Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Samurai X Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings ❯ Ch. 25: Oliphaunt assault! ( Chapter 79 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-

A/n: sorry if I took so long to update. I just wanted you to know that I was trying to spend last week editing a few more chapters, but I didn't get to all of them yet, so hang tight. If we're lucky, I might be able to finish posting by the end of 2005, or by the beginning of 2006. Anyway, here's the next chapter, enjoy.

-

-

Chapter 25: Oliphaunt assault! Trouble for the Rohirrim

The 6000 Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields continued mercilessly fighting the Orcs that have invaded Gondor, nearly taking Minas Tirith. Left and right, Éomer, Éowyn, Misao, Merry, Sanosuke, and Saito fought their hardest, against the Orcs. Éomer used one of the Orc's pikes to use against him. And with his Zanbatou, Sanosuke continued batting away the Orcs that were in his path. Saito continued to slice skillfully into many of the Orcs as well, even using a Gatotsu or two, when he fought.

Misao also fared well against Mordor's armies, using her trained ninja skills with a sword to cut down the Orcs. She even used her spear like a Bo staff, countering many other Orcs. Merry and Éowyn were exceptionally skilled as the Hobbit and Lady of Rohan stabbed down into the Orcs.

The Orcs lost their motivation by the hands of the fearless Rohirrim… and began to retreat towards Osgiliath, and Mordor.

"Drive them to the river!" Éomer called out, ordering his squad to chase after the Orcs.

"Alright, we've got 'em on the run, guys!" cried Sanosuke, triumphantly.

"Make safe the city!" cried Théoden, also triumphantly as he pulled his horse up, gazing at the retreating army of Mordor…

But then…

Voices of an indistinct language came from Pelennor Fields that wasn't of the Orcs as Théoden, Sanosuke, Saito, Misao, and the rest looked away from Minas Tirith, toward Osgiliath…

To see a line of 20 or more giant pachyderm-like creatures called Oliphaunts, or Mûmakil, marching towards them, ready for battle, with unfamiliar horns sounding away…

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

The horns were blown by the Harad Shamans, who stood on top of each of the Oliphaunts' heads, covered in war paint, as were the Oliphaunts' heads and trunks, and fitted with great spiked ceremonial frames upon their backs. They were the ones who guided and drove the great beasts to the battle. And each stride of the Mûmakil's great legs caused the ground to tremble, some of their tusks were fitted with cruel spikes, a band of spikes surrounded each foot, and upon their mighty backs were fixed tall war towers with many archers of the Haradrim.

"Oh man," said Sanosuke in disarray, watching the Oliphaunts, "this doesn't look good."

Théoden and the others watched in fear, as the Haradrim cried out once more in their native language… and began charging the Oliphaunts toward the Rohirrim, making the ground tremble even more greatly than the Rohirrim when they charged against the Orcs.

The great warrior king of Rohan, knowing how greatly outmatched he was once more, gritted his teeth together, for the next stage of the battle…

"Reform the line!" ordered Théoden, as the riders hastily formed a line on either side of their king, preparing to charge against the Haradrim, "reform the line!"

Misao was even trembling at the sight of the giant elephant-like creatures as they reared their heads high in the air… preparing their assault. It was certainly worse than when she and the other Oniwaban group members, back in Kyoto, went up against the giant called Fuji when he attacked the Aoiya. Sanosuke and Saito maintained their hardened expressions, willing to take on this new enemy…

"Sound the charge!" Théoden yelled for their horns to be sounded, "take them head on!"

Hrrrooooommmmmmmmmm!!!!! Gamling and others sounded their horns…

"Charge!" ordered Théoden.

