Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Youko vs. Thunder! LET'S GO!!!!!! ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic pt. 9
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
Youko cast a smoke-screen, and I looked at the first card I drew. It was Big Eye.
“I summon you.” I whispered, placing him in defense-mode and checking the top five cards of my deck(That's his Special Ability). I summoned Yomi Ship in defense-mode too, and heard the cracking of a whip. My Big Eye groaned and was destroyed. I then placed Spirit of The Harp in Defense-mode, and Princess of Tsurugi, too. He got the princess, but I sacrificed the other two to summon…
“Behold, Youko. The Red Eyes Black Dragon!” I cried. The huge dragon emerged. It flapped its wings with such force, that the smoke-screen disappeared. I played Change of Heart to capture the Rose Whip, and hid it, for the time being. Youko appeared in front of me and my dragon, a look of fury in his eyes.
“Hey, fox-boy. Like my new pet? His name's Red Eyes, for obvious reasons.” I taunted him, even though I knew it was dangerous. I gave a silent order, making my stone glow brighter while Red Eyes attacked. Youko barely dodged, but still escaped with an injury to his right arm. I drew the next card just for kicks as Youko summoned so many plants, the ring looked like jungle. The card was Just Deserts, the perfect card for taking him down. I activated it, and he cried out, apparently in pain. Taking advantage of this, I attacked with Red Eyes again, destroying all of his plants. Drawing four more cards, I looked at Youko. He wasn't too happy about being bested by a girl; and a human girl no less! He got his Rose Whip back, and started to defend himself. I drew, and looked down at my ultimate favorite card.
“Prepare yourself. I summon Raging Flame Sprite! Go, my love. Attack him directly!” I yelled. She did so, but Youko was hardly in pain.
“Was that supposed to hurt?” he taunted me.
“Not yet, but this will sting a bit more.” She attacked again. Youko seemed like he was nearing the end. He staggered. *Mental thought*:`I'd betterendthis quickly, or he'll think up a strategy.'
“Now, then. Red Eyes Black Dragon, attack!” I yelled, pointing at Youko. He dodged, but fell. Wait.I mentally ordered my monster; but that didn't seem right. Youko wouldn't just fall like that….He's trying to buy time!
“Oh, no you don't!” I said, ditching my disk by throwing it out of the ring to my fanclub. I charged and delivered an uppercut to his chin that sent him right out of the ring and back several feet.
“He's down and out of the ring! Naturally I'll take a ten-count.” *Mental thought*:`Stay down, please stay down. I don't want to kill you…'
“…1…” He moved.
“…2…” He managed to get on all fours.
“…3…” He kneeled, and strained on his knee for support so he could get up.
“…4…” He began to rise, trembling.
“…5…” He was on his feet, looking determined.
“…6…” He started back for the ring, slowly, but going faster and faster as he went. I braced and prepared to fight.
“…7…” He was going to kill me. I knew this, and yet I did not move. I watched him closely.
“…8…” He destroyed my monsters, and I winced in pain. All monsters are linked to their `masters', so it hurts us when they're destroyed.
“…9…” He jumped into the ring, causing Koto to discontinue her count. I held my stance, waiting for him on the other side of the ring. His plants died, and he took a fighting stance. This confused me.
“I invited you to use all the tricks you wanted, and you're going to fight me hand-to-hand?” I asked. He didn't reply, but began to circle. I followed his lead, circling left. He checked, I stepped back(or jumped/stepped. Hey, I can't help it if I forgot what it was called! >.<). I checked, he did the same thing I did before. We were circling, neither one attacking; I began to grow bored, but knew better than to attack.
“Getting bored, Love?” he asked
“Not in the least, Fuzzy.” I replied coolly.
“'Fuzzy'?”
