Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma X ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to her. This is a fanfiction, and is not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma series. The same can be said of the X-men: Evolution series and those who create it.

I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much. Some of the first part of the fic was written by the Author at the Anime Adventures. They are...Demonhawk01, Philip Weigel, Dr. What, the person who suggested Kuno's power and others. Thanks.

C&C welcomed at corpse_king_2000@yahoo.com

Ranma X
Chapter Five
//Psychic thought\\

Tatewaki Kuno was in a whole new world of pain as he experienced the transformation process that had been invented by the mutant Master of Magnetism. The young man was screaming out his lungs as he entered a new level of pain tolerance. He struggled in the tube that contained him as the neurogenetic eradiated him with the power that surged through his body reacting with the chemical formula that was injected into his body.

Magneto watched as the process worked itself out as it worked through the young man. He watched as the monitors showed the development of mutant abilities. He could even see what type of power was developing in the teenager. It was a powerful ability to generate light and control the power of the light. An interesting contrast to the power of Ranma Saotome which was based on the power of darkness. A warrior of light to counter the 'Dark' Sorcerer.

The machine stopped as it changed phases from the transformation mode to programming mode. It was a process that Magneto hadn't told the young man that he was going to go through. It would subliminally reprogram the young man so that he would follow Magneto more closely than if unprogrammed. It would also use simulations to train the teen in the uses of his powers in a virtual reality setting. It was another experimental process, so Magneto didn't know if it would work. But it was based on Mastermind's powers of false memories. Plus the tests had been so promising.

So the first of his newest Acolytes would be born in the crucible that he had forged himself. Gambit was still working on gathering Mousse so that he would gain the power. Sabretooth was also having luck tracking down the loose cannon known as Pantyhose Taro. They would be his next wave of warriors weaving the skills and powers of martial arts with the mutant abilities that they will gain under his direction.

If Ranma was any indication, the mixture of the martial arts and mutant powers created a powerful combination. A combination that he would use to create a world where mutants ruled over the human population. A world where mutant bigotry didn't exist. A world where mutants were the elite. A world that he would create.

The programming process would take much time to complete and Magneto needed time to plan his next test for Ranma. They would see how good the young teen was at the control of his art and his powers. To see if he deserved a place in the new world order. If he did, Magneto just needed a way to control the young man.

His path of control were many. Some desired power, some revenge on the humans that slighted them. And some he controled by controlling the fate of their loved ones. It wasn't a method that promoted great loyality, but it did grant him control over them. The question was how to use it against Ranma. His mother was the obvious choice, but she had escaped his grasp. It irked him, but he could fix that. He would find her and place her underfoot. But he still had other opitions to control the boy.

The boy had gathered around him a collection of girls that were linked to him by marriage or promises of marriage. A group of fiancees that had lived for him for the last year or so. Girls that he might be close to, girls that might be used to control the young teen. He just had to learn which one would gain him power over Saotome.

Back at the Xavier Institute...

Ranma was just finishing up the latest practice of their powers. He had decided to try it their way for the most part. He used his dark force power the way that they had asked him. It was a simple task of neutralizing a giant robot figure that the other X-men had met before.

Ranma was skilled at the attack, trying to see where he could do the most good, letting the others do what they did best. It was only after the exercise was done that Ranma asked if he could do the same exercise by himself. The others looking a bit shocked at him, but granted Ranma his request.

Ranma then used a combination of his martial arts skills and his mutant powers to take down the robot. It was a hard fight as Ranma came close to losing several times, but Ranma managed to destroy it.

Then he fainted.

That was what had brought Ranma to the infirmery for the second time. It had turned out that he had used up his energy. That giant robot had taken a lot out of Ranma. He had almost lost the battle with just the imitation of that robot. The real one would most likely be much tougher...or at least that was what the Professor had said. It had been one of the first real challenges he had faced since discovering that he was a mutant.

