Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Samurai X Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Rurouni Kenshin and the Lord of the Rings ❯ Ch. 26: Nazgūl and Prey ( Chapter 80 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-

A/n: Happy Halloween everybody! I hope everyone's going trick or treating this year. However, I won't be able to because I don't have a costume. Sometimes I wish they would have an Aragorn costume on sale, you know. By the way, did any of you know that on Halloween… Peter Jackson was born? Well, I did… and for some time, you know. He was born on October 31, 1961, and is now 44 years old.

I certainly wish Peter a happy birthday today, as I hope that many of you can. Anyway, here's the next chapter. Enjoy, and Happy Halloween.

-

-

Chapter 26: Nazgûl and Prey, Éowyn and Misao vs. the Witch-king

-

-

Inside Minas Tirith, the city was in chaos. The Witch-King of Angmar and his Nazgul in Middle-Earth continued flying through the city as the people made their way to the fifth level of the city. However… the army of Orcs and trolls had made their way to the fifth level as well.

The gates were closed with the human defenders on one side and the enemy on the other. An Olog-Hai troll used its huge hammer to batter the door. All seemed hopeless for Gondor, as everyone knew that when the gate goes, the citadel would be lost and no king would ever claim the throne… Gondor would fall.

BASH! The troll continued to use its mighty hammer against the gate.

Many Gondorian soldiers on the other side had spears up at the ready. Behind the soldiers, there was the light-yellow colored horse called Thendred. However, Aoshi was not riding upon the horse… but a Gondorian soldier, who was not a captain, neither was he of any rank nor title of lordship. His name was Beregond, son of Baranor, one of the guards of the citadel, along with Pippin, that were being called down for the battle earlier. Aoshi had randomly selected him to help and lead in the evacuation of the lower levels.

Beregond was overcome with uncertainty when he was chosen, but the men willingly obeyed his commands, and many of the people were successfully gathered up towards the citadel. But now… Beregond, with the other defenders were cornered against the invaders of Mordor behind the gate, with almost absolutely no hope of fending off the soldiers, once the gate breaks down.

Beregond turned his head towards Gandalf, Aoshi, and Pippin, who huddled together on a little terrace near the gate.

"My lord," he said despairingly, "we cannot hold for much longer. The strength of the Olog-hai is too great for us to withstand!"

Aoshi nodded somberly, knowing that this time… there was no chance of defense, feeling that he had nothing left, as did Gandalf and Pippin. Beregond then turned his attention back towards the gate, willing to die for his land.

As he did, Pippin turned to Aoshi and said sadly, "…I didn't think it would end this way, Aoshi."

"…Neither did I," replied Aoshi.

"End?" interjected Gandalf in surprise, as he shook his head with a gentle smile playing about his lips, "…no, the journey doesn't end here, my friends."

Aoshi and Pippin were surprised to hear such a puzzling remark of contentment from Gandalf.

Gandalf went on, compassionately, "death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass… and then you see it."

"What, Gandalf?" Pippin asked eagerly, "…see what?"

"…What is it… that we would see, Gandalf?" Aoshi added his question…

Moments passed…

"…White shores, Aoshi… and beyond," Gandalf answered with a smile, before he finished, his eyes far away, "…a far green country, under a swift sunrise."

Gandalf breathed a sigh of contentment as he said those words with soft pride and dignity. Aoshi could not help but grin at Gandalf's representation of death, as he felt that Hannya and the others… must've seen the same thing when they died.

"…Well," said Pippin, full of relief after seeing Aoshi's reaction, "…that isn't so bad."

"No," agreed Gandalf as he shook his head slowly, with his eyes crinkling down at the Hobbit, "…no it isn't."

Aoshi also nodded in agreement.

BASH!

The troll continued to batter the gate and Gandalf signaled for Pippin and Aoshi to prepare themselves with a nod of his head. The Hobbit nodded with a nervous swallow and gripped his sword tighter, as Aoshi closed his eyes, musing about…

'Hannya, Beshimi, Hyottoko, Shikijo… I remember when you all died to protect me. It seems that I'll die protecting Gondor. If you all have seen what Gandalf represented as death in its true form, as a journey across the sea to a green land…

'…Then I'm happy to say that I'm willing to go to that green country with you.'