“'Love'?” We remained silent for a while, and I entertained myself by finding his weak spots, where he was open. None. I guarded my own vulnerable parts at that point, not wanting to drop my guard. He lunged at me, his sudden movement taking me by surprise and giving me almost no time to block. I sidestepped just in time to hit his foot with my left fist, knocking it upwards and sending him spinning. He landed at the edge of the ring, and jumped back. I dodged just as he aimed a kick as a make-up since he missed, and took a lower stance. I knew he wasn't giving his all, but then again, I wasn't either. We kept at it the same way for a while, until I decided to try something different. He attacked again, but this time I didn't dodge. Instead, I caught his fist and weight; then I pushed him backwards and across the ring. I lunged forward, and punched him as he got up. He flew backwards and out of the ring. Koto started to count, but Youko practically flew back to the ring. He landed on top of me, picked me up and threw me out of the ring like a toy. I hit the fence with my feet, but twisted my ankle in doing so. I cringed and fell, not even breaking my fall. I hissed through my teeth, not wanting to lose, but not wanting to injure myself anymore than necessary. I had a choice to make. Stay and fight, but stay on crutches and probably lose the next one, or surrender and suffer the taunting of Youko's stupid fanclub and Bakken. I closed my eyes. *Mental thought*: `This is gonna hurt.'
“…5…” Koto shouted.
“Save your breath, Koto. I can't fight anymore.” I called to her. I did a little bow, spreading my arms out to show I was beaten, to Youko. The fanclub cheered.
“Giving in?”
“Even if you can't win, you can go with grace.” I replied. He nodded in understanding, and I looked at Mukuro.
“Gomen, Mukuro-sama.” I said apologetically. She nodded in understanding.
“You couldn't have won.”
“At least I got to hit `im a couple of times.” I said, shrugging. Youko's fanclub jeered at me. I called Jasmine.
“Yo, Kada. Can I have my duel disk back?” She handed it to me.
“Red Eyes Black Dragon!” my fanclub and I yelled together, shutting Youko's up.
“That's right, girls. I may have lost the battle, but I can still beat you guys up.” I said, causing them to tremble.
“I thought it was, `lost the battle, but won the war'.” Jasmine said to me.
“The war isn't over yet.” I replied, looking at Youko, who was now walking over to us.
“You should get that ankle ready for your next fight.” he said, before leaving.
“ `Next fight'?”
“Just because you lost, doesn't mean you're knocked out. People can still duel you to see if you're worthy of staying.”
“Duel like Duel Monsters?”
“No, fight. Bakken will be your opponent.”
“Ooh. Never mind, Mukuro-sama. I'll see you in the ring.” I said before limping away, leaning heavily on Kada.
It was a bad sprain, and the nurse insisted that I stay on crutches for a couple of weeks or so. I sighed and leaned back on the pillow. I looked around the nurse's office, bouncing on the bed a little out of boredom.
“Not fair. The nurse won't let me out of her sight, let alone out to the ring. I don't even know when my next fight is, or my next duel.” I said unhappily.
“That's what happens when you fight so much.” The nurse said, coming in. I gave a `be-da' look to her back, and folded my arms across my chest, sulking. I closed my eyes, focusing on healing instead of my rant. Someone walked into the room, and I opened my right eye. Dartz. *Mental thought*: `Great. He's gonna get me while I'm vulnerable. Brilliant.' He walked over to the bed, and sat in the chair. I opened the other eye, and stared at him coldly. He placed something on the table next to me. It was an aqua stone framed with bronze. I tensed, my eyes widening. I inched away until I was on the other side of the bed.
“This stone can heal your ankle.”
“What makes you think I care?”
“You don't want Zack to lose his soul, do you?” He asked, and I got the message. I put a hand on my stone, rubbing it gently and looking for comfort. I thought about Anthony, and how I didn't want anyone to lose their souls, but I didn't want to lose my own. I sighed at the huge decision.
“Fine.” I said, reaching for the necklace. It wasn't even hard to grasp. My stone, which had been glowing brightly ever since Dartz came into the room, stopped. I looked down at it, and touched it, but instead of being warm like it used to be, it was cold, a piece of ice that reached down and chilled my heart. I put the aqua stone around my neck, and immediately felt like I wanted to fight. My chest tightened, and I felt something inside me fighting the darkness. I put a hand to my chest, and leaned over. Dartz didn't react, but just let me suffer. Something was suffocating me, constricting my chest and making it impossible to breathe. A vision suddenly sprang forth, taking what little breath I had left away.
 
 
Tobecontinued…