Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ Another hospital ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
TWENTY-ONE

 

I woke in a hospital, but I wasn’t a girl. I was in a chair and my neck was sore. A quick heal fixed that and some back and shoulder aches as well. Misato was in a hospital bed, with an isolation curtain around her. The chart said she’d gotten a large radiation dose and her bone marrow was fried, so she would die when her blood ran out without frequent transfusions of whole blood. Well, I couldn’t have that. Heal Other and Cure Disease were switched back and forth, curing cancer, restoring her eggs, removing mutated cells that would turn into cancer later, brain damage, and general cellular damage that a big dose of radiation would cause. The nurses stayed back, merely watching me work with a hand extended. I noted some cameras. I seems I was placed here intentionally. Well, she’s an entertaining roommate/big sister. So I saved her life for Shinji’s sake. It was a full hour of effort and I was pretty well tapped out for mana by the end. She woke up on the respirator as her blood oxygen levels rose back to normal. The nurses pulled out the intubation hoses and began removing stuff as the doctor ordered.

“So you can heal, huh?” said Genzo, Shinji’s father. I pointed at his gloved hands and zapped them with healing.

“A sea of red goo. I don’t think Mother wanted that for the world. Even the terror of being lonely separate entities is better than melting down into red goo. Leave those terrible ideas to die, and focus on saving the world from invading aliens hiding behind some trash in a stupid book from the most violent region on Earth. If that stuff was at all a useful philosophy they wouldn’t be in constant warfare,” I pointed out. Genzo pulled off his gloves and looked at his hand, clean and unscarred and the fragment of Adam gone for good.

“You keep ruining the scenario, son,” he complained.

“It’s because this ghost knows how it turns out. Red goo. Melting bodies. The whole world a sea of red goo. That’s no kind of existence. That’s how the aliens win, and humanity dies out. We evolved here. The aliens are some remnant of a lost civilization, berzerkers out to destroy all life in the universe, endlessly, because their creators were madmen. Wipe them out without hesitation and get on with rebuilding. Some of these technologies will help. You might as well marry Dr. Akagi, while you’re at it. We need to repopulate the world. I can restore her fertility in a few minutes.”

“What are you, exactly?” he asked me in all seriousness.

“A Japanese high school student from a world with few wars, no aliens, no magic, and lots of entertainment. Your story, this story, was good television and several mediocre movies.” He grimaced at the summary.

Dr. Akagi showed up to examine Misato. I healed her reproductive system, skin, and various bits of her anatomy to make conception easy and restored most of what makes a woman’s youth so appealing to men. She didn’t notice, being distracted by the salvation of her best friend and college drinking buddy, but Gendo did.

“Need anything else?” I asked my host’s father. He shook his head. I took a nap.