Crossover Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Kannaduko No Miko Fan Fiction ❯ Scarlet Lune ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing.
 
A.N. It's my week away from socialization its all work and sleep for me this week. So thought what the hey. Should keep this story going, since the last chapter is still so fresh in my mind. I was really pleased with Chapter 3 cause I focused more on the senshi, opposed to focusing solely on the two miko. Although, I know I've taken a few liberties with the events during the Silver Millennium, I promise it will work out in the end. And also with Makoto and Ami aware of a past they shared together, although neither are willing to make the first move; really have no idea where I'm going with them, its just I can't leave `em out. And I kept the senshi's past names the same only because I felt it was tedious coming up with different names for everyone. Come now Chikane-chan has three.
 
Last point my over critical brother pointed out. Yes Minako had her own `Tomi grope-fest' but just to clear things up I had no intention of making Rei sound like a flat board. Rei-chan is hot!
 
 
Scarlet Lune
 
Chapter 4
 
 
“Say `Ahh' Rei-chan,” Minako cooed, waving a spoonful of ice cream in front of the distracted miko. As par usual, the par were situated in their `regular' booth at the Crown Fruit Parlour, waiting for the others. Usagi wanted to meet Tomiko, but unfortunately Tomiko had received a rather important call and could not make it. Usually, when neither are running late, whenever the gang decided to meet up, Rei and Mina always met up beforehand to wait together.
 
“No,” was the short and absent reply. To say that the resident miko was merely confused was an understatement. Rei was pensively evaluating her emotions. Never had she felt such ugly emotions towards another person. Especially when the negativity was directed at Tomiko of all people. Seemingly, neither her words, nor actions should invoke Rei as it had. If it hadn't been Tomiko alone who set her emotions ablaze, then it had to be Minako.
 
No, not Minako alone. Minako and Tomiko in close proximity, to each other, with barely a hair strand between them. Minako admiring Tomiko, thinking she's gorgeous. That irked Rei to no end. Why, she didn't want to linger too long. For what she felt for the blonde was definitely fleeting. Besides Tomiko isn't like that and Minako is obviously too boy crazy to even consider… `No impending threat.'
 
Working it out in her mind, Rei concluded, it was just a case of Minako being Minako. It didn't have to make sense all the time just allude awfully close to the truth. The way Rei saw it, as much as she idolized her cousin, the ever present pressure to measure up to `Miya-sama' unconsciously bred an underlying fear, that others will like Tomiko more than her, because Tomiko was the perfect lady. As for Minako, well, Minako was one of the closest people to Rei. A dear friend. A friend Rei didn't want to lose to the Miya-sama craze.
 
Looking up Rei found an unusually quiet, and dejected looking Minako. “What's wrong?” Rei asked, concern washing over her features.
 
“Nothing,” Minako mimicked Rei's earlier response, not meeting the miko's eyes.
 
“Mina…” Still the blonde wouldn't look at her. Guilt began to wash over her. She reached gently taking the blonde's face in her hand, trying to get her to look at her. Minako refused to relent. Rei refused to relent, she won't have Mina angry at her.
 
Rei nearly did not catch Minako's mischievous smirk, but unfortunately she was too slow to defend against Minako's advances. Minako pounced atop of Rei pinning her against the booth.
 
“MINAKO!” Rei exclaimed almost breathlessly.
 
“Now,” Minako cleared her throat. Sheer seriousness etched in her expression. “What's wrong?”
 
“I just asked you that!” Rei grunted, still struggling.
 
“You.”
 
“What?” Rei momentarily forgot to struggle.
 
“You Rei,” Minako answered, her eyes boring into amethyst ones. “You're upset but you're not talking about it. That's fine,” Mina paused again, “But you, you're upset and not talking to me. That's serious Rei. You always talk to me.” Mina brushed a stray lock of hair out of the miko's face.
 
Rei could feel blood flushing to her head, causing a dizzying sensation to over come her as an undeniable blush stained her cheeks. “I…I don't always talk to you Mina,” Rei replied, her voice barely audible. Immediately Rei recognized the hurt that registered in Minako's eyes. “Mina, just get off of me, okay?” Her brain wasn't functioning properly, not with Minako pressed up against her like this.
 
