Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ An Attempted "Duel" ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic pt. 11
 
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
I sat there, aghast. My jaw dropped at least three inches. Mental Thought: `What? Youko's my brother?'
“Huh?” I said stupidly. I was dumb-struck. My brother was one of the worst people alive? She laughed.
“Yes, I know it's hard to believe. But back then, he was kind and considerate.”
“Wait, wait wait wait. Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second.” I interjected. “He's a Youkai, and you're a human. How is that possible? And how could his soul be gone if he's here now?”
“Well, let me explain. From what I hear, the Orechalcos couldn't accept his soul since he's a Youkai, so it made him its servant instead. And as for the second one, I—“ Her voice failed. “I'm a—“ She stopped, too ashamed to continue.
“A half-breed.” I finished for her. She looked down, afraid I would hate her.
“What're you lookin' down for? I don't hate you.” She looked up sharply, hope in her eyes. “Why hate you for something you can't help, Archer?”
“Archer…It suits me, doesn't it? I didn't want to tell you how we two were related, because, well, things were different back then.”
“They haven't changed all that much. Just a few more intelligent people.” I replied, winking. “Oh, and…Sorry about using you against Youko. If I'd have known you two were related, I wouldn't have done it.”
“I understand, but I think he knew. I think he's already figured me out, and that's why he didn't destroy me before.” she said, making me nod.
“That would explain it.”
“Now, you must return to the present. It will be hard, but I have faith that you will pull through for me.” I stood up and saluted, promising to do my best. She smiled, and waved. I felt the wind rushing again, and opened my eyes.
“Good, you're conscious again.” the nurse said, coming in. “You've been asleep for a couple of hours now.” I got up, knowing somehow that my ankle was healed. The nurse looked shocked, but I paid no mind.
“Did I have any visitors while I was asleep?” I asked brusquely. She nodded.
“Mr. Dartz, but—“
“Right. I've got to go. Did he tell you where he was going?”
“The boy's gym.” I nodded, and started for the gym. Mental Thought: `Alright. Think about this logically. Don't just go in there and try to hit him. He'll expect that, so it will get you nowhere.' Despite this thought, however, I still came up with several ways to kill him if he was alone. If he had been, I assure you, he would have been dead.
Unfortunately, he wasn't. Bakken, Mukuro, and Yomi were there, too. I walked in, my aqua gem glowing brightly. It shined right in my face, and I stopped, looking down at it. The Orechalcos was fueled by rage, so mine made it stronger. Upon me realizing this, my tri-colored stone glowed more brightly than the other. Dartz frowned, but I smirked.
“That is a wonderful trick, the way you manipulate people like that.” I said to him. He twitched, anger apparent. “What's wrong? Left arm hurt?” He stepped forward. Both of my pendants were glowing blindingly. He stopped and shielded his eyes. I stood firm, ready for anything he pulled. My aqua gem stopped glowing, but my tri-color didn't. His stone shot out a light, and I closed my eyes, thinking of the purest things known to me. Mental Thought: `Spring, snow, friendship, trust, children laughing, playing games, a family that stays together, and butterflies.' I opened one eye, and saw that his ray was shortened down to nearly nothing. I closed my eyes again. Mental Thought: Alright, the purest thing in the world. What is it?… It's……love. A girl's love for her mother and brother. That's the purest thing in the world.' I opened my eyes, and saw Dartz on the ground clutching his left arm.
“Ready for the real fight?” I asked. He looked up at me, his eyes possessing hatred, a loathing beyond all thought. I smirked. “Ah. I see. You're not so tough. I did the same thing to you that you did to me. That's interesting, ne?” He growled. “Now that was animalistic. Bakken. You ready for our `duel'?” I said, adding in the quotations.
“You sure you don't want time to get ready?”
“What? You're not? Look at it this way: You'll be upholding your promise to Dartz if you fight me and knock me out.”
“Shouldn't we hold it in an arena?” I sighed heavily.
“What? We don't have witnesses here? Puh-lease. Yomi-sama,” I turned around. “You and I have no quarrel, right?” He nodded. “And do you have anything against Bakken?” He shook his head `no'. “Sorry, Mukuro-sama, but I know you want to see me in the ring, and I want a fair fight…Or maybe one that's at least a little bit hard.” I said, winking.
“Don't be so sure of yourself.” Bakken huffed. I smirked again, and took a battle stance. He did the same, and Dartz got up, still frowning.
“Oh, come on, Dartz. Make sure I feel horrible by turning that frown upside-down!” I said, mentally gagging as I realized I'd just said a preppy fraze. Mental Thought: `God help me, I'm becoming a cheerleader.'
