in the matter.

"Nice," Krillin mused once he had overcome the feelings of fainting, staring out of the glass window that sat straight ahead. He was standing by the controls of the ship, between Obi-Wan and Ki-Adi, his eyes wide with wonder. His eyes quickly moved over towards the desert planet of Tatooine before moving over slightly to the twin suns. "It reminds me a lot of our universe in a way. We could very well be in the same universe."

"Except for a few minor details, I would have to agree with you," Obi-Wan replied with a smile, pressing a few buttons from his seat in the co-pilot's chair. He turned his head sharply towards Ki-Adi, who was just staring straight ahead like he was in a trance. "Sensors have another ship inside our reach. Where it is, I don't know. I can feel something is about to happen."

"Straight ahead, Obi-Wan. It is a dark ship that blends in with space, so we can not see it clearly. There is someone dark that is piloting it," He said, his eyes not moving from the same spot. "And I know who it is that is watching us like I am watching him."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Vegeta said heatedly from behind them. "Blast it already and get this over with. Destroy the ship and you could very well destroy them all in the process."

"No, we can't. That would...." Ki-Adi started to say before a blast cut him off, the ship rocking for a moment before coming still once again. Alarms started to go off around the ship, sounding a warning signal out to everyone present. The Jedi quickly made not of all the readings that were simultaneously beeping out what was going in and around the ship. Everything was coming up upon invisible screens; everything except for the damage report, which looked like it had nothing to report from anything outside the ship's exterior. "What does he think he's doing?"

"I don't think we were hit," Goku observed from the back of cockpit. Obi-Wan resisted the urge to roll his eyes, also biting back the urge to scream something out that he knew he would regret later in his life. This has been one hell of a day. I know that, at any moment, I will wake up and everything that has just happened will be just a dream. I will still be in the Theed Castle, going back early to Courscant to get more orders from the Council, He thought to himself as he pushed some more controls as yet another blast went past them.

"What in the hell does this person think he is doing?" The Jedi growled out as he spun around in his chair. He faced those who were in the back, his eyes glowing with repressed anger. "What could he be doing? Doesn't he see us?"

"Well, if you were smart enough to know that the PORTAL is right behind us, then you would think that he is either trying to get someone from our universe or trying to destroy it," Vegeta snapped from the shadows of the back. The alarms died off not long after those words were spoken, everyone now able to hear better although there was a slight ringing in their ears. "This is how he probably got Frieza and his group from the dead. Now he must be going after someone else."

"Great. This is wonderful," Krillin grumbled, looking like he had just been slapped in the face. "I knew it was too good to be true."

"What is?" Ki-Aid asked, tilting his head to the side as he also turned around to face them. "Do you think he might be going after the one you call Cell?"

"No doubt about it," Goku said, sighing. He looked around, a grim look on his face. For the first time, and quite possibly not the last, Obi-Wan felt the fear from everyone in the room. Even Vegeta seemed to be radiating some of it as he stood there in the dark, possibly looking like he was the best thing in the two universes.

"We had better get to the Council as fast as we can. We need to tell them what has happened since we left," Ki-Adi said as he turned back towards the controls and started to move his hands over top the controls in which he steered the ship forwards.

"What about the ship and those that are on it? Aren't you going to stop it?" The irritated voice of Vegeta demanded as Obi-Wan turned around to face the void of space.

"We can't do anything right now, Vegeta. Your powers are useless in this universe, or did you forget already? Besides, I doubt we could do much damage to that ship right now. It outclasses this one by a great deal," Was the Jedi's reply as he kept his back to him.

"I don't need my powers to do damage to him. I have other ways of dealing with my enemy's."

"Whatever you say, Vegeta. If you want to go out and fight whoever is on that ship, with powers perhaps, then go ahead. I won't stop you from getting killed."

"Feh," The Saiyan growled, turning towards the door, which opened quickly to allow him to leave. He left the cockpit in a hurry, probably to do what the Jedi just ordered him to do, but had no means of going across many miles of unbreathable space to get to the other ship. Obi-Wan muttered something out, his hands griping the armrests of the chair he was sitting on.

"Calm yourself, Obi-Wan. Don't let your anger control your words and actions. You know what that leads to," Ki-Adi said in a soft voice as the cockpit doors closed tightly. The other Jedi did not say a word as he stared out of the window, allowing the anger to filter through his body.