The Professor was there when he woke up. "Ranma I hope that you have learned a valuable lesson. You can't do everything by yourself. I know that you wanted to show you the fact that you can do many things by yourself. You have grown up with only your father as an aid and he aided you very little. But your are no longer alone."

"It was just a challenge. And I won didn't I?" Ranma said as he looked at the Professor.

"Yes, you did. But look at what it had cost you. You forced yourself to the edge of your abilities for a battle that could be won more easily with the combined effort of those who are part of your team. You need to learn to plan better and to use your abilities to the best you can use them. You showed evidence of this in the first simulation. But then you had to prove yourself. To those who done need to see it." The Professor said as he looked at the young man.

"Ranma, the X-men are a family. We work and live together to create bonds of trust. And your need to prove yoruself is a sign of a lack of trust. A believe that you can count on the others to help you out when you need it or that they can do the job just as well or better than you can. Ranma, you must come to trust us must believe in us as we believe in you." The Professor turned, to leave. But her turned back to look at Ranma. "Please."

Ranma thought about the conversation that he had with the Professor. In a way the Professor was right. He was use to relying on himself. He also had a trouble giving out his trust to others. Most of those who he had been friends with had abused his trust. He had little to give out with out fear that it might be trampled.

But he was getting close to this 'familiy', even if he didn't fully trust them yet. He could feel that they did believe in him and each other. But he didn't know what to do next. And that left him feeling uneasy.

Elsewhere...

Xavier was sitting in his study, the elder X-men were sitting around him. Hank and Ororo sat together on the couch, as Logan sat by himself. The topic of discussion was Ranma.

"So the kid beat the Sentinal simulation by himself. What's the big deal?" Logan asked comming to the point quite bruntly.

"And in doing so nearly drained himself of energy. He wasn't use to the power of the Sentinal or the massive power out put that he needed to use to destroy it. That last blast used up all of the power that he had stored up until that point. We're luck that he wasn't hurt further." Ororo said, her voice turning worried at the state of Ranma's health. "Why didn't anyone try to stop him?"

"I was curious to see if the boy could do it. He seemed sure of it. And he seemed tough enough for it." Logan said as he spoke up to the fact that he was the one in charge of the powers simulation. "And he did win."

"But this is more than him beating the simulation. It's the fact that young Mr. Saotome has a need to prove himself. He does seem able to work in a group, but has a need to do things himself. We have to teach him that it's okay to rely upon others." Hank said as he hit the issue on the head.

"I believe that Ranma is starting to open up to use. The fact that he had decided to work with the others was signs of proof that he is starting to trust and believe in the others. Still he is an independent force. He will need much work to make him a powerful member of the X-men." Xavier said. "It wasn't a good idea to let Ranma take on the Sentinal program. But it all might work out for the best. I think that Mr. Saotome is starting to learn that he can't do everything by himself."

"Still there is the question of his powers. They seem to be growing at a rate that is going beyond his normal development. His skills at his martial art seem to have helped him in his mutant abilities. Or more exactly his chi powers. I have very little knowledge of this power that seems to be the source of Ranma growth in power. I need to know more..." Xavier said as he turned to Logan.

Logan looked at the Professor. "Chi is the source of energy that is located in everything. From rock and sticks to animals and people. It's sorta like the life force of everything. It is used in martial arts as a sort of internal power with which the user can increase their physical abilities and create powerful new effects."

"Ranma has seemed to picked up a couple of unique attacks from old scrolls and ancient Amazon secrets. He can use a rapid speed attack, a chi blast created from his emotions and can use cold chi colliding with hot chi to create a tornado. Trust me I know from personal experience." Logan said as he refered to the sparring sessions that he had had with the boy.

"Interesting. So do you think that Ranma some how converts the power of his chi into power for his darkforce. Could that be where he is getting his power from?" Hank asked Trying to understand this new top of power that Logan was explaining to them.

"Ranma more like the other way around. Draining Darkforce power to enhance his normal chi. Or at least that was the way he explained it to me during one of our talks." Xavier said, adding "He also said that the two energies seemed to 'dislike' each other and it was a concious effort to use the combined power of the two energies. Perhaps the two energies are polar opposites, counteratcing each other and Ranma was born with a natural ability to blend the two power forms."

