Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ First Duel! ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
I ran to the cafeteria just in time.
“Sorry I'm late.” I said as I skidded into the room.
“You're not late. In fact, you're right on time.” Dartz said, standing in front of the cleared area for our duel. Apparently, he would be judging the match. Youko, the masked guy, Hiei, Raphael, Valon, and Alister were watching. The kid across from me was one of the kids I'd dueled with a lot before the Tournament. He smiled slightly, and so did I.
“May the best duelist win!” he called.
“I intend to.” I replied. The duel began, and we drew our cards.
“Ladies first.” He taunted.
“Then go. I don't have all day.” He drew his first card, and smirked.
“I place one card face-down, and summon a card in defense-mode.” This kid didn't have very many effect cards like my deck, but he had lots of magic cards and trap cards to make up for that. His deck was a stall deck. Best to play it safe for now. I drew.
“I place one card face-down, and summon this card in defense-mode. Go on.” I said. We were only allowed to summon one card per turn in the old games, and that's how I was going to play. He drew again.
“I place one card face-down. That ends it.” He looked smug, so I decided to use my one advantage.
“I summon another monster in defense-mode. Then I'll flip-summon—“
“Not so fast! You've activated my Trap Hole!”
“Yes, but that back-fires, since my Medusa Worm has only 500 attack points. What a waste.” I said as his defense monster(Flame Manipulator) and his trap card went to the Graveyard.
“Then, I'll switch Medusa Worm back into face-down defense-position, since its special-ability allows me to do so.” I said, and ended my turn. He summoned Baby Dragon in defense-mode, and placed one card face-down. He ended his turn. I drew again, and placed two cards face-down. Then I ended my turn. I wanted to draw this out a little bit. He summoned another monster in defense-mode, activated Shield and Sword, and ended his turn.
“I flip-summon Medusa Worm and Swarm of Scarabs!” I cried, praying that he didn't have another Trap Hole…
“I activate my second Trap Hole, and use it on your Swarm of Scarabs! And thanks to my magic card, it works!”
“Nice work.” I said as my Swarm was sent to the Graveyard. “But your Baby Dragon still goes! And I switch Medusa Worm back into face-down Defense-mode, naturally.”
“I revive Baby Dragon, and my Flame Manipulator with two different Monster Reborns!” he called. Now he had no magic or trap cards on the field. I wondered what he was up to. “Then I'll activate the trap card: Pyramid of Light!” Mental thought: `Oh no! He's going to summon the Sphinxes!' “Your turn!” He yelled. I drew. Andro Sphinx.
“I activate Scapegoat! That gives me five monsters! Then, I'll sacrifice three! In order to summon Andro Sphinx! Then I'll flip-summon Medusa Worm and destroy your face-down card! Prepare to meet your end!” I cried. His face-down card had been Time Wizard; lucky I destroyed it. “Your move.” He summoned another monster, and sacrificed all three again to summon Sphinx Taleia. Their strengths were reversed. Hers: atk:2500 def:3000 His: atk:3000 def:2500 I could only pray that he didn't have another Shield and Sword magic card. I didn't want to play one of the other cards I had on her.
“I activate Shield and Sword!”
“And to counter I play the Mask of the Accursed!” I reply, revealing the magic card. He didn't look happy. This would cost him Lifepoints, which either of us had yet to lose. He ended his turn, and I drew once again. I smirked triumphantly.
“Oh yeah! Amazon Archer!” I played it in Attack-mode. “I sacrifice the last scapegoat and my Medusa Worm to activate her special ability! And along with my magic card, that puts you at 2300. But then I'll attack your Sphinx since Shield and Sword has expired, and attack you directly with Amazon Archer, putting you at your last 900! I'll summon one more monster in face-down defense-mode, and that'll end my turn.” He drew, and summoned Darkfire Soldier #1, destroying my Archer. That put me at 3700, since she was in attack-mode. He ended his turn after that, knowing somehow that he was going to lose. I drew, and was about to finish it when Dartz stopped me.
“Wait. How about we raise the stakes a bit? We'll place the Seal on his side and see if Zack here can make a comeback.” He proposed. I knew Zack(the kid) wasn't that stupid. He was one of the few who knew more about Dartz than me. We exchanged glances, and we each shook our head in turn.
“No, thanks.” He said, and I continued with my finishing move.
