D. Gray-man Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Fate She Had... ❯ Revealance ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own D.Grayman or Naruto at all. Masashi Kishimoto and Ratsura Hoshino own them!
 
THE CONVERSATION THE HINATA AND ELDER WERE HAVING:
 
“Why-y, tell me why!” Hinata blurted out as the elders turned around to leave. She no longer leaned against the door, but trying to catch with them.
 
Hiashi sighed, but didn't hesitate to continue down the hallway. “If we get her back, or see her, I'll explain. I'm going to apologize to her, okay?” He seemed irritated. Hinata stopped dead in her tracks and gave a hard stare.
 
“What do you mean `if'?” She spoke quietly and took a few steps back. “I'm going to find her no matter what, you can't stop me from—” She stopped in mid-sentence when Neji appeared from around the corner, leaning on the wall.
 
“So what's this talk about Hanabi-chan running away?” He spoke coolly. Hinata looked away at the floor and silently walked past Hiashi, wondering if he heard about the whole incident.
 
 
“Oi, where are we again?” Lavi called to the others, who wobbled off the ship. Again, they had a bumpy ride on their trip; uneven waves, and storms. Hanabi could feel her stomach lurch as she got off the ship.
 
“Remind me to check the weather next time!” Hanabi muttered as she and the others exited the port. The smell of salt faded away as the entered the forest, tall trees looming over them.
 
The sun light reflected through the gaps between trees, shimmering on the exorcists' coats in the late afternoon. Heat was something Hanabi wasn't used to. She would have rather stay in the Tower, where hardly any sun gets in. “So what exactly are we suppose to find again? I remember it has something to do with Master Cross and clues…” Allen voice trailed off, letting the others know he was deep in thought.
 
“Why so fast back here at Edo? I was expecting at little more exciting mission for my first one!” Hanabi sighed and continued on, towards her village again.
 
“Isn't Konoha that way, idiot?” Kanda spat at her, pointing his Mugen at the south. She shrugged carelessly and turned to the other direction. “Don't you come from here, Kanda? I thought last time Hanabi told us you were from the same village!” Allen piped up suddenly. He covered his mouth after the last word, knowing he shouldn't have asked.
 
“None of you're business, bean-sprout. Just shut the hell up all of you and follow!” Kanda snapped irritably. Hanabi grinned. “Well then, show the way, Boss! And you might not know you're leading the wrong way!”
 
Now Hanabi leapt up to the top of the trees as Kanda followed. “See…I'm right, I can see the village walls over there.” She smirked again. “I thought Mr. Know-it-all would realize it.”
 
“Yuu-chan, we've got trouble!” Lavi called from below. Hanabi landed on the ground quickly with Kanda following realizing an ambush was made. By Hunter-nins. “Hyuuga Hanabi, please follow us to the village, a court will be held for you're escape when trying to murder someone from Hidden Sand. War could be brought soon, if you don't come.” One of them spoke sternly.
 
Hanabi gaped and remembered the Akuma that she saw when she first met the others. “It was an Akuma anyways, so that person must have been dead long time ago.” She blurted out stupidly, knowing they wouldn't know. The Hunter-nins exchanged glances but took a warning step forward. She stared for advice at the others, who only gave no help by doing the same.
 
“For what purpose?” Kanda grunted out and leaned on a nearby tree. “We have no time to do this, we were going there anyways, and you've got the wrong person. She isn't who you called Hanabi, so get lost!” That surprised everyone for a minute before the exorcists knew it was a lie.
 
Hanabi slowly edged back towards he companions, mouthing to do what she says. “But—” The Hunter-nins opened there mouth to speak but Hanabi threw smoke bombs and put an illusion for a few minutes. “RUN!” She grabbed Lavi and Allen half-dragging them as she leapt as fast as she could carry them away from the area.
 
Behind them, Kanda caught onto their pace, cursing and telling her off for doing such a dumb thing. “Just shut up or I'll leave you with them!” She spat acidly, not wanting to continue this conversation. Soon she let both of them go and started onto a faster speed, pulling on her hood at the same time. I'm going to act like I don't know this village at all.
 
Tears seemed to fill her eyes as she got closer to the familiar sights; she shook her head and fought it off. No, they were the one who kicked me out, so why should I act like this? Thoughts stopped whirling when she found her self at the gates, where the guards were standing on the towers of the huge door and below.
 
Hatred crept into her and anger build up too; this was not what she wanted to do, going back to Konoha. As she took cold steps closer, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning around, she realized Allen had a worried expression on his face, even if the hood covered it. “Are you okay? You seem a bit…well…nervous.” She slid away from his grasp and shook her head.
 
“I'm just a little…fine…a little…” She stammered out, but stopped when the guards turn to stare at them. Lavi and Kanda appeared from the woods and onto the dirt road toward the entrance too, wondering what to say.
 