Upon Pelennor Fields…

Théoden became cornered by a horde of Orcs, fending them off by himself. Éowyn, with her helmet still covering her face, raced off to her uncle's defense, drawing the attention of the Orcs to her.

Théoden looked to his side a moment, seeing a lone soldier on foot, examining that one very carefully… as if he thought he knew who it was, by the way that soldier fought. However… he knew that he needed to think about it later, and continued to fight the Orcs.

Orcs were hindering Misao as they gained up on her horse, making it rear on its hind legs and collapsing onto the ground. Misao quickly jumped off her horse before he fell. Some of the Orcs rushed at her, but she countered every one of them, dealing swift kicks and punches to them.

Nearby… Saito, as he sliced an Orc upon his horse Eothor, took a small peek at a soldier that kept jumping and kicking the Orcs and gave a wide smirk…

"It looks like these creeps are being outclassed by a weasel," noted Saito smugly.

Merry emerged from the ground, crawling out from under the Mûmak that had narrowly crushed him, as well as Éowyn. His helmet had slipped off his head during the fall. The Hobbit coughed out some dust as he picked up his sword…

Then one of the Southrons ambushed Merry, coming at him with a spear. Merry struck him down at the neck, and then an Orc came at him next, countering him with a few side slashes to the belly. Another Orc took Merry by surprise lifting him from the ground. But Merry managed to use his sword to slit the Orc's throat and stab him a few times in the side near the hip, and then they both collapsed on top of each other.

Éowyn pressed on, dealing swift blows to the Orcs on all sides as they came at her one by one. The shieldmaiden plunged her sword into one of the Orcs, then kicked her foot onto the Orc's chest to help pull the blade out of him.

Suddenly… Gothmog came at Éowyn, using his only functional arm to swing his sword. With a few swings, Éowyn countered Gothmog, locking their blades together. The hideously deformed Orc snarled at the courageous fighter, who snarled at him in return, using a free hand to punch Gothmog in the face. Gothmog made a broad swing up high, but Éowyn ducked quickly, then twirled around to strike the Orc behind the upper leg, causing the Orc to fall to the ground, being maimed.

-

-

-

-

-

Okina enjoyed driving his Oliphaunt throughout Kyoto, and smashing the enemies that have invaded. The Police, Samurai, and the civilians cheered greatly for the change of fortune in this long and hard battle.

"Look at all those people cheering," said Okina, shrewdly, "I wish I could see the ladies cheer me on."

"What a dirty old man," said an exasperated Megumi.

-

Suddenly… a force of Orcs jumped onto the Oliphaunt that Okina was riding, instantly overtaking the Galadhrim, who were riding in the war towers. Rumil, Orophin, and the others fought back against the Orcs as Megumi shielded the Ayame and Suzume in her arms. Okina, on the other hand, defended himself skillfully against the Orcs that tried to overtake him. The other Galadhrim fought with their staff-like swords as more Orcs continued to try to get into their war tower. As Rumil continued fighting… his hand was slit by one of the Orcs and ended up dropping his sword. Orophin then came to his aid, as he grudgingly thrust his blade through the Orc's back.

"Hannon le, toror' nîn (Thank you, my brother)," said Rumil to Orophin, who nodded graciously.

An Orc took Megumi by surprise as he grabbed her from behind, making her squeal in fright and released the children. Ayame and Suzume tried to hide somewhere as they could only watch as their protectors were being tortured and overrun. Megumi, while being taken by surprise, managed to use her elbow to clobber the Orc in the face. Another Orc charged at Megumi… but she managed to kick the Orc in the stomach, making him crash onto the floor. One of the Galadhrim used his knife against the Orcs, but was batted away, landing near the frightened children…

Megumi pressed on to knock out more Orcs as they came along… but an Orc finally seized Megumi, tackling her from behind, then pinned her to the wall as he drew his blade to stab her. Megumi quickly used a free hand to grab the Orc's wrist.

"Let me go!" Megumi demanded as she tried to hold back being stabbed.

