Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Workouts ❯ One Surprise After Another ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
If the formatting is crappy, sorry! This site won't take the original file in '.doc' so I gotta settle for '.rtf' which basically fucks up my formatting.

It ain't gonna be pretty to read, but hey, at least it's something lol ;)

Anyways, hope you guys like the chappy!

Read, Review, and Enjoy!! XDD

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

This fic has been beta'd by the awesome and wonderful ArmyWife22079-give her a huuuuuuge thanks for all the help she volunteered to give. Cause trust me, more than half the stuff I write is from all the inspiration and ideas she gives me, no lie.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

D isclaimer- As much as I wish I did, I DO NOT own Inuyasha or NCIS, just the plot of this story and any OC’s that happen to pop up! XD

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--Twisted Workouts—

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

Previously;

"It's just weird. There's no telling what kind of chick she is Timmy. It's practically as bad as internet dating." Abby admonished, as if talking to a child.

McGee moaned, cringing as Abby went on.

Kagome however doubled over and started howling in laughter.

'Well,' McGee though faintly, 'at least she isn't insulted...'

Abby cocked her head at Kagome. "What's so funny?" she asked McGee.

Could this get any more awkward!?

McGee shut his eyes and forced himself to answer. "Abby..."  he muttered, "Say hi to said floozy I was suppose to take out tonight," he said with as much reluctance he could possibly feel.

And now, it was Abby's turn to gawk.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-

--One Surprise After Another--


The first thing she said was - "Are you serious?!"

Because honestly, she couldn't be any more incredulous at that moment. Her voice showed it obviously enough...

When no one made a move to say others - as Kagome was still snickering her head off and McGee took to staring at the floor with such intensity that it almost seemed he wanted to just melt to the floor,and be done with it - Abby cringed as the full weight of realizing her actions hit her like a good few thousands of bricks.

"Oh shit..." she muttered under her breath.

That was the most prominent thought at the forefront of her mind, followed closely by 'I can't believe I said that', 'they must totally hate me right now' and 'idiot, idiot, id-i-ot'.

Kagome on the other hand brushed it off, not insulted in the least she wrapped an arm around Abby's shoulders, still laughing like a fool.no it's fine Abs!" At the goth's skeptical and shameful look, Kagome just shook her head. "Really!" she assured her, grinning now.

Abby turned to McGee and gave him an apologetic look to which he off.
"Ah, no need to say sorry to me Abs..." 'I wasn't the one a floozy...' hung in the air and they all heard it, though McGee wasn't nearly rude or mean enough to say it and rub it in her face.

Kagome still shot him an evil look to rebuke him anyways.

Abby sighed depressed nonetheless. "Still, I feel really bad! Iyou know I love you Kagome! And I know you're the farthest thing there is to a crazy floozy!"

"Well, maybe not the 'crazy' part..." Kagome joked, trying tothe mood.Abby still look awkward about the whole ordeal, Kagome shot McGee a look to

He promptly shot her a helpless, panicking one that basically said 'I don't know what to do!!'

Kagome narrowed her eyes. 'Do. Something.' she mouthedher eyes daring him to do otherwise.

It had him biting his lip before stepping forward reluctantly. "It's really okay Abs...I know my track record with girls isn't great, and those that I have met online," he winced at Kagome's gaping shocked expression, but went on regardless, "- pretty much screwed me over, so why would this be any different, right? I'm happy you care enough to

Abby's head shot up. "Of course I'd worry about you Timmy! You'remy best friend!"

Kagome was stillon the whole ''meeting girls online"

McGee groaned, seeing her thoughtful look of surprise crossed with disbelief.I should have known. If you want to make that rain check permanent, I understand...." he muttered unhappily, one step away from pouting.

Kagome blinked up at him, eyes frantic. "What?! No!" she blurted out, before blinking again and looking away. Clearing up her throat nervously, she looked back up at him and his surprised and relieved face. "It's just... it's hard to imagine you actually needing to go online for that. I mean, it's not like your horribly unattractive or a complete stiff. You're..." trailed off, embarrassed once she remembered they weren't exactly alone in the room.
"Yeah..." She cleared her throat

Abby stood there, grinning crazily. But then she remembered
0
Wait, suppose to? Rain check? She blinked at the two. "Wait, are you saying your date is off tonight?" she asked, concerned.

The two others looked at her before sharing a look. Kagome's gaze dropped to the ground, remembering and instantly feeling guilty about playing when her partner's downstairs on a slab...

McGee explained. "We have a case..." McGee trailed off, unsure howgo about this.