“I flip Hiita the Fire Charmer, and use her to take control of your Darkfire Soldier! Then, I`ll use him to destroy what's left of your Lifepoints!” I shouted, ending the duel. “Nice try, Dartz.” I added to him. Zack showed his hand, and I showed mine, following our tradition. I also showed my face-down card(DNA Surgery), and we left. He didn't even notice the stares and glares we were receiving from the `Doom Team'. I turned around and gave them a `be-da' look(a.k.a. pulling down my eyelid and sticking my tongue out at them). Then I waved to the other two(not to Youko), turned, and walked away with Zack. We spent the rest of the day talking and watching the preliminaries for the M.A. Tourney. The masked person took down their human opponent with ease, and as I heard the announcer(Koto had arrived) announce the winner's name, I nearly choked on my drink. Mukuro was their name. I stared after her. Remember that Makai History lesson I gave you a while back? That's Mukuro-sama: one of the strongest and most beautiful fighters that I've ever seen. She ruled 2/3 of Makai before the Tournament, and had an alliance with Raizen (unofficially, of course. That would've caused Yomi to attack and start a war. Even with their combined strengths, they still would have probably lost.).
She had been abandoned when she was an infant and a slave-trader had taken her in. He raped her countless times and would cut her on her birthday. This continued until she was eight. That was when she finally got fed up and poured acid over the right side of her body, disfiguring her. This hadn't fazed her master/father, and he threw her out just as if she were an object. But she got stronger and eventually captured that jerk! She now spends her spare time torturing him.
Anyway, as she walked away, she looked back at me. ^I'll expect you to do better than that boy.^ A mental voice said in my head(Hey, that rhymes). I nodded and saluted, showing that I would give her my all. She nodded in understanding, and walked out with Hiei.
**Next Day**
Today was the day. The day I fought Youko. *Mental Thought:* `Okay, I can do this. I can fight Youko with my deck and not lose…. I hope…'
“Please step into the ring.” Koto said. The matches for the Martial Arts Tournament were being held on the football field; a white line marked the boundaries. I stretched, wanting to be loose when I fought Youko; I was going to need speed if I wanted to live. He was fast, strong, and smart, and that's not a happy combination. Several of my bones popped as I slid into the Chinese splits(splits sideways), and I realized how long it had been since I'd stretched. Hiei, Mukuro, and Yomi were watching from a `safe' distance, along with Youko's fanclub and mine. Jasmine, Zack, and Hector cheered for me with a poster that read `Go Thunder!' with a storm cloud, lightning, and a picture of Raizen pasted to it. I put my duel disk on, though I wasn't planning on depending on it too much. I waved to them(mine was made up mostly of boys), yelling at them not to run away when things got rough, and stepped into the ring, ready to meet Youko. As he walked by his fanclub(made up completely of girls), he threw a rose to the crowd. I rolled my eyes as the girls squealed, jumping and fighting for it. I looked down and shook my head.
“They're embarrassing, really.” I said. A chant had started, and I looked up. Youko was still walking towards the ring, taking his time. The girls behind him held up a couple of signs `Y-O-U-K-O' it said. There was a letter on each sign, and one girl to each. Then, my fanclub did something dangerously funny. They held up five signs that read `S-U-C-K-S'. So altogether it read `Youko sucks'. I stifled a laugh, putting my hand over my mouth. Shura, who had just joined the group fell over laughing, then whispered something in his dad's ear. Yomi tried hard not to laugh, and smiled. I broke down laughing, rolling on the ground, clutching my sides. Youko turned around, but my fanclub held up two more and turned the other five around so Youko wouldn't see(It now read T-H-U-N-D-E-R). I stopped laughing and rose to my feet, dusting myself off.
“Sorry `bout that. I just had the funniest thought.” I said.
“Oh, and what was that?”
“Me yelling `SIT!', and you falling flat on your face like Inuyasha.” I replied, not wanting to tell him the truth. He grimaced and took a battle stance. After putting my cards in, I took a stance that looked like I was ready to draw a card. Why not pretend that I was going to fight with cards? My stone began glowing softly.
“You know, I'm not expecting you to keep your promise, so go ahead and use all the tricks you want. I'll be ready.” He smirked at that.
“Begin!” Koto yelled into her microphone.
 
 
 
To be continued…