"So, how far is it to this Council of yours?" Goku asked as he stepped behind the chairs. The ship was now moving past the other ship, which seemed to be ignoring them as well as it moved much more quickly towards the portal. There was a sinking feeling lingering in everyone's stomach that told them they were making a mistake to allow another person to come through the portal.

"It might take many hours to get there, but it won't be enough to get your powers back. We have to move past several other planets and stuff before we get to Courscant.," Ki-Adi answered, glancing over towards Obi-Wan.

"That long? It would take us a few days to do that if we used a ship, even a Capsule Corp. one," Yamcha commented softly from his position in the cockpit.

"That is the beauty of this universe. We have hyper-speed. Hang on to something if you aren't used to go this fast," Ki-Adi said as he put a hand upon a lever and pulled it down towards the ground. Suddenly, the stars and planets became a blur as the ship shot forwards into space and towards their destination.

****

Cold felt the perfect warmth of Amidala's arms around his neck as he tried not to look at her or tried to think about things he shouldn't be thinking about. He now held her in his arms as he flew towards the spaceport where his son, Siddious, and Ginyu were waiting for him to return. Thoughts rang in his mind, the Icejin trying to push some of them into the back of his mind the best way he could. However, that was hard to do in any case with a woman holding onto him for dear life.

"Why won't you tell me what is wrong with you?" Amidala asked as innocent as possible. He felt her eyes upon him, keeping his own from looking into them. It had been a while since either one had spoken and it was a good thing as well. He probably would have dropped her again and, this time, wouldn't be there to make sure she didn't fall to her death.

"I told you, I don't want to talk about it," Cold replied nastily, the buzz and clamor from the ship's docked ahead coming to his ears. "Besides, we are almost there, and I am sure you will be more interested in what might be going on there."

"I know that, but it would help if you talk about it."

"No, I can't. Like I said countless times before, it is...."

"Do I look like a give a damn?" Amidala cut in quickly.

"Probably not, but still."

After that, they lapsed back into silence, the township below them moving at a slower pace. Cold was moving much slower now since they were coming closer upon their destination, much to his relief. He didn't want to talk about this subject much more and hoped that the young woman would forget about it as soon as they landed upon the ground. He also did not want to talk about such a thing in front of Frieza, since he never knew what had really happened.

"I think I finally know what is wrong with you," She said suddenly. At that moment, Cold looked over at her with some surprise in his eyes. The second that he did, he regretted it. "I know I said something about...her. I am sorry that I brought it up."

"There is no reason why you should be," He said, quickly turning his gaze away. In his mind he was trying to think of excuses to tell her, but anything that he thought of seemed like he was trying to cover up something that he could not cover up any longer. "It was something that couldn't have been prevented. It was nature that took her away, nothing more."

"Tell me. How did it happen?"

"A few days after my youngest son was born. It was hard on her body and she knew that she wouldn't be able to live the same life she had lead before."

"I see," Amidala said softly, now wishing she hadn't pestered him at all.

"The hardest part was after....it happened. It..." The Icejin stopped, taking in a deep breath. He hated talking about this, but he knew that he eventually knew he had to. "Neither could my oldest son. He often blamed my youngest for what had happened, but not directly to him. He doesn't know how exactly it happened, he just knows something did."

"He knows something happened?"

"In a sense, yes."

"Why don't you get everything back to the way it was before? Or, at least, try to get it back as close as you could get it."

"I can't do that. One of the most important things in my life has gone."

"Even though she is gone in body, she is still with you in spirit. Just think about that for a while, then amend things when you go back home. It isn't hard."

Cold didn't say anything as the spaceport came into view, a pondering look crossing his face. It is easy for her to say those things. I doubt she has lost anything to death or anything else. Even so, her words are wise for someone so young, He thought to himself. As soon as he was able to, he lowered himself to the sandy ground, Amidala squeezing his neck even harder then before. It would be a while before she would forget her near-death free-fall.

By the time the two had landed on the ground, Frieza had nearly finished stomping over towards them, Ginyu in tow. His son had a pissed off expression his face as the woman placed her feet onto the sand, her eyes looking at him with interest. Her gaze went back upon Ginyu, who looked right back at her with a light smirk on his lips.