Abby rolled her eyes at him. "Obviously, and it has something to do with the FBI or Kagome wouldn't be...here..." Her eyebrows furrowed once she eye if Kagome's depressing state before realization hit her like a

Her eyes quickly flickered over to McGee. "Oh no, oh my God. talking about Kaci's case? The guy with her, her boyfriend...he isn't?" was almost afraid to ask.

One look at McGee's sad face told it all. It was even worse whenmouthed the one word Abby hoped he wouldn't - 'partner'. "Oh God, Kagome..." she murmured, practically running towards Kagome to engulf her in a huge, comforting hug.

"I'm so sorry sweetie!" she whispered solemnly.just sucks, like really, really, horribly and absolutely sucks when this happens. I hate it..."

Kagome returned the hug, patting Abby's back gratefully. "Yeah...I too. Trace was a really good man and a great partner. He'll be missed so much."

Biting her lip, Abby pulled back and looked between the FBI agentthe NCIS one. "So, you guys came down here for a reason, right?" she "Anything you need me to do, it's done," she told

Kagome nodded. "Yeah, I came down to tell you that since NCIS and FBI are working this case levelly, it was decided that we should also have our forensic scientists work together too. Is that alright with

Abby bit her lip, grimacing. "I mean, yeah, I guess if that's what you want..."

Kagome laughed lightly. "Don't worry, we got a new scientist. Renolds retired a years ago."

Abby let out a huge, relieved sigh, laughing sheepishly. "Thank goodness! That old was nutty! Last time we worked together..." she trailed off suddenly, grimacing again. "Well, it wasn't pretty. Lot'syelling. Throwing stuff even..."

McGee snorted.

Kagome however chuckled. "Yes, well our new one is much younger than Renolds' seventy years, so he's more down to earth."

Her gaze began dancing'Well, looks a lot younger...'

"You'll like him, trust me. He's just down your alley, so to speak."Abby's curious look, she added, "You'll see..."

Abby giggled. "The suspense is killing me..." she joked, before wincing. "Ooh, bad joke, sorry..." she apologized, biting her

Kagome waved her off, shaking her head. "No need to tip toe around me, Abs. I'm sad, guilty, and depressed, sure. That's a natural part of grieving. But I'm also pissed like never before, and I want this jackoff dead with my bullet through his heart," she let her know, the passion and rage churning her orbs.

Then it began dissipating as she shook her head once more. "Point of all that was, I'm not going to break," she said, offering a smile meant to relieve her.

Abby smiled softly, understanding. "Yeah, I know what you mean," murmured. "I think we all do..."

--o--o--o--o--

As soon as the pair of them left, Ziva rose with the intent ofaway some files, which coincidentally belonged in the filing cabinet next to Tony's desk.

She rolled her eyes when she heard an overly obnoxious 'Pst'ing sound. Her first thought was to ignore it.

Too bad Tony was a stubborn thorn in her ass. "Pst! Pssssst! Ziva, pssssst!"went on, his eye twitching when she kept on ignoring him. "Psssssssssss-"

She whirled on him, eyes narrowed. "What?!" she demanded sharply.

Tony flinched back, staring at her with wide eyes. "Geeze, no need to get all worked up about it..."

Ziva took a deep breath, lest she whipped out her knife and slit her partner's throat. "What do you want Tony?" she groaned out resignedly, eager to go back to her desk.

Tony grinned sheepishly as his eyes turned shifty, eyeing Gibbs and Fornell as they conversed with serious expressions by his desk. Figuring it was safe to talk, he did, "So...Higurashi and McGoo?" he eyebrows raised.

Ziva blinked, somewhat astonished, but deep down she knew sheknown.wanted to gossip?!" she retorted incredulously.

Tony only grinned even wider at her. Scratching his neck nervously at her blank stare, he shrugged. "What? Don't you think it's

Ziva cocked an eyebrow at him. "You mean that she decided to go out with McGee instead of you? No, not at all..." she taunted him, her brown eyes dancing playfully.

Tony let out a low, mocking laugh. "Ha. Ha." Hiswas dry. "No, I mean the two of them together," he

Ziva rolled her eyes at him. "I do not know her as well as you do, Tony. How can I make a proper opinion about it?" she questioned

Tony scoffed softly, rolling his own eyes. "Oh don't give me that.at McDoofus. Then look at her. " His stare turned away from her,vacant.in the hell did McGeek nab a hot chick like her..." He shook his head. "Hell - what does she see in him..."

Ziva smirked, shaking her head. "What does he have that you do not?" she added slyly.

Tony nodded, somewhat paying attention but not really. He stopped in mid-nod, realization dawning across his face and he glared at her. "No!" he denied adamantly. "I just find it weird, that's all."

