Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ Not Getting Away So Easily ( Chapter 25 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
TWENTY-FOUR

 

I awoke in a dusty tent. I heard gunshots. I did not like that, but I headed for where the noise came from, finding big bouncing tits to be a real hindrance to speed. Everywhere was sand. A man the body of this woman was very familiar with was dying on the dunes. There was an enormous six foot tall Christian cross and a lot of discarded handguns lying around. I cast Heal Other immediately and his fading life strengthened suddenly. He took a deep shuddering breath and I worked on his pierced lungs, then damage to her heart and liver. His enemy had done some brutal and fatal damage to him, then left him to expire. Healing him took a while. He’s had a rough life. A lot of bullet wounds and lead poisoning. A fair amount of bad liquor. His liver and kidneys were terrible, but I healed them, and his blood supply was getting a magic boost, but he needed water. When he was able to sit up and stared at me, hands extended he finally spoke.

“What are you doing, Milly?” he asked. I finally finished. “I was dying.”

“You can’t be a good father to our child if you’re dead, Nicholas,” I answered him, using her recent memories and the facts of the matter. This woman had fallen for the fake priest and gunfighter, and fallen hard. Now she was carrying his child.

I went about picking up his collection of pistols and holstering them inside the cross. All of them were empty, of course, and most would need cleaning to remove all the sand from their mechanisms. There was 26 1911 pattern automatics. That made the cross quite heavy. Wolfwoods church was his own invention, as best I could tell on this terrible colony world. The shattered moon above, with the hole drilled through it by the goofy Vash the Stampede, our primary job for the Bernardelli Insurance Company was to follow him and investigate damages. Less than you’d think was his fault, but he also had a tendency to find trouble, all around this desert world.

“I was dying. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Knives killed me, and now I’m back. How did you do that, Milly?” he asked me, coming to terms with his new reality, picking at the smoothed over wounds and wondering about miracles.

“Maybe you’ll be a better priest, now you’ve got something to believe in,” I told him. “C’mon. I was camped with Merrill over this way.”

“Does that mean Vash is here somewhere?” he asked.

“Naturally,” I responded. “And a water barrel.” The state of his clothes were bloody, and the stink was terrible. She would sew them up and patch them as best she could. It was a woman’s duty.

“You better make me an honest woman,” I warned him.

“Sure, just as soon as I find another priest,” he promised.

Eventually, after a cleanup and that sewing, I managed to take a nap and exit this world.