“Ready? Begin!” Yomi called. Bakken charged, but I dodged easily to the right. Mental Thought: `He's slow, and he's not thinking. I can use that to my advantage if I play my cards right.' Bakken tried to punch me again, but I dropped to a low horse-riding stance, and punched him in the stomach. Hard. He gasped and stumbled backwards, clutching his stomach. Mental Thought: `Finish it!' I punched him in the head, and hit a pressure point on the back of his neck, knocking him out, but not killing him. Yomi did a ten-count(that wasn't very exaggerated) , and declared Bakken knocked out of the Tourney.
“See you in the ring.” I said to Mukuro. She nodded, and I walked out of there. “Oh yeah. I forgot my duel disk.” I ran back to the nurse's office, only to find Youko and Jasmine there. Youko turned, but I motioned for him to keep quiet, and he nodded, turning back. I ran up behind Jasmine, who was trying desperately to find out where I'd gone. I covered her mouth and eyes with my hands, and whispered in her ear.
“Guess who?” She stiffened.
“Mmm…” She seemed blank.
“It's not that hard, is it?” I asked, uncovering her eyes and looking around at her.
“Aleh-er-Thunder!” she said, glancing at Youko. He raised an eyebrow slightly, but didn't say anything. She threw her arms around my neck(it's a friend's hug, you cynics!), and I hugged back.
“Hey, Youko.” He turned to face me fully. “I know who you are…” He gave me look that said `oh really?'
“Don't give me that look. Your half-sibling paid me a visit.” I said, folding my arms across my chest. I opened one eye to peek at him. His eyes were wide, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. I opened both eyes, and smirked at him triumphantly. Mental Thought: `Remember. He's still ruled by hatred, so he probably won't be too happy about this, or remember whether or not he loved her. He did. Whoa. What was that? He did love me, Alex.' Amazon Archer appeared above me to my right. Mental Conversation: `Really? I thought most Youkai hated half-breeds. Yes, but Youko was different then. He always said that even though I was a half-breed, we were still related by blood, and I had some of the abilities of a Youkai, so it was okay. He said that as long as I was a priestess, I was close enough to the Youkai for him. Oh. Okay.' I snapped out of it, and Youko looked down at me harshly.
“So, the half-breed paid you a visit, ne? Well, I hope she hasn't got it in her head that I love her, because I don't, and never will.”
“Maybe….I'll bet she's glad she shot you, then.”
“Ha! That pathetic excuse for a half-breed couldn't touch me, let alone shoot me!”
“But she already has Youko. She shot you when I first displayed my power! Remember this?” I showed him Amazon Archer. He looked taken aback, but recovered.
“Are you trying to tell me that Melody has become a card?” Mental Conversation: `That was your name? Yes, why? Oh, just curious. Hmmm… Oh, and why don't you use someone else? What? ' “What are you thinking about?” he asked.
“Mental conversation. Be quiet.” He looked at me strangely, but I hardly noticed. Mental Conversation: `Why not use someone else? You're my reincarnation. So? Why not use someone more experienced? Because that's how things are supposed to be. But… Who decided it had to be that way? Why are you to fight your own brother? How am I supposed to know? That's the fates' department, not mine. I don't know why, but seeing him like this makes me feel so—so… cold… Hey, don't give in now. We've still got to save him, and (I can't believe I'm even thinking this) the world. Hahaha that was pretty good. I know how you feel. I'm not that much of a goody-two-shoes either. Yeah…'
“Now can I talk to you?” he asked, obviously annoyed.
“As long as you don't mind her listening.” I replied. He twitched slightly, almost unnoticeably.
“Right. Anyway, I was wondering if you really trusted her just like that.”
“Why wouldn't I?”
“You never trusted me.”
“That's because I know you're a thief.”
“How do you know she's not?”
“Simple: I don't. I don't know anything about her except what she's told me. But if I find out that what she says isn't true, I won't trust her any more. It's as simple as that.” Mental Thought (in my private mind): `Well, he has a point. I don't know much about her, but I'm going to learn. But wait.…Why did Youko look shocked when I told him if he knew she was a priestess? And why was the message from her triggered when Dartz gave me the Orechalcos stone? And why do I get the feeling I can trust Youko more than this card? And that's saying something.'
“Huh.” I said, walking off. Mental Thought: `Okay, this card needs my help, and although we are connected telepathically, I don't think I can truly trust her until I know her better. I know she has a mind of her own, and in a battle, that could betray me. Oh, who do I trust in this epically corrupt tournament?!'
 
 
 
 
To be continued…