Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ Training Begins and Internal Conflict Rises ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic
 
“Tomorrow mornin'!” Jin said enthusiastically. I nodded, smiling, and sighed, nearly collapsing right there. If Sazuka hadn't caught me, I have no doubt that I would have passed out and not woken up for two weeks. I smiled gratefully, still panting, and slowly pushed myself to my feet.
 
THE NEXT MORNING
 
“Jin!!!!” I yelled after the flying youkai. “I'm gonna die if we keep this up!!!” I was running after him, panting, and trying to tag him. We had been doing this all morning, and I was at a huge disadvantage.
“Hurry up, Thunder! You're gonna have to be faster if you wanna win!” I stopped and sighed, thinking for a moment, and then took off after him with a burst of speed. Mental Thought: `Come on, Alex. Keep motivated. Catch him and you can kill him for making you do this.' Five seconds later, I was closing in on him, pouncing and tackling him to the ground. I reared my fist back, and punched him, breathing heavily.
“Did I…mention…that I…hate you?” I wheezed. He smiled, wiping his lip.
“Yep. About fifteen times, now.” I nodded.
“Good.” I collapsed, lying there and celebrating the feeling of pure bliss that rest brought. He stood up, and pulled me to my feet, supporting me completely.
“Now on to Chu's training.” he said brightly. I groaned.
“No… No more…” I whimpered. Jin dragged me to the Gym, and handed me over to Chu. I stood shakily, teetering and expecting myself to fall at any moment.
“Now then,” Chu started, getting up and stumbling over to me. “We're gonna practice fighting.” He took a stance in the middle of the Gym, and I took an unsteady one opposite him. He started out with the Sui-ken technique, and my exhaustion just barely allowed me to dodge all of his attacks. He would throw a punch at my head, but I would sway at the last moment, causing him to miss. He would try to kick me, but I would stumble out of the way. I wasn't even paying attention! In the middle of the fight, Chu got frustrated and walked over to the bleachers, pulling out a bottle. I stopped focusing on my balance and watched as he drained the bottle of sake. My eyes widened. Mental Thought: `Oh dear…' He disappeared, and I turned just in time to block a punch to the head. Determined, he swept my feet out from under me, sitting down on top. I cried out as he folded his legs Indian style, and looked down at me.
“Hey, Chu! Get off!!!” I yelled. He shook his head.
“Nope. Ya gotta push me off.” I gasped for air as he bounced slightly on my stomach. I got both of my arms on his right side (my left), and closed my eyes, slowly moving them until my arms barely tapped his side. Then, with a burst of energy, I pushed him over, knocking him onto the floor. I rolled left, and got onto all fours, quickly standing up on my left knee and kicking him right in the face as he tried to get up.
“Ha! That's Aikido for you!” I shouted victoriously.
“My turn! My turn!” Rinku cried, running in and grabbing my hand, running off with me into the girls' Gym. He pulled out a yo-yo, and showed it to me. I took a battle stance, unsure, but then he told me not to do that. He handed me my new duel disk. “Summon your archer.” he told me. I complied, and he turned around, facing some targets that were on the wall. He shot his yo-yo at it, and hit it dead in the center. I ordered my archer, and she did the same. She shot an arrow into all of the targets at Rinku's request, and he pulled out multi-colored yo-yo's.
“Okay, this training doesn't just train your eye-sight. It trains your memory, too.” He said. “Okay, I'll give you an order, and you have to listen to it. Okay, right now, I want you to run around and hit all of the green yo-yo's.” I nodded, and watched as he went and hung them all around the room.
“Whenever you're ready.” I said.
“Okay…GO!” he cried. I walked slowly around the room, hitting all the green ones until only one was left; that one was on the ceiling! “Amazon Archer!” I cried, thinking quickly.
“NOPE!!!! You have to hit it yourself!” Rinku yelled, covering my mouth to keep me from ordering her to attack.
“What? I'm sorry, Rinku, but although I may have a slight sixth sense, I have little to no spiritual power.” I reminded him.
“Oh yeah. Forgot. We'll work on this more later.” he said as I was whisked away by Sazuka.
“Okay, here we are.” he said, stopping on the roof of the building. I noticed several things on the ground, and had a feeling that he was going to throw them at me. “Now, remember. Defense is a very important aspect of fighting. You can't win or live without it. First, we'll go over the basics, and then we'll just build from there.” he said, ordering me to take a front stance. First, we went over how to chamber all the basic blocks, and how to perform them with power. Then, we went into what exactly they blocked, and when to react. We practiced for a while, and then he left me, telling me to stay there. Shishi came out soon after he left.
“Ready?” he asked. I nodded. “Okay.” He placed a cup on the ground. “Hit the cup on the side without spilling any water.”
“What?”
“Like so.” He tapped the side with his foot, moving the water over a few inches. I tried to copy, but ended up spilling it all over the place. I was on my knees.