-

Rumil, seeing Megumi's predicament, rushed to her rescue… but then another Orc took Rumil surprise from behind, knocking him against the wall, with poised blade…

-

Then the Orc stopped dead in his tracks, as he panted out… and dropped his sword, as if something took him from behind. The Orc that was about to stab Megumi, also felt something pierce his back and panted. Megumi and Rumil's attackers then fell down dead…

But the assailants were none other than Ayame and Suzume. Ayame was holding Rumil's sword, killing his attacker, while Suzume killed Megumi's attacker with one of the Galadhrim hunting knives. Megumi and Rumil looked in surprise to their rescuers, as Orophin merely smiled in delight.

"You know that you children shouldn't be playing with weapons," said a shrewd Megumi.

"Uh… sorry Auntie Megumi," replied Ayame.

"We're really sorry," said Suzume hurriedly.

"But you've done well," interjected Rumil, "…thank you, children."

"You're welcome," the children said sheepishly.

"…Lle naa sai' astald hini (You are very brave children)," complimented Orophin to Ayame and Suzume.

Master Hiko, and his Warg, began chasing two Wargs that were in front of him, and there were others that were chasing him. Fuji had covered Hiko for a bit as he was busy fighting off the smaller Olog Trolls. Hiko's Warg kept up its speed before he was finally next to the rider and punched him off the Warg and sliced the Warg in the throat.

Hiko and the Warg rider next to him were neck-and-neck as the used their beasts to slam into each other. Not slowing one bit… the creatures slammed into each other again, and used their mouths trying to bite one another. The Warg Rider and Hiko gritted their teeth as they struggled to knock each other down…

But the Orc's Warg bit into Hiko's Warg… and the Master of Hiten Mitsurugi was thrown from its back, tumbling onto the ground. The Warg then finished killing the Warg that Hiko rode on, and released its neck, the mouth covered with dripping blood. The Warg now went to eat Seijuro Hiko…

But the ever-defiant master charged in as he cried out, "Hiten Mitsurugi Style… Kuzu Ryu Sen!"

With a strike of nine, simultaneous hits… the Warg and its rider fell to the ground, with their black blood spilling over the ground. But there was more trouble ahead…

When a pair of giant Oliphaunts came into the scene. With these massive beasts charging at the powerful master of Hiten Mitsurugi… he jumped up, and rebounded from a building to gain more momentum for his jump towards the War towers on the Oliphaunts' back, which greatly surprised the Harad Shaman.

"Surprised to see me, fellows?" smirked Hiko.

The savage Haradrim soldiers quickly charged against Seijuro Hiko and his streak of arrogance with their spears raised. Hiko easily countered them with his own punches and kicks, using his sword to slice and stab into the Harad. The soldiers were completely outmatched by Master Hiko. As he was done with the last soldier, Hiko went up to the Shaman driver of the massive beast, taking him by surprise.

"I'll take it from here, buddy," said Hiko as he threw the Shaman from the Mûmak's head.

Hiko grabbed the reins of the beast and pulled with all his strength, gritting his teeth as he drove the Oliphaunt into the other beast, using its tusks to stab into its fellow creature's neck. Both Oliphaunts staggered… and began to fall on top of each other. Seeing this… Hiko jumped from his Oliphaunt…

And landed many paces away from the creatures that crashed onto each other, crushing many of the Haradrim. Hiko smirked as he looked back at the Oliphaunts.

-

Théo den gazed out over the battle at Pelennor fields upon Snowmane; his Riders were scattered about in pockets. Though they had killed a few Oliphaunts, many of the huge creatures still tromped about killing as they went, and tossed them high into the air, with some Horsemen sticking to another Oliphaunt's spikes on its tusks. Saito and Sanosuke also continued to hold their own ground against the massive war beasts of Harad. However, the number of Rohirrim decreased drastically, as Grimbold was one of the Horsemen that were killed by the Oliphaunts.

-

"Rally to me!" Théoden called out loudly, "to me!"

