Cyborg 009 Fan Fiction ❯ The start of the end ❯ Why me? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The usual... I own my OC, the plot and that's it. Don't use without my permission!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 4: Why me?
~*With Jena*~
Somehow, Jena had managed to make it into the forest close to the beach and was now resting against a tree. Sure the rough surface wasn't smoothing her uneasiness about the unknown surroundings, but at least she felt safe and connected to the earth.
Her legs spread in front of her, the back of her hands on the soil and her hair sticking to the bark, Jena stared at the moon. It was the same as before, yet it seemed more lurid and ominous than ever in her entire life.
While staring at the starless sky, for all the stars were hidden behind a thick belt of rain clouds, images blurred in Jena's mind. Vivid flashbacks of her falling into the ocean assaulted her mind, causing her to start convulsing in fear and shock, not understanding what was going on.
~*With the cyborgs*~
“Did you find her?” asked Joe as Pyunma extended his arm to be pulled on the ship again.
Pyunma shook his head, “She's not under water...” was all he replied and wrung out his clothes, letting the salty water back where it belonged.
“Thank you 008.” said Gilmore before turning around, his hands behind his back, and walking towards Kazumi who was waiting at the end of the hallway.
Jet was still pissed. “How can a girl of her caliber have so much strength!?” he nearly hollered, rubbing his still sore head.
Francoise sighed, “We already explained... and if you weren't that rude, it wouldn't have happened.” she replied half dryly, holding her head high.
Jet only rolled his eyes, “How was I supposed to know?” he now played innocent. Francoise scoffed softly and left the room. “What?” asked Jet to the now empty room. Silence. “What did I say?” No answer. Sighing, he walked out of the room as well and joined the group in the cockpit.
“How could it be possible that she doesn't remember being Black Ghost's pawn? I mean, she nearly destroyed us all...” asked 007, leaning against a metal wall. Everyone else shook their heads in ignorance and wonder.
“We should go back to Kazumi's house.” proposed Francoise, “I sense a strong storm coming and it would really be more comfortable inside a house than a ship.” With that said, she turned around and headed for the right exit leading to the shore before walking up the beach and towards Kazumi's house.
Everyone else nodded and followed her without a word, only Joe and Pyunma glanced one last time at the sea where the waves started to grow bigger. Silently, they hoped the strange girl would be alright and safely land on a shore.
~*With Jena*~
Slamming both hands over her eyes, Jena tried to cast the flashbacks out of her mind. Somehow, it seemed impossible. “Leave me alone!” she shouted to the forest as a few drops landed on the trees, rocks and soil around her. Standing up suddenly, Jena looked up at the night sky hidden behind clouds, “Why?” she whispered, water hitting her face. “Why me?”
Her body slowly slumped to the ground, shaking uncontrollably with sobs. A few tears found their way out of her shut eyelids and mixed in with the rain sliding down her face. 'What did I ever do to deserve this?' she thought in despair, her body looming forward until her head met the muddy earth, her hair falling on both shoulders.
The rain increasingly started pouring harder and harder, soaking Jena to the bones as she slowly stood up, still crying her heart out. Nonchalantly pushing her muddy hair on her back, she started walking in a random direction like a zombie, maybe she'd meet normal people.
Lightning illuminated the dark sky, reflecting upon the ocean's surface, striking the tree in front of Jena. Her pale blue eyes looked up, barely acknowledging the fact that a tree was about to fall on her. The tree seemed to creak as its slow ascension to the ground sped up every second until Jena realized she was going to die.
'Good... Let me die. Free of suffering...' thought the eighteen year old girl as the tree collapsed fully on her. Knocked to the ground, Jena's head and body slammed against the muddy soil beneath her, but surprisingly, she didn't lose consciousness.
~*With the cyborgs*~
“What's wrong Francoise?” asked 007, noticing her gaze was getting distant as if she was day dreaming, or using her powers.
“It's her.” she replied softly, everyone's head turning to stare at her. “She's in the forest.” continued 003, her hands on her temples, her eyes now closed. “Under a tree.”
Pyunma's and Joe's eyes widened while the others frowned, “Shouldn't we go?” asked Pyunma, already set to leave. Joe was right behind him, wearing his normal clothes consisting of black pants and a dark blue shirt. Gilmore frowned more and shook his head, holding up one finger.