The Professor sighed. "We won't know the extent of the element of chi until Ranma teach the others how to harness that power. So for now we can only guess to that power. And hope that no one else learns of it."

Later...

Ranma walked the grounds, trying to train himself for more endurance. He figure that he needed more work on handling the powers that he held inside him. He kept thinking about the Professors words of trust. Could he really trust these people with his life? With their lives? It was a moment like this he wished that his mother was here.

Nodoka was one of the few people that Ranma trusted, even if she had been keeping things secret from him. Like her secret life as a expert on mutantion and genetics. Or the identity of his true father. It was questions like that he wanted to know from her. He hoped that she could someday tell him.

He was thinking these things as he ran, using his skill to turn the darkforce energy into chi that he could use to power his run for greater distance.

That's when he heard some noises following behind him. Like he was being chased. 'Who could that be?' Ranma though as the noises seemed to becoming closer. He needed to find a hidding spot from which he could see who hsi attacks could be.

He moved to a shadowed spot in the woods that surrounded the manor. Using his darkforce, he increase the level of darkness that was in the woods so that it would cloak him from view.

He waited until the noise caught up to him. And as Ranma looked through his darkness,he was shocked to see who it was that was looking through the woods to find him.

It was Kuno.

'What's he doing here?' Ranma thought to himself as he watched the psuedo- samurai stalk the woods like he was looking for his prey. The strangest thing was that Kuno had some strange armor that seemed to be made of glowing light. A light blue glow that formed the samurai-like body armor that shielded him.

"Come out, Dark Sorcerer. Come out and face the wrath of the Warrior of Light. Face the Blue Sun of Japan." Kuno said, as he moved his hand to the side and seemed to pull something out from his side. It truned out to be a blue sword, created from light. A blaze of brilliant blue light spread from the sword, neutralizing the darkness that Ranma had created in the woods. It become as normally lit as it was for that time of the day.

Ranma knew that it was only a matter of time before Kuno discoved him in the shadows of the woods. So he decided to act first. Surrounding himself with his darkforce aura that acted like a personal forcefield. Ranma had his defense ready. He also charged up some darkforce around his hands, getting ready for a powerful blast of darkforce.

Ranma burst from the brush. Ranma stood in front of Kuno. "I don't know how you got that power, but you still can beat me." Ranma said as he shot the blast of darkforce his hands at Kuno, planning to take him down fast and hard.

"Your evil powers over darkness is no match for my superior forces of light." Kuno said as he used his sword of light to counter the balls of darkness that Ranma was throwing at his long time rival. Of the first volley that Ranma shot out, only a couple hit Kuno. And those were absorbed by his blue armor. Ranma was surprised at the effectiveness of the darkforce, it seemed to have no effect on Kuno.

"Now taste the blazing truth of the Sword of Blue Sun." Kuno said as he launched himself towards the other mutant with sword in hand. The blade of the sword hit the darkforce shield that surround Ranma like a protective layer of armor. The sword bounced off of the layer of darkness. Kuno landed and looked at the sword in his hands as the light glowed meancingly. He looked upset at the swords lack of effect on Ranma.

"I will fight on..." Kuno said as he started his combat. Kuno started to slash and attack with the 'Sword of Light'. Each time, the hit deflected off. Just as the darkforce blast that Ranma fire at Kuno blasted off his armor. So far the fight was moving at a stand still.

Above The Fight...

Magneto was studying the fight from above the two fighters, hidden from detection. He was using one of his devices to measure the amount of power that was flowing from the two martial artist. And from the readings that he was getting, it was proving to be an interesting development. Each one was increasing their powers to counter the other's. But each time, they increased their powers so that the other had to increase his power to counter. The fighting was getting fiercier and fiercier.

