Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts 3 ❯ A New Cloud ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sora and Cloud were on there way to save the kids.
 
Sora: “We're almost there.”
 
Cloud was just in a deep thought, when they both heard gun shots. Loz and Yazoo were shooting at them. Sora and Cloud got their weapons ready, then Kadaj waved his hands, and all the kids appeared. This startled Sora and Cloud, making them crash.
 
Kadaj walked up to them.
 
Kadaj: “Glad you could make it.”
 
Cloud: “I here for the kids.”
 
Kadaj turned to the children.
 
Kadaj: “See this man? He's our big brother. But alas…in our happy flock…he's what you call a black sheep.”
He pulled out his sword, and was about to slice Cloud until Sora interrupted him by blocking the attack. Then Sora countered, but missed, because Kadaj moved out of the way.
 
[Vim and Vigor music playing]
 
Then, Yazoo and Loz were in front of them.
 
Sora: “Come on! We can take them!”
 
[Game play]
 
Yazoo: “You really think you can beat us?”
 
Sora used “Scan”. The first target was Yazoo. His HP was 1254, ATK was 70, and DEF was 60. Yazoo shot at Sora, but Sora blocked it, and countered by using ground combos, and then used Guard Break. Cloud used Sonic Blade knocking him out. Then the next target was Loz. His HP was 1169, ATK was 65, and DEF was 70. He punched the ground and started an earthquake. When Sora and Cloud were off balance, he ran and punched them, sending them flying. They got up, and Sora yelled “HEAL!!” and cured him and Cloud. When Loz was running at them, Sora was able to block his punch, and counter with ground combos, and then Guard Break. Then Cloud used Sonic Blade on him and knocked him out. Then, Yazoo was conscious, he shot Sora. Sora: “Cloud!” then they used a combined attack called “Mega Sonic”.
 
“MEGA SONIC”
 
Sora and Cloud both used Sonic Blade going in every direction. Then, they did one final Sonic Blade that sent Yazoo and Loz into the air.
 
 
Then, managing to hit both of them at the same time, Sora used Guard Break on them, and a ball of light covered their bodies.
 
Yazoo: “Impressive.”
 
[Game play over]
 
[Vim and Vigor stops playing]
 
Yazoo and Loz were on their knees, and Kadaj walked up to Sora and Cloud.
 
Kadaj: “You're pretty good. But that's not good enough.”
 
He was about to slice them, but then a red cape-looking-thing, came and covered Sora and Cloud, and took them away.
 
Kadaj: “Damn.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
In a different location
 
 
Cloud: “I was right. I'm no good to anyone.”
 
Sora: “You really should stop thinking like that. So what if we failed to get Marlene, and Denzel. They're OK and that's what matters most. Right?”
 
Cloud: “Hmm. Hey, Vincent. What do you know about this?”
 
Vincent: “I come here often.” He walked toward them. “I've seen what Kadaj's group is doing.” He grabbed Cloud's arm. “The stigma. In our bodies, we have a current like the Lifestream. When alien matter infests the body, this current is what fights it off.” He let go, and walked to the other side of them. “Geostigma is what happens…when the body overcompensates for its unwelcome guest.”
 
Cloud: “Unwelcome guest?”
 
The Sephiroth gene. Jenova's memetic legacy. Call it what you want.”
 
Cloud: “You're well-informed.”
 
Vincent: “Tseng and Elena. They were brought here half-dead. They must have been brutally tortured. I did what I could to save them…but it was ugly.”
 
Sora: “Tortured?”
 
Vincent: “They had it coming. They got their hands on Jenova's head.”
 
Cloud: “Then the “Mother” Kadaj is looking for…”
 
Vincent: “Heaven's dark harbinger. The calamity, Jenova. If they wanted to, they could make another Sephiroth.”
 
Sora: “That's bad. And if they succeed?”
 
Vincent: “All humanity is lost.”
 
Cloud: “Kadaj…. What is he?”
 
Vincent: “I'd rather not know.”
 
Then, there was a sound in the bushes. They got ready, and what they thought was an enemy, was really Marlene.
 
Cloud: “Marlene!”
 
Marlene: “Cloud! Denzel and Tifa!”
 
Cloud: “Tifa is all right.”
 
Marlene: “I wanna talk to her!”
 
Cloud reached for his phone, but it was gone. Then she looked to Vincent.
 
Marlene: “May I?”
 
He lifted his cape.
 
Marlene: “You don't have a phone?”
 
Cloud: “Vincent, will you take Marlene and Sora back to the bar? I'm gonna go get some answers from Shinra.”
Vincent: “You know I can't.”
 
Cloud: “-But.”
 
Marlene: “Forget it, Cloud! Why don't you ever pay any attention to us?”
 
She then ran to Vincent, under his cape.
 
Cloud: “Marlene, please give me some time. There's a battle to be fought…but it's not as simple as just fighting it. You see?”
 
Marlene: “No, I don't!”
 
Vincent: “Fighting. Is that what this is about? “
 
Cloud: “…Are sins ever forgiven?”
 
Vincent: “I've never tried.”
 
Cloud: “Hmm. Marlene, let's go home.”
 
Marlene ran to him, happy.
 
Cloud: “I'm gonna try.”
 
Then he, Sora, and Marlene left to head for Midgar.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED…