Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kouja no Senshi Season 1 OAV 1: 6 Days a Death ❯ Setsuna & Friends' Destiny ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kouja no Senshi
OAV 1: 6 Days a Death
Act 6: Setsuna & Friends' Destiny

(OP: Moonlight Densetsu by DALI)

Narrator: Day 5. Friday, July 1st, 2400. Yes, I know this takes place years later, but let's just go with it. After all, we gotta find out what happened to Dr. Meioh and the others.

In an asylum, a familiar figure sighed sadly as someone arrived to the door.

Man: And this, of course, is our resident celebrity.

Tourist: One of the Metropolis Killers?

Man: Yes, you remember. It was all over the news. Earlier this year, the EFS Metropolis was relaunched with a skeleton crew of 6. The appointed ship's counselor was one Dr. Trista Meioh and she reported for duty punctually and on schedule. Unfortunately, shortly after the launch, it was discovered that the real Trista Meioh was dead. Presumably, pushed down by a flight of stairs, presumably by the impostor taking her place. Off-World Security was dispatched to intercept the Metropolis...Its last recorded communication was an SOS distress signal call to the EFS Cataclysm. By the time Off-World Security arrived, this woman and accomplices have slaughtered the entire crew.

Tourist: So who is she?

Man: Her name is Setsuna Meioh, the only child of Ryutsu and Trista Meioh. She was a student of psychology at Neo Tokyo University, wanting to follow in her mother and deceased father's footsteps. But she failed at the final examination, though I don't know how it was possible for someone as smart as her, and dropped out. It seems becoming a shipboard counselor was her dream, and when her mother was called up, she couldn't hold in her jealousy.

Tourist: (concerned) So why did she kill the Metropolis crew?

Man: That's why she remains under psychiatric study. It's a complete mystery. Her profile is inconsistent with a spree killer. The best theory we have is that she was found out, and killed out of desperation, but that doesn't explain the demented creativity, the sheer bloodthirsty relish with which her crew mates were slaughtered. One man was impaled, another was blinded...the first officer had her head twisted right around. Many of the corpses were dismembered and stitched, randomly together into Frankenstein-like monstrosities. Certainly not an actions of someone trying to cover up for a far less serious crime. But let's leave her for a moment and move on.

The two left as the man continued far away.

Man: ...we can......and...

As soon as they were gone, Trista, now known to be Setsuna, stood up, walking to the door and looking out the window.

Setsuna: If they only knew the truth...Leo, Anty, Utena, Megumi, Misaki...please be all right, wherever you are.

Male Voice: They are right here...

She gasped, seemingly recognizing the voice as she turned. There, she saw a ghost aging to three different stages with the Guardian, who hid her face in the shadows of a cloak she wore now, and some familiar figures.

Anthy: Huh?

Misaki: How did we get here? The last thing I remember, we were being sentenced to death while Setsuna was being placed in the asylum.

Leo: And I remember myself about to be disassemble before this lady rescued me.

Utena: (frowns) I guess you guys had something to do with this.

Megumi: Yeah, explain you two.

Setsuna, however, only glared at the two.

Setsuna: You two! Clockwork and that woman again!

She walked to them before glancing.

Setsuna: I thought you'd both be gone forever.

Clockwork: This shall be our last meeting.

Setsuna: You'll help me escape from here, right? You still owe me after what happened to my mother.

Guardian: What makes you believe that we owe you anything?

Setsuna: You forced me to make an awful choice for her. And now, after she had a heart attack before falling downstairs because of me, you made me kill her!

Clockwork: We only encourage you to do what you already intended.

Setsuna: You promised me that I wouldn't be caught!

Alvin: You said I would live a great life, that my life would be set from now on!

Guardian: (sighs) You wouldn't have been caught, have the Metropolis left that locker alone.

Utena: (shocked) You knew about that?! Did you know about William La Bouche?!

Megumi: (frowns) What were you guys up to!?

Setsuna: (angrily) Was it part of some plan?!

Clockwork: Calm yourself, we did not scheme it, but we did know it would come to pass, just as I predicted. All we did was encourage events to take place as I had seen.

A small pause was seen before Setsuna angrily walked away. However, she stopped, looking back at the two.

Setsuna: You know they think I did it? All that senseless murder...I've been locked in here for about 6 months! I don't care about you or any of your misleadings...just help me escape and you'll never hear from me again, I swear!

Leo: (gasps) Miss Meioh!

Guardian: I very much doubt that. But rest assured, we're here to release you and help your friends.

Setsuna: (relief) Thank you. What do we have to do?

Clockwork: First off, however...you will need an assistant...and I believe I know just the one.

Then, a small portal opened up as an unconscious figure appeared to them.

Megumi: Huh? Is that the legendary clone Pokemon, Mewtwo?

Clockwork: Yes...he is.

He then placed on a medallion with a clock on it. Then, the Pokemon began moving as he awoke.

Mewtwo: (telepathically) Wha? (looks around) Where am I? (notices) This is not the Palace of Power.

Misaki: Awesome! He looks so cool.

Guardian: (to Mewtwo) You are needed here...destiny has called for you...

The Pokemon looked concerned before nodding.

Mewtwo: So you are saying I'm in a timeline of some sort, correct?

Clockwork: If you mean 392 years from where you were originally, then yes. All shall be explained.

Mewtwo: What?

However, the two turned to the females as Clockwork continued.

Clockwork: Secondly, just use the key and leave by the door.

Seven: What?

Setsuna: (frowns) Maybe you haven't noticed, but the lock is on the outside. Besides the guards out there will-

Guardian: Who said anything about THAT door?

With that, the two vanished, leaving the seven.

Mewtwo: Wait, what are you talking about?! What door? What key?

Setsuna: Who are you anyway?!

Just then, Mewtwo sensed something as he looked concerned.

Mewtwo: It seems only the psychics can pinpoint the door...(to the others) I found it!

Just then, the group noticed something being placed into the mail slot, which resulted in it being tipped over. The group looked at it, opening it.

Anthy: It's a knife.

Leo: There's no return address on it, though.

The group touched the door and went through it. As they did, crushing noises were heard

(BGM Song: Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku by the Revolutionary Girl Utena Jap Cast)

The group looked at the long flight of circular stairs, though some of it was stained with blood. They looked at one another before descending down the stairway.

zettai unmei mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalypse)
zettai unmei mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalypse)
shussei touroku, senrei meibo, shibou touroku (Birth records, baptismal registry, death records)
zettai unmei mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalypse)
zettai unmei mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalypse)
watashi no tanjou, zettai tanjou, mokushiroku (My birth, Absolute birth, Apocalypse)

They looked determined as the girls looked seriously at what was happening. As that happened, while stepping on blood, they saw images of the deaths of their comrades, though William was replaced by Setsuna herself and everyone else was replaced by William.

yami no sabaku ni sanba, uba (A wet-nurse and a midwife in a dark desert)
kin no mekki no tougenkyou (A gold-gilded Shangri-La)
hiru to yoru to ga gyakumawari (Day and night turning in on each other)
toki no mekki no shitsurakuen (A time-gilded lost paradise)

SODOMU no yami (Darkness over Sodom)
hikari no yami (Darkness in the light)
kanata no yami (Darkness over yonder)
hatenaki yami (Darkness never ending)
zettai unmei mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalypse)
zettai unmei mokushiyami, mokushiroku (The absolute destiny: apocalyptic darkness, apocalypse)

During the walking, the girls' clothing began to transform one by one into some familiar outfits. After the first image, the females now wore boots of different kind along with long gloves. The next image after gave each of them tiaras and skirts. The third afterwards gave them the chokers, along with bows on the front and back each. The final image gave them the remaining fuku pieces (namely the white fukus, pins holding the front bows, and a small garnet on Setsuna's choker).

mokushi kushimo
shimoku kumoshi
moshiku shikumo
mokushi kushimo
shimoku kumoshi
moshiku shikumo

As the song was ending, the group finally came to the end of the stairs as Leo and Mewtwo noticed their outfits.

Leo: You look different, everyone.

The females looked at themselves as their original clothing (and Setsuna's asylum clothing) was replaced by Sailor fuku outfits.

Utena: What's going on?