The Rohirrim launched into a full gallop, charging with all their might against the Harad beasts of War. Misao and Éowyn roared out their cries, willing to meet the Haradrim, conquering their fears. The Riders of Rohan and the Haradrim were charging at the same pace, making the ground beneath them quiver and shake…

As the two opposing forces came together…

The Oliphaunts swung their massive heads, their long tusks sweeping through the ranks of Horsemen, sending Man and beast tumbling to their deaths or cutting into them with the spikes attached to some of those tusks. They also used their enormous feet tromping on Man and horse. Many of the riders were dodging the Oliphaunts avoiding to be the Haradrim in the towers upon their backs shot arrow after arrow into the Horsemen below, falling many riders.

"Cut him down!" the Riders cried out.

The Rohirrim fought back, aiming their bows high at the war towers fitted on the Mûmak's back. Some of them rode under the beasts, in an attempt to kill them, like Gamling did as he went bravely in between one of the beast's legs, along with two Rohirrim, who were easily crushed by the hind legs. Gamling, keeping up with the Oliphaunt's pace, aimed an arrow at its belly, and shot it, but it had no effect on the creature.

The riders managed to kill many Haradrim, but it was Rohan who suffered many casualties. The Haradrim clearly had the advantage in this part of the battle. Some of the Oliphaunts with poles of spikes fitted in between the tusks plowed into the Rohirrim and their horses, cutting them in two. The shaman drivers of the Oliphaunts grinned wickedly as they carried out their acts of carnage upon the Rohirrim, watching the horsemen being trampled by their beasts, and cut by their spikes.

"Faster!" cried out another group of Rohan riders, trying to avoid being trampled, "follow me!"

Éomer rode in front of the Mûmakil and turned around, eyeing the shaman in front of the War tower near the Oliphaunts head. As the Oliphaunt smashed one of the Rohirrim… Éomer growled fiercely, eager to kill the beast. The Shaman who Éomer spotted immediately went for him, to let his Oliphaunt crush him like an insect. But Éomer switched hand positions with his spear… and threw it at the shaman, hitting him in the chest.

The Shaman fell from the beast and hung from one of the guide ropes attached to its ears. With the pressure on the one ear, the oliphaunt turned in that direction… and collided with another animal. The two massive beasts went down in a heap, throwing the Men from their war towers and crushing many on top of each other.

Sanosuke also clashed with the Oliphaunts, using his Zanbatou to hit the beasts in the leg, making them squeal and writhe in pain as they were being crippled by his attacks. The Oliphaunts stumbled and fell… throwing the Harad soldiers from their war towers, injuring them or were crushed by their beasts of War.

Sanosuke kept dodging the arrows and pitch-forked like spears thrown by the Haradrim, countering them with his Zanbatou, even avoided being trampled by the giant bulks of terror. On one of the Oliphaunts that had a pole of spikes fitted in between the tusks, Sanosuke lifted the Zanbatou over his head… and used it to snap the pole in two, successfully charging under the beast… and injured its hind legs.

The street brawler went to use his Zanbatou to break one of the Mûmakil's tusks.

However…

SNAP!

The Zanbatou broke under extreme pressure, injuring many Oliphaunts at a time. Sanosuke gasped as the Oliphaunt tried to turn its head to toss him into the air. But Sanosuke easily charged his horse away from the Oliphaunt, but not without it following him. Sanosuke then turned around seeing the beast charge at him. However… he found that the Zanbatou did crack the Oliphaunt's tusks and grinned, as he charged towards the beast, readying his fist for a Futae no Kiwami attack.

The Oliphaunt swung its tusks at Sanosuke…

But ducked under the assault, spotting the crack that his Zanbatou made before it broke…

"Futae no Kiwami!" Sanosuke cried out his attack, aiming for the crack…

CRUUUSSSSSHHHH!!!!!!

An d part of the Oliphaunt's tusk crumbled into dust particles, while the other part fell onto the ground. The Mûmak beast bellowed and screeched in pain after losing its tusk to the Street fighter from Japan.

-

Saito also had one of the Oliphaunts chase him, dodging every spear and arrow that the Harad threw at him. The lone wolf of Mibu then grabbed one of the Rohirrim's spears with his left hand… and turned to face the 100ft terror of the Haradrim, standing where he was.