“You're upset with me aren't you?” Mina mumbled finally revoking her gaze away from the amethyst orbs. Trying to figure out what she did to upset Rei so.
 
“What? Mina, no. I'm not angry. Especially not at you. Why would you think that? You're my best friend Minako,” Rei refuted.
 
“It's not just today, Rei,” Minako answered. “You've been avoiding me.”
 
“No I haven't!” Rei exclaimed, it was impossible but some how Minako pressed even closer to her. “This is not avoiding you.”
 
“I only see you when we're with the others,” Minako answered.
 
“The shrine has been busy,” Rei reasoned. It was true. This has been the most time they've spent together since that night.
 
“I use to help you at the shrine,” Minako replied. “What did I do?”
 
“I'm not angry at you!” Rei nearly shrieked.
 
“You sound angry,” Minako pouted, a twinkle returning to her eyes.
 
“Minako, I will be angry at you if you keep saying that I am!” Rei threatened.
 
“So you haven't been angry at me for weeks?” Minako asked.
 
“NO!”
 
“Just today?”
 
“No.”
 
“Oh but you are, I can feel the heat radiating off you,” Minako replied wiggling about. “You're about to pop.”
 
Rei was red. She wasn't seeing red, she was looking red. A tomato would pale in comparison.
 
A thought entered Mina's mind. “You heard me didn't you?”
 
“Hear what? I didn't hear anything! Minako get off. People are staring!” Rei continued to kick her arms and legs.
 
“They were already staring,” Minako casually brushed it off. “You're angry about me and Tomiko right?” Minako asked, amused now.
 
Rei stared at Mina, wondering what the blonde was thinking now.
 
“You're angry because I said Tomiko has bigger boobs than you do,” Minako snickered.
 
Again Rei was red, embarrassed and angry now. “They are not! And I am not! How would you…GAH!”
 
“It's okay Rei-chan. It's okay to say you're cousin has a very impressive rack,” Minako responded, in an understanding and casual tone.
 
“Don't be so crude!” Rei scolded.
 
“But it's true,” Minako laughed. “She could very well rival Mako-chan.”
 
Rei was silent. Unbelievable. One minute Minako was on the verge of tears and Rei was willing to go to the moon and back to make her smile again, the next Minako is her usual bright, happy-go-lucky, casual self again.
 
“Aww Rei-chan don't be sad, I still think you're very hot,” Minako announced, to which Rei's cheeks went from tomato paste to maroon. She felt Minako's hand teasingly brush against her stomach upwards until…
 
“MINAKO!!” Rei wailed.
 
“Hold still, you'll disturb my technique,” Minako chastised, continuing to grope the fidgety miko.
 
“What technique!”
 
“I saw this on TV,” Minako explained. “You massage it daily like this and it'll grow.”
 
“Gah…oh…What were you watching porn?” Rei refuted, biting down on her lips to suppress a gasp.
 
“How'd you know?” Minako asked pausing for a moment, giving Rei the opportunity to break free and reverse their positions. Only now Rei has both Minako's arms pinned down.
 
“You watch porn?” Rei asked, after catching her breath.
 
“Rei no eechi,” Minako mumbled, biting her lips gently and turning her reddening cheeks away from the miko.
 
“I'm the pervert?” Rei exclaimed, her eyes focused on Minako's reddening lips. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears.
 
“AHEM!”
 
Rei shot up and found Usagi, Makoto, and a very red Ami, hovering above them.
 
“This is not what it looks like,” Rei growled at them, still laying on top of her blonde counterpart.
 
“What does this look like?” Makoto asked smugly.
 
“And in public,” Usagi chastised, shaking her head.
 
“Oy!” Rei growled. “I said this isn't what it looks like.”
 
“Rei,” Minako called.
 
Rei looked at the blonde.
 
Minako leaned up, “We can continue this later at your place,” she cooed, intentionally loud enough for the others to hear. “Get off of me love and I don't mean the fun kind of getting off.”
 
Rei looked horrified. She felt Minako's shapely leg caressing her back, which meant they were wrapped around her. Oh the images. In an instant Rei was on the other side of the booth far away from the senshi of love. Her hand clutching her chest, trying to calm her racing heart.
 
