Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Cannonball Run 3 World Tour ❯ The Finish Line ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 11

The Finish Line

General Thade rode his bike like crazy along the highway deserts. The only thing in his mind was the money. He wanted it. He crqved for it. He needed it. He'd even sell his soul to obtain such a large sum of money. In the distance he heard the purring motors of boats by the sea. He heard the roaring rage from the cars by the road. And he heard the high shrieking voices of the planes by the air.

"I must hurry!" Thade thought.

…New York…

"All right people." Herman shouted to the Cannonball band. "All of you remain absolutely calm." The band went wild anyway. Benny returned to the room with a large chart board.

"As you see here." Benny said. "This is all that we know so far of who's in the lead!" All eyes were stuck to the board:

"This is it! Folks!" Said Bosley. "The Cannonballers are finally returning to New York city!"

The crowd went berserk. People were jumping around, some were even crowd surfing and others were forming circles and dancing round like retards. It was like rejoicing from death.

"Jigglpuff!" Jigglypuff was jumping in joy.

"You can say that again, Jigglypuff!" Said Misty. "This place is becoming mad!"

"Just look at our fans!" Shouted Gennai. "Shouts and yells going everywhere!"

"It is only a matter of minutes before they reach the finish line!" Ryo was sweating and panting. "We're all gonna be cheering for our fans out there! Nothing so spectacular as this has ever hit world history before!"

"I'm sure the winner of this race will surely be honored for generations to come!" Said Ryo. "Isn't that right, Socrates?"

The camera switches to Socrates' room...which seemed to be a mess. The bearded man was going bonkers, running round his armchair like a maniac.

"DAMN RIGHT, RYO! ALL THE LUCK TO ALL THOSE RACERS!"

The camera switches back Bosley and Co..

"JIGGLYPUFF! JIGGLYPUFF!"

"Hundred and thousands and millions and billions and trillions and……." Misty couldn't get a grip on herself from all the excitement. Gennai slapped her on the back. "…..are now watching this most un-forgetful moment! This certainly is the most fabulous thing I've ever seen in my life!"

"Folks, these have been swell months during this race. And all I can say is that I damn enjoyed it! THIS IS BOSLEY!"

"I'M GENNAI!"

"I'M MISTY!"

"I'M RYO!"

"JIGGLYPUFF!"

"LIVE IN NEW YORK! MAY THE BEST CANNONBALLER WIN! WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Dude! This is the best time I've ever had!" Said Mike.

"Me too!" Said Gary.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The crowd shrieked.

"Finally, the race is near the end!" Robert Stack said. "Soon we shall witness the mind behind this wonder. Soon we shall learn who will earn a hundred million dollars for traveling the Earth in LESS than eighty days! We shall bring more on this event!"

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" Adon couldn't stop jumping around. "The Switchblade is second place! It just needs to pass that Ratfang and…ZOOM! Two million dollars is mine!"

"SHADDAP!" Sagat bonked him on the head. "The Rattler 2 boat will be out of those twerps along in no time flat!"

"Easy for you to say, big nose! Take this!" Adon kicked Sagat in the face.

"Why you! You're gonna pay!" Sagat performed an uppercut on Adon.

"What's their problem?" Riku saw two people fighting each other far away.

"Who cares?!" Kairi leaped about with Sora. "Slingshot all the way!"

"That's right, Kairi!" Sora grabbed hold of Kairi's head and rubbed her hair with his knuckles. "NOOGIE!!!"

"AH, SORA!" Kairi screamed in laughter. "STOP IT!"

…Outside New York…

"Come on! Roger!" Shouted Eddie. "Faster! FASTER!"

The Ratfang seemed to be slipping back in position as several Cannonballers past the blue ambulance van. Things weren't looking too good.

"GO ROGER!" Dolores shouted from behind with Eddie.

"Drive like Captain Chaos would!" Said Jessica.

"Oh! I can't!" Roger moaned.

More cars began to overtake him.

"Whatever happened to that mask you were wearing, Roger?" Said Eddie in an angry voice.

"I dunno! He was the one who took it off! Not me!"

…Roads blew…

…Oceans rocked…

…Clouds deformed…

…Every mile the Cannonballers passed the bigger their desiring dreams of a completed conquest became…

The Ratfang was now in last place. The other cars rushed past the van and vanished in the smoky fog formed by the back wheels. Eddie's hopes were about to shatter.