"Lord Saito!" yelled Gamling, "what are you doing? Get away from it!"

-

-

The Shaman thought, with a malicious grin, that Saito had lost all hope of fighting against the Mûmakil's might… and charged even faster so he could stomp him into the ground like his other comrades…

Saito also smirked when the Mûmak beast charged head on, with its spikes ready to cut him in half…

"GATOTSU ZERO STYLE!" Saito roared out, using his upper-body strength to throw the spear in his left hand, like a swift bullet…

BLAMMMM!!!!

And pierced through the Oliphaunt's head, with blood spitting out of its cranium, and impaled the Shaman, through the stomach and groin. The driver fell dead, with the blood covered all over him. The Mûmakil then swooned and swooned from its injury… and collapsed to the side, tossing more of the Haradrim down onto the ground.

-

The Samurais' arrival in the outskirts of Kyoto provided a tremendous amount of support for the Imperial army and Galadhrim. The Galadhrim swords struck back fiercely at the Orcs. The Army's rifles and bayonets swiftly cut down the enemy one by one, fighting like old Samurai, whose spirits have been revived by the arrival of their brethren.

The Red Samurai sliced down into the Orcs and Easterlings, outmatching their strength. Suddenly… he sensed that something was about to pounce on him…

And turned his horse, swinging his sword high… cutting into a Warg-rider, and then swiftly did away with Warg by slitting its throat.

Yamagata and Kawaji also fought mercilessly using their saber swords to strike down each Orc, Uruk, and Easterling that they came across. Glorfindel gazed in admiration at the Men of Japan fighting side by side with one another, forgetting their differences that shook them apart, fighting as one against Mordor. It was like finding kindred spirits in a foreign world to this Elf of Rivendell.

The Samurai plowed through the ranks of Mordor like an unstoppable flood of water that slowly engulfed them. Despite the Uruks' natural ability to not fear any death in battle, as well as the Easterlings' war-like tactics with their polearms, the Samurais' spirits and relationships with their weapons were incomparable to the enemy. The tides have now turned for Japan as the Orcs and their allies became filled with apprehension to the overwhelming force and spirits of the Samurai, and began to retreat.

"After them!" ordered the Red Samurai, "drive them to the hills!"

"It seems we have victory, Mr. Yamagata," said Kawaji with pride…

But something came out of nowhere, tossing the Samurai horsemen into the air. Kawaji's expression turned from joy to shock and fear, as well as the rest…

When giant 50-100ft elephant-like creatures with great towers upon their backs, filled with crowds of men, garbed from head to toe, wearing trinkets of wealth and value in jewels or ornament. Others were wearing masks of hide, bamboo, or bone…

The Haradrim with their Oliphaunts have come to Kyoto. The Harad began firing arrows and spears that were like pitchforks, striking down the riding Samurai. The Oliphaunts bellowed and screeched greatly as they charged on with a thunderous din shaking upon the ground.

The Samurai and Imperial Army were filled with great fear as they saw more of their brethren being tossed into the air by the Oliphaunts' great tusks. Just when victory was within their grasps, more trouble seemed to arrive at every turn. However, the Samurai were ready to take them on, even if they die in the attempt…

"ATTAAAAAAACKKKKKK!!!!!" roared the Red Samurai, as the other Samurai roared along with him…

And charged against the Haradrim, firing their arrows at them, falling a soldier. However, the Haradrim struck back, killing the Samurai with their arrows and spears. The Imperial Army aimed their rifles at the giant, elephant-like terrors and fired them simultaneously, trying to kill them. The bullets affected the Oliphaunts a little, and screeched in pain.

The Galadhrim did the same, firing their arrows at the Oliphaunts, making them rear on their hind legs, making some of the Haradrim fall from the towers, while others held on to them.