The newly arrived trio watched on in interest. While Rei looked horrified Minako looked on in amusement, breaking out in hysterics.
 
 
“Aya Otoha,” Himeko mumbled staring at the name plate that sat on the Hotel Manager's desk, her hands fidgeting in her lap.
 
With much conviction, Himeko had convinced Usagi, Makoto and Ami, that she would prefer to search for a job alone. It was enough that they were providing her with a roof over her head. But Himeko has learned to be independent and do things herself. She wanted to explore the city on her own, promising to meet up with the girls later for the Usagi tour, which consisted of hitting all the major shopping districts and dessert cafes within a twenty mile radius.
 
Though Himeko?s underlying agenda was to seek out Tomi-chan, hoping she'd return to `Rose Garden,' the café they dined together at the previous day. She originally had hoped to apply for a job there and wait for Tomiko to return.
 
Yet things never go as planned. For one she could not find the café. She wandered around the general vicinity but could not spot the Rose Garden., albeit getting lost all together.
 
Lost and carried away by a crowd she ended up at the Mermaid hotel, where they were having massive job interviews. Everything happened so fast, she was handed a form to fill out, told to wait in a line, forced to watch a training video, and now called into a room to be interviewed. The process alone made her head spin.
 
The door slammed. Himeko immediately stiffened, sitting alert and aware. She heard heels clicking and clocking against the expensive marble floors. Her eyes shut tightly, mentally preparing for the interview.
 
“Kurusugawa-san,” a rather peeved voiced called to her.
 
“Yes!” Himeko squeaked, meeting the gaze of her future employer. A blonde dressed in a maid's attire, her hair wavy and curly where Himeko's was straight, her eyes golden brown where Himeko's amethyst.
 
“What makes you think you are capable of succeeding in the service profession?” the interview began immediately.
 
“It seems like a decent profession?” Himeko squeaked.
 
“It is an honourable profession!” the interviewer corrected.
 
“It is an honorable profession,” Himeko repeated.
 
“And why do you think you are suited?”
 
“I am a hard worker,” Himeko answered.
 
“Do you have any prior experience?” the interviewer still with her nose stuck in the application forms Himeko had filled in earlier.
 
“I served at an Inn in Kyoto, did laundry at another inn in Osaka,” Himeko began listen her odd jobs.
 
“No one likes braggers,” the interviewer interrupted. “You've got the experience what about loyalty? Are you loyal to your employer?”
 
“Loyal?”
 
“Yes loyal.”
 
“I'm very competent, and honest if that's what you're asking.” Himeko replied.
 
A few more notes were jotted down as the lady flipped scanned through the application, “You attended Ototachibana?”
 
“Yes.”
 
She looked up at Himeko and the camera hanging off Himeko's neck, recognition struck her. “You! You were the girl who used to wander around the mansion without authorization taking pictures!” This girl use to come to the Himemiya mansion at odd hours of the night just to snap pictures of the mansion.
 
“You're?” Himeko had a better look at the lady. “Otoha-san!” the head maid for the Himemiya mansion back in Mahoroba. Excited to see a familiar face, Himeko embraced the now distraught maid. “What are you doing here?”
 
“I've been promoted, my employers Himemiya-san all thought highly of my dedicated service so requested that I head their hotel operations.” Otoha replied, pulling away from Himeko, her cheeks tinted pink. “I am in charge of the hotel. This is a classy
hotel Kurusugawa! We have very high profile guests coming in and out. I can't have you and your ridiculous contraption of a camera invading their privacy.”
 
Himeko's smile faded. “I understand,” she answered softly turning towards the exit.
 
Otoha mentally cursed herself, and tossed a black and white package towards Himeko, “I'll see you tomorrow, without the camera!”
 
Himeko grinned excitedly, “Thank you Otoha-chan!” Himeko embraced her again.
 
Otoha glared at Himeko. “It's Otoha-san! NEXT!”
 
 
“Eh, so you're saying Luna hasn't come home yet?” Rei asked.
 
Usagi sat in between Rei and Minako, to prevent the miko from strangling her blonde partner. She was blowing bubbles into milkshake.
 