But…

The king turned slowly as a feeling of terror came over him… when he saw the Witch-king of Angmar flying towards him on his enormous Fell Beast, screeching its cries of death. Théoden knew there was nothing he could do to get out of the beast's path and watched his doom approach on swift wings…

CRUNCH!!

The Fell Beast grabbed the king and Snowmane in powerful jaws and as it landed it swung its head around, sending both the king and horse tumbling from its jaws. Saito, Sanosuke, Misao, and Éowyn helplessly observed the carnage of the Witch-king's Fell beast making a meal out of Théoden, before throwing him aside like gutter trash.

Théoden landed roughly on the ground with his dead horse on top of him. The rest of the Rohirrim that rallied towards the king fled in horror to the Witch-King's might. With the dead weight of Snowmane on him, Théoden could do nothing but move his arms. The Fell Beast slowly approached, using its wings as front legs, drooling over its victim.

"Feast on his flesh," the Witch-king hissed his command at his monstrous mount as it moved even closer, extending its salivating mouth… to eat King Théoden…

Until the armored Éowyn, with sword in hand, stepped defiantly in between the fallen king and the monstrous Fell Beast and its even more frightening rider.

"I will kill you if you touch him," Éowyn threatened the ominous wraith vehemently.

"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his prey," the Witch-king said in his dead voice looking down at the young soldier contemptuously.

Éowyn stared her eyes into the flying beast of Mordor as it snapped its huge, slobbering jaws at the defiant shieldmaiden…

But she managed to dodge and hacked at its neck with her sword, roaring out her battle cries, cloving its head asunder in two strokes, skilled and deadly, letting the hewn head fall like a stone. The headless beast flailed about as it flapped its wings feebly and fell back, landing heavily and unseating its rider. Éowyn went and picked up a shield nearby, willing to face the Ringwraith head-on.

The Witch-King, greatly angered by the death of his Fell beast, stood up amongst the quivering black wings… and turned his empty helmet to face Eowyn menacingly. He was tall, cloaked in black; terror flowed from him in waves. In one hand, he had his sword and the other hand…

Slowly drew out a huge, heavy, spiked sledgehammer-like, ball and chain mace. Éowyn's eyes widened in fear as she beheld him and his menacing weapon, but she stood her ground…

SWOOP!

As the Witch-King swung his huge mace, trying to hit her, but Éowyn sidestepped the blow. Trapped under his horse, Théoden watched his niece unknowingly as she ducked from the second swing from the Nazgûl's sledgehammer mace. The wraith swung overhead as Éowyn sidestepped the third blow. The Black rider twisted his body round, hissing at the valiant shieldmaiden of Rohan, whom kept dodging herself at every turn, and used her sword to parry one of the blows. But on one turn…

The Witch-king was too quick, as he swung his great weapon… and shattered his opponent's shield, breaking Éowyn's arm, and sent her falling backwards against King Théoden's dead horse holding her arm protectively, her wide eyes watching the Witch-king's triumphant approach…

But a small knife-like object hit the wraith's sword hand, making him ache in pain. Then…

"Hey!" a voice came…

The Ringwraith turned his empty helmet menacingly… and saw another armored soldier, holding other of these knife-life objects in hand…

"…Misao," Éowyn gasped brightly, in a low voice, recognizing the warrior as her fellow female fighter in disguise.

"You better leave my friend alone," Misao threatened the Witch-King, raising her kunais in her hand, "if you know what's good for you!"

"You dare to go against the Witch-King?" the wraith questioned Misao contemptuously.

"You bet I do, you spike-helmeted, black-hooded knucklehead!" Misao replied defiantly as she rushed towards the Witch-King.

-

-

The Wraith swung his mace at the armored female ninja… but she jumped out of the way.

"Over here, you faceless freak of nature!" cried Misao, making the Witch-King turn angrily and tried to swing his mace over his head to smash her…

But she swiftly rolled to the side, letting the huge mace hit the ground. The wraith twirled his body around, trying to get enough power to kill Misao with one blow. Misao's ninja skills had aided her well against the Witch-king and his massive weapon as she skillfully jumped… sidestepped… ducked… as well as flipped over the swings made by the giant mace.