“003, can you see if she's alright?” asked Gilmore, highly doubting that the weight of a tree could injure such a powerful cyborg. Francoise shook her head in apology. “Alright then... Some of you should go, but keep in mind she's like a frightened wild cat and without knowing more about her powers, you are all in danger.” advised Gilmore, watching 004, 008 and 009 leave the house.
Pyunma was the only one dressed in the cyborg's outfit, even Albert was wearing normal clothes. “What do you think happened?” pondered Joe out loud, causing Albert to shrug and shake his head.
“We can only guess... Better be on our guard.” he replied, trying not to shout but loud enough to cover the sound of the pouring rain. They were already soaked.
~*With Jena*~
Distant shouts echoed in her mind, flashes of images playing appearing and disappearing constantly each time she tried to remember. Groaning softly, Jena opened her eyes, feeling something tickling her skin. Rain. All she could see was rain drops falling above her, the dark gray clouds above the drops and that. “Ow...” she muttered.
What was that? Something was on top of her, squashing her legs and stomach into the earth itself. Her eyes widened when she saw, 'A tree?' she thought amazed but scared at the same time. Shouldn't she be dead? That tree was humongous and heavy! How could she have survived?
Her lips parted in wonder, she could breathe more or less easily, 'What the hell is going on? Why am I still alive?' she pondered, trying to pull herself from under that mass of wood and branches. Just then, Jena thought she heard voices. But-- it couldn't be possible. She was all alone in this forest... Wasn't she?
Grunting a little louder, Jena saw three people walk towards where she was. “H-how can I see that!?” she whispered to herself. She couldn't possibly trust herself anymore! She had almost killed that person in that strange ship, now she could-- have visions?
“What is wrong with me!?” she whispered again, her tears returning. The rain kept falling, the wind kept blowing and from time to time, lightning would break the darkness of the night.
“There.” pointed Pyunma and both Joe and Albert looked towards the huge pine tree that had been hit by lightning. Nodding to the others, Albert prepared his mechanical hand just in case and cautiously walked around the tree, followed by Pyunma while Joe would appear from the other side.
Jena's tearful eyes slightly widened when she saw the three people from her 'vision' or whatever she was supposed to call it. “Need some help?” asked Albert emotionless, his gaunted hand still ready in case of need. Jena stared at him, before realizing there were two others accompanying him.
“What am I?” she begged to know, her hair an incredible muddy mess. Somehow she felt they could answer. They were the ones who she could trust. How could she be sure though? Well for one, that cute brown haired one saved her life, or so she deduced... And... that was about it. They did explain some things, but everything was still covered up in fog.
Albert glanced to Joe, who was in front of him, “We'll answer your questions if you'd come with us.” he replied lowering his hand.
Jena frowned, “Can't you just tell me?” she asked softly, not really registering she should be dead because of the tree's weight.
“First you get yourself out of this mess, then we'll answer your questions.” said Albert in a daring tone. Jena stared at him as if he was asking for the impossible.
“How do you expect me to get rid of this tree? Push it off?” asked Jena sarcastically, her eyes narrowing into a glare. Joe and Pyunma were both surprised at her personality change, it was as if she suddenly was another person with the same features.
Albert half smiled, “As a matter of fact... Yes.” he replied and stood behind her, crossing his arms over his chest. Joe and Pyunma imitated him but without a word. They were all very anxious to see what this new cyborg could do when unaware of its powers.
Jena snorted, her lips revealing a frown as she set both hands on the trunk covering her stomach. 'I must be insane-- to think I can do this...' she thought while giving a forced push, like the one she gave Jet earlier in the Dolphin. How big was her surprise when she discovered it actually worked.
Her eyes widened in amazement, her mouth slightly opening as the tree rolled off her, freeing her legs. 'I-- I don't even feel that I've been stuck there... How--?'
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Well... I got my answer as the replying to readers part... >.> Now since I can't reply to anyone out there who doesn't sign in... If you want an answer or comment or... something, then sign for a review or provide me with your complete e-mail address or just e-mail me. So... yeah... But that's only for fanfiction.net...
DamnBlackHeart: Yay for reviewers! They make me happy! ^-^ My mom's confining me to the house during this 4 day weekend, because I'm so behind in my French I swore to do... -.- Haven't started until today... So my imagination is pretty much shot (says I before coming up with ideas for random crossover). >.> I should try to update, but time is diminishing quite quickly with my work load increasing. Something's wrong here. Buut thanks for waiting! ^^