“Not since she jumped Himeko last night,” Usagi answered. “It was as if she was in a trance or something, just staring at Himeko.”
 
“When Mako-chan picked her off of Himeko, Luna just bolted out of the apartment,” Ami added.
 
“Artemis went right after her,” Minako added. “They're probably just off making Diana.” Minako suggested wriggling her eyebrows. “Conducting some kitty loving!”
 
“This Himeko,” Rei began, directing her question towards Minako, “you say you found her alone at the park.”
 
Minako nodded. “I couldn't leave her there all by her lonesome with nowhere to go.”
 
“She seems harmless enough,” Makoto added. “Except when she sleeps,” nudging Ami, who was on her laptop.
 
“It was like I was drawn to her. Like I was supposed to find her, take her home with me and take care of her,” Minako explained.
 
“She's not a stray,” Rei scolded.
 
“Her story checks out as well,” Ami announced, turning the screen towards her friends. “Legit records. She's just an average girl, unfortunate to have lost her parents in a car accident at a young age, then sent to boarding school.” Ami switched to the Toudai admission records.
 
“I don't understand why anyone would play such a mean trick on her having her come out to Tokyo though,” Usagi pondered.
 
“They clearly put a lot of effort into tracking her down to give her the notice. They wanted her here. She clearly got
admitted two years ago on a technicality, and recent activity shows that someone has been sending out numerous letters to her and sticking the bill to the university,” Ami typed at an ungodly speed, cracking codes left and right, gaining access to top secret files.
 
“She said she was on campus last night and someone checked the computers for her,” Minako pointed out.
 
Ami hacked into the security footage of the night before. It skimmed through Himeko laying on a bench staring at the night sky one minute, it blurred for a moment, then it showed Himeko rushing off campus. “That's peculiar.”
 
“Indeed,” spoke an eerie voice, cooing into Ami's ear catching her off guard.
 
“Setsuna-san!” Minako exclaimed pointing at the time senshi incredulously. “When did you get here?” No one had noticed her arrival. They were too entranced by the laptop.
 
“About five minutes ago,” Hotaru answered, who mysteriously appeared sitting beside Usagi, blowing bubbles into her chocolate milk shake.
 
?HOTARU-CHAN!? Usagi jumped.
 
“Good afternoon Usagi-san,” Hotaru greeted politely continuing to implode her chocolate drink.
 
“ I see you've been taking after your Setsuna-mama,” Makoto laughed. “Popping up undetected.”
 
“I do not pop up,” Setsuna refuted, a suppressing her grin.
 
“We appear unnoticed,” Hotaru finished her mama's thought. “Where is your new roommate?” Hotaru asked looking around the café in hopes of spotting the demure blonde.
 
“She's exploring the city at the moment. Looking for a job I presume,” Usagi answered.
 
“Is she a threat?” Rei asked Setsuna. “Luna and Artemis have both gone missing.”
 
“If she was a threat she would not have been allowed anywhere near the princess,? Hotaru responded before Setsuna could, surprising all the senshi.
 
Setsuna cleared her throat, pulling out a dress shaped package.
 
Minako's eyes nearly bugged out. “Is that one of your designs!” she exclaimed, with stars in her eyes.
 
“It iss a simple design,” Setsuna answered, “I was inspired. Although I doubt it will fit any of you.”
 
Both Minako and Usagi pouted.
 
“You made it for Himeko-san?” Ami asked.
 
Setsuna smiled. “She is coming to Michiru's joint concert tonight, is she not?”
 
“Haruka-papa, saw Setsuna-mama working on it, and thought it would fit Himeko-san,” Hotaru answered, “Haruka-papa has a knack at guessing a woman's measurements,” the teenager grinned in her papa's fashion.
 
“Where are Haruka and Michiru?” Usagi asked.
 
“Preparing for the concert,” Hotaru answered. “Michiru-mama and Haruka-papa have a private ritual, where they spend a lot of time before and after a concert together. Haruka-papa says its required to relax Michiru-mama because she is so tensed up the…”
 
Setsuna cleared her throat once more, “Yes. I must be off. Do you mind watching Hotaru?”
 
“I do not need to be watched!” Hotaru frowned.
 
