Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ And so It Begins... ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic pt. 5
 
Please note: the characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The Author
 
By the time I saw him, it was too late to veer off course. I landed right in his arms, his grip too tight for me to break. I know this is going to sound pointless, but I struggled in a feudal attempt to evade Kara. He seemed to be losing patience in trying to get into my head, but I wouldn't give in without a fight.
Unfortunately, he managed to get in. It was painless, but it felt like ice. I never liked the cold very much, so I tensed, despite Yomi's tight grip. I hissed through my teeth, trying to resist. Yomi released me. I fell to the ground, focusing all of my energy on getting Kara out of the restricted areas of my mind (a.k.a. all of it). Then, things got ugly. The pain came from within, like an ache, but it was different; it was like someone was breathing fire inside my head. Naturally, I began to sweat. It truly felt like all the fires of Hell had been let loose in my head.
I heard a powerful voice in my head say, Stop resisting, and all pain will cease.
Never. My mental voice fought the urge to give in. It grew stronger, and I could feel Kara's rage forcing his power to swell, and his hold to tighten. I must have cried out in pain, because I then heard a new voice, one I'd never heard. It was cold, sadistic, the voice of an obvious killer.
“What did I miss?” I heard Yomi stiffen again, ever so slightly. Give in, and you'll see him. Kara said again.
I'll die first. I replied. That way, you'd never know. No matter how hard you tried.
Oh, and you think you can last that long? He was challenging me, and I knew that in order to get him out, I had to show him a little something.
Yeah. I do. SPIRIT GUN!!!!!!! That took him by surprise, and rattled him just enough for me to push him out of my head.
“Oh my god,” I said, raising a hand to my head, shaking from the strain and effort of keeping him back.
Kara was against the wall, shaking harder than I was. It looked like he was having a seizure. I laughed. I was so relived that he was gone, and my family was safe…For the most part, anyway…
“She knows… who we are…She knows about Yuusuke…”he said. I stopped laughing. I looked up at the new guy. He wasn't there, although a flash of silver out of the corner of my eye told me who he was. Things got cold again. mental thought: `This is not my day'.
The duelists were readying their decks. Anthony, yet another ally of mine came over to me.
“You okay?” He said, “Hey, check out these cool new duel disks we get if we enter the Tournament!”
“Yeah. Well, I hope you are as good as you think you are, because it's all a set-up. You'd have to win the whole thing…” I said, but he was no longer listening. I grabbed his shirt and practically screamed, “Alright you little idiot, listen to me with those defective ears of yours for a minute. The whole thing's a set-up, and you have to win the whole thing in order to survive!” I said.
“Yeah, sure Alex. I -“
“Don't call me that! Call me by my nickname.” I cut him off.
“Thunder, right? O-kay…” he said, treating me like I was going insane.
“Don't sound like you think I'm going insane. No, it's not that bad. But you do know that I'm still crazy, right?” I said, now trying to make it look like I had him fooled all along. He laughed, thinking that it was another of my jokes.
“You and your jokes.” He said in between gasps for breath.
“Yeah, me and my jokes.” I said sadly, silently sending mental farewells to his soul.
“So, you gonna enter?” He asked.
“I don't think so. No, not this time.” I said, trying desperately to come up with an excuse, but I didn't need one; he had probably sensed that I was uneasy about the Tournament. I was glad for that, but I had to make sure that Hector didn't enter; he was such a strong duelist, I couldn't let Dartz have his soul, no matter the cost (Yes, I'm admitting it, he's almost better at something than I am; but he'll never know that.). I had to stop him.
I found him about to write his name down.
“Hey, Hector!! Hold it!” I yelled to him. He turned to look at me. “You're not entering the Duelist Tournament, are you?” I asked.
“No. I wouldn't stand a chance against those professionals.” He replied. mental thought: `Hallelujah'.
“Then you're entering the Martial Arts Tournament?” I asked, “cause you know I'm gonna beat you to a pulp.” I teased.
“Oh, come on. Just because you can catch me off-guard and counter my attacks, doesn't mean you can beat me when I'm expecting it.” He said, attempting to counter.
“Just sign your name and we'll see.” I said. mental thought: `Dude, I live to come up with counters. It's what I do, and I'm very good at it thank you'.
Afterwards, Jin and Touya signed up. Then, I watched as a short kid with hair sticking up like it had never known a brush signed his name, and a guy in a mask after him. Both right-handed. That would give me an edge since I was a lefty. I turned and felt a slight breeze as something rushed by me; this time I saw a flash of gold and felt something stuffed into my pocket. I pulled it out, a note.
“Where'd you get that?” Hector asked, a note of jealousy creeping into his voice.
“What's it to you? It's not like you're my boyfriend or anything.” I teased. He blushed pink.
Anyway, I read the note. It was nice handwriting, but it was that of which I'd never seen before. It said:
Thunder,
You probably have no idea who I am, but I hear you're entering the M.A.T. Before you judge me, I'll say this: I hope you know what you're getting yourself into, because this is serious. You will probably die. Anyway, I'll be going up against you first, and because you are not only female, but also human, I will not use any spirit or demon attacks on you. You have my word on that.
Sooner or later,
Your First Opponent
 
That little `not only a female' part, offended me. What was that supposed to mean? That I was weak?
“Uh!” I scoffed in anger. He'd pay for that little comment, and besides, never trust a thief, right?
 
 
 
 
To be continued…