"I don't believe this shit." He said. "When we don't want him, he's around! When we want him, he's not around!" Eddie stormed to the back of the Ratfang. "I'm gonna get a cigarette!"

But as he turned his back and started walking away………

"DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Eddie flew back to the seats when the Ratfang suddenly accelerated to a high speed. He put his hat back on and got up. He rushed to the front and gasped in joyfulness.

…There…on the driving seat…was Captain Chaos…

Captain Chaos, in just seconds, caught up with the crowd of other Cannonballers and raced his way through them like a lightning bolt struck by Zeus from the high heavens. He wasn't even flooring the Ratfang. But as he did, Eddie found themselves leading in first place once again. It was all mysterious wander. Captain Chaos looked at his friends and stuck his thumb up.

"………………It's only ten blocks to the finish………………

…………..I feel very confident that we will be…………….

………………TRIUMPHANT!............ ......"

General Thade rode past the cars in the streets of New York. Just past him rushed the Cannonballers, angry yet anxious for a hundred million dollars.

Pedestrians leaped from the road.

Sailors abandoned their boats.

Builders almost fell from the skyscrapers.

Captain Chaos laughed in head first.

Meowth jumped up from his seat and watched the Stiletto plane and chopper fly past them from opposite sides. Jesse and James weren't sure what exactly passed them.

"What was that?" Said James.

"A jet and chopper!" Meowth returned to his seat.

"Are they in the race?" Meowth smacked Jesse when he heard her stupid question.

"CATCH THEM!" The feline Pokemon shouted and pointed his finger at the two getaways.

"LET'S GO CHAOS! DON'T LET ANYBODY ELSE WIN!"

"I'M ON IT, EDDIE!" Chaos turned at another street.

"(We've done it, Santa!)" Pingu clapping his hands.

"HO! HO! HO!" Santa kept steady with the Arctic Assault boat. "I just need to get past that Piranha boat ahead in first place by sea!" He hoped Mario was far away from them now.

Meanwhile…

"This is for you Santa!" Mario Lemieux shot across the buildings. "This is for you, your happy elves and all the little children round the world!"

"Squall! That car's getting away! You guys are gonna have to do better than this, you know! I wanna win this race and go to Materia heaven!"

"SHUT UP YUFFIE!!!!!!!!!!" Seifer and Squall yelled at Yuffie.

"Can't you make this thing go any faster?!" Shrek yelled at Speed Racer. "COME ON!"

"I'm trying!"

"Here I come, baby!" Michael Schumacher rushed through the streets. "Here I come!"

Meanwhile…

"We did it!" Leonardo DiCaprio hugged Ken Griffey Jr.

"We'll be the champions!" Ken almost kissed him back, but stopped himself from getting carried away.

"Affirmative!" Major Payne flew past the Plaza Hotel.

"WE'RE GONNA WIN! WE'RE GONNA WIN!" The Twits sung together. Dr. Strangefate ignored their aggravating chants.

"You're doing great, T-Bob! Keep it up!" Mr. Conductor smiled.

"Must win Cannonball. Must win Cannonball." T-Bob mumbled.

"OOH! I'm like a pony!" Richard Simmons cried.

"Um…yes." Billy Elliott answered.

"Nemesis, all these I've waited for this moment!" Steve Austin said. "We should be proud!"

"RAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

"Listen! I know where we're going!" Inspector Clouseau shouted in the Ramp-Up. "What's the matter with you? Can't you drive this thing any faster?!"

"WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!" Steve Irwin was about to lose his mind. "ALF! We're gonna be millionaires!"

"YOU SAID IT, STEVE!"

Meanwhile…

"(The money is ours!)" Kirikou grinned stupidly.

"HA! HA! HAAAA!!!!" Baron Samedi couldn't stop laughing.

Elliot the dragon was jumping on his seat.

"Steady, Elliot!" Cried Whiskers. "We're almost there!"

Millions of people waited patiently on the island of the Statue of Liberty. All fell silent. Bosley, Gennai, Ryo, Misty and Jigglypuff waited in front hundreds of other news reporters. They were listening to the sounds of all those Cannonballers working through their final obstacles. Slappy, Socrates, Herman and Benny were with Ali G on the statue's torch.

"You see them?" Said Herman.

"Are they all there?" Asked Slappy.

"Have they made it to the bridge yet?" Said Benny.