“Who're you guys and where are you from?” A guard with a huge long scar that went across his face said. “Europe. We're from the Black Order.” Hanabi felt the coldness swept into her words as they stared dumbfounded.
 
“Just let us in, we have to find Master Cross, he's in the village.” Allen pleaded when the guards gave a skeptical look. Lavi slung his hammer onto his shoulder lazily and gave a weary smile. He hadn't had enough sleep on the ship, since he was always on the edge, throwing up his food. Kanda gave a sharp look at him and pulled out his Mugen.
 
The guard thought they were going to attack, and called to the others on the towers. “It's you're fault, Kanda. I'm going to kill you later.” Hanabi muttered and pulled her katana out.
 
Allen stepped in front of his friends and put a hand in front of them, shaking his head. “No. There's a better way than attacking.” He slid his hood off, and gave his naïve smile to them, though he was sweating nervously. “We mean no harm at all; we're from…er…umm…” He stammered, which was no help at all.
 
“We're exorcists from the Black Order, people who join forces with the Vatican. We come here to…umm…right…oh yeah, purify and help ward evil from the village. The Hokage send for us, right?” Hanabi nudged the others who hurriedly nodded. The guards scratched their heads and gave a confused look but called for the gate to open.
 
“That was easy. But you made us sound dumb and I'm not accepting it at all!” Kanda scowled as the moved with the crowd around the busy streets. Hanabi wasn't listening to what her friends were saying. She was busying looking around worriedly, wondering if anyone might recognize her.
 
“Hey, Hanabi-chan, are you listening?!” Lavi interrupted her thinking as they started holding pictures of Cross Marian to everyone. Nobody nodded their head or say “Oh, I've seen this person!” at all.
 
Sighing, they strolled up to the park and sat on the benches, wondering if to give up or not.
 
BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG! Sounds of things clashing together reached Hanabi's sensitive ears. “Something's wrong, I can feel it!” She declared as she started walking toward the sound. The others lazily followed, tired and heat-up from the sun and all the traveling. Her pace quickened when shouts joined the sound, making her nervous.
 
As she got closer, she realized that she had reached her Clan's Estate and she could feel chakra dying away from a person. Leaping over the walls that surrounded her home, she found herself at the clearing on the front gate, with every one in the clan surrounding…Hinata, Hiashi and the elders. Her sister was half lying on the ground, spitting amounts of blood out from her mouth. Gaping at the sight, she edged closer.
 
Hiashi had his Byakugan activated, in Gentle Fist Style. He had a hard determination look on his face as Hinata's lips trembled. “Why did you do that? Finding her is my idea not yours!” She yelled, wiping blood from her mouth. She had deactivated the Byakugan, leaving fear and hurt in her eyes.
 
But her father gave an emotionless stare and raised his hand high to give another blow. Hinata stayed where she was, allowing the blow to come. But as the hand brought down, Hanabi leaped into action and flung her katana out and stopped the hands from coming down on her sister.
 
Everyone was astonished at the new comer, as Hanabi pushed forward, deepening the cut on Hiashi's hand. He jumped back, and deactivates his Byakugan. “Who are you? It's none of you're business to interrupt our business. Reveal yourself!” But Hanabi took a few steps backwards and helped her sister to her feet.
 
The wind blew calmly past them, but as Hiashi took a step forward, Hanabi stumbled a little on the blood on the floor. When she regained balance again, her hood fell back.
 
“Hanabi?!” But as Hinata spoke, her sister raised her katana and narrowed her eyes into slits. “Don't come any closer,” She hissed with hatred and anger builds up in her. “I'm warning all of you, not going to listen to any of you, traitors. Don't even think about it!”
 
Instantly, she felt a hand grab her and pull her back roughly. Kanda and the others had arrived. “Come on, let's go. Even if this is you're clan's own personal business, but its Hanabi's freedom to choose her own path.” Allen's voice made her relaxes, knowing she was being rescued from all this commotion.
 
But Hinata wasn't listening. Her eyes filled with tears as Hanabi looked away, putting her katana back into its sheath. “This is my own choice of path on where I should take. No one decides it for me, Sister.” The words were spit acidly out, especially the last word, but Hinata resisted it.
 
“Please, Hanabi…” In one swift moment someone swept up behind her and held a kunai at her throat. Hanabi froze as the familiar feeling of coldness came to her. “Better listen to you're family and follow the good.” Neji's voice was still as cold as ice, but it was more demanding then advising.
 
With a swipe, he knocked her unconscious, and let her fall the floor.
 
 
 
Ooh, this is a long chapter. Kind of extended it too much though…
 
Anyways if you want to know what happens next read the next chapter! R&R and please! (^_^)