“My mistake, do you mind attending the concert with Hotaru?” Setsuna rephrased herself, to appease the testy teenager. “Please send my regards to Himeko-sama. I do hope she wears this dress well,” Setsuna announced, leaving the dress in the delicate hands of Ami and left through the front door.
 
“Wow…” muttered Minako.
 
“She used the door,” Usagi finished the thought.
 
A few minutes after Setsuna left, the doors chimed again, and in walked Himeko, searching for her roommates.
 
Hotaru noticed her first. She shot up in her seat, her eyes scanning over the blonde. Taking in her appearance and committing it to memory. “Hika…Himeko-san!” Hotaru called aloud signaling the blonde to their table.
 
Himeko approached the table timidly. She was passed due the appointed time. “I'm sorry,” Himeko apologized. “I lost track of time, and I got lost.” In fact, Himeko left the Mermaid hotel, and continued searching for the Rose Garden Café.
 
“How'd the job hunt go?” Makoto asked gently, interrupting Himeko's apologizing rampage.
 
Himeko blushed relieved that they weren't angry, “I got a job. I ran into a friend…” she paused could Otoha-san be considered a friend. They only knew each other in passing, or trespassing. “She's a manager, and she offered me a job.”
 
“Congratulations Himeko-chan!” Minako exclaimed embracing her in a hug. “Himeko! Himeko, this is my Rei-chan!” Minako announced nodding towards the miko.
 
Rei smiled warmly. Sensing no threat or danger from the girl hugging her Minako.
 
“This is Hotaru-chan,” Usagi said introducing the now quiet and timid senshi of silence.
 
“Hi there Hotaru-chan,” Himeko smiled, reaching out to touch her shoulder.
 
~*~
 
“Who is that?” she asked a guard, watching a lonesome girl tread across the garden.
 
“She bare the mark of Saturn. Silence. Death, destruction. Her glaive…”
 
“Rebirth,” another voice interrupted. “Many forget rebirth.”
 
“ Yes, and rebirth,” the guard added, “because of that many fear her. They fear the power she is capable of wielding.”
 
“She looks so sad and alone…”
 
~*~
“To what do I owe the pleasure of having the messengers of the gods come see me?” Hotaru spoke curtly.
 
“We're here to befriend you…”
 
Hotaru looked confused. “I am not young and inexperience like the others, you need not guide me into my powers. Know that if I am called to use my powers all is lost.”
 
“Aren't you lonely?”
 
~*~
 
“Miko-sama! Saturn-sama, she… Saturn'-sama is gone!”
 
“She can't!”
~*~
 
“Hikari…” Hotaru fell to her knees. She arrived too late.
 
The priestess of the sun laid in a pool of her own blood clutching onto the lunar priestess.
 
~*~
 
Himeko felt dizzy. Her grip on Hotaru tightened.
 
“Are you alright Himeko?” Hotaru asked, concerned etched on her young face.
 
Himeko smiled. “I'm fine.”
 
“Maybe we should get you home,” Ami spoke up.
 
“Lets go, Himeko,” Hotaru took Himeko's arm and led her out of the Crown Fruit Parlor, with the rest of the inner senshi in tow.
 
 
Back at the apartment Hotaru went above and beyond to make Hikari comfortable. From fluffing her pillow every five minutes to layering her underneath all the blankets and comforters she can find. Then she dutifully situated herself by Himeko's side and watched television.
 
Amongst themselves the inner senshi were contemplating Hotaru's behaviour.
 
“She's worse than Nurse Minako,” Rei whispered, but was rewarded with a smack on the head.
 
“It's a little strange right?” Makoto asked. “They just met, yet I get this feeling that Hotaru knows Himeko.”
 
“Maybe she takes after her Haruka-papa too,” Minako grinned. “Love, love. She's smitten.”
 
“But what about Chibi-Usa?” Ami asked joining the conversation now.
 
“What about Chibi-Usa?” Usagi, turned away from the cartoons at the mention of her to be daughter.
 
Makoto nodded towards the pair on the couch.
 
Usagi just gazed at them confused.
 
“What is that?” Hotaru asked, regarding Himeko's seashell necklace.
 