“That was horrible.” I moaned, anime-tears streaming down my cheeks.
“It was your first try.” he reminded me. That inspired me, so I got up and tried again. And again. And again. By the time I finally got it down, it was almost dusk.
“Yay!” I cried in celebration.
“Very good.” Touya said, coming out of nowhere and causing me to spill it anyway.
“Aww!” He laughed softly, and helped me up.
“What we're working on tonight is your spiritual sense. You seem to possess one, but it's not very strong yet. If we work hard enough, maybe we can awaken your spiritual awareness.”
“Okay.” I replied, preparing myself.
“Tonight, we'll just be meditating. I want you to get in touch with your inner self and your other side.” he said. I nodded.
“How long will this take?”
“As long as it takes.” I nodded, closing my eyes and clearing my mind. Suddenly, I knew everything that was around me; I saw Touya getting up and walking away, and yet I faintly knew that my eyes were still closed. Mental Thought: 'Who knew I could do this? Man, I see everything around me, and yet I can feel myself relaxing and almost sleeping.' Suddenly, Amazon Archer appeared in my vision. Mental Thought: `What're you doing out here?' I thought. `Are you— Do you trust me? What? Do you trust that I will lead you to the place you need to be, and not to total destruction? Wha-? Yeah, I guess. Why wouldn't I? You're almost like me. Good. Now take my hand.' The vision showed her offering her hand, and I somehow knew not to open my eyes. I took her hand, and she led me down to the library. There, in one of the darkest corners, sat the detective, Darian; she was crying.
“Shuichi!” she cried, sobbing and sounding utterly pathetic. I felt no sympathy for her at first, but then the silent Archer showed me the large trail of blood leaking from her stomach. My eyes shot open immediately.
“Youko.” I murmured, standing up and running down the stairs to the ground floor. I ran to the cafeteria, and saw him leaning up against the wall. I nodded, and flew up the stairs to the library. There, in the corner, was the crying Darian. I quickly left, found some bandages, and brought up a glass of milk for her. I kneeled beside her, and gently touched her shoulder. Her head shot up, and she looked around frantically, trying to discover the threat. When she spied me, I gave her a small smile and offered her the milk.
“What do you want?” she asked with a thick voice.
“Drinking milk always made me feel better when I was sad or hurt.” I explained, handing her the cup. She hesitated momentarily, then drained it. She wiped her mouth quickly, and stood.
“Leave me alone.” she ordered. I knew immediately that it would be pointless to get angry. It seemed that that was just the way she was.
“As you wish.” I replied, leaning back against the wall and watching her leave. Her body language was confident and proud; she walked with an extremely small limp, as if one leg was shorter than the other. I noted how she almost seemed to be unaware of her surroundings, as if her thoughts were consuming her. After a while, I just couldn't stand it: I had to day something “If you're still looking for Youko, I can tell you where he is.” She paused in the doorway, and replied without looking back.
“We have spoken.” she said, nearly sounding defeated.
“And? Any hope of getting your love back?” She flinched, and spun around, nearly knocking herself off-balance because of the bleeding.
“That's none of your business!” she shouted.
“Relax. You shouldn't push yourself with that kind of open wound.” She looked down, and then glared back at me. I threw the roll of bandages to her, and walked out, knowing that my aura of hostility had changed to that of a cool intellect… like Shuichi's.
She stared after me, and looking at the roll of cloth in her hand, as if unsure of what to make of the situation. I continued walking until I was down in the Cafeteria, where I sat down by Kada and began shuffling my deck. Youko made a move as if to try to avoid me, but I wasn't letting him escape so easily. A girl that went by the name of Hiita the Fire Charmer appeared before him, and I set her card on the table face-up, continuing to shuffle the cards. He sighed.
“What is it, Thunder?” he asked, sounding almost exasperated.
“Where are you going, Fox?” I asked, keeping my cool. He noticed the change in my demeanor, and knew that I would see through any lie.
“To the Library.” He answered.
“It's currently closed off to all of my enemies. I'm holding a meeting there.” I lied smoothly, never changing my tone or pausing my hands.
“Oh? On such short notice?”
“No, I'm just very good at hiding things from the likes of you.” I stood, picking the card up and walking out the door before him. I could feel his eyes on my back, but I continued on despite my instincts' screams of warning. I washed the blood out as best I could, and sat back, sighing. It had taken over an hour, and my mom was going to kill me when I got home. I chuckled lightly to myself. “Funny. I can face an A-Class youkai and only escape with a twisted ankle, and I can stand up to a king without flinching. Yet I still manage to fear my mother.” I mumbled, walking out the front door of the school and walking home, never expecting what would be waiting for me there.