Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Archer's Past! A New Identity! ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic pt. 10
 
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
The wind was roaring in my ears, and I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to end. The wind stilled; I could breathe again. I opened my eyes, and looked to see another me! Except, it wasn't me. It was a woman with two stones around her neck, like me, but her eyes were different. They were sleepy, yet almost unnaturally awake. We stared at each other for a while, examining each other. She was so pretty, and so similar to me, and yet we looked nothing alike.
“Well, I suppose you're wondering who I am and why I look exactly like you.” She said, breaking the silence and startling me. I jumped; she and I had the same voice too! Hers possessed no emotion, yet, in a strange and almost disturbing way, you could tell what emotion she was expressing. I nodded, for my voice seemed to have left me. The mystical woman sighed and sat down. I realized that we were in a palace of some kind; she was sitting on the bed.
“Where to begin…?”
“At the beginning.” I requested, the shock wearing off.
“Alright, at the beginning.
`A long time ago, back when Atlantis still existed, there were priests and priestesses. We all stuck together and never revealed our secrets. We worked for the royal family, and that includes: Dartz, Chris (his daughter), his wife, and Ironheart (his father). Now, back then, Dartz was a good king. That only lasted, however, until the Orechalcos showed up. That made him dark and cruel, and turned one of his eyes aqua. Many people said he was evil, but we as priests knew better. We were divided on whom we were siding with. I sided with good at first, but then I switched.
`You are my reincarnation, and I was a priestess. That is why you have two stones; they are fighting over you just as we fought a long time ago. You must make your choice, but choose wisely, and don't fall victim to threats. They are all empty, for they will never bag a prize like you and me. I will be with you always, a bit like the pharaoh and Yugi Moto.”
“Oh, I get it. But wait, you look somewhat familiar…”
“Like this?” she asked, holding up Amazon Archer. My jaw dropped slightly. I was the Amazon Archer? Me? How was that possible?
“Every card has a story. Do you wish to hear yours?” I nodded vigorously. She looked closely at the card, seeming lost in sad memory.
“A long time ago, when I was young, I loved Greek Mythology. So much, in fact, that I learned to be an archer, and modeled myself after the Amazons. My aim was deadly, and it was a rare thing if I missed. I was actually feared among the commoners, but respected by the warriors. Not one man or woman could outshoot me.
`But…there was another thing… The only people I ever cared about. My brother, and my mother… Right when I was at the peak of my best, they died. The Orechalcos took their souls. I was devastated, and shot the one who'd taken them, although the person survived. Do you want to know who it was?” I nodded.
“Dartz. I shot his left arm, so it hurts him if he uses it often. My card will devastate him if you protect it, so don't let him get me early on.”
“Okay. Oh, and one more thing.”
“Hm?”
“What was your brother's name?” She smiled and said:
“Youko Kurama.”
 
 
 
To be continued…