Then Ranma took to the air. It looked like he was trying to gain an advantage over his opponent. He flew up and ready to fight the other teen. That's when Magento smiled. 'He doesn't know the extent of Kuno's new power.' Magneto thought as the Blue Sun was getting ready to show Ranma a surprise.

Kuno took to the air as well. "You are not the only one who can call the sky his second home. Behold the Blue Sun in his home element. The wraith of the divine is swift and sure. Have at thee." Kuno dismissed his light sword, and a blue glow surrounded his hands. From those hands lazer beams shot out to hit Ranma.

Ranma used some skill, dodging and flying out of the way. His skills in martial arts was comming in handy with the avoiding the attacks of the other teen. Only a few of the blasts hit the young man. Each shot sent Ranma back a distance, but Ranma kept coming back for more.

Ranma kept watching the fight and didn't like what he was seeing. It was the first time in a long time that Kuno was an equal match for him in a fight. Their blasts of energy wasn't doing anything to each other. Worse, it was taking more and more darkforce to counter light of 'The Blue Sun'.

Ranma needed a new way to counter the effect of Kuno. Like a cage or something to hold him. A cage... Maybe he could use his powers to create something to hold Kuno while he waited for help. His energy blasts might not have any effect, but a psi-blast might knock out the power up kendoist.

Ranma stopped his dodging and started concentrating on the kendoist. Focusing on a shell surrounding the 'Blue Sun'. Darkness formed from a spot in front of the other teen and quickly grew around Kuno. Kuno tried to escape from the sphere as it grew around him, but it was too late. The sphere contained the Light using martial artist. Kuno tried to counter the field by slashing at it with his remerged Sword of Light.

Then Kuno came up with something brightier. He created a ram of light inside the sphere, pushing at the edges of the sphere that had captured him. Ranma could see it through the sphere. It was taking more energy to hold the other mutant, the ram was warping the edges of the sphere making it twist and bend. So Ranma lowered his own personal Darkforce aura shield to gain more power for the shield. Energy surged to the shield and it held form.

It was the mistake that Magneto was looking for. Magneto didn't know if his magnetic abilities would work through the Darkforce, but the boy was now defenceless. Magneto used a magentic wave on the boy, to control the metals in his body. With any luck it would stun the young mutant.

Ranma started to feel nausated, sick to his stomache. Then it got worse as he body felt like it was being twisted from the inside out. He was lossing his concentration, yet he still he held the sphere. He looked around trying to see what was causing this feeling. That's when he saw Magento.

"Feeling the effects of my power now, boy. You might as well surrender to the power of the Master of Magnetism." Magento said, as he pressed his magentic powers on the boy.

"Go to Hell!!!" Ranma said as he tried to shoot of a bolt of Darkforce energy. The energy from the blast caused the sphere to warp in shape. The shot hit Magneto through his electro-magnetic field. But the bolt had been weakened from the attack Magneto was inflicting on Ranma. Magneto shugged it off.

"You might have beaten me by surprise before, but you have nothing left to surprise me." Magneto said, "And now you will fall." Magneto increase the power of the magnetic force on Ranma's body.

Ranma had to let go of something...either the Darkforce sphere or his conciousness. He released the Darkforce, freeing Kuno in a way that would have been comical if Ranma wasn't getting his body beaten by Magneto.

Kuno started towards Ranma. "No. Let me do it." Magneto said, as he stopped the new mutant. "You won't beable to hold out for long, Ranma. Just give up."

"Never, Buckethead!!!" Ranma said, as he slowly fell from the sky. It was becoming harder and harder to stay wake.

Then...Magento stopped as he was pushed back. From the distance the rest of the X-men could be seen.

//Leave him alone, Magneto.\\ Xavier sent to his old foe. //Or you will regret it\\

Magneto looked to Kuno and then to the X-men. "We leave him...for now." Then moves away from the young mutant. Kuno looked at Ranma for a minute.

"You are spared for the moment. Saviour these moments, while you can." Kuno said, before he flew to follow his new master.

Ranma looked up from where he had landed, to where his friends were waiting for him...