"Who's winning?" Socrates cried.

"Nothing." Ali G looked through his binoculars.

The competitors on this long lasting race were drawing near to the bridge of achievement. But, as always, there seemed to be one slight booboo that every racer happened to make………

"Chaos?" Said Eddie. "Why are we slowing down?" His question was answered when he heard the gurgling on the vehicle engine. Everyone froze.

"Why have we stopped?!" Speed Racer had no idea why their motor of the boat no longer worked.

"What does that mean there?" Leonardo DiCaprio pointing to the fuel measurements on the plane. All arrows seemed to be pointing low.

"OH NO!!!!!!!!!!" Cried Santa Clause.

"WE'RE OUT OF GAS!" Shouted Team Rocket when their plane landed onto the ground with a loud thump.

General Thade seemed too distracted by this strange occurrence as he looked back. He didn't happen to see where he was going and rammed his bike into a truck. He pounced up quickly from his fall and carried on by hands and feet to the bridge.

…Racers on sea withdrew from their boats and swam for shore nearby the bridge…

…Racers on land stepped out of their cars and sprinted to the bridge…

…Racers on air didn't get hurt from their falls, they bounced out from their planes and pushed their legs at the bridge…

"I see them!" Said Ali G.

"Who's winning?" Everyone grasped each other.

"I can't say. They're all bunched up on da bridge."

"WHAT?!?!" Benny and Herman said.

"How unusual." Said Slappy.

"Most peculiar." Said Socrates.

"COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A FOOT RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

All the racers ran to the bridge with their time cards.

"NEVER FEAR! CHAOS IS HERE! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Captain Chaos led the way while Eddie ran right behind for support.

"There he is!" Eddie pointed at Thade just ahead. "GET THAT BASTARD!"

The Cannonballers ran across the bridge like a crazy marathon. Voices, shouts and yells surfaced form the large crowd. They pushed, they shoved and they even swore at each other, just like when they did back at the signing up posts. Madness was probably the only word that could describe this whole bunch of lunatics. Just for a large amount of money, tons of stars had dedicated their lives on racing round the world. Now nothing but conflicts amongst others stood in their way. Fate had guided them to the black suitcase waiting for them on the table far ahead. And nothing was going stand in their way. Not even the cops.

"RACE TO THE FINISH!" Eddie pushed Captain Chaos forwards one more time until…………..

Eddie, for a split second, stepped into a large crack on the bridge. The force of his step made the rest floor send waves across the surface. Then did he realize that the bridge was going to fall apart. Just another second after the floor beneath the Cannonballers' feet fell into the sea. Hence they fell into the sea, despite their efforts for trying to cling onto something to prevent their descent. All at the same time they splashed into the blue water, grabbing onto each other before getting all wet. Even more shouts and yells emitted from the unlucky bunch of soon-to-be losers. However, there did seem to be one Cannonballer to have survived the fall and was still making his way to the goal. It was Captain Chaos.

"GO CHAOS! GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Eddie climbed out of the wreck and saw that Chaos had already overtaken Thade.

"YOU CAN DO IT, HONEY!!!!!!!" Cried Jessica.

"WE'RE REALLY GONNA WIN!!!!!!!!" Screamed Dolores.

The rest of the Cannonballers eyed on Captain Chaos. There was no point now of trying to catch up. It looked like Eddie Valiant and his friends were going to inherit the fortune. He and the girls cheered with joy and clapped as loud as they could for Chaos. But looks could deceive, as they say, and this occasion did not disagree with that fact.

"HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!" Captain Chaos suddenly stopped. He had just crossed the bridge and only had to go a little further on to reach the finish line. A young girl happened to be jumping round and crying in sadness. "Somebody save my babies! They're drowning!"

"NO CHAOS!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Cried Eddie.

Captain Chaos looked at Eddie. And then he switched sight onto his time card. Without a moment sooner he threw away his card and headed for the sea.

"COME, COME, FAIR LADY!" Cried Chaos. "I WILL SAVE YOUR BABIES! HAVE NO FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Chaos dived into the sea while Thade rushed past the finishing line and snatched the suitcase money, which sat untouched on a wooden desk. One of his space ships suddenly appeared and opened up for him.

"General!" Said Attar. "Get in!"

Thade hopped onto the ship and got in.

"So, long suckers!" Thanos waved at the window.

"So much for a hundred million bucks!" Darkseid said.