-

Hiko's company in the Higashi district were heading in the vicinity of the five-story Yasaka tower, as they chased some Warg riders up ahead, while Warg riders from behind the defenders shot arrows. The riders in front of the riding defenders began to go up Hiko then looked to his side to see the stairway, deciding to climb it up with the others following him.

"Let's split up!" cried Hiko to Katsu, Ishimura, Shiro, and Kuro, "you go on ahead after them, while I take these bozos from behind."

"Right!" replied Shiro affirmatively.

Hiko heeled his Warg in a canter, turning it in the direction of his pursuers… and jumped high into the air. The master of Hiten Mitsurugi held his sword in position.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Style… Kuzu Ryu Sen!" he cried…

SWWWOOSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The force from his attack swept through the whole line of the pursuing Warg riders, with none escaping the impact. The Orcs and Wargs were completely struck down, with Hiko smirking to his victory. But trouble was up ahead…

As a new wave of Warg riders came up the street, with a band of Olog-Hai attack trolls alongside them. Hiko frowned at the incoming host.

"I guess you jerks will never learn," he grimaced.

-

One of the Trolls took a swing at Hiko, but he ducked, then made a swing upwards, instantly cutting off the Troll's arm. The beast wailed out in his agony as he fell down and curled itself into a ball. Hiko's Warg then jumped onto another Troll, and took a large bite at the neck, tearing away deeply at its flesh, making a grave enough wound, that made the creature collapse onto the ground, dying. The Warg charged at another troll, swiftly dodging its club swings, and Hiko sliced the Troll just below the midriff. Then one of the Trolls had the element of surprise, ambushing Hiko from behind, as it prepared to deal its blow to the swordsman…

SWIPE!

But something stopped the Troll as it was hit away by a surprising swing. Hiko turned around… to see a very large man, scaling higher than any building in Kyoto. The Giant had long flowing white hair, fitted with armor over his body. The Trolls charged at the Giant, but he was too powerful for them to overcome. The Giant dealt swift blows to each Troll, using his large blade weapon to cut them in half, or impale them, through their tough armor. The Master of Hiten Mitsurugi smirked in recognition to the Giant that arrived at his defense.

"I had that one, Fuji," said Hiko to the Giant.

The Giant that Hiko named Fuji replied smugly, "I know, Master Hiko. Just like you had me when we first fought each other."

"We'll catch up on old times later, Fuji," said Hiko, "right now, lets just stomp on these creeps like garbage."

"I agree," answered Fuji, with a loud roar, "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!"

"YAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Hiko roared along with Fuji, heading back into the battle…

The Police and Samurai within Kyoto, in the Kamikyo district also began running in fear… as other Oliphaunts began marching into the city. The Shaman drivers chuckled viciously seeing the Men scatter before the might of the Haradrim. Wargs assisted in the chase as them pounced onto more men, eating them as food. Some of the Samurai and Police began to fire their rifles, hitting the Oliphaunts and some Harad soldiers. Spotting this, the Haradrim returned fire with their arrows striking down the Police officers.

Rumil, Okina, Megumi, Ayame and Suzume, and the company of Elven Horsemen halted in their tracks and gasped with horror, seeing the Oliphaunts come their way.

"Nurta (Hide)!" called out one of the horsemen, as they all galloped towards an alleyway.

One by one, the whole company of horsemen entered the alley, then everyone dismounted and hid themselves in the corners, trying not to be noticed.

"What are those things?" asked Okina.

"They are creatures of legend," answered Rumil, "they are called Mûmakil, or Oliphaunts to the Halflings of the Shire. The Haradrim use them in battle to cause panic and terror to their enemies."

"They seem too big to be controlled," commented Megumi, "how did they manage to do it?"

"I'm afraid… that we have no answer to that my lady," replied Rumil, "its all a complete mystery to us as well."

"I'm willing to bet," said Okina, pointing to the painted man on the Oliphaunts' heads, "that those men covered in paint were responsible for controlling these beasts."

