Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ Ideal School ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
EIGHTEEN

 

“Hikkipervert,” accused the younger Yukinoshita on his arrival at school. For once, a day in his own world had shifted into a day in his novel’s world. That meant all the too-cute girls and their extreme personalities.

“Yuki-onna,” I replied with the same level of disrespect. We turned our separate ways and went to class, where I found Yuigahama happily chatting with her obnoxious Riajuu friends and the liar-face Hayama. I’d written him too well, based on several people I actually knew. Same with the loudmouth and his stupid headband… which he wasn’t wearing anymore. He’d gotten a haircut and stared at me in a measured way, finally nodding when he saw me looking back. I nodded. Then I sat in my chair and got settled for the rest of the morning’s lectures. Homeroom was not the usual. Shizuka, our homeroom teacher, bustled in looking… amazing. She was full of energy and smiles. I think she found a boyfriend. Funny thing how taking ten years off her body will offer all sorts of options and appeal to a woman sliding out of her comfort zone for the last 10 years. She even smiled at me, and it wasn’t a grimace of rage.

Lunch eventually arrived and I headed upstairs with Yui, healing her sore back muscles and tightened up those crucial ligaments. She looked happier as we arrived at the club room for lunch. Now that I could see our favorite snow woman, I could also see that my healing a week ago had started her puberty properly, and she was budding out in all sorts of ways. I suspect the sex hormones, which cause those changes, are making her moody and it’s affecting her composure. Did she call me a pervert because she figured out it was me, somehow?

Yui was full of happy noise, like an excited puppy, and hugged Yukino several times, talking about her weekend and all the fun things that will be happening at school. She IS likeable. Finding a husband should be easy, the way she’s so happy. Fixing Yukino’s development issues should also open several paths in life she’d written off out of misery and disappointment. I even saw a little bit of a flush in her cheeks instead of the usual pale porcelain doll look she generally maintained out of practice. She saw me looking at her and looked like she was considering a rebuke but held it back for Yui’s sake. Good. So she can think about others, after all.

I ate my lunch happily, something Komachi made me this morning. She’s such a good sister. I did not exaggerate her personality at all, just made her ahoge a few inches longer. Such a good girl. I sat eating my lunch, grinning to myself at the happiness in the room until the door was slammed open by Hiratsuka sensei.

“Hikigaya, a word if you please,” she requested, gesturing for me to come out. I covered the remains of my lunch and stepped out.

“I know it was you, somehow. I can’t possibly prove it, but it was you that did this to me,” she repeated.

“Hmm? Did what, sensei?” I teased. I looked her up and down and saw her as she’d probably looked when she started college, full of coltish springy energy and bouncing in all sorts of enticing ways.

“Did you do this to me?” she demanded.

“Made you ten years younger? Tightened up, well… everything? Lifted this and that? Tightened your skin and took away worrying wrinkles? Healed your liver and kidneys? Repaired brain damage from alcohol poisoning? Restored your lungs? Could I have done all that?” I asked her, eyebrow raised at the impossible list I shouldn’t have known.

“I haven’t felt this good since college. Men are noticing me again. I am getting dates,” she exclaimed in a barely hushed whisper.

“Good. So things are going well? Any potential husbands?” I asked her. “So many young women in their 20’s throw away good men because they think their golden time will last forever, and all of them who don’t marry by 23 get thrown away instead. It’s like you got a second chance.” I gestured, tossing my empty Max Coffee into a recycle bin outside our door. I think the janitor knew I used this room. Nice of him.

“It’s exactly like that. How did you… no nevermind. Don’t tell me. I don’t know how you did this, but I’m grateful and I won’t waste it. You should have seen Haruno’s face when we were double dating and they called me her kouhai. I didn’t know Haruno could make that expression,” giggled Shizuka.

“I’m glad you’re having fun, sensei. Let me know if you need anything, okay?” I asked her. She smiled and hurried off, leaving me to return to the club room where the girls were sitting back down like they hadn’t been listening at the door.

“Hikki… do you think you could help my Mom out like that?” asked Yuigahama boldly. I cocked an eyebrow and considered. Her mother was a nurse; hard work, long hours on her feet. She probably ached in all sorts of ways. And no husband I was aware of. Probably a young divorce. Yui was a very good girl to think of her mom like that.

“After school I’ll see what I can do,” I offered.

