Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ The start of the end ❯ Dismantled you say? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You don't expect something to change since chapter 1 do you? I don't own Cyborg 009 over night!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 2: Dismantled you say?
Joe waited a few minutes after the trap was closed then stood up, kneeling next to Francoise and tried to wake her up. Gilmore appears in the main cabin, carrying 001. “Are they waking up?” asked Gilmore concerned about the well being of his “family”.
Francoise stirred as she saw the familiar figure of Joe above her and soon Jet, Albert and 005 awoke also. “Are you alright?” Joe asked as Francoise stood up, she nodded and put one hand on her head. Chang, Pyunma and 007 entered the room, not looking too happy.
“Ok what happened with that chick? She knocked us out!” exclaimed 007 as he rubbed his neck in souvenir of what Jena had inflicted upon him. “Speaking of her, she seemed not to remember anything...” shared Joe with his comrades. Gilmore nodded, “Indeed, she was the first to wake up. I put that on the account of her advanced technology, she seemed-- disturbed.”
“Yeah and the guards knocked her out.” added Joe feeling a strange emotion build inside him, “They what? That makes no sense.” argued Albert deep in thought. “Well whatever her problem is, it's her own. We're here, finally, in Black Ghost's headquarters so let's not waste time on a business that doesn't concern us!” snapped Jet.
“But... she's a cyborg, wouldn't that make her our sister?” came back 007. “Ch. Yeah a sister that has you in range of her gun. Find her, get killed. Fine with me, but she ain't coming close to me anymore.” retorted Jet hotheadedly. No one answered to that and they brainstormed to come up with a plan to attack the main building.
~*With Jena*~
She opened her eyes to find herself in chains, unable to move around. Pain throbbed in her head as she recalled what had happened, she had woken up in a strange ship, being held at gunpoint by some stranger who ran off when some guards entered the ship.
“Sir, the cyborg has awaken.” came a voice from outside, Jena raised her head, 'Cyborg?' A figure entered the room, she couldn't make out his face since he had this white mask covering it, his black cape wiping the floor with each step he took.
“You're a success, after such a long road of modifying 16 cyborgs we finally were able to combine all the cyborgs' abilities and add some new ones into one specimen. You. But you have served your purpose, you are but a prototype. You must be dismantled and examined so we can finally built the invincible cyborg. Farewell 027.”
Jena was amazed and disturbed at this flow of information, she couldn't remember anything from her previous life yet she was sure she had one. “Wait! Who am I? What am I?” she begged to know, Black Ghost ignored her and exited the room without answering her. The door shut closed and Jena was drowned in darkness, feeling salty water fall from her blue eyes.
'If only-- if only I knew where I am...' she thought when she saw the entire building flash before her closed eyes. She saw all these men wearing the same uniform her guards were, and they were scientists too. She could tell by their white blouses, and there was-- a massive ship. Wait a minute... she had seen that ship before.
She was about to remember when an explosion occurred, she saw it as if she was there. She saw emerge from a cloud of dust the same people that were on the floor when she found herself in that silver ship. 'What's going on? Who are they?' Jena thought curiously trying to get free.
“Prepare for her dismantling.” ordered Black Ghost before going back to his business. A guard entered Jena's cell and tilted her head backwards, two fingers entered her mouth and he pressed something. “What-- did you do?” she asked once he was walking away, noticing the light getting dimmer and feeling her body slowly becoming numb. The guard didn't answer but stepped back out, closing the door and speaking to his comrade, “She'll be ready in an hour.”
Jena saw her vision get cloudy as she concentrated on following the people dressed in red, she wanted to know so many things yet no one had bothered to answer her. This Black Ghost person threw some information at her but it made no sense whatsoever! She kept her focus on seeing those red people, yet she did not know how she could, but she could... and she was going to take that opportunity.
~*With the group*~
They had already placed the bombs in different portions of the building when Joe, Albert and Jet rushed back to the central command to find the door blown down. Joe escaped the probe's red beam as he saw Albert and Jet standing motionless with the others, in that red shield.
Black Ghost convinces Joe to fight him one on one while Gilmore stayed stuck in between two armed guards. Jena watched the entire fight, 'They're so fast!' she thought while she felt her strength decreasing. Jena heard the guards outside discussing, “What's wrong? It's been 30 minutes, shouldn't she be half way shut down?”
“Yeah, something's interfering. Go in there and check it out.” said his comrade, pressing a few buttons on the keyboard in front of him. At the same time Joe jumped on Black Ghost and they both fell through the glass wall that shattered. Jena opened her eyes, wishing she could talk with that guy, maybe he could help her...
As she wished for that, Joe lost consciousness as he was transported in Jena's cell before 001 could make a move. The guard entered and instead of finding only one cyborg, he saw a rebel! “Close the door! A rebel is in there!” yelled the guard as he exited the cell hastily.
Jena stared in disbelief at his form, seeing him fluttering his eyes open before looking around surprised then spotted her immediately chained to the wall. An awkward silence was established as neither found anything to say until, “Can you tell me where I am?” asked the small, soft voice Joe had heard in the ship before, not that hard tone she had used to threaten them.
Joe stood up groggily, his force lacking “You're in Black Ghost's headquarters... Do you know what you are?” he replied looking straight in her eyes, knowing his time was limited since the bombs were about to go off any second now. Jena shook her head, feeling all her strength vanish, her head fell down on her chest as her bright blue eyes tarnished.
Joe's eyes widened, “What did they do to you?” he came to her side, forgetting she was the same cyborg that was the cause for their being here. Jena tried to answer but all she could manage to mutter was “... something... mouth...” before she lost her ability to speak also.
Joe tilted Jena's head and opened her mouth, he looked inside for a switch but it was dark so he took a finger and felt around her teeth for a switch like his. He hesitated once he found it, how could he be sure he wasn't being tricked? “Call some reinforcements! A rebel is in there!” yelled someone as a fire proof door was closed in the cell, “What about 027? Is she shut down?” “No sir, there was some disturbance, we switched her off 40 minutes ago she shouldn't be able to move.”
That was enough to convince Joe, he pressed the switch and took his fingers out, tearing the chains off the wall. Jena fell to the floor, unrestrained as 001 contacted Joe 'I don't know where I am... I'm with the cyborg that attacked us before. She's coming with us.' he answered 001 as he grabbed Jena's arm and slung her on his shoulder, feeling dizziness wash over him.
Only now did he realize how much strength he lost during his battle with Black Ghost, he took a step and felt darkness surround him as he fell to the floor, exhausted. 001 took this opportunity and used his telekinesis to transport both Joe and Jena back to their group.
The first bomb went off in the nuclear reactor Black Ghost fell into, 005 picked up both Joe and Jena, everyone rushing out of the building. They ran back to the Dolphin and hurriedly flew away, watching as the island drowned in black clouds of smoke.
Francoise looked back on last time before she went into the room where Joe and Jena had been put in. First Francoise checked on Jena and saw that she was slowly, but surely, recovering from a permanent shut down, there would be no repercussion.
Francoise then walked over to Joe's bed and stroked his cheek gently, brushing some hair out of his face. She sighed and put a cold cloth on his forehead. “Any change?” asked Gilmore as he walked in his hands behind his back, Francoise smiled lightly, “The girl is coming through, I looked at her readings and I'm amazed at her power level. It's greater than Joe's.”
Gilmore nodded knowingly, “Yes, I had heard of a rumor before I decided to quit Black Ghost's organization. They had already then, thought of a cyborg to incorporate all the abilities all nine of you possess. I saw it as a joke, how could a human retain such power? Apparently they succeeded and in addition, gave her new powers.” Francoise had her mouth open in amazement.
“You mean this girl, equals all of us in abilities?” asked Jet bewildered as Gilmore nodded after sharing the information. “That's nuts! Why would they build a cyborg so powerful?” inquired 007 as Chang nodded. “I do not know the reasons for certain, but what is certain... is that she exists and can be of great help to us.” stated Gilmore.
Joe woke up at a cold feeling, he opened his eyes to see the familiar figure of Francoise leaning above him and the cold was, in fact, a wet cloth on his forehead. He groaned a little as he sat up in the bed, the cloth falling to his side. “How are you feeling?” asked a worried Francoise, “I'm fine... A little groggy.” he answered as his eyes scanned the room and rested on Jena.
“How is she doing?” he asked sliding his feet on the ground, remembering what he had done and only now realized how embarrassing it would have been otherwise. You don't seriously feel around a stranger's mouth. “She's recovering. The process will take some time since she has so much power.” she replied shaking her head and explained the information Dr. Gilmore gave her before.
“So, you're saying she's the equivalent of all of us combined but even greater?” he asked looking over Jena again, her smooth black hair was spread onto the pillow and her eyes were closed. She seemed peaceful, resting like that but he knew she had no idea what had happened to her.
“So professor, where are we going to stay?” asked Albert as now they considered themselves free from Black Ghost's menace. “I thought about it, and concluded maybe a little break at Dr. Kazumi's house would be refreshing.” he answered truthfully, willing to visit his old friend again.
“Sounds good to me, that is if he'd want us to come back.” added Chang, recalling the events of last time, the encounter of 011 leading to Kazumi's kidnapping, all linked to Black Ghost. Joe entered the room while Pyunma took control of the Dolphin and headed back to Professor Kazumi's house.
“Are you feeling alright 009?” asked Gilmore, Joe nodded in reply and sat down, Francoise following him. “We're going back to Professor Kazumi's house.”announced Gilmore and saw Joe's expression lit up.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sorry if it didn't make sense... I'm trying my best but I do hope you're still enjoying the read and review if you wish.
Crystal Remnant: Lol yay my 1st reviewer! :) No this isn't my first fic, it's my first Cyborg 009 fic... I dunno if that makes a difference... I wrote a lot of Yu Yu Hakusho ones too... Too many unpublished and unfinished actually, I only finished my one-shot (cough). =) Thanks for reviewing!