Rumil observed Okina's suspicions and brightened as if the old man had realized something…

"I think that you're correct," said Rumil in enlightenment.

"We should take one of the Oliphaunts for ourselves," suggested Okina.

"That sounds like a good idea," replied Rumil, with a smile.

Everyone, including Megumi and the children went up a building, and lay upon the roof, where they hid quietly while Rumil, another Elf and Okina went up ahead, trying to capture one of the Mûmak beasts.

"Orophin," Rumil said quietly to his fellow Elf, "lle auta yeste' (you go first)."

The Elf nodded in affirmation.

The trio hid quietly as they let each Oliphaunt pass, until the last one came up…

And Orophin jumped into the war tower that was on the Oliphaunt's back, attacking the Harad soldiers, gracefully dodging the troops with a single step and cutting them down with his staff-like sword. Soon after… Rumil and Okina joined along, leaping gallantly onto the Mûmak's frame platform. Okina, who still had an Uruk weapon handy, swiftly cut into each soldier. Rumil killed each soldier with an Elven sword that once belonged to a dear friend of his. Okina then jumped the Shaman on the Oliphaunt's head, punching him in the stomach, and kicked him off the Oliphaunt.

The old ninja grabbed the reins… and steadied the creature with his ninja skills with the Oniwaban group. Rumil and Orophin did away with the last of the Harad soldiers, throwing them from the tower. When all was clear, Okina edged the beast toward the roof of the building where the others were hiding.

"So," said Megumi as everyone boarded the war towers, to which the children gasped in wonder and amazement, "I guess this is our new ride."

"Not too shabby if I say so myself," Okina replied slyly, "I wonder if any girls would be impressed, heh, heh heh!"

Rumil gave an embarrassed expression to the old man's shrewd statements. But now, they had a giant weapon to fight against the Orcs as Okina gave the command to the Oliphaunt to ride.

The Haradrim on another war tower continued to strike down the enemy below, until… a slew of Elven arrows shot out of nowhere, hitting the Harad soldiers in the chest. The others turned to look behind them…

To see an old man charging an Oliphaunt towards them, with its head ready to plow into them. The Haradrim winced in surprise and shock to see one of their beasts turning against them. Okina then pulled the reins, making the Oliphaunt rear its head… and used its tusks to impale its fellow Oliphaunt in the back. The creature bellowed in pain as it fell, face down, letting the Oliphaunt that stabbed it to trample all over him, as well as the Haradrim that rode upon it.

The Police and Samurai turned their heads, observing that one of the Oliphaunt terrors had turned to their side and cheered triumphantly. Ayame and Suzume smiled upon seeing the cheering faces of the defenders.

"Alright you mongrels," snarled Okina, "face the wrath of the Oniwaban group, HA!"

Omasu and Ochika exceptionally handled themselves against the Orcs using Aiglos and Hadhafang. The Orcs' spines chilled greatly as they began to fear the women using the ancient elvish weapons. Suddenly… the two Oniwaban women heard a screech, turned to look into the air…

-

And saw two Fell beasts flying straight towards them. The winged terrors of Mordor grabbed Ochika and Omasu with their claws… and took them up into the air. Omasu and Ochika held on for dear life as they both struggled against the Fell beasts that were taking them for a ride across the skies above the city. The beasts' claws tried to slice and maul at the valiant women, but they used the elvish weapons to hold off the beasts.

Omasu managed a flip, escaping from the winged monster's claw… and grabbed its tail and kept her grip onto the creature, not letting go. As the Fell beast kept thrashing about in the air, she slowly, yet cautiously climbed up the beast's tail…

Ochika had managed a flip of her own, but landed upon the back of the Fell beast that she was riding on. She too held on for her life as her beast thrashed about, trying to throw her off. The persistent female ninja took any assault that the Fell beast threw at her…

Omasu continued to climb up her Fell beast's back, trying to get to the Ringwraith that was riding on it, which was the Black commander for Sauron's armies in Kyoto. Ochika was much closer to the Ringwraith on the other Fell beast… and grabbed him from behind the back. The wraith struggled against Ochika and Hadhafang as he fought back with his sword.