Himeko caressed her necklace. “My father gave it to me when I was young. There's this saying about seashells and lovers. There are only two sides to a shell. Two sides that are just right together made for each other. Two shells, that just fit together better than anything else in the world, no other combination could match. It's like with people too. Two people made for each other, perfect for each other. Soul mates.”
 
“Like finding your other half,” Minako piped up, drawn by the passion radiating of Himeko. “Have you found your significant other yet Himeko?”
 
Tomi-chan's face, her smile, her warmth, flashed in Himeko's mind. The pink seashell necklace, so similar to her own, elegantly strung across her neck. Himeko felt her face flush. “I don't know. But she's out there. I have to find her.”
 
“Her?” Usagi repeated.
 
Rei nudged Usagi for being rude.
 
Himeko blushed, “Yes. Ever since my sixteenth birthday. I've dreamt of a girl. Calling to me. Asking me to find her. She's real I know she is. When I'm with her nothing else matters. In my dreams we're in each others' arms, yet something rips her from me, the more I call out the harder it is to hold on…” Himeko wiped her eyes before any tears fall. “Sorry, you must think I'm weird dreaming of girls.” Himeko laughed.
 
“It's not weird at all, I have two mama's and a papa,” Hotaru said, hoping to brighten Himeko's day. `You haven't found her yet?'
 
“Leave it to me!” Minako exclaimed. “I'll find the other half of your shell!”
 
“And what better way, then to pretty yourself up?” Rei announced, remembering the dress Setsuna dropped off earlier.
 
“Let's play dress up!” Minako exclaimed, as she and Usagi charged towards Rei to take the dress.
 
“A dress? For me?” Himeko asked staring at the dressed shaped package that had followed them home.
 
“Papa thinks it should fit you,” Hotaru announced, joining in on the excitement.
 
“Papa?”
 
 
The concert hall had already begun to fill up, as Chiba Mamoru escorted an entourage of gorgeous young women to their seats. Usagi and Rei were bickering as usual over concert etiquette. Usagi had merely suggested that concert halls should serve popcorn like movie theatres.
 
“Rei-chan, I didn't know Miya-sama was going to be playing tonight as well,” Ami pointed out going through the list of performers.
 
“She's doing a duet with Michiru too!” Minako exclaimed.
 
“So that's where she disappeared off to today.”
 
“She's so pretty!” Usagi exclaimed gawking at the program in Mamoru's hands.
 
“You all look beautiful tonight,” Mamoru commented, feeling odd being the only male in an all female group.
 
“I'm so excited!”
 
“Wow!” Himeko murmured watching all the people file into their significant seats, all dressed in their best. She was snapping away on her camera, at strangers and her new friends.
 
The lights began to dim, and the orchestra began the evening, music enveloping the entire auditorium drowning out all other sounds. Midway through the first number Haruka had joined their party.
 
“You look beautiful,” Haruka whispered into Himeko's ear, causing the little blonde to blush.
 
Himeko was dressed in a beautiful red dress, that suited her perfectly. In reminisce of her high school days, a red bow adorned her golden locks. “Thank you. You look dashing Haruka-san, did you get a haircut?”
 
Haruka grinned, “The lady demanded me too,” nodding towards Michiru who appeared on stage with her violin. She looked stunning. Though it confused Himeko, that Haruka would shut her eyes, Hotaru later explained that her papa did that whenever Michiru played to drown out all insignificant sound, to solely focus on the music.
 
Well into Michiru's performance, the soft melodies of a piano began intertwining with the music. Softly mixing the tunes, neither one trying to dominating the other. Just existing. Himeko sought out the piano and pianist, but could not place the sound. The spotlight was still on Michiru.
 
A second spot light appeared on stage and slowly elevating from beneath the stage was the pianist and piano, just as the music died out.
 
Himeko's heart stopped, her eyes bugged out. It was Tomi-chan. Tomi-chan in a gorgeous black dress. Her pale skin glowing.
 
“It's a pleasure to finally meet you Kaioh-san,” Tomiko regarded her fellow performer.
 
“Ah the great Miya-sama, at last,” Michriu replied. “The pleasures all mine. It's rumored you're quite the violist as well.”
 