The Weasels and Turks laughed back at the Cannonballers as they blasted off right into space. The money was gone……..again.

Everyone laughed at Eddie and his friends from Chaos' act. They all walked to the island and saw Chaos delivering a sack full of kittens to the damsel in distress.

"Here you go!" Captain Chaos gave the feline bundles to the young girl.

"Thank you ever so much, you brave man!" The girl kissed Chaos and walked away with her precious ones. Chaos turned round and saw Eddie and the other Cannonballers approaching him.

"Eddie! I saved that girl's kittens! Didn't you see me? I was so good!"

"Roger…….." Said Eddie in a relaxed voice. "We could won that race……WE COULD WON THAT RACE AND GONE OFF WITH A HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS, ROGER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TELLING YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!? WE COULD HAVE WON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Roger, Eddie's got a point." Said Jessica.

"Oh, Roger." Sighed Dolores. "Why did you have to go pull that stupid stunt?"

"I'm sick of Captain Chaos." Snorted Eddie. "We're all sick of Captain Chaos. We're so sick of Captain Chaos that we could throw up!"

Everyone nodded and agreed with Eddie's statement, even the audience.

"So you know what, Roger?" Eddie smiled and slowly removed Chaos' mask. "There won't be any more Captain Chaos…….NO MORE!!!!!!!!" Eddie threw his mask on the ground. "NO MORE CAPTAIN CHAOS EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" Eddie ripped off Chaos' cape. "GONE! DEAD! CAPUT!" Eddie slapped Roger on the shirt which made water splash out of his clothes. "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR THAT?!?!?!? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF NOW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"………………… …………….." Roger Rabbit looked at the Cannonballers and the crowd. "I don't care……….because……….." Roger ducked down and seconds later got up, wearing a new mask and cape. "I've always wanted to be……….CAPTAIN USA!!!!!!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It's been mentioned before and I'll say it again, Victor Chaos, look what you've done to poor Roger!" Dolores began laughing. Eddie started laughing in pain before everyone else began to crack up.

"Oh, Roger. Ha, ha, ha………" Eddie wiped a tear from his eye.

"It's a dirty job! But somebody's gotta do it!" Captain USA remarked..

"HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!! HA! HA! HA!"

The island transformed into a laugh riot. Eddie couldn't stand the humor any longer and simply went up to Roger and gave him a nice happy and breath taking hug. Everyone applauded at the detective and bunny rabbit with great respect. Cameras flashed and news reporters began to report.

But just when things were becoming comfortable and settling down, hordes of police cars, boats and helicopters arrived at the scene. All turned their eyes to the law keepers of justice who came out of the vehicles.

"We're finally here!" Ten Cents said.

Speed Buggy and Budgie also arrived. The entire Rescue Heroes team grouped up immediately.

"We've got them!" Commander Warren Waters. "I can't believe we got them!"

And from the bridge marched in none other than Commander Foyt herself. Captain Harris and Proctor accompanied her side by side. Several other police lieutenants followed her from behind.

"Who the hell is this creep?" Said Eddie.

"WELL! WELL! WELL!" C. Foyt walked in a high loud voice.

"Well! Well! Well!"

"Shut up, Captain Harris."

"Sorry, Commander."

"Looks like I've finally got you all into my grasping grip!" She stomped proudly between the Cannonballers, holding a horse whip in her hand and slapped it onto her glove covered palm gently. "You people are all criminals!" The crowd gasped. "You heard me right. CRIMINALS! You've raped the streets of every continent! You've humiliated the entire police force! And you certainly have a lot of explaining to do for the judge when you all stand up in court for all the damage you have caused!" At that moment the Cannnonballers looked down with sad faces. The crowd just gave painful looks onto them.

"And you've also……."

"What did I tell you Captain Harris?"

"Sorry again, Commander!"

"Maybe we should just keep quiet, Captain."

"Shut up, Proctor." Captain Harris hit him with his hat.

"How do you all feel NOW! HUH?!?!?!?!?! STILL HAPPY WITH YOURSELVES AFTER WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HMMM?!?!?!?!?!?!" Shouted C. Foyt.

Silence.

"Well………." Said Jame's voice out of Team Rocket. "…….I guess I don't feel happy……"

"Yes?" C. Foyt lowered her shades and clicked her black boots together.

"…….BUT I FEEL GREAT!" James exclaimed.