Omasu also took her wraith by surprise as she tried to use Aiglos to stab him. But the wraith's strength seemed incomparable to the female ninja as the wrath grabbed Aiglos and drew his sword to counter the spear that Omasu wielded. Both women fought vigorously against the Black captain and his subordinate, not willing to back down.

In the midst of fighting…

Both Fell beasts were stabbed accidentally, making the creatures bellow in pain and agony. The beasts both began to fall down at a slow pace, that was getting faster, and faster each moment, until…

CRASH!

The beasts crashed onto the ground, reeking from their injuries. Omasu and Ochika tumbled very hard onto the ground, with their elvish weapons in hand. The women groaned as they suffered from pains in their backs and on their knees. However, the injuries were not very serious. They would recover in time… but not quick enough as the Black commander and the other wraith, who were both men of Japan, converted by the Witch-king of Angmar, stood up with weapons raised, preparing to kill Omasu and Ochika…

"Anyone who stands against the Nazgûl," said the black commander, "…will pay with their lives."

Omasu and Ochika gasped in fear, as they were about to meet their end when the wraiths pointed their swords downward toward them, ready to give the final blow…

-

Then Elladan and Elrohir surprisingly jumped the wraiths from behind, pulling them away from the women. The Elven twins of Elrond struggled against the undead servants of Sauron, but suffering from injuries themselves, the wraiths easily threw them aside, landing hard onto the ground. Infuriated with the twins' interference, the wraiths aimed their swords at them…

CLING!

But the swords were knocked away from them. The two wraiths turned around…

-

To see Ochika and Omasu, glaring at them with angry expressions, holding Aiglos and Hadhafang defiantly. The two women roared out their battle cries…

And used the elvish weapons to slice the wraiths in the neck. Both wraiths shrilled as they started to implode and crumple from the inside. Omasu, Ochika, Elrohir and Elladan watched in surprise as the wraiths were disintegrating before their eyes.

Kuro, Shiro, Katsu, and Ishimura, on their horses continued to fight against the Orcs in the Chukyo district of Kyoto…

Chou and Henya worked together against the Orcs in the Kita district, with Henya throwing his packs of dynamite, at the enemy… and Chou successfully fending off the Orcs with his Hakujin no Tachi…

Seijuro Hiko, joined along with Fuji, persisted ardently on their assault against Mordor's armies within the Higashi district of Kyoto. Fuji continued using his giant sword to strike down every attack Troll and Warg-riders that he came across, while Hiko, used his sword to slice into each Orc and Uruk like they were soft butter…

Sojiro Seta and Radagast the Brown upon their horse continued to hold off against the enemy in the Sakyo district. Sojiro handled Orcrist skillfully as he would any other sword. Radagast wildly continued to twirl and swing his staff, hitting into the enemy like a true master of beasts…

-
Okina continued riding his Oliphaunt throughout the Kamikyo district of Kyoto, with a company of Galadhrim riding the war towers, striking down into the enemy fighters below…

And on the outskirts of Kyoto, the Red Samurai's company with the aid of the Imperial Army and most of the Galadhrim were fending off against the Haradrim that were overtaking them in their Oliphaunts. The Oliphaunts continued trampling over the Samurai and many of the soldiers of the Imperial army who were on the ground, but struck back nonetheless, and began falling each of these great beasts.

The fighters both inside the city as well as outside persisted in protecting Japan from Sauron, no matter what the cost may be.

-

É owyn and Merry continued to guide their horse dodging through the legs of the massive Oliphaunts that were laying siege to their fellow riders on Pelennor Fields.

"Take the reins." Éowyn told Merry, giving the reins to the Hobbit, "pull him left!"

