D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fate She Had... ❯ Explaining a Mission can be Hard! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own D.Grayman or Naruto at all! (-_-)
 
 
A blood-curling scream suddenly echoed through/pass Hanabi's room. She jerked up from her sleeping position and shot a kunai randomly at her door, panting nervously as if she had awakened for a nightmare.
 
“Who the hell is screaming at—” she leaned towards her window to look at the position the sun was at—“At THE LATE AFTERNOON?!” she leapt right off her bed and threw her exorcists' coat on, flinging herself out her door—right into Kanda AGAIN.
 
“What do you want? And why are you always showing up at my door, bastard?” She was quite impatient when things didn't go her way.
 
The cold glare just gave her an answer. “So even Lena-li can make you do stuff? It's just too bad there was a spare room on the same floor as you! Blame it on Komui-san if you want, don't get me into it!” She had already gotten used to having him at her door, after a whole week.
 
“Just shut up and listen! I don't have time to spend. You got a mission, with—”
 
“YUU-CHAN!” Lavi yelled and landed right next to Kanda, giving his casual goofy smile. “Will everyone just stop being damn annoying and let me finish my sentences?!” Kanda growled through clench teeth and Hanabi eyed those two curiously.
 
Lavi tried opening his mouth to talk, but Kanda gave him a warning look. “Just let me finish my damn announcement! Lavi, go away right now or the next thing you know will be flying off the tower!” Yep, that was what his companion needed to follow orders. He gave whining stare at them before bouncing out of sight.
 
“What were you going to recite so privately again, Mr. Grumpy?” She smirked and leaned against her door. The name she had just called came into her head suddenly, since Kanda reminded her of Neji, who always had a scowl glued on his face. “Whatever. You have a mission with—”
 
BANG!! Miranda accidentally fell to the floor, scattering the notes and papers she was helping to carry to Komui. Guess who it landed on? Why the short-tempered grumpy of course!
 
“I-I'm so sorry Kanda-san! I-I…the papers were blocking my sight and I was suddenly walking when…Bang...I bumped right into you!” She managed to stammer out as she frantically slipped everything back to in order and slipped around the corner before Kanda burst into flames and start shooting fire out of his mouth.
 
“Get a grip, Grumpy! You'll have the whole tower destroyed before you even explain about this mission!” Hanabi said calmly as Kanda was surrounded with the angry-marks and a huge sweat-drop hung on her head. “Ok…I'm going to make this simple…the mission is—”
 
WHAM!!
 
This time, Lavi had come back and lost his grip on his hammer, which at the moment landed on Kanda's head leaving him unconscious. By now Hanabi was the one who got irritated. She grabbed hold of Kanda's exorcist coat and started yelling out questions crazily as if expected to be answered. She tried shaking him, but neither did that work.
 
Slowly she turned to Lavi, who was standing there with a knowing look that he was dead after Kanda woke up. (Hmmm…Maybe if I get him unconscious the whole day, he might forget about it! Lavi thought.) “So what's this damn mission about?! Just hurry up and tell me before I hurl both you and Kanda off the tower! That scared him out of his wits as he edged closer toward his hammer and take a run.
 
“Not so fast!” Hanabi swiftly grabbed hold of the back of Lavi's coat and dragged both him and Kanda, down the stairs and all the way to Komui's office.
 
 
“Panda help me out here!” Hanabi continued her way down the stairs as Bookman passed them. The old man gave a small grin and chuckled before continuing on his way, minding his own business. Finally they reached Komui's office, where they found him sleeping again, under the pile of work.
 
“Komui-san! Kanda and Lavi are asking Lena-li's hand for marriage!” Instantly the head officer woke up, holding some-kind of weapon. She had learned this trick from other exorcists, but she never knew it'll come in handy.
 
By now Kanda was awake, so Hanabi let go of both of them and laughed silently to herself when the confused Kanda and scared-out-of-his-wits Lavi stayed at the same position. “So what's this mission about? Kanda never tried to finish his sentence, so anyways, who's coming with me?”
 
“Oh that, I nearly forgot about it. You'll be traveling to Edo with Kanda, Lavi, and Allen. Don't protest why, now you can start the mission before the sun sets, where all of you will disguise as a happy family.” Komui finished his announcement and the last two words seem too hung in the air.
 
Hanabi opened her mouth ready, to complain, but Allen suddenly barged into the room, munching on an apple. “So what's the mission about?” Everyone in the room glared at him, frustrated and the 3 left Allen confused as Komui gave him the I-am-not-going-to-repeat-myself look and his head collapsed back on his desk, also, back to his sleep.
 
 
 
This was one chapter I enjoyed writing! It was a little weird though, but I didn't know why I wanted Hanabi to go back to Edo/Konoha so fast on her first mission.
Author: Oh anyways, I'm sure you'll all enjoy the mission!
Kanda and Hanabi: WHAT?! You've got to be kidding?!
Author: Calm down, I know you all wanted a mission like this one! (^_^)
Kanda: *pulls his Mugen out* Better not make it too crazy, I do hurl people out the window.
Author: Oh, ok, calm down, geez. Until next Chapter!
Please R&R!