Becoming more angered, the Witch-king tried endlessly to get one hit. As Misao once more sidestepped his hit… she nimbly swung her sword across the chain… and broke it instantly. With the Witch-king's mace rendered useless, the wraith screeched in humiliation, being outwitted and outclassed by a mere mortal. The wraith picked up his sword, and engaged Misao in a one-on-one sword fight.

The Witch-king swung his sword with a vengeance, but was blocked and parried each turn. On one blow… the Witch-king and Misao pushed their blades against each other, using their full strength. However…

The Ringwraith's strength was too much for the female ninja as he roughly pushed her away, throwing her onto the ground. The Witch-king prepared for another strike, but Misao rolled to her side and batted the sword away. Fighting on their feet again, Misao and the Witch-king engrossed themselves in a flurry of swordplay. Misao flipped over the wraith's head and kicked him behind the head.

Misao charged for another attack, but was parried by the Witch-King and used his free hand to punch her in the stomach, knocking a little wind out of her. Persistent as ever… Misao charged again…

But the Witch-King ducked under her blow… and sliced her across the upper leg, making her writhe in pain. Taking the opportunity… the wraith used his leg to kick Misao aside, sending her flying towards her friend Éowyn, lying upon the carcass of Snowmane, also cringing in pain.

The Lord of the Ringwraiths stood with malicious pride and triumph to his victories over Misao and Éowyn. The two valiant women were completely at the Witch-King's mercy…

Fuji continued fighting many Olog Trolls and Wargs as they tried to jump all over him. But he picked them away like they were tiny rats beneath his feet… and threw them aside like insects. However… his luck was about to change…

As a strange horn blew from behind him… coming from a charging Oliphaunt, that was about to impale the giant. But Fuji quickly grabbed the massive tusks of the Mûmakil and held him at bay as the Haradrim fired their bamboo arrows and pitchforked spears into the massive giant man. Fuji stood up to the attacks, as he had personal experience in being shot before, at a time when he was so misunderstood.

The giant Fuji gritted his teeth as the used all his strength to break the Oliphaunt's neck, and fell dead. Fuji stood for a moment, as he tried to catch his breath…

-

STAB!

But the giant was taken by surprise, as another Oliphaunt came and stabbed him in the back. Hiko gasped in horror to this as he saw his great friend reeking and writhing in pain as more of the Haradrim from the war tower shot arrows and spears into its back, increasing Fuji's agony…

-

"FUJI!" cried Hiko.

However… Fuji grabbed his sword and swiped at the Oliphaunt's head, severing it from its body. Fuji, very laboriously pulled the tusk out of his back…

-

-

STAB!

Then another Oliphaunt took Fuji by surprise as the tusks, with spikes attached to them impaled the giant in his sides…

"AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!" Fuji bellowed with the greatest pain and agony imaginable. He could feel his strength draining from his great body…

Then… a charging Oliphaunt with Okina driving it roared fiercely as he came to aid the giant, risking his Oliphaunt, and himself. Okina's Oliphaunt drove its tusks into the other Oliphaunt's belly. The Galadhrim on the Oliphaunt then dispatched the Haradrim and their Oliphaunt that stabbed into Fuji. Master Hiko took the time and used his sword to cut the tusk that impaled Fuji.

Fuji swooned and swooned, feeling the great tusk in his body, getting weaker. The giant began stumbling away from Hiko and the others… and fell down with a loud, thunderous thud into the city's streets.

Okina then warned the others in the war tower, "everybody, brace for impact!"

Ayame and Suzume held onto Megumi, who held onto the edges of the war tower.

"Tessa! (Hold on!)" Rumil told his men.

Okina's Oliphaunt began to tumble, along with the Oliphaunt that it stabbed its tusks into. As they began to fall… Okina jumped and landed onto the ground with ease… and ran nimbly ran away from the crushing weight of the beasts. Megumi, the children and the Galadhrim held on as they crashed with the Oliphaunt and fell onto the ground with little difficulty.

"Is everyone okay?" asked Okina.

Everyone nodded to being fine. But more trouble came as Orcs and Wargs charged towards them in force. Rumil and his company, Hiko and Okina fended them swiftly.