"Where have you been? That...." Frieza started to say before he noticed the look on his father's face. He quickly dropped what he was about to say, his upper lip curling in a snarl before he repeated his question. "where have you been?"

"Somewhere in the township," He replied, the human woman taking her arms from around his neck. At this time, the small Icejin had noticed her and was looking her up and down.

"Who is this?" He asked with a hint of boredom in his voice.

"Padme of the Naboo, I believe."

"Interesting. Where did you find her anyways?" Frieza asked, looking back at his father. Amidala stared at him, her mouth dropping open in horror and disgust.

"Same place that I was at. She is looking for the Jedi as well."

"Really?" Frieza said, his eyes twinkling with renewed interest. He smiled at her, stepping towards the queen. Amidala backed up, her mouth closing as she looked up at Cold with wondering eyes.

"This is my youngest son, Frieza," Cold said, giving her a knowing look.

"Oh," She said, looking from one Icejin to anther. "Why are you three looking for Obi-Wan and Anakin?"

"Because those two are in alliance with several other creatures called Saiyans. I doubt you have heard of them," Frieza said icily, taking a few more steps towards her. "We need to destroy them along with these Jedi."

"What?" Amidala hissed, looking back up at Cold. He looked down at he, his lips in a thin line. "What did they do to you? Why are you going after them?"

"It is hard to explain, Padme," Cold replied as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, someone had better."

"We will soon. We just have to wait for our friend to come back," Frieza grumbled under his breath, his fists tightening into balls.

"Get back?" Cold asked questionably, a hint of confusion in his voice as he looked down at his son then back up to where the ship was. It was then that he noticed that there was nothing there but a blank space where a ship was supposed to be docked at. "Where did he go?"

"Back through that portal. He said something about getting something he forgot."

"Nice. We will just have to wait for him to come back," Cold said impatiently, looking down at Amidala, who was confused and angry at the same time. "I am sorry, Padme. I know you are waiting for information, but our friend has more of it then we can offer you. The best thing I can tell you is to wait a while longer for him to come."

"Why not? I've been doing nothing but for the past few days now," Amidala said under her breath, sighing. She just hoped that this was not a chase that would end up getting her into more trouble then it was worth.

****

It hadn't taken him long to go through the portal and back again once he knew what he was after. Now, Siddious stared at the portal once again from his universe, a smirk hiding from under his hood. A portion of a plan was forming as he started to piece together it inside his mind. I just have to wait a little while longer. I know I had gone back too far, yet it wasn't for the worst. I had not prepared for this, but it will turn out even better then before, He thought bitterly as he heard someone breath behind, like it was just waking up.

He swirled the chair around, his hidden gaze falling onto the small body that was beginning to sit up from the floor. There had to be a point where the Sith had to knock out this creature since it had been such a strain to take him out of his universe. It wasn't much of a blow to the head; just something to allow this thing to be out for not long. The creature was still in a daze as he looked up form under his own hood.

"What the....where am I?" He grumbled, his noticeable eyes glaring up at the other.

"You are on my ship on the other side of this portal. I had the pleasure of taking you from your universe into mine. Don't worry, though. Your absence won't go noticed. I am sure that they won't know the different between you and the droid I put in your place," Siddious replied with a chuckle. "It will act, talk, and do everything you do and will ultimately suffer from the same fate that you would have if I had left you there."

"How....do you know me?"

"I am a Sith. I can easily tell what you have done in the past with ease. Don't think that I don't know what you have done and all of the battles that had taken place. I was prepared just in case."

"Then get me back to Earth. I have a planet to rule!" The small creature jumped up to his feet, a low growl emitting from his lips. He could not have reached past Siddious's waist in height, his teeth baring at the other.

"I could kill you in a moment if I could. Just give me a better reason to do it."

"You couldn't kill me unless you wanted to."

"And why do you say that, small one? I am more powerful then you at this moment," Siddious said, standing up. He easily towered over the creature, who did not back down. "Your powers are useless at this point. That is, for a couple of days at least. At that time, you will have them back once your body has gotten used to the atmosphere of this universe."

"I am not talking about my powers, you idiot," The small being said, crossing his arms over his chest. "I am immortal, so there is no possible way you could kill me."

"Interesting," Siddious said, a smile crossing his hidden face. Suddenly, everything else was coming together even better then before.

To Be Continued