An amused smirk spread slowly across her face. "That is what is bothering you. She is..." she paused, unsure before continuing. "The one that went away, no?"questioned, eyebrows furrowed, before shaking her head. That does not sound right...," she muttered under her breath.

Tony snorted, snickering when she sent him a sharp stare. "First of all, it's 'the one that got away’," and his lips twitched at her almost inaudible huff. He grinned for almost a second, before frowning once hehis next words. "Second of all, no she's not."

Ziva shook an exasperated head at him. "Why can you not just befor McGee?"

Tony leaned back, tossing his arms behind the back of his head. "I am happy for McGoo...I'm ecstatic." His sarcastic tone said otherwise.

Ziva sighed, getting impatient at her partner's behavior. "I do not understand you sometimes Tony. I do not see the problem here."

Tony groaned quietly, making sure to keep the sound to a minimumthe two senior agents. "The problem is that it just doesn't make any sense!" he exclaimed in a whisper.

It made Ziva sniff in incredulity. "And now you are being childish. McGee has obviously found a decent, young woman to date. who is not abnormal. Be happy for him and be done with it," she almost pleaded, exasperated.

A snort from across the bullpen interrupted their conversation. The two of them turned to see Fornell chuckling wryly and they flushed nervously at being caught gossiping.

Well, Tony looked nervous, seeing Gibbs stare at him with thatstare of hid that just crept him out. Ziva looked mildly miffed on the other hand, particularly at Tony for dragging her into the conversation in the first place.

Fornell shook his head in an exasperatingly wry manner. "David, me when I say, Higurashi is nothing but abnormal..." he muttered, remembering her unique abilities.

The two younger agents shared a puzzled look, "What's that supposed to mean?" Tony inquired, curious to learn something about the seemingly fiery and at times, composed, FBI agent. Even Gibbs looked a bit interested.

However, Fornell only shook his head, intent on keeping theirsecret. "Just that you
don't know her anywhere near enough to classify her as 'normal'..." he retorted mysteriously.

Seeing as the conversation would go no further on that particular topic, Gibbs sent a sharp stare to his remaining two agents. "So, are you two gonna keep on gossiping like a couple of schoolgirls, or are yougonna get some work done around here?" he said in that authoritative, dry tone of his.

"Yes, Boss." The two snapped to attention, Ziva returning to her desk as calmly as ever while Tony all but rushed to get back to his computer, pretending to type to seem like he was actually doing work.

Fornell chuckled wryly as Gibbs sent him a smirk with a hint of

God, did they love their jobs...
--o--o--o--o--

Kagome and McGee walked back into the bullpen, going their separate ways as McGee went to his desk, while Kagome moved over to Fornell, who standing by Gibbs and his desk.

At her approach, Fornell spoke to her. "We're heading out tomorrow to take a look at the crime scene. You, me, and Kitsunto; we'll try looking for things they might have missed," he informed her, a hidden meaning behind words.

Gibbs snorted a little, as the rest of the team either glared or sent dry stares.

Kagome was the only one who fully understood Fornell"Of course."

--o--o--o--o--

As they made their way to their agency issued vehicle, Fornellat Kagome from the corner of his eyes.

"Call him," he allowed, once away from the prying lens of the dozens of cameras dotting NCIS HQ and its agents.

Without looking at him she nodded, fishing out her phone andAfter a few rings, the phone was picked up. Kagome rolled her eyes at sound of metal music blaring into her ear. "Kitsunto? It's Higurashi. We have a case for you..." she told him carefully.

She could practically hear the grin on his face."Finally! Something interesting to do!"

Kagome frowned unhappily. "Don't get too excited; this one hits to home. You'll be working with the forensic scientist from NCIS," she muttered.

An interested sound made it's way through the receiver. "NoRenolds told me about her! she the goth!"

Kagome let out a patient sigh, but couldn't help but feel a tidbit of amusement. "Yes, she is..."

A chuckle bubbled through the man's throat. "This is gonna be awesome..." he exclaimed, but then trailed off with an odd note to it.

A pause. "Wait...you said 'hit home'..." Kagome winced, for it. "Oh kami...Kagome...who?" he demanded concernedly.

Kagome's eyes clenched shut. "Trace, Ship...It was Trace," she despondently.

Another pause. "I'll get right on it."

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Words- 2,346
Lol, sooo Shippo is the FBI's forensic scientist lol. Now imagine Abby and him working together lmfaoo. Hilarity will ensue hahah XDD.

Anyways, how'd you like this chappy? Not really a lot of action being done in this chapter, but things start to roll in the next one when Fornell, Kagome, and Shippo check out the crime scene.

Till next time!

RainLilyXD

Converting /tmp/phpr3bYr0 to /dev/stdout