Omasu, Ochika, and the Elf twins then came into the scene, with injuries wearing heavily, still wielding their Elvish weapons. They observed as their comrades were under attack and joined in the fighting. Chou and Henya came forth afterwards, with Henya safely in the air and Chou still fending off the enemy soldiers with his metallic, whip-like sword.

Henya threw his last pack of dynamite onto the Orcs and blew them away… but an arrow pierced the starved flyer in the upper legs, making him groan in pain and crashed onto the ground.

"Henya!" cried Chou, fearing for his old comrade.

-

Chou was then intercepted by more Olog-hai Trolls that batted him away, breaking a few of his ribs. The sword collector moaned and groaned in pain as the intelligent Troll went to deliver the final blow…

-

KABOOOMMMMMMM!

A large explosion came from nowhere, great enough to injure the Olog. It was Katsu Tsukioka's bombs for self-defense. He, Ishimura, Kuro and Shiro, riding on two horses charged in to assist their friends. The Samurai, with Katsu, sliced into the Orcs, and their allies; some were the Haradrim. Kuro and Shiro also fared well against the enemy…

-

But a pack of Wargs intercepted the fighters. Katsu tried to pull out his last compact bomb, but his horse went rowdy as one of the Wargs bit it in the legs. Tsukioka clumsily dropped the bomb… and exploded prematurely, sending the riders flying from their horses… and crashed near everyone with the downed Oliphaunt.

Everyone was surrounded. Omasu and Ochika held Aiglos and Hadhafang defiantly, not willing to surrender after Elladan and Elrohir gave the ancient weapons to them. Hiko assessed the situation as even he used a lot of strength in his fighting. He too felt that he almost had nothing left.

Two piercing screeches came along next, belonging to a pair of Nazgûl on their bellowing Fell beasts. Ayame and Suzume gasped in fear at the sight of the wraiths, as Megumi stared with a hardened expression, not willing to be frightened…

-

'Kenshin,' thought Hiko, 'I remember when you asked me to protect your friends at the Aoiya during the fight against Shishio. You counted on me to help your friends… and now I'm… no, we're all counting on you to help us…'

"Kill them all," ordered one of the wraiths.

'Come on you dumb apprentice,' thought Hiko, with narrowed eyes, 'don't let us down.'

On a pier at the Anduin River, a legion of Orcs waited, while their Haradrim allies continued fighting savagely against the Rohirrim at Pelennor fields. Moments later…

A fleet of great, black sailed ships, about 450ft long, began settling upon the docks. The Orcs smiled in vicious delight, as their pirate allies, the Corsairs of Umbar, came to help them lay siege to Gondor… as well as the Rohirrim.

"Late as usual, pirate scum!" the Orc lieutenant, wearing a skull, cried out contemptuously as he moved about the crowd towards the edge of the docks, "there's knife-work here needs doing. Come on, you sea rats, get off your ships!"

Then…

Something swiftly shot out of the docking ship… and landed in front of the Orcs. The Orcs' expressions turned from delight… to pure disappointment, as they did not look upon a Corsair mercenary… but a short, red-haired man with a cross-shaped scar on his left cheek.

"…I'm sorry to disappoint you," said the red-haired man, with a small smile of embarrassment, "but the owners of these ships encountered a few stowaways, that they did…"

Another man, with long, dark, straggly hair then jumped from the Corsair ship, followed by an Elf archer and a Dwarf. The Orcs' eyes widened in shock, seeing these four strangers before them. The dark-haired man looked grimly upon the Orcs who were expecting the Corsairs of Umbar.

-

"Your Corsair allies will not be attending… they have all been defeated," the red-haired man added firmly to the Orcs, with a hardened expression, "…it is in your best interest to lay down your weapons and return to Mordor. You're greatly outnumbered, that you are."

But the Orc lieutenant laughed and retorted, "how can you outnumber us? There's only four of you, and many of us. I think its you who should surrender."

The other Orcs had thought the same as they looked upon the others in derision, holding their weapons, preparing to face Kenshin and the others.

