Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Preliminary Rounds of the Duelist Tournament Begin! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic pt. 6
 
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The Author
 
“What's wrong?” Hector asked, as I fumed at the note.
“Nothing. This person just thinks that he can say whatever he wants.” I said through clenched teeth. I kept staring at the note. Mental thought: `Fine then. I'll just let him underestimate me. It'll be his own fault when he loses.'
That thought consoled me, and I smiled. I couldn't wait. Now I knew whom I would be fighting, and I could come up with a whole bunch of counters, while all he really knew about me was the fact that I was a female human. I wasn't afraid, but I knew better than to underestimate him. Even without his Spirit attacks and Demon attacks, he was an expert strategist, and could give his opponent a very difficult time if he wanted to; but I had another edge: I could psyche him out with his past, if I had to.
“What are you so happy for?” Bakken said, interrupting my thoughts. “Yomi told me you were going up against one of the strongest fighters in the first round.”
“I know. I'm just surprised that he thinks that he stands a chance against me.” I replied.
“'Thinks'? He's going to win!” He said, amazed at my confidence.
“I wouldn't place any bets if I were you. I'm pleased for the challenge anyway.” I said, ripping the note into identical pieces and throwing them away. If anyone were to find out about it, we could both be disqualified.
 
**The Next Day**
 
The Duelist Tournament Preliminary Rounds were beginning, and I clutched my deck in my right hand, just in case I needed to use it. Who knew what was in store, aside from Dartz, Raphael, Alister, Valon, Mai, all the demons, possibly Anthony, and myself? I saw Dartz on the other side of the field, staring at my deck like he wanted to look at it. I merely tightened my grip on it. If I could help it, he would not get a hold of the Sphinxes. Not as long as I was alive… “You will probably die…” I shuddered. Although I knew that he was probably just trying to scare me, deep down I knew it was working. I saw Anthony step up, and then I saw Alister come forward. Mental thought: `Oh, God, please no. Don't let either lose. Let it end in a draw. Please.'
Although I knew Anthony didn't stand a chance as long as Alister wielded the Seal, I prayed for his soul's sake. The duel began, and Anthony went first, gaining an advantage. It wouldn't last very long, so I hoped he had a good opening hand and a strategy forming in his head. He had a strong poker face, so he could last for a little while, at least. Alister summoned a toon monster, and I knew he was insulting Anthony by not giving his best and placing no cards facedown. I began to hate him, and now knew how Seto Kaiba had felt; but I knew better than to interfere.
I just sat there, waiting for the right moment, but it never came, and Anthony went down; the last thing he did, was look at me as if he now understood why I hadn't wanted him to duel, and that it hadn't been a joke. His face told me that it wasn't my fault, only his own. I looked down sadly and went to my little place to sulk (a.k.a. the roof), but I found something already there; it was a duel disk. A piece of paper was taped to it.
“What, is today `Page Thunder Until Nightfall Day' or something?” I read the note, and fury welled up inside me. It read:
Alex,
Don't hate me for this, but I entered you in the Duelist Tournament. You shouldn't allow your talent to go to waste, and besides, that guy named Dartz gave you a special card! Anyway, please forgive me if you really don't want to. Oh yeah, and according to the rules, you can't forfeit before the duel starts.
I'll be watching,
Kadamnia
(FYI: Kadamnia is Jasmine's `code name')
She had been right to page me like this; if she had told me personally, I'd have wrung her neck. She was lucky she knew me well enough to stay away when I was angry.
I picked up the disk and looked at the so-called “special” card. I dropped it as if I'd been burned; it was the card…the Seal of Orechalcos. It was blank, but it was green, a magic card. I knew Dartz was expecting me to show up, puzzled by his gift, but no, I would never play it; never join his “Doom Team”… Never…
I picked it up again, and decided that I would keep it in a safe, far away from civilization. Hopefully, when I didn't ask, Dartz would take a hint, and leave me alone. But, little did I know; that that was exactly what he'd hoped I would think…
 
 
 
To be continued…