Setsuna: (notices) Leo, why are you looking like you're shifting between robot and human forms?

Leo looked concerned as he saw himself starting to shift from human to robot and back.

Leo: I don't know...

As the song ended, the group came to a disgusting place, looking shocked.

Setsuna: Wh...what is this place?

The group noticed a certain blonde haired girl tied by a muscle and skin wall nearby and goes to her.

Mewtwo: Hmmm, this girl looks like she was trapped here for years.

Megumi: (worried) What happened to you, miss?

Suddenly the girl woke up and looks at the group, weak and still alive.

Girl: I made a enemy even more powerful than Queen Beryl herself.

Setsuna: (shocked) You're alive?!

Girl: Yes. Lavos refused to let me die.

Anthy: Who are you?

Girl: Boy, that is one complex question you just ask there. The name I know myself is Sailor Moon. Of course, I think I am not the original. I am only a clone, given to Lavos as something to play with.

Megumi: That's inhuman!

Sailor Moon: Or maybe that's my arrogance talking. I don't think I see the real me going through this torture and imprisonment as I do.

Utena: What is this place?

Mewtwo: I am thinking that we're in some sort of body of some sort.

Sailor Moon: (shrugs) Figures you two would ask and say that. No one who knew what this place would be ever come here by free will. You are inside the body of the beast, Lavos himself.

Girls: Eeeeeew!

Setsuna: (sweatdrop) Okay, that's just great.

Leo: How did we get in here? We were in asylum last time I remember.

Sailor Moon: On Earth and in the Universe of Technology? Okay, I don't think I can explain that part. I don't think any of you could get from there to here. Well, not corporeally droid or is it boy?

Setsuna: Tell me. Who is this Lavos?

Sailor Moon: (concerned) The right question should be 'what' is Lavos. Then again 'where' is Lavos is right as well as it is a place as he is a fiend. But to answer simply: Lavos is not only an outer space being, but also a pain elemental.

Utena: So...what's the story?

Sailor Moon: Let see...about a long time ago, long before Lavos crashed to Earth 65 Million Years Ago, there were once many of his kind in the Universe of Magic, small and largely harmless monsters that fed on negative emotions of other. Mainly apes & dinosaurs. Over time, however, they became more and more reliant of magic, until their actual physical bodies were all but completely extinct. They fought, killed, and absorbed each other just for the heck out of it. And when he crashed on the day Azala lost, Lavos became the last of its kind.

Misaki: (surprised) Whoa...

Sailor Moon: A bloated fat slob who's very essence crackles with individual magic. Now, ever since its sealing, nothing but hellish torments can satisfy him. He's the closest thing to a stupid God of Pain. I distinctly remembering the Phage trying to become a God only because Lavos gave him that power before he ever killed his siblings back then...or at least the real me anyway.

Setsuna: Wait, you're the one who sent the idol into space.

Sailor Moon: Possibly. Certainly I have memories of doing so. I can probably bet you're the woman who found him.

Megumi: How could you know that?

Sailor Moon: After the hotel, Sailor Moon and the others spent some time researching and learning about Lavos while she and her friends were trying to restore the Digital World and clean it up. A portal of sorts open up allowing her and her friends to reunite with a robot named Bender and his pals from the time the robot was from. They found some sort of time-space continuum distortion that is creating some sort of wormhole.

Mewtwo: And then?

Sailor Moon: They soon some sort of goggles called Sight Beyond Sight and got a vision from the future like their enemies did. Whether or not I'm original, I don't have the memories of that stupid vision. (to Setsuna) I saw you. I saw what William did to you. I saw what you became. And I realized I've seen you before somewhere...

Leo: Where?!

Sailor Moon: Nevermind that. Look, you want to redeem yourself, don't you?

Setsuna: More than anything.

Sailor Moon: All you gotta do is follow my instructions.

Megumi: What do you want him to do?

Sailor Moon: Kill me.

They gasped with shock.

Sailor Moon: I want you to kill me, woman, and don't pretend you're a stranger to it. You have that knife, don't you?

Setsuna took out the knife before she nodded.