The last two classes were regular education, math and history, and I met up with Yui as class ended. We went to our shoe lockers, changed, and took the bus. I left my bike on the school rack. We went downtown and changed to one for the university hospital, where Nurse Yuigahama worked. Visitor’s passes in hand we ventured through various sick wards where I healed ruined kidneys on dialysis (what is this, the dark ages?) without a word and cured the backache of a guy blocking the hallway. He seemed pretty happy, and we finally maneuvered our way to one of the wards where a nurse who looked 20 years older and a considerably tired version of Yuigahama, only with darker hair. Yui started talking to her mom, introducing me. I cast the spell silently, acting like I was fiddling with my pen over the top of the counter. She was in poor shape. Early onset osteoporosis, Type 2 diabetes, swollen liver, probably hepatitis she hadn’t detected. A quick Cure Disease fixed that ailment and the other two, then I worked on tendons and skin, tightening that up, and finally joint damage that would become arthritis in a few years.

Yui promised she’d run a bath for her mother when she got home, and I offered to cook them some dinners at their place. I contacted Komachi to meet me there with groceries. Even as a middle schooler, she’s a good shopper, and Chiba is a safe city in modern times. Besides, this is a romantic comedy, not some dark and sordid tale.

We finally finished off chatting with her mom and exited the hospital. Yui’s house was in a somewhat cheaper neighborhood than mine, but not terribly different. There were shops on the next street, and I found my sister finishing up her purchases, so helped carry them to Yui’s home. They had geraniums, some glass bell wind chimes, and mail she picked up from the box out front. We entered with her spare key and her dog, Sable, who owed me its life, jumped around happily. She was a long haired daschund, and would require a certain amount of care with a brush and frequent baths to keep from tangling up that hair painfully. A chore that I suspect Yui did, which showed love and affection. She kept impressing me as a kind girl.

Komachi handed me the groceries and started playing with the dog while I organized things, seeing what my sister had in mind. We needed four servings. I began cutting veggies, showing Yui the right way to cut them and how not to lose a finger doing it. I think she was trying hard, but her mother worked too much and her sometimes chubby appearance came from take-out and frozen meals, often high in fat and sodium. I checked her kidney function and healed that a bit. It should help.

Food was eventually ready and I asked about her mom’s arrival time. It would be hours later, so I covered her food and put it in the fridge to cool so it wouldn’t spoil. The three of us ate together, Komachi giving me the eye like she would like a few words after this. We eventually excused ourselves and Yui hugged me against her heavy chest as thanks, then blushed when she realized what she’d just done with a boy she liked. A good girl.

“What was that all about?” asked Komachi, as we walked towards the bus stop. Home was a bit far of a walk so bus it would be.

“We’re in the same club at school. She was our first project, helping her bake cookies.”

“That was the girl who dropped off the fancy candy while you were in the hospital. She said you saved her dog from getting run over. It’s a cute little dog. She’s a nice girl, isn’t she?” Komachi explained.

“Yes, a nice girl,” I agreed.

“If you can teach her to cook she might be a good wife for you,” commented Komachi.

“She’s one strong possibility,” I admitted. “But you need to meet the others.”

“There’s Others?” complained Komachi in shock. The bus came and we got on, using our student cards to pay the fare. We rode to the central station, got off, went to the right bus line and took that one to our neighborhood.

“Well, there’s Yukinoshita Yukino, who is a cool ice-type girl with a sharp wit who likes insulting people to keep them away. Yui has been wrecking her with affection and noise, so that’s fun to see. There’s Yukino’s older sister, who acts like she knows everything and teases everyone around her. There’s several girls in my class I’m not so sure about, including the Yankee with silver hair and smells of tobacco smoke.”

“Ah, that was be Saki. I know her brother. He’s worried about her. She’s been staying out until almost dawn recently and is tired all the time. I was going to request you and your club look into the situation and try and convince her to come home,” Komachi said finally, asking for a favor. I hugged my little sister and told her I’d look into it.

That evening I went online and started visiting scholarship and student grant websites, bookmarking them and then sent the list to my phone so I could send them to my sister, to show to the boy she liked and resolve this without getting to see my girlfriends in cocktail dresses… more’s the pity. I was probably losing relationship points over this event being derailed, and Yukino wouldn’t get to see me looking like the Yakuza Bad Boy she secretly liked so much, but I’ll find another opportunity to show off for her.

Bed was calling, and I answered.