While Merry had hold over the reins while riding… Éowyn managed to snatch a sword from an Orc that they passed by.

"Left!" she instructed Merry.

Merry directed the horse successfully, narrowly avoiding being crushed. The Hobbit slowly became used to the horse, dodging the war beasts of the Harad. Then… riding underneath one of the huge beasts, Éowyn used the sword in her left hand to cut the tendons in one of the legs of an Oliphaunt, and the other sword to cut the other leg. Then rode to the hind legs… and used both swords to cut both legs in a simultaneous swipe. The Oliphaunt immediately dropped heavily to its knees unable to use its legs… and slowly rolled to its side crushing the war tower and the men within.

-

-

Misao rode with all her will and strength mustered, wanting to see her Lord Aoshi again. As one of the Mûmakil neared her, with a connecting pole of spikes between its tusks, she rushed forward, and turned her horse to dodge the massive tusks of the Oliphaunt, and began riding underneath the creature as Éowyn and Merry had done. With her spear raised…

She twirled it around, surgically slicing the front left leg… then the hind right leg of the beast, instantly crippling the creature, making it toss and tumble on either side and throwing more Harad soldiers onto the ground.

"Aim for their heads!" Éomer called out, with his bow raised at one of the Mûmakil.

Éomer fired his arrow, followed by other arrows and spears of the Rohirrim, aiming for the eyes of the Mûmak creature that he shot at. The beast reared up, trumpeting in pain. Saito grabbed one of the Easterlings' short polearms… and threw it at one of the Oliphaunts, like one of Gimli's throwing axes, hitting the creature's neck, making it squeal in agony…

-

"Bring it down! Bring it down! Bring it down!" Théoden cried out repeatedly to his soldiers, as they fired arrows and spears at another Oliphaunt, making it rear up on its hind legs as well.

-

Misao continued her hardest as she used her horse to jump onto one of the Oliphaunts' tusks, when it reared its head into the air. Misao's horse jumped again and she pulled out her kunais for throwing…

"Kansatsu Tobikunai!" she cried out as her kunais hit the Shaman and some of the Harad on the war towers.

Her horse then bumped into the head of the Oliphaunt with a great amount of force… that the massive creature began to stumble in its standing…

-

As it fell into another Oliphaunt, making that creature fall into another neighboring creature. Misao then used her horse to jump onto the heads of the other falling Mûmaks…

-

And successfully jumped back onto the ground as all three Mûmaks crashed onto the ground, crushing many Harad soldiers, while others were thrown onto the ground. Misao grinned triumphantly as she delighted in taking down three Oliphaunts single-handedly.

The Haradrim that were thrown onto the ground began picking themselves up, steadying for the fight. But then--

"Hey, you guys want to play with me!" a voice came out…

It was Sanosuke charging upon Hasufel. The Harad were unprepared for the reckless street fighter as he used his fierce punches upon them and even kicked some of the soldiers up the jaw. One of the Haradrim then charged against Sanosuke with his pitchforked spear… but Sanosuke grabbed the spear and used the butt of the spear to smash into the Harad's eye and nose.

-

Éowyn grabbed one of her Rohirrim's spears and threw it at an Oliphaunt's hind leg as it was being attacked. However… Éowyn noticed a little too late that the Oliphaunt was about to fall on her and Merry and tried to turn her horse out of the way…

But the horse ended up falling down, sending Merry and Éowyn flying from its back.

"You guys!" Misao gasped in horror fearing that her friends were about to be smashed.

As Éowyn was on the ground, she quickly noticed that the Oliphaunt's head was about to crush her and quickly scrambled out of the way. However… Merry appeared to be nowhere in sight. Neither Éowyn, nor Misao, could find him anyplace on the field.

"Merry!" Éowyn cried out to the Hobbit, fearing for his safety…

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin or Lord of the Rings. RK is the property of Nobuhiro Watsuki and Lord of the Rings is the property of Professor J. R. R. Tolkien