Sailor Moon: It's infused with Lavos's magic. It's the only thing that can release his hold on me. Stab me in my heart now. The nature of that blaster will infuse you with energy. Call it my soul, my life force, we don't have a good name for it. I want you to give it to the one who needs it.

Mewtwo: May I ask who that person it?

Sailor Moon: You will find her nearby. She isn't physically here, but Lavos is observing her, and so she manifest. My life force will still save her now, whether her body is here.

Anthy: Please, isn't there another way?

Sailor Moon: (sighs) No. I'm afraid not.

Setsuna then pulled out the Takeuchi's blade, getting ready to strike.

Setsuna: (sighs) I'm sorry.

Sailor Moon: Hey, none of this is your fault. Remember that. It's just destiny.

Setsuna then closed her eyes, stabbing the girl while Utena and Anthy hugged each other in sadness. To their surprise, as energy is transferred into the blade itself, it transforms into some sort of orb on a staff.

Mewtwo: The Garnet Orb.

Leo: (notices) Hey, what's that?

The group turned and spotted a familiar girl appears faintly, looking like she is stabbed or something.

Misaki: Is that...her?

Mewtwo: I sense the Triforce Crystal of Rigelian is about to appear, along with the Silver Crystal. I do not know how I know their names, I just do. But they will not be enough to save this girl.

Setsuna looks at the Garnet Orb and nodded.

Setsuna: Yes, I know what to do. But Mewtwo, be cover me with shadows in precaution.

Mewtwo nodded as he uses his Psychic powers to cover Setsuna as she goes over to the girl just as Princess Serenity is speaking telepathically.

Princess Serenity: (telepathically) I can't believe it...this is how it ends?

Everything went black.

Setsuna's Voice: Princess?

Serenity's Voice: (scared) What? Who...who's there?

Setsuna's Voice: Actually, it is not over for you yet, Princess Serenity.

In a black space, an image of Serenity's corpse was shown. The girl then sees Setsuna with her friends, though the shadows and blurry vision blocked her perspective.

Setsuna: (telepathically) Go back, Princess.

Serenity: (telepathically) Leave me alone. I'm dead.

Setsuna: Not yet. Not fully. Your mind and soul are drifting apart from your body...With enough power, there is still time to pull them back. (flashes around the area) But you must have the will to return.

Serenity: Forget it. I've had enough. I did the deeds, I made myself useful, I lived up to the reputation the manor and my life gave me. Today I gave everything I could. And I still died.

Setsuna: There is still work to be done. You have not yet completed your duty.

Serenity: I'm sick of duty. I'm sick of prophecy. Just let me sleep.

The female flashed around a bit more.

Setsuna: Stronger ones than you have tried to fight destiny. None succeed. Past, present, and future are all different faces of the same die, and few can see them all at once. But I can, and the future demands that you live.

More flashes were seen as a dead lifeline was show behind.

Setsuna: There is much for you to do, as well as free your true love from the one who controlled him. Return, now. I have marked the path.

Serenity: Please, just let it end...

Setsuna: Pleading to me is useless. I am just as much a prisoner of fate as you. The future your actions are destined to bring about has already taken place. Without your part, I would not be here to restore you to life. So you see, by my mere presence your decision is already made. Go back, Princess Serenity. You cannot rest yet. There is still work to be done.

Serenity: Who...who are you?

They flashed a bit more.

Setsuna: A murderer...and a madman. And a puppet of forces neither of us could possibly comprehend.

Just then, Setsuna, though blurry to the Moon Princess, rose her arm as the Triforce Crystal and the Silver Crystal suddenly appear from out of nowhere. Using the Garnet Orb, Setsuna transferred energy to Princess Serenity. Once that's done, the Moon Princess's image disappeared.

Setsuna: It's been done...

Just then, the group felt the ground shaking.

Megumi: What's going on!?

Then, they noticed the eye opening up.

Setsuna: (to the eye) So you felt that, didn't you?

It growled a bit more.

Leo: (fearful) I think we should leave now.

They quickly headed to the direction they came in. However, they were blocked by a small girl laughing with her hat covering her eyes.

Girl: Hey, new playmates...wanna play with me and my master?

