Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Canti Angel ❯ Vol 3: Chap 15: Blackmail ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Blackmail
The real battle began on a warm summer's night. Arestil had found a weakness of Anzu. The girl was dating Yugi well. The kamimortal figured out that her other man knew nothing of Canti. Learning all of this, Arestil formed a plan in her wicked mind. She smiled devilishly as she finished her deep red wine. “Cheating doesn't play for you, Anzu!” she thought. “But it does for me!” Round two started from there.
Anzu awoke to an ugly surprise the next morning. A note was taped to her forehead. Confused, the girl quickly tore it off and opened it wide. Her face went pale with terror when she read the note.
 
I know what you are up to! It's so wrong what you are doing to poor Yugi. I'm going to tell unless you end it with Canti now!
 
Anzu sat up completely pale. “Oh no!” she thought. “Somebody knows about Canti and I! What should I do?” Thousands of thoughts raced through her head. Who could've known about them? And how? Oh, this was bad! Then, her cell phone went off randomly. Anzu leapt up startled. She looked around nervously. Then, the girl realized it was her phone. She picked it up nervously.
“Hello?” Anzu asked in a trembling voice.
“Anzu-chan?” a voice asked her. The girl clammed down instantly. She breathed out slowly.
“Oh Canti!” she said. “It's you!” Her lover sensed something wrong in her voice.
“Anzu-chan,” he said. “What's the matter? You seem worried about something.” His girl went silent at that question. She wasn't sure what to sat at first. Whoever sent the note could be listening in right now. She just couldn't take her chances.
“Actually,” Anzu spoke up. “Canti-kun, there is a problem.” There was a pause over the phone. Anzu waited for a reply. Her heart raced in fear. Something had to be done and fast before she would possibly die.
“What's wrong?” her lover questioned. Anzu pressed her lips together tightly.
“I can't say it here,” she replied in a low voice. Another pause came over the phone. His love waited for more. This situation was a desperate one.
“That bad?” Canti asked.
“Yes!” Anzu called softly.
“Oh, I see,” her lover whispered back. “Anywhere that we can meet and talk?” Anzu thought about that for a moment. Then, the perfect place hit her.
“See me at the Wisteria Square!” she whispered.
“Got ya!” the kamimortal replied. Anzu breathed out.
“Thanks Canti,” she said relived.
“Anything for you,” her love said. “I just want you safe, my love.”
“I know,” Anzu replied. “I love you, Canti-kun.”
“I love you too, Anzu-chan.” Canti replied. His love smiled to herself softly.
“Bye,” she whispered.
“Bye,” Canti said. Then, they hung up. Anzu breathed out again. She felt a little better now. But, it wasn't over yet. The stalker was still on the loose. So, the girl knew that she had to be careful going to the Wisteria Square. But in order to do that, she would have to get out of bed first. “Right!” she thought. Then, Anzu quickly climbed out of bed and got ready for the day.
The walk to Wisteria Square was a paranoid one. Anzu was looking all around her at all times. The stalker could be anywhere. She had to be on her guard at all times. Anyone and everyone was a suspect. The trip took longer than it normally did. Being careful and paranoid took loads of work as usual. But yet, Anzu made it to Wisteria Square just fine. It was so calm and benevolent here. Wisteria blossoms were in full bloom here. The air was perfumed with their beauty. It was like walking into Heaven. The only thing that would've made it better was if her prince was there to greet her lovingly. She got her wish right away.
Anzu looked up instantly when she heard someone whistling to her. Canti was standing before her like a groom waiting for his bride. The kamimortal's beauty trumped all of the wisteria blossoms around them. His smile made the girl blush and go weak in the knees.
“Hello, my love,” Canti greeted her warmly. Anzu's eye lit up in high bliss. She rushed forward to her man and hugged him happily. Canti smiled and hugged her back.
“Oh Canti!” Anzu bellowed out. “I am so glad you are here!” Her lover just gently kissed her on the neck. The girl shut her eyes in relaxed bliss.
They stayed in each other's embrace a few moments longer. Canti slowly let go of his lover. Anzu felt so cold all of a sudden. Canti looked at her with a serious look on her face.
Canti looked at her with a serious look on her face.
“What's wrong, Anzu?” he asked. “You sounded so worried over the phone. What's the crisis?” His love's face went pale at the question. The bliss was completely gone from her. She reached into her shorts pocket and pulled out the note. She handed it to her lover. Canti took the note and read it for himself. Anzu waited as he did so. At long last, Canti looked up at her. A steady pause walked between them slowly.
“Well,” Anzu said at last. “Who do you think sent it?” Her lover had a serious look in his eyes.
“Arestil,” he said without batting an eye. Anzu gasped in worried shock.
“Arestil?” she asked. Her lover nodded at her.
“She must have found out about Yugi,” Canti went on. “Now, she's blackmailing you into a trap to kill you. She will stop at nothing to get revenge like that. Anzu stared at him scared.
“There's not much we can do to stop her. Envy and rage have blinded my sister for so long,” her lover explained. There was another pause. So this how it was. Arestil would threaten and harass them to no end until she killed Anzu. It was just like the old days. But, it didn't have to be this way.
“So what do you want to do?” Canti asked. Suddenly, Anzu toughened up. She grabbed Canti by his hands.
“I'm staying by you!” she said boldly. Canti was overjoyed to hear that. He hugged his love tightly.
“Thanks Anzu!” the kamimortal cried. “I love you!”
“I love you too, Canti!” Anzu exclaimed. They stayed in that embrace to assure each other that they would fight for love no matter what.
From above, Arestil was watching the couple. Her blackmail note didn't do as much as she expected. It was only a declaration of war. Everything was just getting started. “Time to really put the plan into action!” Arestil thought. Then, she disappeared into her black hole to really start the war.
War is On