“It is not a rumor,” Tomiko answered.
 
Michiru pointed out a vacant violin centered on stage. “Will you?”
 
Tomiko smiled and picked up the violin, and began to string beautiful melodies.
 
“Tomi-chan…” Himeko called out softly, feeling the melodies embrace her, engulf her in warmth. She wanted to be closer.
 
Tomiko and Michiru's duet ended too soon, and Michiru gracefully left the stage, and the shared stage soon belonged to only Tomiko. She possessed the stage. All eyes were on her. Even Haruka couldn't peel her eyes of Tomiko playing her piano. At one point Himeko swore Tomiko was scanning the audience looking for someone.
 
“A concert for just you and I, Himeko…”
 
Himeko trembled at the cool breeze brushing over her. Just as Tomiko finished off her last piece Himeko excused herself. She wanted to see Tomiko. Not just see her from afar. She needed to be close to her. She needed to find her.
 
Himeko scanned the lobby, the foyer. She asked an usher where she could go to meet the performers but they refused her access. Not just her a bunch of other girls as well. Girls who held signs that read `We love Miya-sama!'
 
The sound of applauds were soon heard, and the concert goers began flocking out of the auditorium into the lobby. She wandered towards the merchandise booth, and found a CD with a picture of Tomiko on it.
 
“Just between us fans, Miya-sama is holding an autograph session in the left wing,” the merchant informed Himeko. “If you head over now, the line shouldn't be too long. Miya-sama can sign that for you.” He hoped to make a sale.
 
“Miya-sama…” Himeko repeated looking at the CD cover.
 
“You know Miya-sama don't you. She's famous. She's an heiress of the Fukumiya clan, Fukumiya Tomiko. She's not necessarily perusing a career in music, but she is a renowned pianist. I hear this could be her last concert before she calls it quits and concentrates on her studies to inherit the empire.”
 
“Tomi…” Himeko mumbled. She gave the merchant back his CD and headed towards the left wing. She needed to see Tomi-chan again.
 
The line up for the autographs was already ridiculously long. Just as she was getting in line she heard someone call her.
 
“There you are Himeko!” Minako exclaimed, catching up to Himeko, followed by Haruka and the others.
 
“What happened, are you alright?” Hotaru asked.
 
“I…” Himeko felt guilty about causing everyone to worry. She didn't understand her sudden impulse to find Tomiko. To see her. She just needed to.
 
“What are we in line for?” Usagi asked.
 
“You're a fan of Miya-sama?” Haruka asked bemused.
 
“I…” Himeko didn't know what to say.
 
“Come, we'll go see Michiru-mama, and maybe she can introduce you to Miya-sama,” Hotaru announced, happily as she saw Himeko's face brighten.
 
“Really? Can she?” Himeko asked, as Hotaru dragged her towards the stairs leading to the performer's quarters. “I'd like that very much.”
 
Minako nudged Rei, “Should we tell her Miya-sama's your cousin?”
 
“Your what?” Himeko briefly caught a piece of what Minako said when she lost her footing, falling face forward down the stairs. “NO!” she exclaimed, already dreading the taste of carpet in her mouth.
 
Himeko never tasted the carpet. Instead she felt a familiar warmth engulfing her. Her skin tingling.
 
“Are you alright, Himeko?”
 
Himeko gasped, staring up into her savior's face. “Tomi-chan…”
 
Tomiko smiled at the little blonde. Holding her tighter and closer. She received a call from an old family friend today requesting that she play in a charity concert along side Kaioh Michiru. The rest of the day she spent at the Rose Garden Café in hopes of Himeko's return. “I'm glad I found you again, Himeko,” she whispered to the blonde. “Are you unhurt?”
 
Himeko nodded, lost in the concerned sapphire orbs of her Tomi-chan.
 
“So far every time we meet, you wind up in my arms, I hope this continues,” Tomiko teased, delighted by the sight of the blush rising in the little blonde's face.
 

Cliffy…I find this story moving really slowly. I want to jump right in and say action, but I guess this is just my style. Plus I really wanted Tomiko and Himeko to meet up again.
 
Anwho, until next time,
 
Adieu :p
 
Loads Luv

ShyGirl1988