Misaki: I don't think we have-

Then, to their horror, they saw a familiar looking figure in dark red clothing with five familiar Pokemon, with their eyes glowing blood red to them (save for Gardevoir, who looked sadly toward them).

Sabrina: (monotone) You lied to me, Sailor Pluto.

Setsuna: Sailor Pluto? Who's-

Mewtwo, noticing the way out, grabbed them.

Mewtwo: This way!

Quickly, they jumped in together as they screamed. Back in the asylum, in reality, two officers, one obviously a Jenny, looked at a familiar green haired woman's body.

Jenny: Yep, I'd say she's definitely dead.

Officer: Dammit, we're gonna catch hell for this, aren't we.

Jenny: (concerned) Why'd she have to cut her own throat out? Couldn't she have just hung herself with her pajamas like most of them do? It's like she knew we'd have to clean up this mess.

Officer: Personally, I'm more worried on how she got hold of a knife.

Jenny: (looks at him) You and I both know, if someone like her wants to kill herself, there's very little we can do to stop them. Can you honestly say she doesn't deserve it? I've got a little sister who just joined the Navy medical corps, the same age as the poor doctor on Metropolis was.

Officer: I can assure you right now that that's not how Dr. Oak will see it.

Jenny: (sighs) Come on then, let's fetch a body bag.

In the darkness, the seven continued downward into the darkness.

Setsuna's Voice: Blackness swallows us. The furious roar of Lavos fades from hearing.

The group opened their eyes as they neared the time-space door with random clocks surrounding the place before Clockwork grinned, appearing to them.

Clockwork: It seems you have arrived just in time...Setsuna, there are some things that must be explained, especially on what has happened to you...

Setsuna: I believe I already know...my physical form is now dead...however, the rest of me is not.

Clockwork: It it thanks to Takeuchi's Blade, which has now formed to your most powerful talisman: the Garnet Orb.

Leo: So we're somewhere different?

Clockwork: You are in the space-time gateworld.

Mewtwo: And it seems they are here for a reason...

Clockwork: Yes...Setsuna, you and your friends are chosen to be the protectors of time.

He looked back for a moment.

Clockwork: Another will join you in a minute or two.

Setsuna's Voice: We are free, free of that place, I'm free of physical form. The ebb and flow of time flutters against what passes from my body. Caressing me like a lover.

He turned back to her, looking seriously.

Clockwork: Now, there are some things you must know...first off, you must guard your posts and not let anything or anyone through this gate. Secondly...none of you should leave the gate unattended...ever. And thirdly...there is one thing you should know about one certain attack.

The group looked concerned.

Clockwork: Setsuna, you must never use the Time Stop attack, for if you either one of you do, then the rest of you dies.

The group looked worried as Mewtwo "spoke".

Mewtwo: So it seems that they are destined to guard this place at all times...

Clockwork: Perhaps so...five out of six of us can roamly free to guide those that need to be guided...however, it must help bend the flow of time, never to break it.

Setsuna nodded as she looked at the Garnet Orb.

Setsuna's Voice: When I was a woman, I was destiny's prisoner. Now I will be her servant. There are people, men, women, and children, who must be guided.

Clockwork then witnessed the part with Sabrina and Alicia being confronted before Clockwork grinned.

Clockwork: Sailor Soldiers, Guardians of Time, it is time...

Setsuna nodded before preparing to go to her destination.

Setsuna's Voice: I shall be the guardian...the Guardian of Time known as Sailor Pluto!

***

The old man had a stern look on his face.

Farnsworth: Well, that's one part of the cause for all of this. That stupid woman who committed suicide's the one who caused all of this.

Tai: Hey, don't blame her. Those people that were killed before herself was killed were the caused of this...kinda.

Agumon: (realizes) But what about Sabrina? I mean we saw someone that looks like her with a child being evil when she's clearly not.

Mr. Rude: Don't you think there is an obvious answer? She is going to become evil, you nitwit!

Leela: Still, all in all, we better see what made her like that.

Mina: Maybe we could see what can be done once we finish.

They nodded as the time was set back to Sabrina's time as they prepare to finish witnessing the remaining events.

(ED: Friends by Yawmin)