"Yeah. I do too!" Meowth thought about it more thoroughly.

"Me three!" Cried Jesse.

"FABULOUS!" Said Roger Rabbit.

"Exciting!" Said Felix the cat.

"Entertaining." Said James Bond.

"It was a blast!" Said Goofy.

"STUPENDOUS!" Said Daffy Duck.

"I WANNA DO IT AGAIN!" Cried Mihoshi jumping round from Heero's group as she clapped her hands.

"It kicked ass!" Said Eric Cartman.

"It didn't suck, heh, heh, heh!" Said Beavis. "IT REALLY ROCKED!"

"Marvelous!" Said C-3P0. R2 commented too in his language.

"IT WAS FUN! YUK! YUK! YUK!" Laughed Bozo the clown.

"Muy bonito!" Said Speed Gonzalez.

"Fabulous!" Cried Hinata Wakaba taking off her helmet with Sakura Kasugano.

"WHAT A RACE!" Said the Powerpuff Girls.

"Damn! That was good!" Said Duke Nukem.

"We got ourselves a tan in South America!" Said Sora Takenouchi as she and the other Digidestined girls showed off their new dark skin color.

"THAT WAS GOOD!" Said Inspector Clouseau.

"RROOOOOARRRR!!!!!!!!" Roared Nemesis.

"AYE CARAMBA!" Said Bart Simpson.

"Great race! Yup, yup yup!" Said Ducky.

"SOMEBODY STOP ME!" Said the Mask.

"WE LOVED IT!" Said the Twits.

"Very nice indeed." Said Hadji.

"WONDERFUL!" Said Joe Montana.

"Race of the century!" Buster Stupid shouted out.

"This certainly isn't a dream!" Said Dream.

"(GREAT!)" Said Kim Kaphwan.

"Heavens to migratory!" Said Snagglepuss.

"I had the best dang flight of my life!" Said Major Payne.

"Oh, man! That was amazing!" Said Michael Jordan.

"PEACE!" Cried the Holy Man.

"Very fun!" Said Rainbow Brite. "I enjoyed it!"

"One good turn deserves another!" Said Maximus.

"O LADDY!!!!!!!!!!" Said Fat Bastard.

"HO! HO! HO!" Laughed Santa Clause.

"SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!" C. Foyt snapped. All fell quiet again. "YOU REALIZE THAT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY FROM ANY OF THIS?!?!?!?!?! YOU"RE GOING TO MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISONS!!!!!!!!!! YOU'LL ALL BE LOCKED UP GOOD!!!!!!!!!! YOU'LL……………."

C. Foyt was disrupted when SWAT teams and military forces made their way onto the island. A black stretch limousine stopped in front of the Cannonballers and Mrs. Foyt. A man in a black suit got out from the driver's seat and opened the door. Out came the President of the USA.

"Mr. President!" C. Foyt smiled as she made way. "What a pleasant surprise to see you."

"Commander Foyt." Said the President. "What in the name are you doing here?"

"Well…….um……..I was just……..educating these young…..um….misunderstanding individuals on how…..to……er……keep the roads safe?" The President looked at the Cannonball Run sign at the bridge.

"Do you realize that I've signed a contract concerning this race?"

"Um, no, Mr. President. I was never informed."

"Uh-oh." Said Proctor.

At that moment Herman, Benny, Socrates, Slappy and Ali G steeped out of the crowd. Ali G got something out of his pocket and handed it to the President. It was the contract of which he had signed way days back before the whole race began. The President opened it up.

"You see here?" He said. "I, the President of the United States, have agreed to excuse and pardon these fellow Cannonballers from all possible charges during the race!"

"Wh-wh-what does that mean, Mr. President?"

"It means, Commander…….." President looked at the Cannonballers. "……..that these fellow racers are now free from all crimes!"

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Cannonballers and crowd screamed in high spirits. They hugged. They laughed. They cried. They were thankful that the police were no longer resisting anything from this wondrous event.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" C. Foyt went on her knees.

"Commander." Said the President. "TAKE YOUR MEN OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!"

"HOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The President winked at the Cannonballers, who in return gave him two thumbs way up. The police force, SWAT teams and army force left and the President went back into his car. Proctor opened the door for C. Foyt as she got in her car. Captain Harris drove away from the island, and C. Foyt just sulked in her car with failure and defeat.

Author's Note: It's not over yet! Stay here for more!