"…I see," the scarred man admitted, with eyes closed, "I was just trying to give you a fair warning because many lives will be lost. It’s a shame that I was unable to dissuade you, that it is."

The dark haired man then spoke to the red-haired scarred man, softly, "…Kenshin… if you do not wish to kill, then don't. You may fight in this battle, holding onto your beliefs."

"But that doesn't mean that I'll be alright with it, Aragorn," Kenshin, the red-haired, scarred man told the dark-haired man, Aragorn as they both stepped forward, poising their weapons for battle.

"There's plenty for the both of us," the Dwarf muttered gruffly to his Elf companion, "may the best Dwarf win!"

As everyone charged for battle…

-

Ghostly figures with weapons, surrounded by a deathly green haze, suddenly appeared from the black ships, also charging towards the Orcs, surprising them with their eyes widened in great fear. Both the dark-haired and red-haired men roared their cries as they attacked the shocked Orcs, alongside the ghost soldiers. More of the specter warriors came streaming out of the other Corsair ships, in a great ghostly glowing mass, over the water, killing every Orc in their path, turning the battle into a rout…

-

Merry Brandybuck, while treading over Pelennor Fields, looked over to his side…

And saw his friends Misao and Éowyn cornered by the Witch-King of Angmar, lying on top of the king's horse. Seeing this, and fearing for the women's lives… Merry crouched himself close to the ground, and proceeded quietly towards the wraith, in order to take him by surprise…

The Witch-King reached out his black gauntlet covered hands, and took Éowyn and Misao by their throats. Fear was visible on Éowyn's face, but Misao was using both her hands to pry the wraith's hand away from her neck.

"Let me go, you creep!" muttered the struggling Misao. 

The frightening attacker lifted them from the ground, and held them in the air, with their feet struggling to reach the ground. The Witch-king was ready to choke the life out of the fighting women…

"You fools," hissed the Ringwraith Lord in his dead, frightening voice, "no man can kill me…"

-

Misao, while still struggling against the Witch-King, looked down… to see Merry slowly but quickly crawling up behind the wraith…

'Merry,' thought Misao hopefully.

"…Die now," commanded the Witch-King…

Merry then plunged his dagger in the back of Witch-king's knee. But the Hobbit instantly felt a jolt of cold pain run through his arm and his hand suddenly went cold and numb, wincing in distress, as he rubbed it with his other hand. The Nazgûl lord screamed in agony, releasing both Misao and Éowyn, falling to the ground.

As Misao landed on the ground… her helmet fell freely from her face, revealing her features on the battlefield. Still hurt from her leg injury, she stood up, as she picked up her sword and staggered toward Éowyn.

"Éowyn," Misao said to the other fighter, who nodded in return…

Éowyn followed Misao's example as she stood, gazing at her friend before the Witch-king, her eyes flashing with fury and used her useful arm, with sword in hand… to pull off her helmet, letting her long golden hair tumble about her shoulders. She and Misao turned back to face the Witch-King…

"We are no men," snarled and gritted Éowyn as she and Misao roared out, aiming their blades at the Ringwraith…

STAB!

A nd plunged their weapons into the empty, faceless helmet, between the crown and mantle. Misao and Éowyn's swords suddenly flew away from their hands, as they fell to the ground before their afflicted foe. Éowyn dropped to her knees while Misao collapsed backwards, landing upon her back.

They, as well as Merry watch with great shock and surprise as the Witch-King writhed and shook in its suffering; slowly being crumpled from the inside-out… until there was nothing but empty crushed armor and empty black cloth lying on the ground.

Di sclaimer: The Lord of the Rings and RK are not mine. They belong to their authors, respectively J.R.R. Tolkien and Watsuki Nobuhiro. This fanfiction is created just for fun, not for any commercial purposes.

-

A/n: well, Dagorwen of Beleriand, I hope you're satisfied, now that the Witch-king has been killed by Éowyn, and of course, Misao, as you could read the chapter's title. But, other than that people, like I said, Halloween is Peter Jackson's birthday. It’s a wonder why he has a talent for horror, huh?

Anyway please read and review and don’t forget to wish Peter Jackson a happy birthday. Happy Halloween!